PDA

View Full Version : E-Bay is evil!!

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 18:01
Coz its addictive :( I wanted to buy a nice steering wheel for my PS2 (and the PS1 i'm also bidding for, rawr) and found one for 99p! and I was like "omg yes, sex, sex, /e orgy" like you do.

So, i sit there, waiting, for like, 34857234 hours, watching my system clock tick down, more, and more and more, my heart pumping, then, with 2 minutes to go... someone bid £5.01, I was like "omfg, you biatch, KOS DIE DIE DIE EVIL SPAWN OF SATAN!!" so I bid like, £5.20, feelin pretty chuffed, coz only 1 minute to go. Then... boom, he/she went upto £6.10!

So, I laughed and went "hawrhawrhawr I R UBAR U R N00B!" and scrolled down the page, to this Authentic Fake Ferrari steering wheel, for £4 (£10 including P&P), from someone with a high rep (the 99p one had 0 rep hehehe) so, I just won it :D :D :D

Just gotta hope I can get my PS1 I'm bidding for too :angel:

But no, E-Bay is evil! honest :angel:

Saito Hajime
23-05-04, 18:27
Careful with that, I've gotten a ton of great shit off ebay, but I recently got hosed on an original Axis and Allies board game.

I made payment but shipment was slow, dude was good with email contact though, Then i moved and he lost new addy, so i got it back to him, weeks later still no object, so I call the work number he gave. He says he ships the next day. 2 weeks later, I call again, coworkers say he doesnt work there anymore... my fault for not seeing that he only had 5 feedbacks all from sellers.

Caution is the word.

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 18:30
I only got 1 feedback at the moment, but, thats coz I've only bought 1 thing (512MB DDR Ram, made by IBM, its sexeh), but its 100% positive :D

Saito Hajime
23-05-04, 18:43
Yea I've got 19 right now.

some model kits for my display at work.

a couple of classic board games.

some xbox games, including both steel battalions on the cheap.

good stuff, but dont think its all safe.

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 18:44
nothings safe, something that bugs me, suikoden goes for a small fortune on Ebay, i've had two copies of the game, i could be rich by now, arghhh hehehe

Saito Hajime
23-05-04, 18:48
really, gonna have to dig up my copy then.

Nothing pisses me off worse than bidsnipers. :( not even griefers.

I always take that shit personal as hell. which I know i shouldnt, but I do. I often use the "contact member" feature to send folks trying to snipe me nasty-grams. Especially when they try and I win. Usually goes like this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! BITCH!

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 19:02
Probably better to raise the moneh up a little more, just enough to make it not worthwhile to buy, then, stop bidding, i coulda outbid the person for the wheel I bid on first, but in the end, he/she would have paid over £11, from someone with 0 rep, i r payin £10, for a wheel I know 100% will work with my PS2, its a win/win situation for me :D

kurai
23-05-04, 19:03
@Saito: So you get pissed because you lose an auction you didn't want to bid enough to win ?

Okay :rolleyes:

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 19:08
@Saito: So you get pissed because you lose an auction you didn't want to bid enough to win ?

Okay :rolleyes:

/me hugs Kurai - i think its coz they come in at the last seconds, and bid, its like i was 120 seconds from paying 99p (about $1.70 or so), along comes sniper, and the price goes upto £6.00ish (about $9) all coz of a snipererer

kurai
23-05-04, 19:10
@Lexxypoos: Yeah - I know what bid-sniping is ;)

I just mean that it's a bit pointless to get pissed over it - it just means you didn't bid enough. *When* the winning bid arrives isn't terribly relevant.

An item is only worth what someone will pay for it.

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 19:13
Aye, but I'm a cheap bugger tbh :p

---------------
This is my sig, I have one, you dont, me > you :p

Benjie
23-05-04, 19:20
Aye, but I'm a cheap bugger tbh :p
Heh.

------------------

This is my sig, I have one, you dont, me > you :p
Your sig is in mah sig!111one

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 19:37
Oi, gerroff my sig you, I'm unique in the whole wide forum >.<

---------------
This is my sig, I have one, you dont, me > you

Saito Hajime
23-05-04, 20:37
Thats cool if youre made o money, or youre not going after an Item thats $300 dollars or so.

Me, I'm po.

So I bid what I think I can get away with and try to fend off the snipers. Usually get my way.

Ya bid ONE time, and defend if ya absolutely have to.

StryfeX
23-05-04, 20:56
I must confess... I've sniped before. :angel: And I won. :p I don't really feel guilty about it since some fool waited until there was like 5 minutes left on the auction and then bid OVER the buy-it-now price. o_O

But I got the item, albeit slightly more expensive than I wanted. It was still less expensive than the other auctions for the same item on there.

--Stryfe

Matthew.v.smith
23-05-04, 22:07
E-Bay is cool but getting Outbid for something always ends with me screaming a variety of explicit swearwords before I ask my dad if I can
go bid a bit higher :angel:

It's pure win to get something rare on it tho like my
Resident Evil Samurai Edge Mod BB gun <3 :D
or my copy of Biohazard outbreak ^_^
or or my Biohazard Lighter or of course my Set of 5 Resident Evil collectables

Me like resident evil? Never :D

Matty. :angel:

P.S) the BB gun i got for like 120 dollars and they are selling them for like 270 used now <3<3<3

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 22:19
these sniper buggers nabbed the PS1 I was bidding for, by the time I got the email, bidding was closed >.<

Judge
23-05-04, 23:08
Why in gods name would you even want a PS1 in anycase?

Lexxuk
23-05-04, 23:12
I dont wanna mod my PS2 for umm, import games.

TraumaTeam
24-05-04, 02:39
If you want to do really well in an auction, use the free Hammersnipe service: http://hammersnipe.auctionstealer.com/home.cfm.

I actually use this so I don't get carried away. When I first see an auction, I set it up in Hammersnipe with the absolute max I'm willing to pay. Then, I get an e-mail when the auction is over telling me if I won or not.

If I'm bidding at the last second, I usually bid too much because I just want to win. (It's the gamer in me...) :)