PDA

View Full Version : just passing on by...............

YoDa-UK
24-05-04, 15:18
hi people,

Was thinking about NC a bit lately and been watching the forums the last few days, thought i would post a hi to all the old people who knew me.

So whats been happening in the land or Neocron, whats new, who is still around playing, i heard rumors from friends that Pluto has almost gone now, as in no players left on it anymore, is this true? has it also happened to saturn and the other servers?

Whats the patches "if any" been like, bugs fixed? new content?

I did read the neocronicle last night and was pleased to see some nice things in there, what are these tunnels, are they meant to be from DOY to NC? and is it like a dungeon type area? did they finally put them in?

Some things i've seen never change, who is the best op team, people asking for a good setup on a certain char, seriously feel's wierd to read that stuff again after so many months away.

Anyway I'm doing good, been playing SWG and even RYL a bit lately, waiting for the damned Jedi change in SWG but cba with it atm, hell i even been playing CS again, computer has been kinda dead for me lately.

Was maybe thinking of paying a month on my account just to see what it is like ingame again, kinda miss some of it, NOT all of it :p

Incase you dont remember the forum name, my IGN was Anima on Pluto

INFERNO22
24-05-04, 15:20
Pluto Got too Hardcore for some ppl so they left , But us true runners still play pluto

YoDa-UK
24-05-04, 15:24
well as i can't atm see what the population is like there, whats it at right now, and what about peak times? last time i played it was lucky to get over 200 players on peak times, man i miss the days of 600 people on pluto :)

INFERNO22
24-05-04, 15:26
Pluto count is around 27 - 60

and the standards of PvP on saturn is awful Most of them cant PvP there way out of a paper bag thats why some of us have stayed on pluto for Hardcore pvp

[TgR]HusK
24-05-04, 15:27
So whats been happening in the land or Neocron, whats new, who is still around playing, i heard rumors from friends that Pluto has almost gone now, as in no players left on it anymore, is this true? has it also happened to saturn and the other servers?

depends on what timezone you are, pluto is the emptiest of all server yes, average of player base between 30 and 50 I think.
I still play there 100% of my neocron time though, if your into roleplay there's lots of fun to have, if your into op wars, I gues your better off on the other servers.
For me its still fun anywayz, I still meet new people even =) and lots of people are returning to neocron && pluto lately.

Whats the patches "if any" been like, bugs fixed? new content?
new content coming up, new content added with the last few patches, weapon TL lineup in the fix, chars nerfed, chars de-nerfed, bugs fixed, bugs created, the usual ;)

I did read the neocronicle last night and was pleased to see some nice things in there, what are these tunnels, are they meant to be from DOY to NC? and is it like a dungeon type area? did they finally put them in?
They go from the entrance doy sector(s) towards (near) techhaven, perhaps even futher but I wouldn't know that for sure. There a incredibly speedy way to move around the land, that is, if you live to see another day :p

Some things i've seen never change, who is the best op team, people asking for a good setup on a certain char, seriously feel's wierd to read that stuff again after so many months away.

Can't tell ya about that, just got back last week because of this same weird feeling :p neocrack brrr...

Was maybe thinking of paying a month on my account just to see what it is like ingame again, kinda miss some of it, NOT all of it :p

Its certainly worth a try, if you still know people active on pluto you probably be alright ;)

Clownst0pper
24-05-04, 15:30
Saturn its where its at.

Oh and we got a huge ass patch comming anyyyyyy time soon.........

1year later.

2years later.

Its comming, honest :p

ezza
24-05-04, 15:33
Pluto count is around 27 - 60

and the standards of PvP on saturn is awful Most of them cant PvP there way out of a paper bag thats why some of us have stayed on pluto for Hardcore pvp
rofl thats funny concidering a lot of pluto leet pvpers inhabit there, and funny cos i aint seen much of great pluto pvp, you can use what ever excuse you like for bugger all players on your server, but having the best pvpers aint it :lol:

YoDa-UK
24-05-04, 15:37
lol patch coming, man i know that feeling all to well, i did patch my NC last week as it happens, i think though there was only a few added, i do like what i see on TS though, its like i go away when a lot of stuff is going on, people moaning about something, and by the time i come back i see somethings are being done about it, example, turret drops and stealthing PE's, notice both those on there on the list to change.

I must say one of the things that made me leave NC before was of course the lack or people playing and also how it seemed heavily unbalanced in terms of big clans owning a map.

I used to be a part of a big clan myself and i know that feeling on the winning side, but i also tried out the losing side and its no fun with the GR rules, so whats the situation like on Pluto and Saturn, i'm not bothered about the other servers tbh, no offense to those who play on them, im sure they are pretty places to visit ;)

hinch
24-05-04, 15:40
anima dude :) nc sucks still :( nothings changed ill wait till doy give that a try for a month and if it still sucks then anyone wanna buy an account ? :)

YoDa-UK
24-05-04, 15:46
lo Hinch, its been a while, you playing that RYL with some others atm? i play it a little bit but i got that damn router problem where i dont see people move, so i cant pvp lol

This is the whole thing that pulls me towards NC, is the pvp, you would not believe what other games try and call PvP, for all its faults and the people who can ruin NC, the pvp system is still the best and its why im here again poking about to see whats up.

I think if i came back i would make a monk in Crahn and RP it, or maybe go solo in CM, a gun for hire type of thing, doubt i would wanna be TG again or even City tbh, been there done that kinda thing.

Whats Saturn like atm, still Cartel owning all ops? has templars taking over, did TG finally sort the mess out it was in with ASEN there?

hinch
24-05-04, 15:50
i deleted my tank and made a kami apu :) on pluto

but no im not playing ryl i moved house and am currently stuck on a 14.4 modem :)

no way i was downloading a 1.5gb game on that !!
personally im currently playing swg and love it if i need to pvp i load up cs and jump on my old clans private server for some good old fastioned usp action

ezza
24-05-04, 15:59
Whats Saturn like atm, still Cartel owning all ops? has templars taking over, did TG finally sort the mess out it was in with ASEN there?
cartel are gone, they are now shadow corps minus a number of players.

asen are gone, TG seems better now, temps are buggers all

ops are owned by BD in the NE
CM in the NW
FA int he SW
TG or CA in the SE thats prety much the standard map layout i find

olavski
24-05-04, 16:03
ops are owned by BD in the NE
CM in the NW
FA int he SW
TG or CA in the SE thats prety much the standard map layout i find

True, but there's been a lot of different faction activity lately on the worldmap, good to see :)

MkVenner
24-05-04, 16:03
yeah, crahn and Tsunami pop up every now and then....and DRE had one yesterday..i SWEAR

deac
24-05-04, 16:08
hello :)

ezza
24-05-04, 16:12
yeah, crahn and Tsunami pop up every now and then....and DRE had one yesterday..i SWEAR
yah im crahn myself, however often we dont hold the ops for long, and i know one crahn clan went and ninja'd the mercs ops so we had ops in the NW for awhile :lol:

though i prefere slaughtering the mercs on there doorstep, right littlemercies :D

YoDa-UK
24-05-04, 16:26
lo deac, you still with FF, are they still about?

Nice to hear that saturn is more mixed now on the world map, thats always a good thing, makes it much more fun to know there are several enemy out there instead of one giant clan/faction owning it all.

I'm gonna see what i can see with my account i think, i fancie making a new char and see where i go from there, maybe a pure APU for op fights or maybe PE for just mess about stuff, or maybe both :D

Carinth
24-05-04, 19:28
Hiya : )

Sometime around March, not long after the BDOY preorders started, KK announced that BDOY would be released in September. For many that was the final straw and the already low server populations took another hit. Some gave up on NC entirely, others decided there was no reason to stick with Neocron until BDOY comes out.

For those remaining, Saturn seems to be the Refugee Server. Players from Uranus and Pluto have been moving over pretty steadily. The environment isn't very friendly at all, due to the mixing of communities. For the most part though, it's the attitude people take when moving. That Saturn isn't their home server, so they just go there to pk. But despite that Saturn does have a decent server count, so it's your best chance at having fun in what's left of Neocron.

A minority of us though are too lazy, don't like pvp, have other silly reasons, for not moving. I'm still on Pluto, though I don't login much.

Shadow Dancer
24-05-04, 19:52
Hey what's up anima? Chillin?

You playin any other mmo's atm?

Nothing much has changed, except some population drop on pluto. A couple of cool patches on TS.

Possessed
24-05-04, 20:28
You playin any other mmo's atm?

Read the damn post for the answer to that... simple enough.

erm... NC is dead now.

Shadow Dancer
24-05-04, 20:40
Read the damn post for the answer to that... simple enough.

No need for that childish attitude Kyle, I missed it. Simple mistake. :rolleyes:

deac
24-05-04, 20:55
lo deac, you still with FF, are they still about?

in some way.. a few of us moved to saturn and the other servers... but like other clans we lost a lot of members and we have massive amounts of inactives...

Just starting to get back in the op fight scene... but most of our chars are still around 80-95ish main stat.

Once in a while we go back to pluto to hack dark ops, but lately we havent been arsed with it.

Got a maxed out pe/ppu/tank on sat now :) (more or less)

Ascension
24-05-04, 21:54
Hey Anima.. i dont know how things are on NC currently some RL friends keep me updated kinda..

im in the same boat as hinch here.. ill check out DoY if it aint nothin spectacular im out.. not logged in for over a month.. and i cant say ive missed it..

been playing 'Lineage 2' yeah.. *hides*

Also with ma GCSE's underway i cant wait till June 23rd when i do my last exam..

anyways dude nice to see ya still about

-Ascention

YoDa-UK
24-05-04, 21:58
hi guys

@SD, yeah been playing all sorts, mainly SWG, which has held me for some months now, more than the first time i tried it last year, but its still boring and im a pvper at heart, which doesn't say much for swg lol, im waiting on the jedi revamp and being able to get a jedi without grinding 32 profs :( should be a few months, RYL "risk your life" was an option untill i found out its bugged as hell "worse than NC" so thats unplayable for me.

NC still have the best combat system ive ever seen in a MMO, no questions about that, ive tried DoaC, Everquest, SWG, planetside, RYL, and NC still pulls me back when i hunger for killing people. I guess its the system that does it too, having to use real skills to kill someone instead of letting a computer do it for you.

In about 1 hour im about to re open 2 accounts i have, one is of course my Anima account, and also the Sex toy account, but i think ill hit saturn tbh, more people means more fun, more chance to group up to hunt with people and most of all more chance of action if and when i want/need it :)

My wife is gonna play too again, she still has her chars on saturn, i gotta start from the ground up, which will be fun and easy enough as i know this game inside out.

I'm going Crahn on Saturn, ive always wanted a Crahn monk to RP with, somehow seems right to play that part being a monk.

t0tt3
26-05-04, 01:54
Get flashbacks on FF:s Ventrillo

*Hey Fuck head welcome to the dark side*

ROFL what more can I say :D
Welcome most of us just laying dead and waiting for doy more or less :rolleyes:

Candaman
26-05-04, 02:27
Nice to hear that saturn is more mixed now on the world map, thats always a good thing, makes it much more fun to know there are several enemy out there instead of one giant clan/faction owning it all.

lmao says the person who joined ff going against all his "so called values" and took over the whole map is there a end to your hypocrisy

deac
26-05-04, 13:40
lmao says the person who joined ff going against all his "so called values" and took over the whole map is there a end to your hypocrisy

roar your just soo bitter these day cannings...

Candaman
26-05-04, 14:11
yeah i guess having server's go from 250 peak to 50 peak kinda pisses me off

CR@SH
26-05-04, 14:17
uhh i reactivated the other day stayed on for 5 minutes logged back off and uninstalled the game. Nothing has change in more than a months time, guess i'll do as hinch said and try again when DOY comes.

hinch
26-05-04, 14:22
so many people are doing exactly the same crash

server pops should jump up nicely just with old people returning to check out doy. whether they hold or not is a different story DoY really is make or break for KK and the game if it doesnt go as planned then thats it theyre shafted

n3m
26-05-04, 14:27
CM in the NW

TG in the morning, CM the rest of the day :lol:

ezza
26-05-04, 14:29
rofl ya i notice that, makes me laugh, cos although i hate CM, i watched them slaughter the TG force at the op later in the day, seems TG only capable of ninja hacking ops.

how the mighty have fallen

MkVenner
26-05-04, 14:30
too true too true

djskum
26-05-04, 14:43
rofl ya i notice that, makes me laugh, cos although i hate CM, i watched them slaughter the TG force at the op later in the day, seems TG only capable of ninja hacking ops.

LOL, hating someone in a game just makes me laugh!

Oh and TG are just shite now...

DjSKum

deac
26-05-04, 14:48
yeah i guess having server's go from 250 peak to 50 peak kinda pisses me off

yah and that has nothing to do with the game, its just one clans fault!

oh and btw ya gotta agree that the tg on saturn are kinda weak...only been there for a few weeks and every time we take and op from em they try and deffend but never attack back... then ninja later on...

but they are kinda big or?

ezza
26-05-04, 14:53
they just living on past glory, the current TG aint the great TG saturn once had in ND era, or before that when they had cool clans like Blood Brothers

solling
26-05-04, 15:36
Well about the game, i belive it will be as big as retail or even bigger when bdoy comes (hopes for better advertising)
BUT i also hope SOO much that KK wont drop the ball on this one

they kinda screwed up the first launch lets just hope they learned from that mistake and will make Bdoy what we all dreamed NC would be