PDA

View Full Version : Brainport Idea--Neocron Time.

Mirco
24-05-04, 16:22
K, I`ve started to get a little annoyed when doing rares trade on Saturn. Its so difficult to reach a certain person. Most of the time they dont answer dms because they are not on and if you reach them by mail you still have to hope they are on when you are.

The neocron time is not helping this at all. I find it difficult to relate to and plan with. Thus it seems to me people use RL time. So in my mail I say I`ll be on at 7 o`clock pm and then you have "uhh what timezone are you in" stuff going on.

Why not slow down the Neocron time to normal. Uhum.....that would perhaps screw the day/night cycle so perhaps its better to just have a RL time clock that you can bring up and that is set to Reaktors timezone. That way I can say that I will be on and open for trade at 7 pm and everyone will have the same time and know when to reach me.

Is it just me who finds this annoying?

MkVenner
24-05-04, 16:34
yeah, like type /time to show and /time_set to set it...

Promethius
24-05-04, 16:41
For this to work, the clock for NC would need to be the same for everyone in everytime zone. I'd like to just see a standardized time for NC. So at any point in NC you need to set up a time with another runner you can just say "meet me here at 9 pm SNT (Standardized Neocron Time)" and at most people just have to calculate their time with the SNT time.

-Prom

Mirco
24-05-04, 16:57
For this to work, the clock for NC would need to be the same for everyone in everytime zone. I'd like to just see a standardized time for NC. So at any point in NC you need to set up a time with another runner you can just say "meet me here at 9 pm SNT (Standardized Neocron Time)" and at most people just have to calculate their time with the SNT time.

-Prom

Hmm maybe I didnt get my point across clearly, but that was excactly what I had in mind Prom. Tnx for putting it in a way people can understand.

Garg [RogueNET]
24-05-04, 17:40
if i dont remember wrong... im pretty sure they had this back in beta, wuld be nice to get it.

Mirco
24-05-04, 23:22
God damnit it people, doesnt anyone have a problem with this? I think its very annoying and so should you :p . But seriously this would be of great help. Pls anyone. A little support pls.