PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous E-Mail account for reporting exploits to KK

naimex
22-05-04, 18:00
As some of you may know, reporting exploits doesn´t always go unpunished.

so I took JesterTheGreats idea and setup a hotmail account for that purpose

plz, do NOT use this for spam, and whatnot :

[ link removed - please see closing post ]

Nidhogg
22-05-04, 18:15
OK, so this is an account for people to email exploits@neocron.com from. That's fine. We would not want people to hold back from reporting exploits or cheats because they felt they would be also be accused. Thread re-opened.

N

Jesterthegreat
22-05-04, 18:33
thank you for reopening this.

yes to further clarify this address would be to send exploits from. you would simply use this address to contact KK, without fear of them accusing you.

tiikeri
22-05-04, 18:36
But what are the common known exploits? GR? Box?

Nidhogg
Do not discuss exploits.

N

Marx
Um, no matter what your intentions, I feel uneasy e-mailing cheats and exploits to another player.

naimex
22-05-04, 18:37

dont think common think ALL

if there is an exploit, you report it..

well not many did before, but now you can do it anonymously.

if you know of an exploit report it.

Um, no matter what your intentions, I feel uneasy e-mailing cheats and exploits to another player.

what player ??

you are emailing KK, from the email. not emailing to the email.

Nidhogg
22-05-04, 18:38

You don't email them to naimex. He's just set up a public email account that you can use to email us from.

N

Marx
22-05-04, 18:39
You don't email them to naimex. He's just set up a public email account that you can use to email us from.

NYeah, but if someone forgets to erase the sent draft, or forgets not to allow it to make a copy of the sent draft... Then anyone else who logs on can see a posted exploit... Which could end up being very messy.

tiikeri
22-05-04, 18:39
No i was just wondering what from the 100 shots gallery i start to mail :)

Jesterthegreat
22-05-04, 18:40

use the account that naimex gave the details too.

i would suggest ensuring the outbox / sent folder is whiped after each use though... wouldnt want people reading the emails.

use that account to send from not to

Nidhogg
22-05-04, 18:45
Thread renamed.

N

Jesterthegreat
22-05-04, 18:50
Yeah, but if someone forgets to erase the sent draft, or forgets not to allow it to make a copy of the sent draft... Then anyone else who logs on can see a posted exploit... Which could end up being very messy.

this is indeed a problem. also do KK send a reply with the message attatched to show they recieved it? if so this should go to.

tbh the best way to do it would be to have a page to report exploits on the website. just putthe details in and click send. no account to trace, no replies / drafts to worry about... and its more professional than the community arranging ways to get exploit details to the devs O_o

naimex
22-05-04, 19:00
this is indeed a problem. also do KK send a reply with the message attatched to show they recieved it? if so this should go to.

tbh the best way to do it would be to have a page to report exploits on the website. just putthe details in and click send. no account to trace, no replies / drafts to worry about... and its more professional than the community arranging ways to get exploit details to the devs O_o

that would indeed be better... to have a form you could just sent through to them.

Nidhogg
22-05-04, 19:00
After thinking about this and considering some of the posts above I've come to the conclusion that this is not a good idea (although it is well intentioned). I'm therefore going to close it (again :p) and remove the link but in closing I'd like to reassure people that they should not be afraid to email exploits to KK. No one has ever been banned for reporting exploits unless they had been found to also have been one of the exploiters. ;)

N