PDA

View Full Version : IDEA: Solution to Balence SL for high Rank Players

Bl@zed
24-05-04, 07:11
**what kind of post apocaliptic world limits who you can kill**

Basically works like this:

1.) after a runner reaches **/40, it's fair game, if you are a runner about **/40, you can kill ANYONE above **/40 and not lose soulight, if u lose a fight, u drop anything from your belt (old school pvp system, safe slot removed after /40)

2.) If on the other hand, a high rank runner attacks and kills anyone under **/40 automatically goes to red sl (and ALWAYS drops a rare)

3.) Now for the noobs that are under rank **/40, anyone you kill within that rank barrier, you won;t lose SL for. (but they won't drop rares of course)

Hopefully this will both encourage pvp on both ends of the game, for high end and low end players of neocron, and this will also make PVP WORTH SOMETHING for high lvl players in this game.

and i know you can honestly say that compared to UO, or any other hardcore pvp game, this SL system is way carebear for the pvp standard KK try to set for the game.

***Vote, Comment, and RATE***
***only way this will be taken into serious consideration by KK staff***

--Blazed :angel:

Garg [RogueNET]
24-05-04, 08:06
if a newbie attacks a high lvled char he cant defend himself cause he will drop a rare if he kill the nib?

yavimaya
24-05-04, 10:38
Did anyone play Ultima Online?

I think neocron needs to not punish players SL quite as much as now, keep the current system, lower the SL hit.... get rid of belt hacking! kind of makes PVP pointless for a hell of alot of people. Hacking should get you "bonuses" throughout the game, or allow access to special areas, not be esential to "claim" your prize after a kill.

And add UO's "criminal" system, where if you attack a "good" player you are criminal for a few minutes, and you are fair game, just like reds are now.

Add an "I like Yav's idea" option to that poll :P

bi0
24-05-04, 12:10
good point garg.
i played UO and frickin loved it
i agree with the descrease of how much soulight you drop when you pk, NOT 40+ dropping rare, i like many other people dont have 5CSs, though i know a hell of a lot of you do.
keep safe slot, loose 1 soullight if you pk somone or something, not 3 kills and your red.. or why not UOs grey system as yavi said, that was a good way of doing it.

Kain
24-05-04, 12:23
umm,

Voted No

Mainly cos not everyone is totally pvp orientated.

Your suggestion will will cause some people to stop leveling their character at lvl 39 :P

kain

n3m
24-05-04, 12:24
Yes, something really HAS TO BE DONE to the soullight system

It's a pain in the ass getting your sl back up from -34 thats more than 34 cyclops mission. not to mention everyone sees a red dude running around, so they wanna kill you (they don't seriously think I'm that stupid to keep my cs or rav in belt do they?), resulting in even lower sl because you're just defending yourself.

bi0
24-05-04, 12:29
i just realised what the answer is...
EVERYONE who wants to pk have your own personal ppu (with a spare ppu and a couple apus, ya know, just in case you need backup)
and everyone who is red, kill EVERYONE else(dont trust that // spy, he looks dodgy)
this would mean yo can jump those levellers with your hl and ALWAYs get away with it!!! sounds good ye?

Rith
24-05-04, 12:35
nah

Just enable Anarchy Breed as a viable faction - Red to everyone.

Then PK'ers have a home to go to.

SL Problem solved.

Slot 1 is carebearish, but was done deliberately after so many people left the game due to grief players... given the current populations I doubt KK will be removing it.

bi0
24-05-04, 12:38
i dont think slot 1 is carebearish
what is carebearish is having to sit in plaza trading parts, or hunting mobs. i play the game for pvp not pvm or trading, if lost my pain or cs all the time id quit because i think getting new weps is tedious

n3m
24-05-04, 12:45
actually isn't AB allied or at least neutral to TG crahn and fa?

Bl@zed
24-05-04, 16:57
nah

Just enable Anarchy Breed as a viable faction - Red to everyone.

Then PK'ers have a home to go to.

SL Problem solved.

Slot 1 is carebearish, but was done deliberately after so many people left the game due to grief players... given the current populations I doubt KK will be removing it.

or KK could do that, and yeah i agree a safeslot is carebear-ish.
pvp is worth NOTHING when you kill someone, cause when you kill someone its like a 1 - 50 chance you get something usefull, every other time it's armor or a shitty booster :rolleyes:

ezza
24-05-04, 17:02
**what kind of post apocaliptic world limits who you can kill**

Basically works like this:

1.) after a runner reaches **/40, it's fair game, if you are a runner about **/40, you can kill ANYONE above **/40 and not lose soulight, if u lose a fight, u drop anything from your belt (old school pvp system, safe slot removed after /40)

2.) If on the other hand, a high rank runner attacks and kills anyone under **/40 automatically goes to red sl (and ALWAYS drops a rare)

3.) Now for the noobs that are under rank **/40, anyone you kill within that rank barrier, you won;t lose SL for. (but they won't drop rares of course)

Hopefully this will both encourage pvp on both ends of the game, for high end and low end players of neocron, and this will also make PVP WORTH SOMETHING for high lvl players in this game.

and i know you can honestly say that compared to UO, or any other hardcore pvp game, this SL system is way carebear for the pvp standard KK try to set for the game.

***Vote, Comment, and RATE***
***only way this will be taken into serious consideration by KK staff***

--Blazed :angel: on my sniper spy often i dont see the rank just the name and faction, i see enemy i shoot, am i expected to run up to the enemy to look at his faction then run back.

come on Gh0st your nib chars been killed or something? :D

Marx
24-05-04, 17:06
No, death should make sense. A person should have a reason to kill another person, senseless slaughter should be looked down upon. If you want to have fun killing people - kill faction enemies, Kill grey people, kill green people until you're red.

Bl@zed
24-05-04, 17:10
on my sniper spy often i dont see the rank just the name and faction, i see enemy i shoot, am i expected to run up to the enemy to look at his faction then run back.

come on Gh0st your nib chars been killed or something? :D

nah all my chars are capped or near cap :p
i just want to have fun killing EVERYONE thats high lvl, reguardless of faction, and i want safeslot removed ffs, so this game is fun..

Clyde
24-05-04, 19:23
(dont trust that // spy, he looks dodgy)

rofl thats some funny shit. I vote no, but i half agree with it. If anything, you should only loose the same ammount as the victim has, so if he has 10 and you have 50, it should only take you down to 40, THEN make it to where it takes alot of missions to get your SL back up, this way you have to really earn your SL, now if the dude has 100 sl, then your basically fucked. Also make the SL cap 100 for under rank 35 and 50 for over rank 35. problem solved