PDA

View Full Version : An interesting post.

Moscow
24-05-04, 01:40
Saw this on another message board, thought it was relevant to a lot of people here. I'll post it with no further comment....

MMORPG's do have a naturally limited lifespan: the length varies from player to player. There's bound to come a time, sooner or later, when you've done everything in the game that you're interested in doing, and there's no point playing any more.

Some people stay beyond that, because they've made friends in the game and they just hang around chatting; some are happy to reprocess their character and start over from scratch; some get their kicks from being Ub3r-l33t and killing everyone who's weaker than they are (there's a never-ending supply of people who're weaker than you are, if you get to be that good).

But the best thing to do right now, is take a week's break, and see if you miss it. If not .. time to move on, I think.

Peace.

-Moscow

Dribble Joy
24-05-04, 01:49
The response from makers of MMORPGs is that new stuff is brought in on a regular basis, and a storyline, which hopefully the players can affect, is told.

I stay wiht NC, for ther PvP, my char that I have created and grown fond of, trying to become a top class PvPer (and failing miserably), seeing new stuff, engaging with the storyline, making a name for myself (and failing miserably) and contributing to a game that I feel should continue.

I want to see DoY and what it brings, I want to see Tokyo II, red terra and Iratta III.

Shadow Dancer
24-05-04, 02:16
The only reason I stopped playing is population.

Dribble Joy
24-05-04, 02:29
It's a pitty about pluto.
I don't know why people suddenly left.

Ugh, maybe I'm too patient for my own good.

The lack of CM's (though currently picking up), is depressing.

Here's to DoY....

j0rz
24-05-04, 02:29
i play 2 pk

Dribble Joy
24-05-04, 02:33
But why?
Not a flame, a serious question.
What does pking gain you?

Radamez
24-05-04, 02:38
But why?
Not a flame, a serious question.
What does pking gain you?

RESPECT!

uh.. no, that's not it.. :wtf:

j0rz
24-05-04, 02:46
ur not telling me u lvl ur chars up and get the best weapons u can for killing mobs r u u get em to kill people least i do

Dribble Joy
24-05-04, 02:54
That's.. not quite what I meant.

I kill people too, but do in an RP sense (or at least try to, and not just red = dead), why do you pk, do you participate in politics? Do you assist mods/GMs/devs/FCs?

j0rz
24-05-04, 03:46
i pk coz im a asshole nuff said u dont gota be red for me to kill ya

do ya divide :D

Morganth
24-05-04, 03:49
i pk coz im a asshole nuff said u dont gota be red for me to kill ya

do ya divide :D

Lets just say if anyone is at MB and they see a PE with PA 4 on it could be one of two people. If its weilding a rifle its Mrs Dru, and if its weilding a BoH, it meh. :D

EDIT: Nah, the asshole is whoever Para's you

VetteroX
24-05-04, 04:14
Its not the content, its the population.... I never got bored of pking and pvp, I left because there was nobody to kill... I recently came back to play a little because I was told theres less BD and more hostile to BD, so there were people to pk. I had a great time while I find people to kill, but often i cant... If saturn had 600 people, I really woundnt need to content... I just want DoY as a way to bring me new victoms.

j0rz
24-05-04, 04:16
lol thats so true hehe uber mb raiders hehe gota love the rog and sexy pa4 people cant see u because ur dark hehe

Morganth
24-05-04, 04:18
lol thats so true hehe uber mb raiders hehe gota love the rog and sexy pa4 people cant see u because ur dark hehe

Shame that now if you kill one CA nib, the whole bloody clan camps the GR and waits for you. And if you run to J_02, Tsunami are always there, and being a Crahnite, its generally not healthy.

Long Live PvP!

Vid Gamer
24-05-04, 04:19
It's both content and population.

I play on Pluto. I don't want to move and start over. Although having 50 people play throughout the day is discouraging and boring.

Lack on content is also what's driving this game to the grave. It's unacceptable that we have no new content in the game for months and months. Hell, we don't even get regularly updated patches. Usually a few super patches every month or two that usually does more harm than good.

BDoY coming in September to me is the final nail in the coffin. You have SO many good MMO's coming out this Fall or close in Q1 2005 like MxO, WoW, MEO, etc. I just don't think Neocron can really compete anymore.

j0rz
24-05-04, 04:22
Shame that now if you kill one CA nib, the whole bloody clan camps the GR and waits for you. And if you run to J_02, Tsunami are always there, and being a Crahnite, its generally not healthy.

Long Live PvP!

ive not had to many problems only time i seem to die is when theres a ppu there other wise i kill one n stealth off if i need to heal then go back n kill another if im not dm boosted or paraed i dont seem to die hehe

mb raids are wot made the game for me really i love em :) havnt done one in awhile migh have to take her out for spin lol

Celt
24-05-04, 05:12
Saw this on another message board, thought it was relevant to a lot of people here. I'll post it with no further comment....

Peace.

-MoscowHow about you tell us who you really are?

It's obvious you have been around a lot longer then a week.

Marx
24-05-04, 05:14
I'll see your
MMORPG's do have a naturally limited lifespan: the length varies from player to player. There's bound to come a time, sooner or later, when you've done everything in the game that you're interested in doing, and there's no point playing any more.

Some people stay beyond that, because they've made friends in the game and they just hang around chatting; some are happy to reprocess their character and start over from scratch; some get their kicks from being Ub3r-l33t and killing everyone who's weaker than they are (there's a never-ending supply of people who're weaker than you are, if you get to be that good).

But the best thing to do right now, is take a week's break, and see if you miss it. If not .. time to move on, I think.
... and raise you

although the instruction manual has more than 20 pages dedicated to the story of "Neocron," all you really need to know is this: It's the future. Lots of bad things have happened. People really like to wear shiny leather. This is a simplification, of course, but after you've spent some time with "Neocron" you'll realize that no one else in the game cares about the story, either. They just want to run around and kill things. Is this the state of modern role-playing?

"Neocron" offers four character classes, each associated with several specific job types. Players must also join a faction. Despite the game's best intentions, though, nobody seems to want to play in character.

VetteroX
24-05-04, 07:36
How about you tell us who you really are?

It's obvious you have been around a lot longer then a week.

I second that... I was gonna say this.. though probably not as politely and guessed a certain mod would just edit it... (hint, not Nid) so I didnt. Who are you?

Moscow
24-05-04, 14:07
I second that... I was gonna say this.. though probably not as politely and guessed a certain mod would just edit it... (hint, not Nid) so I didnt. Who are you?

Just someone who has spent more time as a game warrior, rather than a forum warrior.

[Shrug]

The forums aren't compulsory, after all.

Peace.

-Moscow

Celt
24-05-04, 23:18
Just someone who has spent more time as a game warrior, rather than a forum warrior.

[Shrug]

The forums aren't compulsory, after all.

Peace.

-MoscowThe truth shall set you free.

Oath
24-05-04, 23:23
The truth shall set you free.

I wanna know too.

COLD
24-05-04, 23:29
I want to see DoY and what it brings, I want to see Tokyo II, red terra and Iratta III.

Thats what I want to see, provided KK doesn't fold before then.... :)

Darken
24-05-04, 23:53
The Friends i made keep me here =(

Scarus
25-05-04, 00:35
Content and... not so much population, more the people who make up that population, I've played quite alot of MMORPG's and I have to say the content for Neocron sucks, it's a great MMORPG dont get me wrong, and I did play for a very long time, but I have to say that I've started playing SWG (...im so sorry) and I think they've updated the game about 16 times in a few weeks, we've had one major update which has added loads of new stuff, and many little updates to fix some stuff or add new features.

Also the RP'ing community on Mos Eisley is unparralelled, pathetic, but has no competition, lol... we had a party last night, irritated the hell out of me because i had like 1 FPS, so small crowds in neocron never bothered me, meant less lag, less pk'ers who love to make me taste their pain. But everyone was up for a laugh and are very sociable, it was the idiots on neocron who drove me away... but also on SWG we get people with "RP damage level 1" which means if you kill them for a good reason... they have to re-roll their character... i mean, thats just wrong, lol

All in all, Neocron pwn's indeed and im missing it but I dont want to come back to something which may make me regret it, i'll wait till a big update comes or DoY... pfft.. comes until i come back, the forum community is probably the best i've ever had the pleasure of knowing, but the gaming is just so wrong at the moment, good luck with whatever anyone decides to do

-Scarus

(ps. not advertising, all in all neocron is more fun then SWG but SWG is just a nice change for awhile)