PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Ranks for Mobs ?

naimex
26-05-04, 04:19
Should mobs be given a random rank within a pre-specified group ?

ex :

Grim Persecutor, currently rank 110/110 could be anywhere between 100/100 and 115/115

or

Decayed Horror, currently rank 100/100 could be anywhere between 90/90 and 105/105

roach currently rank 1/1 could be anywhere between 1/1 and 2/2

Think thatīs enough examples to show what I mean.

So, what do you think ?

It would let some mobs be weaker than the average, and some mobs be stronger than the average.

SorkZmok
26-05-04, 04:22
Why not?

But whats the point? I mean, why? Theres so much more stuff to add/fix/whatever.

naimex
26-05-04, 04:27
Why not?

But whats the point? I mean, why? Theres so much more stuff to add/fix/whatever.

you know those lvl 2 implants ?

they arent dropping, because the mobs that drop them, now drop lvl 1 or lvl 3 imps

regants mutants were to drop lvl 2 implants, but they still donīt.

and dynamic ranks, might just make some of the mobs, cover the areas of lvl 2 loottable ranks.

there is also already a lot of valuable loot already in the game, but they donīt drop, because no mobs have the right rank.

and a lot of the valuable junk (such as tronik parts) is ingame, it just hasnīt been added to the loottable yet.

So those things will have to be added too, to get max efficiency

And in any world, there will always be some that are weaker and some that are stronger.

So that will make it an RP-thing, so to say.

SorkZmok
26-05-04, 04:32
True. :)
You got my vote.

Birkoff
26-05-04, 04:36
Great ideas but there is things that are needed a lot more ergent :s

naimex
26-05-04, 04:38

yes, there is.. without doubt.

But some things take a long time, before they reach the game..

So might aswell start early, to get a headstart.

Sorin
26-05-04, 04:43
Other things are more urgent maybe, but I mean really, how many lines of code would this really take? Not only is the RP value good because these are wild creatures and you quite naturally should have some variance in their strength. But it would also be interesting because the experience would vary too. Although for mechanical mobs the ranks should probably stay static, or at least have very little variance if at all, since that IS something you can control in a manufacturing process or something.

naimex
26-05-04, 04:45
Other things are more urgent maybe, but I mean really, how many lines of code would this really take? Not only is the RP value good because these are wild creatures and you quite naturally should have some variance in their strength. But it would also be interesting because the experience would vary too. Although for mechanical mobs the ranks should probably stay static, or at least have very little variance if at all, since that IS something you can control in a manufacturing process or something.

yes indeed, good observation..

Mechanomobs should not have variating ranks.

Kasumi
26-05-04, 04:57
No.. Anything is just as important as anything else.. ^^ There nothing more important unless it prevents you from being able to play..