PDA

View Full Version : DoY Psycho Kamikaze Chip

SjanTeN^
22-05-04, 21:55
Anyone know the price of a DoY Psycho Kamikaze Chip on saturn?
Or even know where to get em? They are dropped by a certain mob i'm quite sure of that, but which is it? Replicants ?

Callash
22-05-04, 21:58
They were the loot of a special type of Dome of York Soldier. The corresponding storyline is over though, so they do not spawn anymore.

n3m
22-05-04, 21:58
they seem to go for mc5's along with some money

the mobs that dropped them arent ingame anymore, never saw them myself.

Candaman
22-05-04, 22:02
i have one on pluto they are teh 1337 for lvling

Shadow Dancer
22-05-04, 22:03
I had like 3 in the past, sold them all.

2 of them were given to me. mwahahhahaha

Dribble Joy
22-05-04, 22:08
As I probably say too often, I'm using one :p.

Dont Mess
22-05-04, 22:10
ahh i have 4 blood lust kamis (pistol kami) and one physco killing spree (tank kami)

SjanTeN^
22-05-04, 22:12
All right, thats sad i'm afraid.
Anyway i was just wondering because i noticede that it really did get your rank a bit up ;) So i'm gonna go a bit offtopic, its about my tank and its rank, im with a HC3 60\67, capped strength. Anyway without any buffs at all i'm arround 55\67, and i dont understand why my first rank is that low, i got a marine\moveon\zerk3 in, and i got all HC rares, but i still manage to keep my "1-star-rank" and when i get a buff i'm up to 2 stars which really bugs me, so can anyone tell me what i need to do\get?
Edit: Also i have seen people with not capped str. and still get a higher rank in the first rank and a lower one in the last, thats just what bothers me. :) Just something tottaly irrelevant stuff which dosent make you better\worse :-)

Omnituens
22-05-04, 22:14
I got one. PM me if you want to do some trading. Beware, my price will be high due to the chip being non-replacable.

Vid Gamer
22-05-04, 22:16
Anyway i was just wondering because i noticede that it really did get your rank a bit up ;) So i'm gonna go a bit offtopic, its about my tank and its rank, im with a HC3 60\67, capped strength. Anyway without any buffs at all i'm arround 55\67, and i dont understand why my first rank is that low, i got a marine\moveon\zerk3 in, and i got all HC rares, but i still manage to keep my "1-star-rank" and when i get a buff i'm up to 2 stars which really bugs me, so can anyone tell me what i need to do\get?
Edit: Also i have seen people with not capped str. and still get a higher rank in the first rank and a lower one in the last, thats just what bothers me. :) Just something tottaly irrelevant stuff which dosent make you better\worse :-)

How much HC/WEP do you have and how good are your rares?

With 215 HC and 86 WEP with an artifact CS I get a CR of 58 without buffs.

Epsilon 5
22-05-04, 22:22
I'm very much against the dropping of special chips for a limited time .. i think that if anything new start dropping, it should always drop until the game is no more ... even if very rarely

only exception is unique GM rewards at events.

Dont Mess
22-05-04, 22:32

u really dont want a tank kami because it will drop yr pase rank to like 55 as its -con i think

anyway it will raise yr combat rank abit coz u will be able 2 fully cap all hc rares as in aiming and freq on a cs. Dont worry bout combat rank on a tank we all have low ranks yr not bugged theres nothing that can be done. my tank is usualy like 55 or 58/69

Heavyporker
22-05-04, 22:56
I don't believe you, callash.

I remember the terror the Kamikaze soliders caused when the Neochronicle made it known that there were some hiding out in the Outzone and Pepper Park.

The vendors were perpetually crouching. The lack of rats coming out from the entrance to Ind-A was noticeable. Even the Black Dragon guards were sweating.. and it was rather cool outside.

The Dome of York could NOT have failed to observe this. I just know there's some more Kamikaze soliders... perhaps in stasis... and I just know the Dome of York leaders are itching to press that button to thaw them out...

Then blood will spill... in a straight line... to Neocron City.

Dribble Joy
22-05-04, 23:32
I'm very much against the dropping of special chips for a limited time .. i think that if anything new start dropping, it should always drop until the game is no more ... even if very rarely

only exception is unique GM rewards at events.
They are for the most part lvling tools and apart from a few less than viable setups (ie. mine) they are totally useless in PvP.
As such they don't unbalance things.
It's nice to have some really rare stuff.
Larent barrels, spirit mod, kamis....

ZoomZoom
22-05-04, 23:49
at NExt auction on saturn one sold for 11mil :) and ive seen someone spaming trade saying "paying 75mil for a sa dm me" :( makes me feel poor.

well anyways kamis suck really only for lvling so if u wanna go to a op fight etc u better take it out so then u lose condition easy etc etc.

j0rz
23-05-04, 00:17
i sold my kamis for pee nutz since no one wanted pistol kamis and now they do its odd even sold my tank apu rifle kami for cheap 2

Mumblyfish
23-05-04, 00:18
well anyways kamis suck really only for lvling so if u wanna go to a op fight etc u better take it out so then u lose condition easy etc etc.
No. Some of us now rely entirely on kamis.

If I lost my kamis and couldn't get replacements - I'd leave the game. Rather not play at all than have some Arsey McCockshit cookie cutter setup.

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 00:20
i sold my kamis for pee nutz since no one wanted pistol kamis and now they do its odd even sold my tank apu rifle kami for cheap 2
Really?

Afaik I am the only non lvling kami user on uranus (bar those apus with ppu anus attachments).

Aziraphale
23-05-04, 00:25
Bring back kami's :( I joined after the mobs dissapeared, and I desperately want one.

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 00:28
Dude, not really, they do suck badly.

You get +40 in your main weapon skill.
Which is cool.
But you get -100 in energy and peircing at least.
Along with -30 int (-40 ppu on psi afaik, and only -15 int on the tank).

Mumblyfish
23-05-04, 00:30
Blue.
You forgot the boost to runspeed, the OTHER defense.

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 00:34
+15 to agl and atl....
Which is nice but not insane.
Anyway, at high end pvp speed is irrelevant, noone is missing really.

Spikadelia
23-05-04, 00:36
Was a fledgling Droner (Kebab) when the chips came out....... got a two second sighting of a Kami soldier in the OZ once. The next instant I'm making like a doormat and the rest as they say is rust!

Hmmmm...... so now I'm playing a pure APU and slowly making the grade. One question is how good are they are for lvling? Secondly anyone on Uranus have one gathering dust?

My chunky rare collection is yours to browse at leisure. :D

-=Dr No=-

Heavyporker
23-05-04, 00:36
I say that either Callash is bluffing or he's out of the loop.

The Dome of York KNOWS that Neocron is afraid of the Kamikaze soliders. They either would have carried over any units left over from the initial batch or made more of the Kamikaze soliders.

I tell you, people... don't go into the Outzone alone.

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 00:40
Was a fledgling Droner (Kebab) when the chips came out....... got a two second sighting of a Kami soldier in the OZ once. The next instant I'm making like a doormat and the rest as they say is rust!

Hmmmm...... so now I'm playing a pure APU and slowly making the grade. One question is how good are they are for lvling? Secondly anyone on Uranus have one gathering dust?

My chunky rare collection is yours to browse at leisure. :D

-=Dr No=-
They are great for lvling, +40 apu, +15 mst, +30 psu (afaik) will increase the rate you can chew through mobs.
Go shoot mobs that don't do energy or peircing and you're laughing.

Shadow Dancer
23-05-04, 00:53
Their awesome for leveling because you can wear an LE, take off your clone amror(pa), AND still cap your weapons.

LEET

Spikadelia
23-05-04, 01:13
They are great for lvling, +40 apu, +15 mst, +30 psu (afaik) will increase the rate you can chew through mobs.
Go shoot mobs that don't do energy or peircing and you're laughing.

:eek: 8| :eek:

Holy Mother of Gawd! That good eh?

Oh well, only 216 days till Christmas (or is that the DoY real release date?).........

I guess I'm gonna have to refrain from tying the neighbours pets to fireworks and hope a Fat Red Drunk stuffs my sock with an APU Kami Chip.

O_o

Clownst0pper
23-05-04, 01:52
I sold my APU kami for 25million last week + MOVEON

Nuski
23-05-04, 02:55
To give Dribble some support my capped tank and monk on uranus both use them and no they dont have a ppu attached they just use a strange thing called cover. They are excellant not only for levelling but for eveyday use and if you do go to an op war you have a ppu to give you some protection whilst you destroy the enemy with totally capped weapons.

Sigma
23-05-04, 03:25

If I lost my kamis and couldn't get replacements - I'd leave the game. Rather not play at all than have some Arsey McCockshit cookie cutter setup.
exactly, did opwars for months with kami in

exchanged later for a DS though

tomparadox
23-05-04, 07:28
i used to have one. found it in a suwer laying on the flore O_o .

Lethys
23-05-04, 11:36
Rifle kamis are useful for spies.

With my setup I can fully cap any rifle, use stealth 3, poke MC5s when buffed by PPU, hack OPs easily and drive some vehicles.

Of course I have zero energy resist, but the whole point is not to get hit. Unfortunately another rifle spy or tank with ravager will tear me apart.

j0rz
23-05-04, 12:30
To give Dribble some support my capped tank and monk on uranus both use them and no they dont have a ppu attached they just use a strange thing called cover. They are excellant not only for levelling but for eveyday use and if you do go to an op war you have a ppu to give you some protection whilst you destroy the enemy with totally capped weapons.

If u go into a op war with a kami u wont last 2 seconds a kami apu with holy buffs all buffed will die in 3 HL hits besides if ur runing a good setup (psi core ds attack 3 attack2) ull cap the hl fa holy anti buff no problem.

when j0rz.tnk had a kami he sucked soon as i took it out he became a differant tank to play and became a good tank from a tank that couldnt win.

kami's only good for lvling nothing else
:o

Mumblyfish
23-05-04, 13:00
Really? I'm a spy with a rifle and pistol kami in, which equates to the worst raw defense in the game. I do fine in duels with my pistols, and am no worse than any other sniper in op wars, except that instead of stealth I can fight at close range when caught. All this talk of "Waaah, kamis make me crap!" isn't because kamikaze chips are terrible, it's because you haven't changed your playstyle accordingly, or haven't used them for anything more than five more ROF on your Cursed Soul.

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 13:16
I use my kami to cap the rof on my judge.
I'm faster and have managed to get my energy back up to acceptable levels, and with 450 hp.
But for tanks.. they are quite poop, capping the CS rof isn't really a nessescity.

Clownst0pper
23-05-04, 13:20
I use my kami to cap the rof on my judge.
I'm faster and have managed to get my energy back up to acceptable levels, and with 450 hp.
But for tanks.. they are quite poop, capping the CS rof isn't really a nessescity.

Its also very easy -

A PE can manage with a pistol kami thanks to self shelter - tanks however dont have that luxury, so they take alot more damage anyway, never mind with all the negatives.

Shame really, there pretty quirky chips

Nvidia
23-05-04, 19:14
Agree with Mumbly here...

Anyone saying that Kami chips are only good for leveling obviously haven't tried a different playing style when using one. There's a few things you can consider when using one...

1 - Drugs. They are your friend. Insane runspeed _IS_ necessary when playing against someone with a good aim. Not only speed-related drugs, but Energy-Resist drugs. Those can often make-or-break the fight for you, because you can't really afford to get hit. People are often turned off by drugs, but after going from the "I HATE DRUGS AND DRUGFLASH" phase to "OMG I <3 DRUGS" phase, I have to say... they allow for such interesting setups.

2 - Resists. When you put in a Kami chip, you can go one of two ways with this. You can either decide to not even try to break even with the huge resists, and spec fire, poison, and x-ray. Or, you can weaken your other resists, and struggle to to gain positive energy. I would recommend the second, because otherwise one hit from pretty much any energy weapon is going to take so much health at once that your legs become blackened, ruining your only advantage, speed. This is what I've seen with a 275-body health spy with a kami chip in and no attempt to beat the energy malus...

Holy lightning - Takes about 130 health the first time. SEE: half of your health ;) Two more and you're down.

Cursed Soul - One burst in which all four hit leaves you with about 45 health, and you even hit 0 before it bounces to 45. When this happens, your legs are pretty much gone.

Devil's Grace - Three swings is all it takes. When I see melee tanks, I REALLY run. :)

Judge - Not too sure on this one, haven't ran into one in awhile. I think though that the first ones hit for about 80. I don't think I could take 5, if that gives you an idea of how much damage it does.

Slasher/RoLH - When you see those, it's stealth whore time. If they're using a RoLH, don't even bother trying to fight them. Even people with sucky aim can hit people with that, it's way too uber. And with how fast it shoots, you're pretty much down after 3-4 hits at close range. With the slasher, it shoots pretty damn fast, despite the RoF nerf. Keep your distance when dealing with this weapon, but I've found I can snipe warbots with it too, so hope your enemy doesn't know that. :p

Pain Easer/Liberator/Wyatt Earp - It is possible to spec against that. You will still take a large amount of damage, but it's not nearly as high on the scale as a CS. The only people who might have problems with this are monks.

Ravager/Healing Light - STAY AWAY! Those things can rip you apart SO fast! Especially the Healing Light.

Now... the good parts about a Kami chip?

1 - Capped RoF on a Healing Light. If you haven't had the ability to use one, well, you haven't felt the raw power of 'Uber overpowered'-ness run through your vein. I remember awhile back, I shoved my kami back in after several months of not using it. I then went to MB and sniped 8 people, 4 of which were standing together at the same time. I've found it can drop newer spies in 2, but most take 3. Tanks can take 5-6 shots if you aim the right areas. PEs drop just as fast as spies if they aren't buffed.

2 - Speed. Huge increase in speed. 'nuff said.

3 - Diversity. Why does everyone feel the need to be a cookie-cutter player? Everyone complains about how everyone's the same, but they aren't willing to wear a kami chip and adjust their playing style to help out the diversity of the game. Makes no sense to me.

Now, all I have experience with in kami chips is a rifle/pistol spy. I am using one on my APU currently, and the 69/40 Rank rocks. :) I haven't tested everything fully with him yet, but once I cap my con, I'll do some testing.

Thanks for listening, hope some of that helps.

(Sorry if there's a few typos in here, I just woke up. :p)

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 19:28
1 - Drugs. They are your friend. Insane runspeed _IS_ necessary when playing against someone with a good aim. Not only speed-related drugs, but Energy-Resist drugs. Those can often make-or-break the fight for you, because you can't really afford to get hit. People are often turned off by drugs, but after going from the "I HATE DRUGS AND DRUGFLASH" phase to "OMG I <3 DRUGS" phase, I have to say... they allow for such interesting setups.
Drugs are indeed usefull and can lead to interesting setups.

However.

I use a kami, I need a decent int bonus from my imps to wear the light energy belt.
I was using destrol forte and pistol eye 3, but I had to chug a DF every 3 mins to keep it on.
Patrolling MB or when at an OP fight, large numbers of drugs, even if there's no flash, is a serious pain, you either have to stop and open your inv, or waste valuable QB space.
It was so bad that I switched to a smart cyber4, I have the same PC, 9 less agl and because I have to use the pc1 buff not melee1, I have less hp.
But it's worth it.

For solo playing kamis only rely become usefull in cirtain areas, rifle spy/PE is a prime example.
With tanks, the loss of defence for a measily few extra rof on your cs, even in an OP fight situation is really not worth it.
And any str points you gain and put into FOR are wasted with the -200 pierce on the chip.
Pistol kamis (in my experience), are only worth it, if you are willing to drug badly (I really don't consider the energy resist potion viable, it only lasts for 1 min 30secs.) and know hwat you are doing re. setups and hp/resist balance.
Then the only thing you gain is rof, which is totally useless if you can't get it into practice.

Runspeed is not really a defence, anyone with a shread of skill can hit a 110 agl/atl runner.

Sigma
23-05-04, 19:42
APU Kami is teh win

having capped pool, capped spells (ALL spells), having a rank of 83 (cap for APU) AND not have to wear the jawasuit is teh sexyness :D

Edit:

[...]Runspeed is not really a defence, anyone with a shread of skill can hit a 110 agl/atl runner.
try hitting some1 in an opwar with 10 fps, while he's running around like a ferret on speed, passing through your whole team, I yet have to see some1 who can maintain a lock under such circumstances :O

[TgR]KILLER
23-05-04, 20:04
a friend of me just showed me a APU kami he got for totaly free yesterday :x

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 20:11
try hitting some1 in an opwar with 10 fps, while he's running around like a ferret on speed, passing through your whole team, I yet have to see some1 who can maintain a lock under such circumstances :O
And I doubt they can hit anything either, unless they have some uber comp.
I have a kami, but I don't even bother going to OP fights, due to slideshow frame rates.
Besides I was talking about speed seperate from fps, fps should not be a factor, unfortunately it is.

Sigma
23-05-04, 20:18
And I doubt they can hit anything either, unless they have some uber comp.
I have a kami, but I don't even bother going to OP fights, due to slideshow frame rates.
Besides I was talking about speed seperate from fps, fps should not be a factor, unfortunately it is.i don't need to aim to hit with an APU :rolleyes:

KILLER']a friend of me just showed me a APU kami he got for totaly free yesterday :xi got about 8 :x

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 20:31
i don't need to aim to hit with an APU :rolleyes:
That is relevant to my post, how?
Given decent frame rate, speed is not a defence, if anything, lack of speed is a hinderance, I don't see speed as anything positive tbh.
How you USE the speed is a different matter.
Ish.

Sigma
23-05-04, 23:22
That is relevant to my post, how?

And I doubt they can hit anything either[...]i don't need to aim to hit with an APU :rolleyes:
did that answer how relevant it was to ur post?

Given decent frame rate[...]
what's ur fps in fights?

[...]if anything, lack of speed is a hinderance, I don't see speed as anything positive tbh[...]
first u r saying lack of speed is a bad thing and one second later that speed is nothing positive? :wtf:

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 23:30
My fps at an OP fight is slide show, 1-3 fps, max in NF is about 40, 10 - 20 in a fight.

Re. speed.
What I mean is that, high speed is a prequisite, the norm.
Any thing less is a detrimental factor.
Thus high speed is not a factor in defence, it's allready there.
I am talking about high lvl pvp, which of course I am not part of.

uber java
23-05-04, 23:33

::sighs:: Another one.

So lets get this straight. When your kami (that you rely totally on) is at a point where it can't be replaced anymore (which it will), you're going to leave?

You do know that every time you repair the chip it looses condition points right?

Typical person now days.

Mumblyfish
23-05-04, 23:36
You do know that every time you repair the chip it looses condition points right?
Yep. And I'll leave when there's no way I can get Kamikaze chips again. So my current setup is the most fun I've ever had with Neocron, it'd crush me to have to go back to a typical non-kami setup. I'd rather leave.

j0rz
23-05-04, 23:40
u can cap the hl fa holy anti buff with a ds and have a allmost capped pool or capped pool n cap allweapons with psi 3 so i dont see the point in tha apu kami since as a kami apu u need a ppu on ur rear end or ur guna last seconds least a normal apu can take afew hits ;)

Aziraphale
23-05-04, 23:46
Hmm an APU kami must make for some sexy hybrid setups no?

j0rz
23-05-04, 23:51
nope since it's -40 ppu since the patch instead of -40 intel so no more hybirds

Aziraphale
23-05-04, 23:53
Ah =/

Sigma
23-05-04, 23:54
u can cap the hl fa holy anti buff with a ds and have a allmost capped pool or capped pool n cap allweapons with psi 3 so i dont see the point in tha apu kami since as a kami apu u need a ppu on ur rear end or ur guna last seconds least a normal apu can take afew hits ;)
i highly doubt that, but it's funny that u say with psi 3.

what about those APUs who haven't got a PPU-buttbuddy or don't WANT one? :wtf:

j0rz
23-05-04, 23:57
if ur guna be a kami apu u better have a ppu on ur arse or ur no guna last 2 seconds (cough) stoned ;) nuff said 2 hits n hes down