PDA

View Full Version : <IDEA> Dynamic Faction Symps

Magic Sausage
24-05-04, 18:10
Alrighty... I R teh magic sausage... I have a growing protopharm clan and things were goin quite well until we started getting killed and our ops taken by friendly factions...

Yes... Contrary to popular belief we accually had 4 ops and defended them for a couple hours. Anyway thi isn't my point.

I believe that factions should be dynamic... for example... faction A constantly kills faction B... but they should be frendly factions... So faction A becomes neutral with faction B while Faction B becomes enemy with faction A.

While if faction A kills alot of faction B's Enemys Faction A would go back to friendly.

I am not too much for details nor am i a programmer of any kind... I have no idea how this could be implemtnted either... I am just saying... factions shouldn't be dead locked in enemy/friendly status if thats how it isn't in the game.

Perhaps clans could have the dynamic factions... or clan alliances with opposing clans...

Anyway I am getting of topic... Anyone have any comments?

Benjie
24-05-04, 18:17
any comments?
Yes.
Sexy!

cRazy2003
24-05-04, 18:19
i dont absolutly understand what ur on about. but this wud completely unbalence all proportions of the game, and its not just faction vs faction, its clan vs clan in different factions most the time, and how wud it end up if CA were friendly to TG?

if i understand correctly if there were 2 waring clans, one in CA and one in TG who were always OP fighting, and they were both clan enemies, if ca waited until tg were friendlys, they could happily GR strieght into one of the TG enemy clans OP's, causing the TG clan to lock all of there ops, and any other clans who would be in the same situation, meaning more or less no one could get access to the outpost gr's, so i say no.

naimex
24-05-04, 18:47
:rolleyes: ^^ (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=99115&highlight=revolute) :rolleyes:

Moscow
24-05-04, 18:56
No, I have to disagree with this.

So far, clans are putting too much empthasis on their own needs before the needs of the faction. Giving something like to those clans would just bork things completely, if you ask me.

Plus it would throw the scales even MORE when it comes to one faction "dominating" a server. This sort of idea just gives even more power to the largest group of people; stomping the little guy flat.

Peace.

-Moscow

Clyde
24-05-04, 19:25
no, because it would fuck up the almost nonexistant storyline even more

greendonkeyuk
24-05-04, 23:42
on a factional level i dont think it would work. on a clan level it may work as individual clans become friend/enemy to each other. having said that implementing clan wars would solve this problem much easier and much quicker.

Saito Hajime
25-05-04, 00:24
Bad idea. I dislike the idea that you want to change the whole political landscape of the game in the interest of what? Making it so TG can walk the streets of neocron in safety, heh oh wait they can....
pointless

Liebestoter
25-05-04, 04:28
Solution: Allow declared clan wars to turn the feuding clans 'red' to one another for a few days. Limit maximum number of wars. Problem solved.

Biznatchy
25-05-04, 04:46
Solution: Allow declared clan wars to turn the feuding clans 'red' to one another for a few days. Limit maximum number of wars. Problem solved.

Nice idea...

On topic wtf seems all confused what does op wars have to do with faction alliances. Your PP you have two red in your list. So you take an op and expect to only have to fight TG and Next. Welcome to op wars it gets nasty have a nice time.

Magic Sausage
25-05-04, 07:11
Well I was bringing this up because as a PP... we have enemys under friendly banners...

For example... most TG kos PP because they think PP is a threat in there canyon... yet CA will attack PP because we are fiendly to TG...

This all just part of saturn... maybe some events on the neocronicle will cause factions to change alliances... GM and such can determine this and when it needs to be done.

Like I said... I wouldn't know how to work this... but was just a small idea.