PDA

View Full Version : What mobs have you gotten a FH2 from?

whifix
22-05-04, 21:55
I'm trying to find a filter heart 2 even though it is almost impossible these days. So what mobs have people found a filter heart 2 off of recently?

n3m
22-05-04, 21:57
the 85/85 hopper thingie that looks like a raptor

also from a tank in clan that got deleted for the birth of a monk

Capt. Rik
22-05-04, 21:59
I believe this thread should help you...

Clicky... (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=77208&highlight=Filter+Heart)

Edit: Although this thread is from september last year, I'm sure nothing has changed.

naimex
22-05-04, 22:01
filter heart 2 sucks

but both ive found, were on terror leapers

whifix
22-05-04, 22:01
Thanks

s0apy
22-05-04, 22:04
heya whiffy - how ya keepin?

my whole NC career of 2 years or so i've gotten precisely 2 FH2s, both from good ole terror leapers, both at cycrow. i'd say terror leapers drop a level 2 imp about 1 time in 10, which can be any level 2 imp you care to mention including the elusive FH2. so that's, what?, 1 in 300 or 400 of getting an FH2. certainly feels that way.

honestly - are they rarer than MC5 chips? just for a wee experiment i offered an FH2 as a direct swap for a SA once over trade, and got laughed at :). but seriously, if i had just one FH2, i wouldn't part with it for an SA, DS and herc combined.

Vid Gamer
22-05-04, 22:07
filter heart 2 sucks

How does it suck?

s0apy
22-05-04, 22:12
filter heart 2 sucks

depends on whether you intend to willfully and deliberately ignore poison resist. well do ya, punk ;) ?

with the above proviso, FH2 is, for nearly any class that can use it, the only decent heart in the lineup.

naimex
22-05-04, 22:57
depends on whether you intend to willfully and deliberately ignore poison resist. well do ya, punk ;) ?

with the above proviso, FH2 is, for nearly any class that can use it, the only decent heart in the lineup.

you can make a perfectly fine setup with poison resist and whatnot without filter heart 2.

StryfeX
22-05-04, 23:02
you can make a perfectly fine setup with poison resist and whatnot without filter heart 2.Prove it by posting said setup.

--Stryfe

Cruzbroker
22-05-04, 23:04
Well Lol With A Br2 You Nibs

edit: basic resistor 2 :E OMFG my rifle PE could use that....
edit2: oh noes, after patch with haz 1..

Mumblyfish
22-05-04, 23:05
Well Lol With A Br2 You Nibs
...Que?

Dribble Joy
22-05-04, 23:25
you can make a perfectly fine setup with poison resist and whatnot without filter heart 2.
You could, but the point efficiency would be shafted.
For all the extra hlt you gain, getting back 10 xray and 15 poison will (on most decent setups) leave you with a weaker setup.

sanityislost
22-05-04, 23:29
Have been told they drop from hazard worms also, havent had it happen to myself tho.

SiL ..:..

Dribble Joy
22-05-04, 23:34
Have been told they drop from hazard worms also, havent had it happen to myself tho.

SiL ..:..
Technically I think they drop from all 3 star mobs.

J. Folsom
22-05-04, 23:35
You could, but the point efficiency would be shafted.
For all the extra hlt you gain, getting back 10 xray and 15 poison will (on most decent setups) leave you with a weaker setup.
That even counts for monks and FH1 ;)
Because generally speaking you have more X-Ray Resist than Body Health.

Spies are probably an exception.

Heavyporker
22-05-04, 23:35
I have looted three FH2s on Saturn in the past seven months.

So, really, not that rare.

Cruzbroker
22-05-04, 23:41
Exp hearts suck anyway :p

Dribble Joy
22-05-04, 23:44
Exp hearts suck donkey balls.

StryfeX
22-05-04, 23:47
Exp hearts suck donkey balls.Exp hearts are good for levelling. Exp 1 for spies is decent, too.

--Stryfe

Dribble Joy
22-05-04, 23:48
Well.. for a spy that doesn't care for oison, yes. :p

Heavyporker
22-05-04, 23:48
WTF? Exp hearts are awesome.

Huge +CON, +end, and +hlt.

Cruzbroker
22-05-04, 23:50
FH2 -5 con +10 xray +15 por
EXP +3 con +10 end +10 hlt -15 por -8 (-10?) xray

that could be +3 con +10 hlt +15 ath -15 por -8/10 xray

no RP sense tho.

Crucificio
22-05-04, 23:51
Since we are talking about level 2 implants, are there any mobs that drop them other than the terrorleapers? I have found mobs that drop level 1 implants fairly regularly, but now I am high enough level that I need the level 2's and can't find them. =/

seraphian
23-05-04, 00:23
honestly the importance of the FH and poison resist differs based on what you do most often. Almost no-one uses poison-modded ammo, and even the APU poison spells are most often foregone in favor of Flame spells and HL... so if you PvP a lot more health might be better because most PvP weapons do force/pierce, fire, x-ray and energy. OTOH, if you do caving at all, every cave mob I know of, save for the Chaos Queen and the worm-tunnel mobs, do poison damage, making poison resist a must for caving.

also, not all *** mobs drop FHs, I am 99% sure, based on the fact me and my clan and friends have literally killed a few thousand warbots, titans and hover-eye / bombers over the last few months and not one has dropped a FH2...

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 00:25
That was an error on my part.
According to the loot tables only t-leapers, t-raptos, d-horrors and d-brutes drop em.

naimex
23-05-04, 00:53
Prove it by posting said setup.

--Stryfe

I donīt have good resist, but I have enough to be able to fight off a dev tank, or a poison casting apu.

anyways my very own setup is base values :

imp + pa setup :

and I know what you gonna say. :

itīs a shit con setup

but it isnīt if you donīt get hit much, and hit most if not all shots.

Jesterthegreat
23-05-04, 02:05
filter heart 2 sucks

agreed... unless your a tank. they are the best tank heart.

and they drop from terror leapers / terror raptors

:edit: to have decent XRAY resist you have to spec much xray as a tank. bare in mind that the only xray armour you have is your belt which is +5 or less. FH2 gives enough +XRR to make it more point efficiant than any other heart (for a tank who wants good resists)

Gohei
23-05-04, 03:07
The droprate on those things are silly tho.
I've been playing for like 2 years now and i have never found a FH2 of my own. And i guess thats the reason they are one of the most expensive imps in the game

olavski
23-05-04, 03:07
People gettin crazy buying one, i've seen people bid 10 mill for it :rolleyes:

FH1 is a tad less ofcourse, but it's almost free if you BP it.

n3m
23-05-04, 11:28
People gettin crazy buying one, i've seen people bid 10 mill for it :rolleyes:

FH1 is a tad less ofcourse, but it's almost free if you BP it.fuckers who want to pay 10mill are never online when im trying to sell mine :mad: only got 5 mill for mine :o

QuantumDelta
23-05-04, 11:41
WTF? Exp hearts are awesome.

Huge +CON, +end, and +hlt.
Does it show he can't PvP?

s0apy
23-05-04, 13:26
agreed... unless your a tank. they are the best tank heart.

and they drop from terror leapers / terror raptors

:edit: to have decent XRAY resist you have to spec much xray as a tank. bare in mind that the only xray armour you have is your belt which is +5 or less. FH2 gives enough +XRR to make it more point efficiant than any other heart (for a tank who wants good resists)

i've yet to figure out a setup for my PE that doesn't benefit from FH2 more than any other heart - not just for tanks.

look. other hearts add to CON, END or HLT, with minuses to POR or XRR. but you don't actually need CON for anything other than as a req for a heart, sure it adds a little HP, but only a very little. you don't need END either - whatever you get from an xray chest is enough (it's on the limit - true, but with STA boosters it's enough). HLT you get at the expense of POR or sometimes both POR and XRR, an expense that you cannot make up with the saving on "real" HLT CON points.

the basic thing you have to bear in mind with the FH2 is that it has NO real malus. -5 CON? big fukin deal. 15 XRR is worth around 45 real CON points to me, and the extra POR is gravy too. the only hit i take is 5 or so HP, and a slightly lower than ususal /xx rank.

FH2, effectively, drags and squeezes out the very last drop of your CON points - used correctly, with a very optimised CON setup, and it does better than any other heart.

as an aside on POR, remember that certain melee weapons will be doing small amounts of direct (yes, direct) poison damage come the next patch. ignore it at your lasting peril :)

naimex
23-05-04, 13:28
Does it show he can't PvP?

and what is that supposed to mean ??

I PvP very well tyvm, I use exp heart, and some would say gimped resists.

So that is one hell of a bullshit statement.

Clownst0pper
23-05-04, 13:32
Just get a filter 1, only cost like 10k and do just the job, only afew points less than FH2 :wtf:

Matthew.v.smith
23-05-04, 13:43
I got my Filter heart 2 from a Special mob called a "dumb player" he sold me mine for 1 million and a Speedgun

I refused lol and then he eventually dropped the price to 1 million

So there ;)

<3 Filter 2

Matty. :angel:

QuantumDelta
23-05-04, 13:44
and what is that supposed to mean ??

I PvP very well tyvm, I use exp heart, and some would say gimped resists.

So that is one hell of a bullshit statement.

On what character?
As a PE, you'd never use a EXPH2 unless you're PvM Only.
As a APU you shouldn't use it ever, either, unless you're PvM Only.

Tanks can get away with it, though FH2 is more point effective (I think the difference is about 10 CON Points if you're working to the best possible setup but every little helps).
PPUs can get away with it, though, decent ones wouldn't touch it.
Spies prefer EXPH1 - or if they have the correct imps for it, EXPH2.

Darth Slayer
23-05-04, 13:50
filter heart 2 sucks

FH 2 Sucks nope don't think so...... :p
But the nib is right I've gotten my only one of a Terror Leaper.

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 13:57
I iz gunna break it down yo

anyways my very own setup is base values :

imp + pa setup :

Right. You're using a ppr.
Lets stuff a filter 2 in there and with the same poison at the end lets see what we get.
We loose 15 htl, going to cost us 30 points to replace, mabe 32 due to loss of CON if we are getting the same total hp overall.
We gain, 30 points from poison, 45 +15 = 60.
We gain, 40 points from xray (base xray is now 55 from 75, 55+25 =80)
So we have a net gain of about 36-38 con points.

Unless I've gone wrong somewhere.

QuantumDelta
23-05-04, 14:17
You don't have to baby people that much DJ :P

edit;
There's a difference between explaining your argument and optimising someone's CON for them on the spot ;p

If people don't think through how to do these things methodically, they'll probably never learn.

Now, Naimex will probably turn around and say "Yea....that is a better way of doing it." -- because he isn't stupid.
However some newbie may come along copy the setup and just thing "waahey...!" then new imps come out, or old ones are removed or edited and that newbie, who probably now has a good PvP rep from using that setup -- gets spanked, makes those on top of the system look bad.

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 14:21
I'm not...
Am I?

naimex
23-05-04, 14:34

edit;
There's a difference between explaining your argument and optimising someone's CON for them on the spot ;p

If people don't think through how to do these things methodically, they'll probably never learn.

Now, Naimex will probably turn around and say "Yea....that is a better way of doing it." -- because he isn't stupid.
However some newbie may come along copy the setup and just thing "waahey...!" then new imps come out, or old ones are removed or edited and that newbie, who probably now has a good PvP rep from using that setup -- gets spanked, makes those on top of the system look bad.

I donīt have to turn around..

cuz I can own you anyway, anytime, anywhere.

oh I forgot, you donīt play anymore..

You donīt know what it is to play anymore..

People that have fought me, know, that my setup matches my playstyle.

And stop dissing me QD.

Yes I am playing on my tank, and I donīt get away with it.. My setup is as viable as any other you can make up.

And my con has been lommed for more than 100 mil exp, so donīt gimme that bullshit about "never learn" you never learned.

you spent more time on forums than ingame, ever think of that ?

You spent more time as non-aggressive than you did as a PvPer.
Do you really think I would take your advise on my con ?

QuantumDelta
23-05-04, 15:01
Who's the one talking shit now?

Back when you were first letting SSC down, while we were not actively op waring.
I was dueling.
I was killing PKers.
I was testing, tweaking.
For months.
You can ask any of the old skool vets who talked to me about this stuff, Fang, DJ, XaNToR, Djingo Advanced, and probably anyone else who is a high level PvPer on Uranus will tell you I continually spent time on my character.
Almost in obsession.

My PE beat OLD HYBRIDS -- Not because of how overpowered PEs ever were (lol this was with a lib after the lib nerf ffs), but because of how "on the 'roids" my PE was.
Keithz and his hybrid partner lost to me in _DUELS_ back when it was easy for a hybrid to use holy shelter and holy para and holy lightning.

There are witnesses to that, too, since it was one of the first ever fight nights (Though at the time, wasn't actually called fight night, and, was hosted, before the pluto fight nights started up).
It was the event that gave chyna her belt looting idea.
It was called rage in the cage iirc o.O

naimex
23-05-04, 15:06
then I think itīs funny that, whenever me and leto took an op

you just gave it back to the ones we took it from

whenever we went to war, you stood on some building looking at it.

when we chased someone through multiple zones, you stayed at the OP.

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 15:09
You can ask any of the old skool vets who talked to me about this stuff, Fang, DJ, XaNToR, Djingo Advanced
I really really hope you mean dj and not me O_o.

QuantumDelta
23-05-04, 15:10
On one occasion, when you two fucked up was an op returned.
Why?

-We were already talking to them (Eg; the whole of the rest of the council at the time) WHEN YOU ATTACKED.

As for your other comments, those are total bullshit and anyone that has ever seen me at an op fight will tell you otherwise Ž.Ž
My PPU is easily the most influential character at any op fight he attends regardless of who it's against.
My PE would Kamikaze into enemy held ops before the rest of the clan got there, simply to take their attention away from the main gate so as everyone else could pour in unhampered.
Normally I'd dance around enemy PPUs until they fucked up and died -- repeatedly I've dived into an op and killed PPUs alone yea sure I died to the rest of the enemy clan but the difference between losing a PE at an op fight and a PPU is one I deemed worthy.
My Tank would rince the floor with any APUs he could find then target Spies.

Shows how much attention you paid, isn't it?

As for chasing people who ran outta op wars;
Point - what is the?
Consolidate your gains and don't get drawn away so your forces at the focal point are weakened.
Though someone doesn't seem to understand tactics.

naimex
23-05-04, 15:33
I admit openly, I donīt uderstand tactics.

Simply because of the fact that no tactics work if the enemy does something that wasnt accounted for in the plan.

I saw on more occations where you didnīt fight.

The point about chasing people through zones is so they donīt get to live to tell the tale, or amass a new army.

And those things you described, I never seen you once do any of those..
Every war I only seen you standing talking, or standing looking on top of a building.

And it was 3 opīs you gave back, from 2 different clans..
All of hostile faction.

We never fucked up, people yelled for an OP, give us an OP, we need an OP.
We took it, because you didnīt want to.

And if you are so immortal as you claim, then come back to the game.

own people as you describe it, and you will see, that it is not done that way anymore, not even close to it.

QuantumDelta
23-05-04, 15:42
Stop trying, stop lying.

Either that or you are mis-remembering.

People have taken so many shots at me stuff like this naimex, you aren't even saying things that are even half truths.

I don't need to claim immortality, or uberness.
My performance and competition levels were proved repeatedly.

People yelled for an op we got involved in op wars however as the council realised honour was something we'd have to account for.

At the time you were talking about we were in a really weird diplomatic situation and eventually jumped in on a war because one side had tried to fool us, and tried to get us to dirty our names.
Heh, ironically you were one of those people that fell for that trick, which is why we gave back the op.
And why, later, we joined that very same side against the people who'd been trying to manipulate us.
If I hadn't been busy at the time and logged off soon after I would have explained it properly, but in short;
You got nubed.

naimex
23-05-04, 15:48
you got nubed

actually I didnīt.

I just gave the members what they wanted.

And I wasnīt told of any "diplomatic negotiations"

and definitely wasnīt told about any tricks.

Wonder why you failed to tell that back then, and tell it now.
Maybe you are mis-remembering, or have gotten high on your own reputation.

me and leto took the OP from that times "War Falcons" that was the first we took.

then you showed up and gave it back to them, even though they were TT and we were FA, which made us enemies.

and 2 more ops were given back to War Falcons and The Bitches.

Cruzbroker
23-05-04, 15:50
Yes, Let's close this thread too. :rolleyes:

n3m
23-05-04, 15:56
I'm confused, thought this was about the Filter Heart 2 :confused:

QuantumDelta
23-05-04, 15:58
I don't even remember TB holding any ops Ž.Ž

WF were a trade skill only clan.
One we had an agreement with which had already been posted in the clan forum.

You and your ever so pvp skilled 1337 character whiped out all of 3 ubar tradies -_-

n3m -- it was, but, naimex is trying his hardest to devalue my argument.
Which, he is only succeeding in making himself look like a moron.

But hey, if he needs to resort to personal Ģ)(%& to try to win an argument he's still losing, I'm not one to stop him Ž.Ž
I don't need to hide behind mods.
But then, that means I run the risk of them picking on me.
And since it's normally the "snapping at my heels" naimex-type-people who do it, to me a lot, I tend to get picked on by mods who can't see that.

Fortunately, most can.

naimex
23-05-04, 15:59
I don't even remember TB holding any ops Ž.Ž

WF were a trade skill only clan.
One we had an agreement with which had already been posted in the clan forum.

You and your ever so pvp skilled 1337 character whiped out all of 3 ubar tradies -_-

they had a few.

Cruzbroker
23-05-04, 16:19
they had a few.

Oh noes.

jernau
23-05-04, 19:16
That was an error on my part.
According to the loot tables only t-leapers, t-raptos, d-horrors and d-brutes drop em.
And some worms.

s0apy
23-05-04, 21:59
I'm confused, thought this was about the Filter Heart 2 :confused:

it is, only with a sideline in folks who make unjustified, unsustainable, incorrect and yet strangely resolute statements about things being useless, and then attempt to back them up by attacking some of the oldest and most respected members of the community, and then further compounding the strategy by engaging in a war of words with same over things far beyond and above their lifeview and comprehension.

but to get back on topic - anyone here believe the FH2's current rarety is deliberate, or simply the result of the hugely incompetant job that has, as yet, been done on loot tables and loot drop rates since the beginning of retail? (for anyone who doesn't believe drop rates are still a mystery even to KK high command, see the great lvl3 imp drought of early retail; the lvl1 imp drought all the way up till about 5 months ago; the great strange book drought, then flood, then drought; the complete revamping of loot tables and drop rates currently being tested on TS).

my guess is that FH2's will soon become as common as EXPHRT2s (as, using mere logic, they should be) if loot tables and drop rates ever get sorted. IF.

the only alternative to this senario that i can see is that they'll change things so that you'll need to cap END (114?), or near, to even be able to walk without stopping for breath, thereby making some of the other hearts actually useful.

Shadow Dancer
23-05-04, 22:23
I have NEVER gotten a FH2. :(

Dribble Joy
23-05-04, 22:25
I want a FH3.

extract
23-05-04, 22:45
I have gotten at least a dozen FH2 since Ive played

and they were all gotten by my APU who is now my PPU, but i seriously got that many in about a 2 month span trying to cap his psi inbetween cave runs when noone was about at crp....

every single FH2 I have gotten has been off a terror leaper.....I have killed all mobs, and lots of times, and i have never seen them drop off anything else

Jesterthegreat
24-05-04, 00:57
i've yet to figure out a setup for my PE that doesn't benefit from FH2 more than any other heart - not just for tanks.

look. other hearts add to CON, END or HLT, with minuses to POR or XRR. but you don't actually need CON for anything other than as a req for a heart, sure it adds a little HP, but only a very little. you don't need END either - whatever you get from an xray chest is enough (it's on the limit - true, but with STA boosters it's enough). HLT you get at the expense of POR or sometimes both POR and XRR, an expense that you cannot make up with the saving on "real" HLT CON points.

the basic thing you have to bear in mind with the FH2 is that it has NO real malus. -5 CON? big fukin deal. 15 XRR is worth around 45 real CON points to me, and the extra POR is gravy too. the only hit i take is 5 or so HP, and a slightly lower than ususal /xx rank.

FH2, effectively, drags and squeezes out the very last drop of your CON points - used correctly, with a very optimised CON setup, and it does better than any other heart.

as an aside on POR, remember that certain melee weapons will be doing small amounts of direct (yes, direct) poison damage come the next patch. ignore it at your lasting peril :)

i think all of my PE setups use a STR heart 2. i tend to spec alot of body health on my PE's

Darth Slayer
24-05-04, 10:20
I want a FH3.
Your Greedy tho........ :lol:
Mr I'm crap at PvP and continually wops my ass in Neofrag......... :rolleyes:
As for Naimex and QD I consider both to be friends but in defence of QD, every op fight I've been too for or against SSC QD's been there and fighting.
Naimex seriously if you've got a FH2 spec your tank for it.

Scorpius.

LiL T
24-05-04, 13:27
Use what ever heart gives you the most body health you will benifit more from this as those extra points can be put into xray and posion or left in body health.

s0apy
24-05-04, 14:01
Use what ever heart gives you the most body health you will benifit more from this as those extra points can be put into xray and posion or left in body health.

it doesn't quite work like this i'm afraid.

look at the str heart 2, giving +10 to HLT, which if you've gotten your HLT up to a reasonable level for a tank or PE (between 100-110), is going to be worth the equivalent of around 20 CON points (i'm figuring on +33 from buffs and imps). then minus 15 POR, overall you got 5 CON points.

FH2 gives +10 XXR and +15 POR. given the xray armour options for a tank or PE, you're going to want XXR to be higher than 50, so the XXR is worth 30 points, the POR probably just the 15, so 45 in total.

even without a moveon, the FH2 still provides the best value in a balanced CON PvP setup.

having said all that, if you don't care about POR at all, and you want your HLT to be above 110, then yes the STR heart 2 provides better value.