PDA

View Full Version : Most rewarding skill.

Lloydifer
26-05-04, 14:26
Ok I made a monk and I thought I would be all Uber and put all my points into psi power right, so I did that and now im thinking how boring that is. *Whips out teh lom* :D ok so Heres the deal, I was wondering what you folks thought out of all your experiances with the skills was the most rewarding, not just in money or exp, but dealing with people etc.

cRazy2003
26-05-04, 14:32
rifle skill, for attacking people who dont agree with me.

ZoomZoom
26-05-04, 14:34
passive monks are good with ppl :D

apart from one that para you in pepper park :(

ezza
26-05-04, 14:36
passive monks are good with ppl :D

apart from one that para you in pepper park :(
ya those nibs should die a horrible death

Original monk
26-05-04, 14:46
ya those nibs should die a horrible death

yawn ... common now all whine about para again ... and the true ppuhaters can whine on ppu's ffcourse if they like :)

past month ? nopez, past year ? nopez, passed 2 years ? YEAH, the whining is going on for almost 2 years now ... wipie, intresting :/

ppu is the most rewarding skill, simple, people rather have you to give there life then take there life :)

Lloydifer
26-05-04, 14:48
Well I meen like should I go for research or I wasnt thinking about weapons thats a good idea. But yea I meen like constructing researching etc whats the best you guys have found?

ezza
26-05-04, 14:49
sure i have 2 good ppus in my clan who DONT need to use para and RARELY do,all those n00bs that do use it can kiss my ass, you dont need it to keep a player alive, and if you do you must be a shit ppu

in regard to tradeskills, construting is more rewarding(if you get the slots) but you said you were a monk right?

if so you proberbly wont cap the high level items cos of the lack of dex

if that is the case researching is good.

though either way you will be combat gimped, but still able to PvM so which ever you want really

subsys
26-05-04, 14:55
con > res, res bores the hell out of me, my favourate tradeskiller atm is a poking barter spy,

Ghanima
26-05-04, 14:59
I would have to say my super powerful hack skill. I used to be able to hack through all three layers of an OP straight without even trying to hard. I figured I was just going to rule hacknet when it was released. I never did get around to lomming my hack lvl down.

Original monk
26-05-04, 15:00
Well I meen like should I go for research or I wasnt thinking about weapons thats a good idea. But yea I meen like constructing researching etc whats the best you guys have found?

you can go researching with ease :) maybe not at lowlevel but certainly at a higher level, you will gimp youre psi-use yeah ... wich means casting a littlebit slower/ less fluently etc ... but if you have some experience with ppuing then that cant be a problem ... pvm or pvp doesnt matter, those spells are strong enough by emselves anyway :)

+ you can use adv. nerfs 3 wich gives you + int and ya can use a resglove and constr3 boost :)

go ahead and try it i would say :)

@ ezza, i aint starting about para ... its boowring ...

slaughteruall
26-05-04, 15:06
I have a 4 slot holy group shelter that was made by a APU. I've seen alot of god spells made by this APU. Granted he pokes in CST imps to CST. But it is still possible.

Slaughter

winnoc
26-05-04, 15:08
My ppu researches and he even does E techs (since recently)
Just use a self buff, glove and the backbone.

ezza
26-05-04, 15:10
My ppu researches and he even does E techs (since recently)
Just use a self buff, glove and the backbone.
ya researchings easier than Construction for amonk as you dont need dex for res but with cons you need dex.

though it seems it is possible to get high level items made by monkeys

winnoc
26-05-04, 15:14
Using the CST level formula......

With int 100 and dex 35 a monk needs 121 CST to cap quality.
With int 85 and dex 35 he needs 128 CST.

Easily achievable with a glove and ppu buff.

Doc Holliday
26-05-04, 15:15
Pokerin gets u money and friends.

ezza
26-05-04, 15:16
Using the CST level formula......

With int 100 and dex 35 a monk needs 121 CST to cap quality.
With int 85 and dex 35 he needs 128 CST.

Easily achievable with a glove and ppu buff.
hmm interesting,though gimpy

Eledhbrant
26-05-04, 17:34
My PPU pokes TL 115, other PPUs in clan hack TL 105/106 with spy3

a point to note: All Outpost layers are the same difficulty, I used to hack any with 103 hack, there was no difference.

Mumblyfish
26-05-04, 19:04
Hack has a really high reward. You can retrieve belts for clanmates when they keel nasties, you're invaluable in OP fights, you can open up some of the best monsters for uber-loot in the game (Warbies and DoYs), and probably loads of other things I can't remember.

Implant gets you loads of friends. And when you die you're not in deep shit. You're also useful when your mates get serrrrrrrve-dah in fights.

Dribble Joy
26-05-04, 19:09
Making 100k from a single tl115 poke is funny.

Jest
26-05-04, 19:28
Hacking is pretty rewarding with a PPU. Op fights I pretty much bring my PPU anyways so I might as well be available to hack the op as well. Though just a warning, with a tradeskill you will lose RoF on some of the high end modules like Holy Rez or Holy Cath Sanctum. With a 120% frequency on rez a clan mate can have his holy heal last almost the entire rez time but when I do it I think I'm like 7 or 8 seconds over, which is a dramatic difference when you've got 10 people shooting you. :p So in many ways pure psi use can be the most rewarding.

Though as far as dex goes Id definitely recommend driving skill. Driving a reveler is the ultimate win.

n3m
26-05-04, 19:34
I'd say poking, but people always say OMG THANK YOU!! when I tip (my usual) 10-20k
that too much? :confused:

greendonkeyuk
26-05-04, 21:51
nah i like to tip big too. well bigger than most i guess. 10k for a poke is nothin to a spy who makes 5x that in 5 mins tryin to finally cap mah frickin dex.

Back on topic....

Hack > u

poke 2nd.

slaughteruall
26-05-04, 22:01
If i'm on a char with money (over 50k) and need pokes i prefer to tip 10 to 15k always at least 10k even if it is just bones. If a MC5 falls out that is around 20k by itself. If a poker has to relog for me that is well worth over 50k on top of everything else. I've even gotten poked on one char and logged a alt for the tip. I tip better on my tank since i hunt with him still. My apu is almost always broke. If i could be asked to cap his INT(91 base) he would have money.

Slaughter

I would go either for hack or poke. You can't do both without being a gimp. And the other trade skills aren't really worth it for a monk.

Lloydifer
26-05-04, 22:35
Alright If I were to be a poker which would be the best desision probibly becuase my char is on pluto and there is a lack of them on there... but how much points do I actualy put in poking? :confused:

Jest
26-05-04, 22:39
Alright If I were to be a poker which would be the best desision probibly becuase my char is on pluto and there is a lack of them on there... but how much points do I actualy put in poking? :confused: I dont think you mentioned if you are PPU or APU as that will impact your total points. Make sure to account for the implant glove which gives 15. Then spy 3 gives 16. If you want to poke tl 115 then you need 115 - 31, so 84 total.

yavimaya
27-05-04, 11:11

Poking! (as long as your not on saturn - Dont go stealing my customers!)
You get tips for just clicking on people, people love you almost as much as a PPU.
And if someone is annoying you, you can poke-spam them! and make em bugger off! LOL... not that i do this.

Hrmph... just caught up, i have TL 165 with the glove, and Tool 150.
The higher everything is, the better! people think it basically caps at 115, but you implant faster the higher you are, and although a TL30 tool will poke anything, Tool TL matters for speed too.

Sorin
27-05-04, 11:21
Well if you are talking about monks, I've found poking to be the most rewarding skill. Not monetarily though because I turn my trade off when poking because I refuse all tips. I enjoying poking because it's simple and straight forward and I know how hard it can be to find a poke sometimes so I know that people appreciate it.

But talking about any skill across any class, then I enjoy my constructing spy the most. I love constructing things and getting my name on them too. I like having something tangible (in game anyways) to show for my efforts. Something that people can show around and say "yeah, I got my 4 slot and 5 slot black suns, 5 slot holy paralysis, 3 slot ray of god, and 4 slot commando made by The Creator." I rarely stand around and advertise because far too many people refuse to understand how slots work and are unappreciative. It's also pretty profitable too.

ou7blaze
27-05-04, 20:08
Recently I made an APU and found that poking was quite rewardiong and gave me that extra pocket money to buy BEER >:]