PDA

View Full Version : Blessed weapons

LiL T
25-05-04, 01:47
I had this idea about getting weapons blessed what I mean is you do a like a quest to do the quest you have to collect a number of artifacts which are hard to get. Upon completing the quest you hand your weapon to a npc you get it back but its blessed which means you can't drop it and it degrades alot slower. You could have the same for Armor this might be a way to give players who wish to lead a life of a pure criminal a way to do it what you think?

Moscow
25-05-04, 01:50
I had this idea about getting weapons blessed what I mean is you do a like a quest to do the quest you have to collect a number of artifacts which are hard to get. Upon completing the quest you hand your weapon to a npc you get it back but its blessed which means you can't drop it and it degrades alot slower. You could have the same for Armor this might be a way to give players who wish to lead a life of a pure criminal a way to do it what you think?

A way to completely over-ride the already iffy Soullight system?

Um, no thank you.

Bugs aside, if you become a "criminal" then you deserve everything coming to you, in my opinion. This just sounds like a way to escape punishment more than anything else.

Peace.

-Moscow

Saito Hajime
25-05-04, 01:53
[ edited ]

Eledhbrant
25-05-04, 02:01
Saito stop fucking trolling.

EDIT: Not that I like lil t much either but he posted an idea, at least give a god damn opinion.

And my opinion is against your idea btw terror, I think everyone would get all their guns that way and no one would ever drop anything :/

LiL T
25-05-04, 02:11
[ edited ]

:rolleyes:

Well maybe not have where you never drop it but less likely to drop it I don't know the game is getting a tad bit boring with nothing to do :/

Scikar
25-05-04, 02:23
As Eledh says, it would get pretty boring if nobody dropped weapons (except the lowbies and new players, not really fair is it?). But it could provide other benefits instead. Such as unlimited ammo perhaps (would still require reloading but creates the ammo as you reload it), creating an extra slot, providing a (small) armor bonus when equipped or other stat bonuses, stuff like that could work as long as all of the bonuses are kept small, i.e. a nice little addition to your favourite weapon as a reward for your hard work, but is by no means essential to a viable setup.

Saito Hajime
25-05-04, 02:24
Then host an event, do something worth while. You may even find it to be fun. If you can get past the neocromagnan logic of KILL everything in sight.

Shadow Dancer
25-05-04, 02:35
Lil t's idea with Scikar's tweak, and the idea is awesome.

But no I don't want ANYONE having less of a chance of dropping something good. PvP loot is already crappy in most cases.

naimex
25-05-04, 02:40
Then host an event, do something worth while. You may even find it to be fun. If you can get past the neocromagnan logic of KILL everything in sight.

^^ just make an event about killing everything in sight, then thats not a problem anymore :p

I do think that the game would lose something, if all weapons ended up undroppable.

IŽd rather have the option to change the name of my gun..

*drooools* Baby Blue

LiL T
25-05-04, 02:43
As Eledh says, it would get pretty boring if nobody dropped weapons (except the lowbies and new players, not really fair is it?). But it could provide other benefits instead. Such as unlimited ammo perhaps (would still require reloading but creates the ammo as you reload it), creating an extra slot, providing a (small) armor bonus when equipped or other stat bonuses, stuff like that could work as long as all of the bonuses are kept small, i.e. a nice little addition to your favourite weapon as a reward for your hard work, but is by no means essential to a viable setup.

Thats better extra slots more ammo mods and stuff :)

Saito I don't kill everything on sight I have my days where I give them a chance they pay me 5k I let them go they stand there going wtf? or say no I blow them away. << Thats role play :lol:

Judge
25-05-04, 03:48
[ edited ]

Haha... how ironic.

Anyway, back on topic. Scikar's tweak would be awesome... Though I think that another slot would be too big a bonus. When you get it blessed you could give it one of the following (as examples, thought up in under 2 mins): Degrades slower, infinite ammo, free silencer, free flashlight, free scope, extra 5% chance of getting tech drops etc etc... that sort of stuff. Nothing that would effect combat... just cool factor. :D

CincyFire
25-05-04, 05:01
BOOOOOO
ICK
YUCK
BLEH

how else can I say I hate it? :lol: