PDA

View Full Version : help launcher patch 160

Dead Bodies
24-05-04, 01:24
i try to instrall neocron onmy laptop but itwants patch 160 and i already have it installed but when i try to let it do it on its own "auto updater" it has an error and stops before its finished... helppp

alig
24-05-04, 01:26
Get the american patcher and it will work, dont worry kk are just plain dumb for not fixing such a common bug.

Dead Bodies
24-05-04, 01:27
i did download the america patcher and neocron pro i am using pro atm...

darknessfairy
24-05-04, 01:29
you have the Us patcher bug...welcome to my hell :D

go to neocron/patches folder and delete patches 159 and 181, they are both relatively small patches. Now run the launcher again. It will download those two patches, and will not crash!

Hurrah!

alig
24-05-04, 01:29
Did you overwrite the old one though ? ;) it does work, infact, its the only way it will work.

K so there is another way, i didnt know that though because the way i said always worked for me.

Dead Bodies
24-05-04, 01:31
why 159 and 181 they are not cauing the problme 160 is .. yes i overwrite it

alig
24-05-04, 01:32
I think 159 causes it to fuck up.

darknessfairy
24-05-04, 01:33
yes i know
trust me this works.
if you delete 159, then it redownloads it and forgets about 160...and also there is the same problem around 181

Dead Bodies
24-05-04, 01:33
okay i try it ...

Dead Bodies
24-05-04, 01:34
dude u fuckign wicked it past 160.. yay... now just waiting on 181 to patch take a while.. humm when i start neocron it says i have pak/ gfx files that are broke and on my startup launcher the check files option isn't there no more....

enigma_b17
24-05-04, 01:37
it goes past 160 if u do that and the same thing happens for patch 180, u need to dload the updated launcher and overwrite the old on in ur neocron directory

http://www.visualinsanity.net/files/NeocronLauncher.exe

Try that one :P

Dead Bodies
24-05-04, 01:55
it works great but i forgot whyi diddn't use my computer for a while cuz it shuts down on its own all the time anyone have an idea how to stop that i mean just out of the blue itwill shut off...

darknessfairy
24-05-04, 08:10
No warning at all ???

I mean i know bob's did that, just shut off, and then eventually he got a warning...
Have you just installed XP by any chance?

Here's my theory: Bill Gates is bitter about being sued right? So he made wormblaster. Now two out of three instances of wormblaster that I have encountered are from a FRESH install... So what i think is, that Bill Gates is like "Fuck the lot of them" and all versions of XP comes with wormblaster right? So people install wormblaster when they install XP. Now all is fine and it lays dormant until you type in that dreaded Product Key for XP. See because that determines whether your computer gets XP or not. Some keys activate it, others don't

Back on topic again...run a virus check ? http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp is good and free

yavimaya
24-05-04, 08:20
Whether deleting the couple of patches and letting it auto DL them works or not, KK did fix the bug, by fixing the patcher :P

And it clearly says up top of the launcher page to DL the updated one to fix all the patch bugs....

Get it? DL the new launcher and everything is fixed, right from the start! if you make that the first thing you do.... instead of trying to just go ahead and patch it.

Also if it is MSBlast, goto symantec. com and DL the removal tool for it, then the patch.
But in the mean time, goto Start -> Run -> then type "Shutdown -a" (err shutdown minus active :P) and hit enter, then your good to keep going till it wants to shut it down again :P

darknessfairy
24-05-04, 08:22
dear god, who got hit with the unhappy stick today, eh???

sometimes it's easier just to delete the patches rather than getting the new launcher..and its always nice to have more than one way of doing things :p

yavimaya
24-05-04, 08:24
dear god, who got hit with the unhappy stick today, eh???

sometimes it's easier just to delete the patches rather than getting the new launcher..and its always nice to have more than one way of doing things :p

LOL not the unhappy stick dude, the " I saw someone say that KK are fucked and should fix it, when they already have... and if people werent ignorant and took notice of things they would see that" Stick is what i was hit by :(

yavimaya
24-05-04, 08:29
Back on topic again...run a virus check ? http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp is good and free

Sorry to say this, or dont be a noob?
Learn and Know! what processes your computer runs as standard, and what should be running.
Once you notice something is wrong, or better yet when you see a process you know isnt meant to be there, investigate. dont wait for A/V shit to pick things up.... not that i like A/V software anyways, you have to have it running all the time for it to work at all, and that slows your comp down more than most could imagine... Also i havent come across an A/V proggy that has managed to actually delete any virus... they find it... but cant get rid of it, and thats pointless.

darknessfairy
24-05-04, 08:29
Yes i know. And yes i know that they fixed it, and yes i know someone posted about it BEFORE my post. I was just giving and alternate option. Stop spamming, and leave this thread alone, it was fine without your "OMG uR so fUCKing st0pid u cant fucking read"

darknessfairy
24-05-04, 08:30
Sorry to say this, or dont be a noob?
Learn and Know! what processes your computer runs as standard, and what should be running.
Once you notice something is wrong, or better yet when you see a process you know isnt meant to be there, investigate. dont wait for A/V shit to pick things up.... not that i like A/V software anyways, you have to have it running all the time for it to work at all, and that slows your comp down more than most could imagine... Also i havent come across an A/V proggy that has managed to actually delete any virus... they find it... but cant get rid of it, and thats pointless.

and yes I know what processes should be running BUT other people may not. Geez FFS get off of this fucking thread. Go troll somewhere else dude

yavimaya
24-05-04, 09:17
and yes I know what processes should be running BUT other people may not. Geez FFS get off of this fucking thread. Go troll somewhere else dude

Calm down man.
Trolling? I think you need to calm down as i said :P
I havent said dont do things your way once! im just pointing out to the person who bagged KK for no good reason, that they are wrong... i dont care who it was, if it was you (i didnt pay attention) then how dare you abuse me, You shouldnt be "attacking" people like that.

Anyways, im not here to "troll" im here to help ;P
I just found it funny that some people, think thier way is better than the official way, even though thier way is longer and very dodgey.

darknessfairy
24-05-04, 10:16
firstly im a WOman....
secondly my way can be alot faster than downloading the launcher etc... blah blah. depends how you look at it...
thirdly, no it wasn't me that had a go at KK.

kthxbye

yavimaya
24-05-04, 10:29
firstly im a WOman....
secondly my way can be alot faster than downloading the launcher etc... blah blah. depends how you look at it...
thirdly, no it wasn't me that had a go at KK.

kthxbye

Ya i rechecked that. i wasnt ever having a go at YOU for saying kk sucked. :P
Also, no autopatching the 2 patches can never be faster. i cant be screwed explaining right now, but think about the procedure for each way. its either DL no patches or 4, basically at both extremes.
Dont forget the auto patcher is using the game servers, so your slowing the servers down and are limited to 56k.

t0tt3
24-05-04, 10:56
Dont forget the auto patcher is using the game servers, so your slowing the servers down and are limited to 56k.

Oooh ooooh ooooh noooooooooo 56 k to d/l a 11k big file canīt you really w8 that long :rolleyes: :D

Btw you donīt need to d/l 160 that is 2.5 meg just get it from the patch ftp and an other thing welcome :eek: :wtf: :angel: