PDA

View Full Version : so how is city of heros??

joran420
25-05-04, 00:25
OK im not cancelling my account or anything...but the only server i Play has gotten to the point where there is just not enough ppl online. Im sure it will come back up but in the meantime im looking for something besides neocron to fill time.

So anyone playing City of heros? How is it and what server u on?

Rude Boi
25-05-04, 01:17
Infinty

Blunt-Man - LvL 16 Science Blaster
Pimpess - lvl 7 (odd) Magic Defender
and others but there still in tutorial :P

40$Poser
25-05-04, 01:23
OK im not cancelling my account or anything...but the only server i Play has gotten to the point where there is just not enough ppl online. Im sure it will come back up but in the meantime im looking for something besides neocron to fill time.

So anyone playing City of heros? How is it and what server u on?

just picked it up today, several servers tons of people. I like it, and with City of Villians (if I'm correct) there should be PvP which should be pretty damn entertaining.

Just started on Liberty

Blackjack McGee

Rude Boi
25-05-04, 01:25
the good thing about the pvp is that there will b no ganking and no random PKing, :D

(btw if u watch the CoV trailer, at the end, does it remind any1 else of the 3 installment of a popular film triology based on hacking?)

joran420
25-05-04, 02:35
so 2 ppl play....and no 1 said whether its fun or not...and i cant tell from their forums...guess ill pass on that one

Marx
25-05-04, 02:37
so 2 ppl play....and no 1 said whether its fun or not...and i cant tell from their forums...guess ill pass on that oneIt's not bad, not great.

Fun for awhile, but it all depends on the people you're around. Some of the people are _really_ serious about their superhero stuff, and it gets downright scary at times.

Bl@zed
25-05-04, 03:52
it's awsome..
CoH > Neocron :o

Rude Boi
25-05-04, 10:17
its great, can get a little repetative though if ur not careful

Maarten
25-05-04, 10:53
I saw the trailer movie. It has a turnbased attack system like Anarchy Online and a very ugly interface. Sorry, not my thing... :)

Darth Slayer
25-05-04, 13:03
it's awsome..
CoH > Neocron :o
I don't think so.
I play Lineage 2 which has PvP tho you'd be wise to avoid it till u about lvl 20 and above.
And to compare CoH to Neocron whan both games are so different is just showinng how stupid u are.

Rude Boi
25-05-04, 13:43
CoH isnt turned based, and the GUI,unlike NC is quite changable, u can resize all the windows or choose to turn em off all together :P

and Lineage II, i was in the beta, was ok, but till u r in a big group or high enough to defend your self, theres not much for u to do :/

and the controls... 8| u really dont even need a keyboard to control :/ its all done with mouse :( the controls also make changing camera angles wierd aswell :wtf:

CoH controls r similar, but they r diffrent enough to make the game more playable :P

EDIT:

And to compare CoH to Neocron whan both games are so different is just showinng how stupid u are.

in that case CoH and L2 are completly diffrent so dont u try to compare them o_O (not saying u r, just dont attempt to....)

Sorontar
25-05-04, 14:25
CoH is fun , said it in another thread , but this is another day :p

Loads of missions ( instanced ) which have a story arc running with them , fed to you by one of many contacts that will be introduced to you.

I had to import it paying much more than the guys in the US ( before download option ) but don't regret it one bit.

Rude Boi
25-05-04, 14:35
same, i had to import mine 2, :D

btw any1 else here play on infinity? if so maybe we could team up

enigma_b17
25-05-04, 15:07
id go lineage2 if ur lookin for somed to do. Im only lvl 9 atm, have no idea what im doin, die in 1 shot but its not to shabby, graphics are nice, a good amount of ppl playing, not much lag most of the time. Quite Complicated to get the hang of though

Mumblyfish
25-05-04, 15:11
id go lineage2 if ur lookin for somed to do. Im only lvl 9 atm, have no idea what im doin, die in 1 shot but its not to shabby, graphics are nice, a good amount of ppl playing, not much lag most of the time. Quite Complicated to get the hang of though
And it's total shit. That's the bit that sold me!

VetteroX
25-05-04, 16:09
You cant pk in it...or even pvp... therefore its bad. Nuff said.

Bl@zed
25-05-04, 16:32
I don't think so.
I play Lineage 2 which has PvP tho you'd be wise to avoid it till u about lvl 20 and above.

it's not stupid when you compare which game has less bugs and is more stable :lol:

ZoomZoom
25-05-04, 20:47
i play coh im on freedom server name is:

darkblind
evilblind and
aplha b
:)

Darth Slayer
25-05-04, 22:42
OMG I agree for the second time with something Vet has said I must be ill of something...... :D

ZoomZoom
25-05-04, 22:49

i think next patch on coh u can pvp there will be like 2 factions good and evil.
im not fully sure i think i heard my mate say it :angel:

Carinth
26-05-04, 02:49
City of Heroes expansion pack: City of Villians

Once that comes out I'll most definitly buy the game. *evil laughter*

guywithnoears
26-05-04, 20:53
jojo, dont leave me and necron :(
:angel:

SeXy Happy
27-05-04, 00:19
Great Game. People who are saying it is repetative haven't gotten high enough level to check out all the new mobs and mission types. I am in a Supergroup (clan) and were taking on a Task Force mission. The mission took us about 2 hours and we were still not done with it (granted this was because some of us died quite a few times). Lots of story archs and such that makes the whole thing great.

Beautiful looking game, and 2 of the best things of all.......everyone looks different, I dont mean a few, I mean everyone. I have yet to see someone who looks like anyone else (unless you count the people who are unoriginal and try to make themselves look like Storm, Hulk, Wolverine...etc.) The other is that there are tons of people playing. Boasting 100k people playing they have quite a few servers up and running and there are always alot of people on. oh oh and there are 11 servers (I Think) 8 characters per server = 88 characters you could come up with. You just can't be bored.

So many possibilities, not including that the PvP will be coming up soon.

Liberty Server
Corporate Toy Electric/Devices Blaster lvl 11 (rerolled due to high level power fuck ups)

Sorontar
27-05-04, 00:24
I'm on Victory , if anyone wants to Team at around Lvl 15

Firebrand-Omega (Mutant Blaster)

jernau
27-05-04, 02:28
It's a very good game. I loved it in beta and I will seriously consider buying it once CoV comes out. I would buy it now to get levelled up ahead of that but NC has made me wary of release dates in MMOs. NCSoft really have their act together though unlike KK.

L2 sucks dead donkey sacks.

Houston
27-05-04, 11:21
Neocron > All