PDA

View Full Version : Tested out all i read on constructing

winnoc
26-05-04, 11:05
I tested out the theory that there is a formula, based on int dex and cst level to see what cst level you need to cap quality on certain items.
This formula works like a charm.

To past in excell use this.
(based on quality cap of all non rare weapons)

Where B2 is INT and C2 is DEX

=(103-B2*0,25-C2*0,15)/0,6

Secondly there is all this stuff about using drugs, buffs and factories to get slotted rares. I need to test more on this, but i've used my INT62 DEX62 CST137(with CST1+2 and Glove) CST spy to build these items:

(no drugs, no bufs)

Perfect Devils grace 3 slots
Perfect Electric tempest 2 slots
Perfect devourer 0 slots
Perfect Liberator 2 slots

Those are all the weapons i've built so far, but i'm listing them in an excell sheet to see what's going on.

Furthermore, i will LOM DOWN my cst to stay around the qualtity cap for all non rares, as i think higher cst levels do nothing.

]v[ortice
26-05-04, 12:00
Nice one Winnoc.

Just one Question...

Where do you put your CST skill into that formula?

Your formula needs full stops (or periods) instead of commas

___T-X____
26-05-04, 12:07
Very interesting, following this closely.

winnoc
26-05-04, 13:00
Well, the formula is in the dutch version of excel :-)

The point is, the formula gives you the CST level to cap quality on all non rare weapons (with 100 int and 100 dex you need 105 in cst)
I didn't make up the formula, i found it in the forums and it works

The thing about slots has interested me more, and i think all the slots not being random is just superstition, if there is a rich constructor with a lot of parts out there, i'll be happy to do some constructing, where we both do the same stuff both rare and non rare with me without buffs or drugs and him drugged and buffed and maybe an op. I don't believe the number of slots will vary much.

So next time you need a constructor, don't just go by the TL and tool TL, just ask him what his CST INT and DEX are and do the math. If he caps quality he's the man for you.

Cruzbroker
26-05-04, 13:14
Fact of my tradeskiller (int 116, dex ~116, cst 140-160): EVERY (AND I MEAN EVERY) 20-25 build is 3+ SLOTS! Believe the fuck me.
I built 50 holy heals, 23-24 was 3 slots, 47-48 were 5 slots.
I built 25 shelters (I think they were holy ones), 23-24th were 3 slots.
The list goes on. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Slots = not random. Dependant on skill. Random between 0-2 and 3-5.

winnoc
26-05-04, 13:55
I'll try this with some other weapons on my cst.

You do however realize that slot chance on rares and non rares is completely diferent?

The slot chance on regular weapons is based on quality of the item, and i think wiht my cst i can have the same chance of slots as you.

For rares i don't think it matters at all, as long as you have the tl to build it.

Cruzbroker
26-05-04, 14:05
Slots, quality, yes. Rares don't have quality caps which means you usually get more slots BECAUSE you get better stats than shop weapons. (Leads to more randomness in getting slots).
That's what I think anyways..

Spoek Hagbard
26-05-04, 14:08
http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1385633&postcount=37

SypH
26-05-04, 15:18
Slots are still random. You just have a better chance of getting slots when you have a higher skill and can cap whatever you are building.

Strych9
26-05-04, 15:51
Sigh.

Its no magic formula.

We know (read the skill guide) that its

60% Construction, 25% Dex, 15% Int.

Now the formula he has above is basically stating

Constr = (103-B2*0.25-C2*0.15)/0.6

Which is the same as

.6(Constr) + .15(Int) + .25(Dex) = 103

Now I dont know where he got the 103 from, for no one has stated that number anywhere are part of any formula.

Also, his formula is flawed.

If my Dex is 120, and Int is 120, by that formula, I would need a 92 in construction to cap quality on all non-rare weapons. And with a 92 in construction, there are some non-rares you arent even capable of building yet.

So we have NOT been told how the .6/.25/.15 ratio is used by the program. We just know thats the relationship between the numbers.

As far as slots, please just read the post linked in my sig. He explicitly states why rares DO have better slot chances than normal weapons.

And also, winnoc, being able to cap build quality on non-rares now no longer means much at all in terms of slot chances. We now know you have to SURPASS the minimum to cap quality for best slot chances.