PDA

View Full Version : KK…please do something about factionless runners.

RayBob
24-05-04, 17:35
As things stand today, everyone should be in a faction. If you are not in a faction then please email helpdesk@neocron.com and we'll take a look.

NEvery day I see more and more factionless runners. They are not supposed to exist yet KK does nothing to eliminate them. They are waiting for people to email the help desk but many people DO NOT WANT to lose their factionless status.

If you are factionless you will not be attacked by TG guards, or CA guards, or City Merc guards, or Elite Stormbots, or DoY Scout Units, etc. You enjoy advantages not available to other players. Is that fair?

A factionless runner can roam the wastes looking for someone to PK. When his victim sees him he sees a green runner without faction. What does he do? The faction system is supposed to guide combat but when you see a factionless runner, how do you react? Most people hesitate, which always puts the factionless runner in the driver’s seat. He gets to decide whether or not to attack. Even if the victim successfully defends himself he always loses SL as the factionless runner was green. So now the factionless runner fixes his SL and goes out looking for another victim. This is ridiculous.

These people are not hiding, they are bragging and enjoying the confusion they are causing to other players. Why is KK allowing them to persist?

[TgR]KILLER
24-05-04, 17:44
w0rd.. nuke them kk.. just put them in the faction they got the highest FS for..

Strych9
24-05-04, 17:49
As a side note- being a factionless runner also means you cannot really kill anyone else.

My pvp tank left a clan, and became factionless. I killed some factional enemies (enemies of what my faction would have been) and took a huge SL hit (and a FS hit even though I "had no faction"). It was then impossible to survive in the game... having NO enemies to attack in order to raise your own original FS.

So its fine if you are peaceful. But it stinks if you are a fighter. I was TG, left a TG clan, then had no faction. Had to kill a CA runner, and then my TG sympathy was HURT, and I couldnt raise it since I had no enemies to kill.

Had to email helpdesk, got it straightened out.

greendonkeyuk
24-05-04, 18:29
so what happens to a person who has negative sympathy for EVERY faction? personally i think they should be given a new label.... ANARCHY BREED.

___T-X____
24-05-04, 18:31
Stop trolling the forums, get sum work done Donkey :P

Thanatos
24-05-04, 18:31
There will be no more factionless Runners in NC:BDOY as they will automatically become Anarchy Breed members instead of becoming factionless.

Magic Sausage
24-05-04, 18:34
LOL... The Return Of Anarcy... Enemy to everyone and friend to no one... I like it

Heavyporker
24-05-04, 18:41
Damn.. I didnt see that post by nid....

one of my chars got booted out of TG because he's a droner *and* le'd :(

I been running around on him for months trying to raise SL and symp high enough to even think about starting doing missions... now you tell me I can email helpdesk... damn...

naimex
24-05-04, 18:50
There will be no more factionless Runners in NC:BDOY as they will automatically become Anarchy Breed members instead of becoming factionless.

!!!!! SEX !!!!!

t0tt3
24-05-04, 18:52
!!!!! SEX !!!!!
To late.... should be in the first patch beta - > retail....

40$Poser
24-05-04, 18:52

nice (insert sex emote here)

naimex
24-05-04, 18:54

I know, but it´s still sex. :)

Stuff > Idea for stuff.

Heavyporker
24-05-04, 18:54
While I do want my spy back in TG...

when DoY comes, is it possible to intentionally become Anarchy Breed? Instead of having to wait for some sort of bug to strike you?

Because I just fooking love the idea of becoming anarchy breed, a freethinking activist trying to free neocron city from Reza and stop DoY from trying to destroy everything.

Moscow
24-05-04, 19:00

Will they be red to all factions? If so, this isn't too good a move in my opinion. :(

It would just result in those "let's kill everything" players jumping ship to Anarchy Breed and being able to kill anyone without repercussion, yet STILL having access to major areas on the map.

Peace.

-Moscow

Serpent
24-05-04, 19:01
no way !

kk have other things to do then nerf nerf nerf...

btw: i love my faktionless tankeh :p

J. Folsom
24-05-04, 19:06
when DoY comes, is it possible to intentionally become Anarchy Breed? Instead of having to wait for some sort of bug to strike you?
Actually, assuming it keeps the same conditions as it does now, you'd just have to get seriously negative faction sympathy with your current faction, while not being in a clan.

Clyde
24-05-04, 19:10
NOOO, factionless is tight, but it also has its downfalls. First off, If you have any negative 33 or somethin like that with a faction, theyre gaurds WILL shoot you. Second, you cant GR anywhere unless the gr is set to allow all. The only advantage of being factionless is that you rarely get attacked if you have good SL, if you have red/yellow sl your the number one target. Also if you have good SL, then anyone who does manage to kill you will loose SL :lol:

Judge
24-05-04, 19:32
RayBob, my Factionless runner is not factionless due to any of your incredibly biased opinions. He's factionless because he's a freelance reporter who reports impartial news, thus he shouldn't belong to any faction because that would bias his reporting.

Scikar
24-05-04, 21:42

Oh. Well why don't KK just not bother then, and we'll ditch the Anarchy Breed idea and keep factionless runners in BDoY, since it's too late?

@Judge: The Fallen Angels are generally quite proud of their neutrality, I'd say the FA faction would suit your reporter, at least until DoY anyway.

jiga
24-05-04, 21:42
It's not hard to become factionless. All you have to do is kill a few of ur own faction's NPCs. You will get to -32 sl but u can work it off at tg doing delivery missions. It helps if u have an LE in

VetteroX
24-05-04, 22:32
I was gonna make a post about factioness runners, good to see an answer. They are even worse then protopharm in my eyes... trying to escape pvp by being neutral to all.... the scum.

Will anarchy breed be able to pk anyone in DoY with no SL loss? If so that will be a dream come true...

Heavyporker
24-05-04, 22:50
That reminds me...

Will anarchy breed be auto-KOS by all factional guards and copbots/DoY Guardians?

I hope so, otherwise, there's no point.

Make it so that Anarchy Breed will truly be outcasts, that MUST scrape by out in the wastelands or in the Outzone, must really wheel and deal with anyone they come across to get anything decent.

I know this might be futile, considering the intentions of most that delight at the thought of being Anarchy Breed, but I really want to ask you guys that become Anarchy Breed to at least try to move beyond being mere bloodlusty drooling hamfisted noob-rapers.

Saito Hajime
24-05-04, 22:52
Ya know, heres what should happen to the folks who manage to fuck up thier faction enough to be factionless. Sure make them anarchy breed, And then allow every faction to have an NPC in there HQ that puts out contracts on thier lives for big cash.

I *DESPISE* the whole notion of the "path of PK" as one ass so grandly put it. Almost as much as I despise the "roleplay the maniac" excuse. Whatever.

Q`alooaith
24-05-04, 22:54
The only thing I think AB should not be able to do is form clan's..

Also remember that with BDoY that anti city will be shot on sight in the city, and the same will probably go for the dome..

So all the AB runner's will find themselves locked out of both citys (in the law abiding area's at least)

Heavyporker
24-05-04, 22:56
I agree - Anarchy Breed CANNOT make clans!

And about being locked out of the inner areas of both cities... of course!

They have no right to complain because they've got the vastness of the wastelands, not to mention the unpatrollable areas of the cities, like the Outzone...

Saito Hajime
24-05-04, 23:01
Ya know, Anarchy breed players shouldnt be able to participate in clan wars. How would there be clans within the anarchy breed. Seems to me like that much order would be counter to the idea of anarchy. So Theres your answer, dont want a bunch of factionless (assuming anarchybreed = factionless) pricks running around taking fun out of the game for those cherished new subscribers, ya make em play anarchy breed the way it should. No access to city, no access to DoY, no access to MB. FA, or TG. Fark em.

make them some new traders, give them SOME of the shit that you can get all those places they are kos, let them beg other players to go in and buy it for them.

Thats what Anarchy/factionless/greifer pigs should have to deal with.

Edit: heh i type to slow so instead of making point about AB clans, Ill say I agree :)

aelfkins
25-05-04, 04:41
DOY bots attack factionless runners. I know my factionless ppu has been killed by them.

I made my PPu factionless so I could wander the wastlands and help those teams that needed me. Now I can't do that cause KK has decreaded that all char must pvp, that there cant be thoes that have goodwill and help all. It seems that another fun to play fun to RPG character will be destroyed by KK heavy handed facist tactics.

:(

CincyFire
25-05-04, 04:50
wait... that means the guards shoot you. What I you want to change factions! The guards kill you before you get to the changer guy thingy. That way you can't change! I must say, that boils my cream.

TO MUCH COFFEE

Celt
25-05-04, 06:12
Anarchy Breed are in game on venus, there can only be 7, they have a faction counsellor(actually, he's a drunken lout ;)).
They are allied with TG and hostile to everyone else, if I remember correctly(they could be neutral with TS as well).

They cant form clans either.

yavimaya
25-05-04, 09:26
If you are factionless you will not be attacked by TG guards, or CA guards, or City Merc guards, or Elite Stormbots, or DoY Scout Units, etc. You enjoy advantages not available to other players. Is that fair?

Fuck im sick of you ignorant dickheads.
A factionless runner CANNOT kill another player without losing SL like normal, our SL determans who attacks us, and whether we are "red" or "blue/green" to all.
We cannot GR to any OPs, we cannot join clans, we cannot take OPs.

Really, FFS, if you had any brains you would realise for each "advantage" there is a disadvantage.
And yes, i have a factionless runner, he has been like that for over a year now, and NOONE is going to make me change him. If KK try, or just go ahead and do it, THEY CAN SAY GOODBYE TO THE MONEY I GIVE THEM. And im sure alot of others feel that too.

Many, many, many times its been said, and even more people agree that Factionless SHOULD be an option, mainly a newbie thing.... as new players dsont know what faction to choose... and having to get 50 symp. and 300k is extremely unviable for a newbie.

ichinin
25-05-04, 10:12
I think being forced into a faction in the beginning is wrong, factionless would be a good _start_. If you PK people or behave in a certain way (or choose it somehow), you are "booted" from Neocron City and given faction AB. Same for TG, Mercs and FA.

AB is generally not for people who fight other people. AB are loners who make up their own laws. Good or bad. True or false.

As for other factions, It would be nice if you would have to qualify (Epics?) for joining up, or some other thing like "hold OP X for Y hours". Or perhaps some kind of "what person are you/are you RPing as"? questions like in the beginning of Morrowind to get likeminded people in the same faction.