PDA

View Full Version : Event Idea

Saito Hajime
25-05-04, 07:28
I've been talking for a while that there should be more player hosted events.
Sadly, My main, who could host one is on pluto, so its kinda pointless to try on that server till pops increase. And My only alt on Saturn is a dirt poor noobie noob.

So, As I cant effectively run this I just wanted to poll if something like this would attract any player attention. So please vote, and if this isnt interesting, or you have something you would add, or get rid off please post some kind of reason.

I'd like to run a big player hosted event, It would pretty much have to be run by a clan. And to make it even less likely to happen it would need some support and flexability on the part of reakktor.

I'd like to see an event that combined some roleplay and some PVP. I envision a faction having some wonderous new tech, rare items or something of the type, somethings uber rare, somethings nearly unique, named even. Preferably a city faction. For example, City Mercs and TT working together on a weapon, or CM and NEXT on a combat vehicle, Something. But team of couriers that was transporting the prototype "disappears" somewhere between MB and Neocron. Despite thier best efforts to search discreetly the whole mess leaks out. Now all the factions know that this prototype is out there somewhere, but only one knows where. You see through some espionage a rival faction ambushed the couriers, and are holding them in X location (preferably some unused location) while thier best researchers and constructors are trying to copy the item. Among the leaked info is the names of the of the couriers, and the names of thier mates, lovers, mothers, generally folks who they might have talked to about the run.

Armed with only that info (not knowing about the ambush) Players of all factions set out on a race to discover the location of the couriers. Players or NPC would play the part of the characters that would give them the clues they need to discover the location. In order to get the location, one would have to see at least 4 npcs in different zones controlled by different factions, leaving the choice of fighting your way into the factions you are not allied with or trying to buy the info off another player. Perhaps one of the informants would require a small task... or need to be killed which makes another come forward...whatever

Meanwhile, the faction that is holding the couriers slowly learns of it as information trickes down from the team holding them. And rush off to defend the locale. The event would have a time limit of several hours (i havent tottaly worked all this out yet) after which faction members involved in the defense of the team trying to crack the couriers would be eliegble for one of the rewards. If any team of players/factions is able to find the location and hack the system that operates the containment of the prisoners all those involved in the succesfull attack would be eligable for one of the rewards.

So, its a race, with PVP and roleplay after which all surviving players of the side that wins would be eligable to win one of the rewards, determined quasi randomly (participation and winning guarentee a chance at the item) by gms maybe, or something I havent quite worked out yet. (winging this up at work so please pardon the holes)

Of course, this would take alot of coordination between the hosting players and reakktor. But I think this kind of gameplay would be a serious blast. I dont think It could ever happen. But playing along with my tired mind, if it were to come down would any of you want to participate?

Please vote, and feel free to offer suggestions/comments/questions.

Saito Hajime
25-05-04, 09:29
Is there some reason why 33 times this has been viewed and only one vote?

SynC_187
25-05-04, 09:46
I thought of something similar with a manhunt. The PE camo PA has already been given to a few people on Venus, so its in game.

Have a manhunt where someone has the camo PA and drops it when they die.

SilentEye
25-05-04, 10:58
Why is noone voting exactly? I think its an awesome idea but you will need GM support.

Saito Hajime
25-05-04, 11:03
Yea it would be a real task to pull off but imagine a server with decent pops, everyone running around tryin to solve the riddle, fights breaking out when rivals are in the same place, possibly a climatic battle....I only wish I could make it (or something like it) happen.

Thats a great idea with the manhunt, could be like "the running man".

seriously though, Reakktor has shown a lil ablility to change things up with the closing of yakarmas and the doybot/stormbot fighting in "The Farid" as I like to call it. Maybe this kind of thing can happen some day if we encourge them to work with players to make it happen.

Hey Mods, I'd like your opinon on this too please.

INFERNO22
25-05-04, 11:29
I was thinking of making a BIG event called the "NeOlympics"
http://www.freewebs.com/inferno88/NeOlympics.jpg

i was gonna see if i could get Gm help for it , it would contain serveral different events Eg: like TANK vs TANK ect or Freestyle any class vs any class, Then there would be the Hunt either groups of players or solo players hunt each other down, there would be Mob survival (ideal for PPUS to see how good they actualy are) , there would be racing events around the desert race tack and the wastes and the cross country ( a race around the wastes on foot) , there also would be trade skill events and many more..

NeOlympics is Hell's Angels idea No stealing!!

Ps: prizes would be Gm created medals and cash

Saito Hajime
25-05-04, 11:30
Yep, exactly what I mean, Anything beyond the same old hunting, and PK. Anything that can add depth to the virtual world. Good idea.

Nidhogg
25-05-04, 11:43
If you make a decision on the factions involved you can ask their respective counsellors for help. They can arrange for GM help with your event. If you just want to talk it over with an event GM then drop Honeypot a line (honeypot@neocron.com).

N

Saito Hajime
25-05-04, 11:46
Great, thanks!

But, do you think something on that scale could be pulled off?

Barar
25-05-04, 11:49
Saito If you want to talk about pulling big things off speak to Lexx :lol:

Saito Hajime
25-05-04, 11:54
Lexx eh?

Ya know Nid, on further review I would only wanna do this on Pluto. Sadly, I dont think the pop supports this, not in idea, but simply not enough players.

MkVenner
25-05-04, 11:55
yeah choose what server/s and factions, if u wanna do it ill be glad to help if ican...that is if its on one of the english servers coz i dont play the others...the only problem is that some of the FCs are non active...

/edit: only pluto thats a shame...tho contrary to poular beleif there are RPers on Saturn....there jsut hard to find :p

INFERNO22
25-05-04, 17:25
dammn my host broke for my pic il have to re upload

Magic Sausage
25-05-04, 17:45
I remeber somethng like this long ago.. where TG had to strike a bunch of GM's in a tank... much fun was had.. but the opposing side won because they got the vehicle to the destination before we could destroy it.

SilentEye
25-05-04, 17:52
Lets do it on Uranus and I'll gladly help :)