---------------
This is my sig, I have one, you dont, me > you

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 20:35
http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?f=2&announcementid=128

Saito Hajime
23-05-04, 20:39
Another perfect example of the 10% law.

no matter what youre talking about in life, the retarded 10% of the people involved will inevitably blow it for the other 90.

Saito Hajime.

Who needs a sig anyway.

VetteroX
23-05-04, 20:39
Nid, or any mod, can you plz explain what is offensive about "Remove Para" ? I'm truely not joking, I cant understand the problem with it.... and its hard to follow rules if I didnt even know we are breaking them... please explain how its offensive? The Vast, vast, vast VAST majority HATES parashock (this point cannot be arguered I don't think) Every GM Ive spoken to wants it nerfed/removed too.... people were making a statemnt... why won't KK listen?

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 20:41
Many people used a link to an image for thier remove para, rather than hosting it themselves.

Some git who was the hoster changed it to something rather offensive.

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 20:44
The Vast, vast, vast VAST majority HATES parashock (this point cannot be arguered I don't think)?

Last poll showed less than 33% of the forum wanted Parashock removed, 33% wanted the people who whine about Parashock removed, and 33% wanted Parashock toned down, the other 1% slept with Dead Animals.

/edit at above - the hoster had every right to change the image to whatever he wanted too, it wasnt his fault people were leeching his hosts bandwith, so because so many misguided people wanted the same sig (how unoriginal) he gets banned for doing something he is well within his rights to do, alter an object he owns copyright on, on webspace he owns/pays for. If no one had that signature, he wouldnt be banned, and this wouldnt be an issue.

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 20:46
The last poll was a pile of moose, and heavily influenced by *ahem* the french/venus players.

Shadow Dancer
23-05-04, 20:46
Nid, or any mod, can you plz explain what is offensive about "Remove Para" ? I'm truely not joking, I cant understand the problem with it.... and its hard to follow rules if I didnt even know we are breaking them... please explain how its offensive? The Vast, vast, vast VAST majority HATES parashock (this point cannot be arguered I don't think) Every GM Ive spoken to wants it nerfed/removed too.... people were making a statemnt... why won't KK listen?

It was replaced with something offensive.

Last I remember more than 33% of people wanted parashock gone.

The last poll was a pile of moose,

lmfao

I'd hafta say most real pvpers want it gone.

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 20:48
[ edited ]

Shadow Dancer
23-05-04, 20:51
Well Lexxuk sorry if you took offense to my comment, it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. You can stop trolling now.

Last I remember it certainly wasn't 120%. I WISH! It was something like 60% I think.

It doesn't even have to be removed, it could just be altered to be truly a defensive spell. Instead of an apu spell disguised as PPU.

Saito Hajime
23-05-04, 20:51
Nid and I have had some rough spots but I gotta side with nid on this one.

Yea so he has the right to put whatever he wants up. He has the right to make whatever image he wants.

the mods have the right to ban anyone who doesnt follow forum rules.

Nidhogg
23-05-04, 20:52
I've manually removed it from 46 accounts and re-enabled sigs. I trust that no one will put it back. :p

N

/edit - there are other REMOVE PARA images that you can use but please bear in mind what I said about you being responsible for your own accounts and sigs in the future.

Shadow Dancer
23-05-04, 20:53
Their only gone for a week. Funny thing is, I logged on and went straight to edit my sig and put in Captain Planet theme song lyrics. I didn't know anything about the sig issue. I spent like 20 minutes looking for the "edit sig" button. :lol:

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 20:54
Well Lexxuk sorry if you took offense to my comment, it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. You can stop trolling now.

Last I remember it certainly wasn't 120%. I WISH! It was something like 60% I think.

It doesn't even have to be removed, it could just be altered to be truly a defensive spell. Instead of an apu spell disguised as PPU.

it was 30 odd percent, the majority of the community do not want parashock removed. I didnt take offense at your comment, i found it humourous

Shadow Dancer
23-05-04, 20:56
I remember a few polls having 50-60%. I know when the venus players started voting that plummeted. O_o And if you didn't take offense to what I said, then don't flame or troll and try to start something.

EDIT:Nid if you're still reading this, can you tell us WHO was the "host" of the original sig?

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 20:58
No Nid cant tell you who hosted the image, data protection act and all that jazz.

And I wasnt trolling, just stating a fact.

Moscow
23-05-04, 21:04
/edit at above - the hoster had every right to change the image to whatever he wanted too, it wasnt his fault people were leeching his hosts bandwith, so because so many misguided people wanted the same sig (how unoriginal) he gets banned for doing something he is well within his rights to do, alter an object he owns copyright on, on webspace he owns/pays for. If no one had that signature, he wouldnt be banned, and this wouldnt be an issue.

No, he didn't.

He didn't have any right to change it to "what he wanted" if he was fully aware that people were still using it as a signature banner. A request for people to stop using his bandwith (Although I seem to remember him giving permission in the first place) would have been a lot better than a hate-inducing image.

He's not well within his rights to do that, because the image was DIRECTLY aimed at Reakktor and it was OBVIOUSLY still in use on this forum.

If no-one had used the signature, he wouldn't be banned...true.

But if he hadn't made the image in the first place, and gone to such sneaky lengths to throw it over the forums, he wouldn't be banned either.

Peace.

-Moscow

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 21:07
The last poll was only ONE poll out of dozens, the mast majority of which have seen a considerable majority vote for a complete removal or significant change where by pvp skill is not affected.
The last poll was less than a representitive depiction of the comunity due to the 'invasion' of the venus players, who come from a server where for some reason para is seen as an integral part of pvp.

Even then I think hte outcome was still remove para in the majority.

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 21:13
He owns copyright on the image, as an original piece of art work. Copyright law and copyright originated in the UK from a concept of common law, the Statute of Anne 1709. It became statutory with the passing of the Copyright Act 1911. The current act is the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.

As the creator of the sig, and hoster of the sig, the person has the right to do what he likes with the image, it is not upto "him" to inform you of changes, it is upto you, to know and follow the changes.

/edit at above - the votes reached several hundred, the vast majority did not want para removed

Nidhogg
23-05-04, 21:27
As the creator of the sig, and hoster of the sig, the person has the right to do what he likes with the image
He also has the right to be banned. I'm all for protecting people's rights.

N

Moscow
23-05-04, 21:28
He owns copyright on the image, as an original piece of art work. Copyright law and copyright originated in the UK from a concept of common law, the Statute of Anne 1709. It became statutory with the passing of the Copyright Act 1911. The current act is the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.

As the creator of the sig, and hoster of the sig, the person has the right to do what he likes with the image, it is not upto "him" to inform you of changes, it is upto you, to know and follow the changes.

I didn't see any copyright on that image; all I saw was tasteless hate-mongering scrabbled together from, ironically enough, images that the "artist" himself had ripped off from other people.

But irregardless, you can't honestly believe that someone like that isn't to blame for his own stupidity and ignorance.

Peace.

-Moscow

Marx
23-05-04, 21:29
In this thread here, he made no comments to not allow 'leeching', and while he did not say "Go for it", he didn't say "Don't waste my bandwidth, host it yourself" in either of his two posts. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=96310&page=5&pp=15)

He allowed people to borrrow the rights to the image, then knowing full well that people were using it (since he allowed it through implied consent) changed it. For that he simply deserved to be banned.

End of story.

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 21:37
He also has the right to be banned. I'm all for protecting people's rights.

N

I'm not saying you didnt have the right to ban him, I'm just saying he had the right to change it whenever he felt like it.

I didn't see any copyright on that image; all I saw was tasteless hate-mongering scrabbled together from, ironically enough, images that the "artist" himself had ripped off from other people.

You dont actually need to see copyright, for copyright to exist. Some people think that a cow in thormaldahyde is a tasteless piece of work, but it is copyrighted as original art. You dont see a (c) notice on Niddy's avatar, but its copyrighted. The Remove Para sig has automatic copyright protection as an original work.

Bear in mind however, different countries have different laws on copyright/patents etc.

Nidhogg
23-05-04, 21:42
I'm not saying you didnt have the right to ban him, I'm just saying he had the right to change it whenever he felt like it.

Well naturally. It was his picture hosted on his webspace. I'm not denying that it was his to do with as he wished, as long as he was willing to accept the consequences.

N

jernau
23-05-04, 21:52
:rolleyes:

He has the right to do whatever he wants with it. Copyright is implicit.

The way he changed it was a deliberately malicious act though and that's why he as banned. Forum Rules != Law.

/wrt Para polls : IIRC most came out the same (once the biased options were removed) - 1/3 want it gone, 1/3 want it left alone and 1/3 want it weakened/balanced/fixed. The extremists both claim group 3 is on their side....

Ormy
23-05-04, 22:25
Lol, I'm actually quite curious as to what he changed the image TO, must have been pretty offensive to cause all this.

Saito Hajime
23-05-04, 22:42
you didnt miss much it was pretty tasteless.

Hey Nid quick question. Do you know about the commercial for the Sport Ka... the lil racerboy Euro ford.. I think its funny as hell but it was deleted earlier... it does show the car using its sunroof to decapitate a CGI cat which then slides lifelessly off the hood... but really its great humor, its the tiny lil Ka's evil twin..

That shit didnt last 20 seconds. I think Freya has cats or something :)

just wondering if you've seen it, and if you have would you have deleted it as fast?

I am fine with her making that call, its hers to make, (assuming its a she....) if not well I guess I'll just cram the other foot in there real good... but anyway its her call, just looking for a second opinion, if you've seen it.

Nidhogg
24-05-04, 00:43
I have to back up my team on this one. I feel that that particular advert was made to be viral (they knew it would be immediately banned for use on direct channels) and we do not permit advertisements of any kind.

N

Saito Hajime
24-05-04, 01:14
cool enough, I thought it was damn funny though.

VetteroX
24-05-04, 04:07
Can someone pm me and tell me what the image was? I so sick of hearing "so and so was banned because of this... um secret incident" "you cant mention this on nc forums because of an incident" etc etc... just someone satisfy my curiosity plz.

Also, every poll ive seen the vast majority wants para removed or nerfed to hell. I also have neer seen anyone on these forums say "Noo, leave para as it is, I love being glued to the ground, and having to spend 2.3k a pop getting rid of it, then getting dizzy afterwards... I LOVE it, keep it"

Gotterdammerung
24-05-04, 04:13
It has nothing to do with the "nerf para" or whatever sigs, suffice it to say that it was an offensive graphic that had nothing to do with neocron.

naimex
24-05-04, 04:23
vet, IŽll pm you the story.