PDA

View Full Version : List some nice noob leveling spots.

Shujin
24-05-04, 02:07
For SupaNoobs: level 1-25:
City Sewers.
Cellars w/ beserk beggars.
Agg cellar leaching.
Tech Haven sewer things.
MB Sewer Things.
Inner TG caves. (My fav, some reason I level about 10x faster here than anywhere else.)

For Noobs: level 26-45:
Agg Cellar until around 35.
MB Bunker.
OZ Storages.
The small area next to Jeriko.

==----===
there was one place i LOVED leveling my drone i cant remember where it was though, anyone know where im talkin about -> its in a gr-less zone with a gogu there, i think it was somewhere under the gravis zone. had alot of aggs, agg capts, hurlers, butchee's and had a nice tower u can shoot down on them from.

SorkZmok
24-05-04, 02:22
Think that tower you mean is in J 07, between Northstar and Emmerson. Really high tower to climb up, lotsa mobs right around.

Also a very nice place is that small building one zone east from the MB in the NW part of the zone. Mutants, aggies, Hurlers, Launcher, a gogu and a nice huose for shelter.

Shujin
24-05-04, 02:28
Think that tower you mean is in J 07, between Northstar and Emmerson. Really high tower to climb up, lotsa mobs right around.

Also a very nice place is that small building one zone east from the MB in the NW part of the zone. Mutants, aggies, Hurlers, Launcher, a gogu and a nice huose for shelter.
Thats a different one, good place too though.

The one im talkin about is where i said O_o somewhere around gravis.

Judge
24-05-04, 02:29
I might start a TG character sometime... as it would seem that they have some pretty good spots for leveling as a noob.

Though I'd have to level up a char that I've never tried before.... Maybe pure APU, or maybe Pistol Spy. Yes... Pistol spy sounds good to me. Now wheres that skillmanager. *wander off*

Dribble Joy
24-05-04, 02:31
MB sec 2. The storage areas are tough, you can easily run into a sentinel, which are deadly to a fresh n00b.
Sec 2 has loads of lvl1 sewer mobs in it, though one or two large mechturtles, a real pain at lvl10.

Marx
24-05-04, 03:32
All of the Outzone and Industrial Sectors.

Garg [RogueNET]
24-05-04, 03:41
my 1/6 and my friends 1/5 went to OZ for lvling... that was fun as hell but hard.. we had to skirmish mutants for meat :lol:

a hurler came and we ran like crazy... that is a must for ANYONE starting a new char

Q`alooaith
24-05-04, 03:46
']my 1/6 and my friends 1/5 went to OZ for lvling... that was fun as hell but hard.. we had to skirmish mutants for meat :lol:

a hurler came and we ran like crazy... that is a must for ANYONE starting a new char

I'd not suggest outzone area's to solo people..

But a team of newbie's can easly deal with anything there..

oh MC5 newbie, it might not seam great but try it, you might like it..

solling
24-05-04, 04:37
H12 a lil known about zone full of fire mobs
best spawn since gaya mine a i think
and best of all there is a lil tower u can go into and be safe while u drone/aoe/snipe etc

Gotterdammerung
24-05-04, 04:48
Leave your LE in and as soon as you can hike it to gravis. The meadow area just north from the genrep & the area around the swamp caves is always loaded with mages, marsh hippos and the usual assorted. You'll do very well there (especially if you use any kind of dist wep).

I know a few more but I do gotta keep some secrets.

Q`alooaith
24-05-04, 05:21
I know a few more but I do gotta keep some secrets.

I'd like to point out that while leaving your LE in does stop people from killing you, it also stop's any high level PPU or PE from healing you..

I would recomend getting a team no matter what you do as a newbe...

Now for power leveling, I'd suggest just finding a freindly PPU with anti poison santum and go to the swamp caves, then later graves..

Celt
24-05-04, 05:33
Thats a different one, good place too though.

The one im talkin about is where i said O_o somewhere around gravis.A place that sounds similar to that is 1zone north west of regant fortress, has a very high tower, surrounded by hurlers, aggy captains etc, I used to drive up there and drone ;)

Shujin
24-05-04, 05:43
A place that sounds similar to that is 1zone north west of regant fortress, has a very high tower, surrounded by hurlers, aggy captains etc, I used to drive up there and drone ;)
actually i think it maybe because i remember finding it on my way to regents but got sidetracked by it and stayed there and completely forgot about regents until now @_o

Shujin
24-05-04, 07:03
nice lil spot i just found in b 06.
huge ass cliff u can shoot down on aggs, corpals, gunmen, hurlers and butchee's from.

and gogu not to far away incase u need to go get ammo.

http://www.neotarin.com/shot0062.JPG
http://www.neotarin.com/shot0063.JPG

Bl@zed
24-05-04, 07:21
Aggies till rank 15 (fuck sewers)
storage in indust A at r15, with a ppu till r30 or so
catlock/crp/gravis caves till cap (spec all points into poison/hp till cap)
:D

Shujin
24-05-04, 07:25
Aggies till rank 15 (fuck sewers)
storage in indust A at r15, with a ppu till r30 or so
catlock/crp/gravis caves till cap (spec all points into poison/hp till cap)
:D
ok i mean leveling w/o bein ******** ie: putting all points into 1 contype while leveling then lom( which is why they've nerf'd loms as much as they have because people abuse them like this )

and i hate usin ppu's.

Shujin
24-05-04, 08:07
w00ts i found the place i was talkin about
theres 2 butchee's 3 hurlers, alot of aggs and capts
http://www.neotarin.com/shot0065.JPG

enigma_b17
24-05-04, 08:31
if you go one sector west of Chester uplink theres a small area where Launcher Cyclops's Spawn like mad, about 12 of them in a little group, with a few other mobs thrown in, aggies, mutant gunmen and sometimes the occasional warbot. But once u kill them it only takes them like 5-10 seconds to respawn so its nonstop continuous lvling

Cruzbroker
24-05-04, 13:45
The Pit. Also known as The Obelisk.
One zone east from Chester Lab.

Me and buddies used to level there when we were nibs.. *Memories*.. GINGER PKing.. :p
Wonder why no one lvls there anymore, it's simply the best.. Warbots behind..
Oh yes.. the locked grs..

Jaffo
24-05-04, 13:55
theres a nice little lvling spot one zone east of chester lab.

always full of launchers and other mutant gun men type people

also teh odd wb makes an apperance there so be carefull if u cant solo them yet

Cruzbroker
24-05-04, 13:58
DO people really read other posts?
CHESTER LAB is mentioned 3 times already. enigma meant lab, but said uplink. I wanted to point out the nickname The Pit and Obelisk..
GRAHHR.. Reead...

Original monk
24-05-04, 14:02
Oh yes.. the locked grs..

neocron is poisoning itself cause of the stupid genreprules ... no-one can go nowhere ... except factionhoppers ffcourse ... there the ones getting rewarded, while ya would expect the opposite ...

not like closed genreps have that much use for OP's ... they better get decent OP defenses instead of dissapearing turrets ... like gates and build in turrets/ sam's (gliders)

90% of my planned huntingtrips get fucked cause of being unable to genrep ... fuck those few neutral genreps :/ and youre about 2 years to late with a genrep near to mc5, CRP, Graves ... and the crashgenrep aka blablablavillage is close to tescom and the graves but hell to go from when ya wonna go CRP or MC5 :/

ingame the onlything i hear is: i hate those genreprules, i hate genreps i hate closed genreps (so all of em) ... but here on the forums everyone seem to like those stupid rules ...

ffcourse .. walkin 8 zone's or driving 8 zones is a nice timesink ... so kk wouldnt mind ...

but walking 8 zones everytime you die yust because those clans can have a "safe" OP ... the ones in clans are represented here on the forums ... but all the solo players who hate genreps and for who clansdisputes and OPwars have no meaning are getting fucked over really hard yeah ... or do you think everyone in neocron is in a clan ??

bah ...

for level 27 to 45 : Outzone area 4 / storage 8 (where the hurler is standing on top)

or when ya have a noobiefirebarrel or aoedrone or sumthing: try the mutantchurch for fun :)

cosey over there

SypH
24-05-04, 14:03
The launcher pit (i_06) near Chester is the mutz nutz for anyone leveling using any type of AoE attacks. pretty excellent for everyone really, but once I got my first AoE drone I went straight there and leveled like crazy.

There's a nice spawn of mutants, aggies and butchees at the Regents Fortress GR that always good for easy newbie XP

Judge
24-05-04, 14:57
Well, at least with Recycle you can keep yourself going on ammo for an infinite amount of time, so no truding back to the city all the time.

Shujin
24-05-04, 15:10
[edit]

sorry misread it

SorkZmok
24-05-04, 15:30
for level 27 to 45 : Outzone area 4 / storage 8 (where the hurler is standing on top)That damn hurler cost me so many lifes...

Like you exit the storage, get a long synch and when you are outside, the last thing you hear is that mean sound of the hurler punching you, then you drop dead. :(

hinch
24-05-04, 15:36
chaos caves from 0/2 till cap with +ppu or grim chasers/percecutors and doomies from 0/2 till cap with + ppu

Judge
24-05-04, 15:59
That must be so much fun hinch.

I can hardly wait to try it out.

hinch
24-05-04, 16:00
boring as hell but you can cap almost any char's main stat in 2 days if you have the cash for the equipment needed

Judge
24-05-04, 16:03
I think that that sort of power gaming is one of the reasons why people get bored of the game so damn fast. Atm I have at least 5 or 6 characters on the go... its just fun to occasionally pop onto my hybrid and get another level, or onto my rifle PE and snipe out the occasional launcher.

Which is probably why I'm here after almost two years..... slightly sad I suppose.

hinch
24-05-04, 16:06
wouldnt really call it powergaming as thats more often akin to capping over night (fenix and cannings both did this on jupi)

more of just speeding up the fucking boring ness

MkVenner
24-05-04, 16:07
nah its not sad, well if it is im sad too, i got a shit load of guys on the go at once...i get bored...every now and then i go straight on one guy....like my MC PE io played him straight for 3 days and his almost capped....but now im bored with him lol and im making either a rifle spy, droner or pistol pe

and i rarely have a ppu with me...i hate having to rely on some one else...that slows it down a bit

Judge
24-05-04, 16:58
I suppose that if you have everything laid out (weapons, armour etc) including rares and have a PPU then you could cap very very quickly.

VetteroX
24-05-04, 17:12
Make sure to remove your LE, and go to well known leveling areas. This will make you like a flock of sheep for the wolf... I mean team leveling will level you faster, and taking out the LE frees the brain slot for something more useful. So, be sure to take the LE out and go to well known spots to level.

s0apy
24-05-04, 17:23
Make sure to remove your LE, and go to well known leveling areas. This will make you like a flock of sheep for the wolf... I mean team leveling will level you faster, and taking out the LE frees the brain slot for something more useful. So, be sure to take the LE out and go to well known spots to level.

hehe - a very good point, startlingly well made. to translate though - "never, ever, remove your LE until you are at or near your cap".

i'll back up the jeriko thing. it's a nice place to get started and, with current GR rules, it's not too hard to get to even if your faction isn't quite right. for those few that don't know, there's a very reliable cyclops spawn there.

they spawn one at a time on one of 4 places. you kill the 'clops, loot it, and within a few seconds it will respawn again. all the spawn points are fairly close to each other, so there's a minimum of running around.

boring after a while, but good steady XP.

Tesee
24-05-04, 17:26
TG City is a good spot to lvl CST...

greendonkeyuk
24-05-04, 18:03
@ judge

same here m8, i have 2 accounts for when i can be bothered to go and level and grind some more out. tbh its getting boring as hell now, ive got a tank to within 1 con level of a cap, a spy at dex 99 and int 97, a capped pe and a ppu with int 90. i got a 2nd account so i could try something different. i got an apu there with psi 90 and a cster whos about rank 40ish i forget his exact stats. the other 2 char slots are taken up by my bros tank and my friends rifle pe. when i do log on now all i ever do is play with my pe, levelling at high end is so dull. its fun as a noob as you level quite fast and its exciting getting to use a new gun and new armour and stuff like that. my spy can now use his disruptor pretty well and my other chars are all ok so im wondering what is there left to do.

n3m
24-05-04, 18:06
near the regants GR is a mutant camp, very nice.
leveled my first 2 chars there

Heavyporker
24-05-04, 18:19
any class with a str cap higher than 20 MUST get a combat chainbike and go wail on swamp creatures and mutants.

Trust me.. uber STR/CON leveling and your INT and DEX goes up faster than you can complain for the first 40-50 levels.

Judge
24-05-04, 19:39
I find Noob and high level leveling the most fun.... its mid leveling that really fucks me over. Its just the grey area... no good mobs, relatively shit loot and no PvP ability (still).

As soon as you are able to hunt tech part dropping mobs the game gets alot more fun, as there is something that you can actually work towards, rather than "Oh great, another advanced bone enforcement. Woohoo".

Original monk
24-05-04, 19:51

common newbie's listen to the advice of uncle vet, he plays this game for a loong time now and knows what is good for youre characters physical and psychological wellbeing :)

now go level :)

Heavyporker
24-05-04, 22:14
Whatever you do, newcomers, do not led any credence to whatever VetteroX or Original Monk says.

Until you're about /30, keep your LE in. You will level perfectly well with the added bonus of not dropping a belt or getting ganked by the likes of rPKers, of which the aforementioned two is part of.

VetteroX
24-05-04, 22:23
How selfish... I just want to give out some free con points and you are trying rob people of that oppertunity by telling them to keep thier LE in? tsk tsk.

Heavyporker
24-05-04, 22:29
Im trying to keep players in neocron, not have you repeatedly kill them in an attempt to replace some sort of lack in your social life.

Saito Hajime
24-05-04, 22:36
I'm one of the few players on Pluto that has only one account that I pay for and thus only one Character. I am opposed to any kind of "set up" for alternates to lvl faster or get items faster. In eq, it was called twinking. I suppose thats because its gay.

Even on saturn where I have a moderately high lvl character under a different name, I wont use him at all to aid the other, the other gets none of his loot, the other gets none of his money. Call it a different kind of "hardcore" where all your characters earn everythign as opposed to riding the shirtails of your first.

All servers should be one character, if you want more than one character and are dumb enough to pay Reakktor for two accounts in this game sure... whatever, if not just run on more than one server like me.

ichinin
24-05-04, 22:38
The char i got now started ressing/constructing drones till i reached enough DEX with IMPS for a TL 38 sniperrifle.. took that to warbotland and started to get rares on day 2.

Just remember to keep the distance. Even if u get a PPU with you, you should bring medkits and Staminaboosters with you, being hit by a warbot is not healthy..

numb
24-05-04, 22:42
TH CORE 3, I dunno why no-one has mentioned it, but if you can get there it is a great place to level in once you get past aggressors. I always use it. Especially good if you can hack into the end room - the heavy bots even drop vhc 10s which can be really useful for someone who has just started.