PDA

View Full Version : Scavengers

Max Jefferson
26-05-04, 12:16
I currently only play neocron every other weekend or so (taking a healthy break until the dome). But I'll definitely be back in force for DOY.

Something I've wanted to do every since I first flew a glider on the test server is create a scavenger clan. Consisting purely of pilots and drivers (maybe some others tagging along in the transports) we would patrol the wasteland airs, with the sole intention of belt snatching. Everyone would have a decent level in hacking, say 120 or so, and we could fly around in some of the more dangerous wasteland zones (up north) and spot belts from a height, swoop down, and hack em.

I'm thinking Mad Max here. OP fighting is all well and good, but dive bombing lone jeeps and bikes and gathering up the scattered belts sounds like fun to me :)

Who's with me?

Judge
26-05-04, 12:25
lol.... that would be pretty fun. But I know from experience that setting up clans such as that is incredibly difficult. I've tried to start up biker clans on occasion... but it just never worked. =/

Max Jefferson
26-05-04, 12:42
lol.... that would be pretty fun. But I know from experience that setting up clans such as that is incredibly difficult. I've tried to start up biker clans on occasion... but it just never worked. =/Yeah, it would definitely have to be a Team Speak / Ventrilo effort. But a swarm of gliders descending on a warbot hunting team would be awesome. Or doing a bombing run on the MB bunker, and having a few light gliders swoop down to collect the 'goods'.

winnoc
26-05-04, 12:43
I'm up for that, depending on what faction you're gonna choose.
I got a constructor that drives, hacks and repairs.

Some leveling and imps will get her up to level for the gliders when they come.

LiL T
26-05-04, 12:59
That sound very fun I enjoy rhino raids :)

MkVenner
26-05-04, 14:02
Cool idea tho youd get people whining abut kill stealing if u attacked them while they were hunting

Lafiel
26-05-04, 14:05
Cool idea tho youd get people whining abut kill stealing if u attacked them while they were hunting

when doesnt this community whine?

MkVenner
26-05-04, 14:06
true :D

ezza
26-05-04, 14:34
i wander the wastelands hacking all belts i find, pretty good occupation ive found so far :D

winnoc
26-05-04, 14:57
The problem is vehicles get called back to garage if you log off.

Also there are no appartements in the wastes.

Would be cool to have appy's in the wastes and garages to go with them.

Judge
26-05-04, 15:24
Yeah, I reckon that a few of the larger villages around (some of the ones with storage facilities underneath) should have appartments and vehicle access.

SypH
26-05-04, 15:35
Well one of my alts is all set up to be a pilot already. He has no combat skills whatsoever so all he will be doing is csting/barter/driver/pilot/repping. I think it'd be cool to have a full flying division of scout glider, attacker glider, transports and bombers swooping about causing all sorts of problems:D

winnoc
26-05-04, 15:53
I had dreams once of a bomber squad killing the turrets at the op, and next the carrier dropping off the OP force, with the assault gliders patroling above to give covering fire.

Anyone who starts a vehicle clan will have me change faction, lom for driving on my spy again :-)