PDA

View Full Version : Microphone Problem

HatchetRyda
22-05-04, 19:40
Yea.. So, I keep going on Ventrillo, Yahoo, Counter - Strike.. No one can hear me at all.. Im useing Soundmax drivers, it is on-board sound. I uninstalled the drivers and re-installed. Anyone got suggestions.. My coomputer "says" it sees the Mic.. Im pissed.

Drake6k
22-05-04, 19:42
Check the volume and make sure it isn't muted anywhere. You can test in windows sound recorder before getting into a game or whatever.

HatchetRyda
22-05-04, 20:22
I tried that.. If, I un-mute it gives off really bad static. I mean it is always muted but works fine.. Voljume is up and all

{MD}GeistDamnit
22-05-04, 21:53
ha ha no yappin on vent, I will miss u :p

Golbez

EDIT: run the wizzard it should do it, if not check the imputs.

Agent L
23-05-04, 02:12
Unmute it to do some testing with HEADPHONES not loudspeakers. If you hear yourself but static is very high, check if mic cable is properly shielded. Most cheap "computer" mics come with utter crappy cables that are good only at introducing that static.

General tips:
- experiment with "20dB mic boost" or "gain" or smth like that under "advanced". Most passive mics need that boost.
- be aware that there are 2 separate mixers, one for playback, and one for recording. In playback mic should be muted to prevent feedback, in recording it have to be "selected" as current source and nonzero volume set.
- check out your snd jacks config. In some cases mic-in socket can work as rear-out or center+subwoofer-out.

- if you can record through mic to sndrecorder and play it back ok, all above are OK :P Maybe your card can't fullduplex or must be reconfigured to do fullduplex?

HatchetRyda
23-05-04, 02:53
close please