PDA

View Full Version : The end of a long NC Day (about buff overiding and some bugs)

Darken
23-05-04, 06:07
Aye we had some good fights, but then hm as u see its almost 6 am.
Some clans think why dont we take their ops they have 4 we have alot more....

Ok so there it goes:
First fight - We run up the enemy army, swosh anti buff , but he np ok i cast shields again......
ONOz wait i got noob shelter what to do ??? ah ok i cast my holy heal and try not to get hit....... hm swoshhhh holy para and db, dang why i loose so much health ???
Ahhhhhh i got noob healed :rolleyes: ok ok u know how this ends.......
Just bone implant out ok lets go back fast they we fought em ouside the ouspost, waiting for SI in ug. ok going up......
You can guess what comes ??
Second Fight
Fatal ....... = Dead

Lucky me one of the 4 ppl that were online (1 was afk) can poke.. yay lucky again the ds didnt fell out....
So iam Plaza 2 tagging backpack......
Hm im getting a heal thx.....
oh wait im getting a nice pe shelter and deflector too, WOw even the always needed dronebuff,construct3, and never forget the basic 2 !!
So im fully poked but also fully buffed (thx to that nice ppl who were pissed of cuz we beat em that day).

Well....
There the 2nd Outpost goes.......

K we meet at 3rd Outpost...

third fight

My buffs ran of in ug i zoned up with the 2 other mates that were there fought for like 2 min suddenly my screen freezes (i cant die im the ppu) i just thought plz plz plz plz no fatal >_< ah ye it was fatal(yay i can restart NC faster i got new comp :D)
Ok yay they were shooting me i was down on low health and wow no noob heal this timee.... ok i just go into the ug to fetch the one guy that was left(the other one died cuz i had fatal and coudlnt heal) hm i right click the ug and ? how could it be else... rightclick bug i cant enter the ug so whats left ? gr somewhere else to gr to ug again. hm ok i run out it was foster uplink... yay i got stuck in some box in the entrance but i made it out half way to the gr i survived 2 antibuffs succesfull ok now third and !... dang noob shelter... so now ..... ah i already missed it there comes my noob heal, iwas parad, no stamina as there is no space in a ppus belt for stamina booster ..... i knew i was dead.
There was also some spy who steathed and jumped on a combat hover, so u cant do like anything against him, but what do i care im the only one left.....
i see my health going to zero.....
There i also thought of it and noticed how the hell did i want to escape ????
No right click no gr !
Dang it was a run for nothing :(

Here it ends my DS is out no 115 poker online....
I think the last op is going atm...
And im not in the mood to do any of those fights now

And so now here iam whining bitching complaining what ever about those fatals who actually caused the rightclick bug too...
And dont forget those noob buffs heals shelters and deflectors ...
Why cant we override them like in any other good game...... i dont want them be able that u can refreash ur SD just be able to override the buffs by better ones.....

So KK i think i showed u some reasons why ppl quit...
I dont think it would be alot of Work to patch Overriding of buffs and i dont want any Holo-Vests , Doy Tunnels or wtf else, Neocron has more Fatals then an Alpha version of some other MMo i know....
And we already have this game for more than one year with the n
ext expansion pack coming out..... :(

What a worst ending for a day that started so good =(

Tupac
23-05-04, 06:29
its funny how u complain about noob buffs etc when u guys started that trend..

SorkZmok
23-05-04, 06:35
Everyones having bad days.

And i swear half of what you told didnt really happen, you just put it into the story to make it sound worse. o_O

Shadow Dancer
23-05-04, 07:09
And i swear half of what you told didnt really happen, you just put it into the story to make it sound worse. o_O

How do you know?

petek480
23-05-04, 07:27
Thats what happens when you zone every 10 seconds.

Shadow Dancer
23-05-04, 07:35
I wish there was somehow a way for people to zone up from the UG and be safe for a limited amount of time. The way it is now, the people "defending" the op are at such a huge disadvantage.

Saito Hajime
23-05-04, 08:47
I'm with ya there SD.

I remember my first op fight, Clan screamin over chat to genrep to outpost X and then I am in UG.

Buffed up, stepped out and ate 12 rockets.

short fight for me. Turned out ok, clan kicked thier clans ass and res me and onward this comedy contines.

I am not saying its not smart to do, or even something real militaries cant do, but SD is right, one would think defenders should have the advantage.

metalangel
23-05-04, 10:47
Yeah but if you could override buffs, you'd have enemy PPUs casting level 1 heat/haz on enemies the same way they cast n00b heal on enemies - and that would be shit.

MrChumble
23-05-04, 10:57
Despite all the flippant replies, this is a real major problem.

As usual I'll cite some examples relative to other classes...

If a tank could have his CS ammo replaced for 30 seconds by a junkknife, would the tank be happy? Or perhaps a Spy's Obliterator lasting 10 seconds and not fully hiding you.

To me it just seems obvious that holy should over-ride blessed, blessed should over-ride normal. It would also be good if you could re-cast buffs before they fell, or during the 'tick-down' time at the end; but that's just wishful thinking I imagine.

Blarg gotta move house now, cyas in a few days :D

solling
23-05-04, 14:30
yeh fatals in mid fights = sure death
and they are not few

and i think everyone agrees that higher TL should override low TL buffs
now its just up to KK to put it in game but we all know KK speed
just take a look at MC5 and u know that aint gonna be ingame any time soon :(

and lol at tuppy and pete waa waa

Darken
23-05-04, 16:22
Well this was suggest alot of times already by many ppl, but well KK does not seem to care..... If they would just say something like okk we know this and try to fix it sum, but the only attention this thread will get by a gm is close :lol:

@SorkZmok everything happened thats the sad thing

Zaq
23-05-04, 16:27
Yeah fix noob heals its lame

Xiphias
23-05-04, 16:28
amen to the buffage overide, they got turrets set right on the ts now... what with the const reqs, i say give them 6 months and they MIGHT think about setting higher tls to overide :rolleyes:

Darken
23-05-04, 16:34
hm we must cry more, remeber how many ppl cryd about turret laming and hey now severel month later, there is something to solve it on TestServer....

KK should just spend some hours to things like i dont think its that hard at all to write some code for that and it would make the game alot more enjoyable

Shadow Dancer
23-05-04, 20:49
Didn't Carbonite say it was a valid tactic?

StryfeX
23-05-04, 21:03
Didn't Carbonite say it was a valid tactic?Maybe so, but it wouldn't have to be a valid tactic if we (the community) and KK could figure out how to balance PPUs (without the threads turning into flamefests). But that's for another thread.

As for UG camping, yes there should be some way the defenders have the advantage.

--Stryfe

Darken
23-05-04, 23:38
hm ye, it was kinda ok
but ur heal does no more work when u zone, so u zone up and they can already shoot u for 1-2 sec @ fast computeres and more @ slower ones.....
so mostlikely when u zone up u already have para db and anti buff or something.
There has to be really a fix too

LiL T
23-05-04, 23:47
noob healing noob buffing is sometimes the only way you are gonna bring down a ppu so tough luck ......... oh and have a nice day :lol:

solling
24-05-04, 05:06
noob healing noob buffing is sometimes the only way you are gonna bring down a ppu so tough luck ......... oh and have a nice day

only if u have no skillzzz :lol:

or its a really really good ppu (wich are rare)

or the enemy have like 10 ppus

BUT peops use it if there is only one ppu now a days

need it fixed somehow but i cant think of a way besides higher TL overiding lower ones

any ideas ?

petek480
24-05-04, 05:56
only if u have no skillzzz :lol:

or its a really really good ppu (wich are rare)

or the enemy have like 10 ppus

BUT peops use it if there is only one ppu now a days

need it fixed somehow but i cant think of a way besides higher TL overiding lower ones

any ideas ?
All you need to fix the problem is the 12 step plan. And the first step is admitting you have a problem!!!

Epsilon 5
24-05-04, 08:35
Lol darken a spy jumped on a combat hover?

I was the one on the combat hover, i was a tank in camo :P

Until KK decides otherwise, I consider n00b buffing enemies a valid tactic