PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport]Auto-Reloading Quickbelt Slots

s0apy
26-05-04, 12:53
micromanagement of QB slots is a pain. hitting the key for a sta/psi boost when you've run out, and not noticed, will deselect your weapon (annoying). there aren't enough QB slots. this idea, i think, solves all of the above.

you put an item such as a drug or booster into, say, QB slot 10. when that item is used, or used up (in the case of multi-use boosters), if you have another of the same kind in your inventory it is automatically "loaded" into the slot from which you just used the first one.

so, you have a sta booster 2 in your slot 10, once the last use is used another one (provided you still have some in inv) pops into your slot 10 without you having to stop and do this yourself.

if you have concerns that this might imbalance things, please vote "not a good idea" and state your concerns. i'd say that balance, if it were a potential problem, might be satisfied if there was a small time-delay between last use of a QB item and it being re-loaded.

micromanagement of QB slots is a pain. hitting the key for a sta/psi boost when you've run out and not noticed will deselect your weapon (annoying). there aren't enough QB slots. this idea, i think, solves all of the above.

Cruzbroker
26-05-04, 13:22
Kind of destroys the idea of even having a QB. Yes, I hate it deselects weapon (deselecting should be done with a 'holster-key' imo). But reloading your QB takes more time and you can't put something from pocket to QB when running, in RP sence. I voted no.

Also there should be more options when right clicking items in inventory. One of them could be 'move to QB'.

SPIKE (pluto)
26-05-04, 13:26
Would be useful for lvling but it would take some of the skill out of PvP, im all for it, i regularly have to take a break fomr lvling to shove some of my psi boosters into my belt, its annoying as hell

SilentEye
26-05-04, 13:31
There should be an option "Other" in your poll.

My suggestion:

Wear a "QuickBelt extender"
This adds up a second bar for you to use with another slot peace too.

Of course this would move into your belt slot for your armor :)

I like it!

s0apy
26-05-04, 13:42
Kind of destroys the idea of even having a QB. Yes, I hate it deselects weapon (deselecting should be done with a 'holster-key' imo). But reloading your QB takes more time and you can't put something from pocket to QB when running, in RP sence. I voted no.

Also there should be more options when right clicking items in inventory. One of them could be 'move to QB'.

i can see the possible objections, but the qb was designed back when drugs such as anti-db, anti-poison, anti-shock and so on didn't exist. also, ordinary drugs back then were less useful and less often used. there are also quite a few more PPU spells around that take space away from drug/booster space. as a result, i don't think the QB is really serving it's purpose anymore.

as to the RP sense, it doesn't make "sense" that you can reload a weapon while running either, or that a weapon takes up the same amount of space as a packet of pills. a reloading quickbelt follows the same "logic" as a reloading weapon, saves QB slots, and reinvents the QB for the modern (i.e. far more drug oriented) era.

as to making PvP easier - i'd agree to an extent. but i don't think it dumbs down PvP in any way, it simply opens up more options. losing a fight at the moment may be merely down to the fact that you omitted to have a certain drug, or enough of one, in your QB at the time. at the moment, that's a somewhat arbitrary reason for losing the fight - yes, it was your fault, but not really though any lack of fighting skill. a reloading QB would help, but you still can't have every drug to hand, although it would increase your options and therefore increase the possibility of skill, rather than luck, determining the outcome of the fight.

sir retail
26-05-04, 13:55
you put an item such as a drug or booster into, say, QB slot 10. when that item is used, or used up (in the case of multi-use boosters), if you have another of the same kind in your inventory it is automatically "loaded" into the slot from which you just used the first one.potential problem, might be satisfied if there was a small time-delay between last use of a QB item and it being re-loaded..

this idea would solve a lot of problems for me.
If you carry lots of druggs you have to read first. before puting the wrong one in youre slot..

hinch
26-05-04, 14:20
we've been asking for this on stams drugs and psi boosters for many many months now and still nothing has been done about it though its a great idea and deffo something that needs to be done

subsys
26-05-04, 14:25
i think there should be a drug/booster slot (replacing or in addition to your normal slots) been sugested a lot but still the best idea i think

so voted "other" i supose :)

MkVenner
26-05-04, 14:28
I had this idea of a stam booster or psi booster implant, that uses the boosters as ammo...and it'd "fire" wheneva your psi or stam hit 0

slaughteruall
26-05-04, 14:44
Not zero if a APU's pool hits zero it's dead. You cant wait around long enough and survive for your pool to recharge. Maybe a setable option somewhere. I would have it to it at around 50 or so i guess. Or increase the recharge rate of the boosters.

Slaughter