PDA

View Full Version : droner armour

Superbron
22-05-04, 15:07
Hi,

Does anybody know why there isn't any droner armour? Every class has its own power armour except for the droners. This doesn't make sense to me.

Greetz

naimex
22-05-04, 15:09
because some people are afraid that a spy that cant live to tell the tale of "1 clip" will pawn their Kingīs asses.

In other words... itīs not there yet, because not enough of the playerbase think that droners deserve/need it

EDIT :

It would be the of the world to have a Droner that could have a tradeskill too :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
22-05-04, 16:28
each class has 2 weapons types of PA.

spies have rc / pc. Callash said there would only be 2 for each class to help balance (which is BS imo).

however Callash promised droners a treat at the time of PE / Spy PA release...

we are patiently waiting... hopeing this "treat" wasnt just the new drones. all weapon types have got new weapons... i dont see this as a treat!

TheGreatMilenko
22-05-04, 19:46
now wheres my HC PE PA :p

Jesterthegreat
22-05-04, 19:50
now wheres my HC PE PA :p

I'll assume thats an attempt at humor...

Furion
22-05-04, 19:56
Yea, i think callash said that if he gave droners their PA, then the pistol tanks, HC PEs etc would start whining for PAs too. that is just crap, cuz spies are the only ones with 3 main combat skills (im not counting hybrids) so they should have 3 PAs, its as simple as that....

Jesterthegreat
22-05-04, 20:07
Yea, i think callash said that if he gave droners their PA, then the pistol tanks, HC PEs etc would start whining for PAs too. that is just crap, cuz spies are the only ones with 3 main combat skills (im not counting hybrids) so they should have 3 PAs, its as simple as that....

and PE's, the supposed JoaT's should have none... jack of all trades should not have class specific armour / items

of course think of the community reaction if this were to happen. droners should get something... however its not like droner imps are useless... i have more than +50 in both RCL and WLP from implants alone

-Demon-
22-05-04, 20:08
PA is not going to be for a droner...think about the role of a droner...should be far away for the real fighting and use the drones and never have to worry about the 1 clip of ammo as they should be well hidden.

They already have improved implants including an mc5 chip(not so long ago droner imps were up'd) and drones.

Calash has said no armor and if i could be bothered you could find the exact reasons.

I beleive a helmet was being talked about but that was the community not Calash.

Jesterthegreat
23-05-04, 00:26
PA is not going to be for a droner...think about the role of a droner...should be far away for the real fighting and use the drones and never have to worry about the 1 clip of ammo as they should be well hidden.

They already have improved implants including an mc5 chip(not so long ago droner imps were up'd) and drones.

Calash has said no armor and if i could be bothered you could find the exact reasons.

I beleive a helmet was being talked about but that was the community not Calash.

the exact reasons were that thereis 2 types of tank PA (MC / HC), 2 types of psi PA (APU / PPU) and 2 types of PE PA (PC / RC). and it was decided that there could only be 2 types of spy PA too.

the types of spy PA was chosen by the community (i believe RC / RCL was the origional plan, but pistol spies [including myself at the time] kicked up a fuss). Callash promised that droners would not be forgoten, however i hope that just adding implants (which should have been in at retail launch) and new drones (which were released alongside new pistols / rifles / heavy weapons) was not what he was talking about.

i still feel there should be an equivalent of Droner armour, although not necessarily in armour. a helmet for example would allow a droner to wear PC/ RC PA and droner PA and get a large resist / dex boost.

however droners probably have the best boni due to implants. they can get over 50 added to each main skill (Remote control and Willpower) from implants. so this is hardly a big issue.

the main problem a droner faces is the numerous bugs. 3rd person / 1st person is annoying... but not top priority. drones not launching etc until a relog seriously effects their combat efficiancy and i would like to see this fixed ASAP.

ZoomZoom
23-05-04, 00:31
erm droner = spy = spy pa :angel:

Mumblyfish
23-05-04, 00:33
The last thing this game needs is more PAs.

"Oooh, clones! I've knackered me tights!"

enigma_b17
23-05-04, 00:37
"i still feel there should be an equivalent of Droner armour, although not necessarily in armour. a helmet for example would allow a droner to wear PC/ RC PA and droner PA and get a large resist / dex boost."

personally i dont think Droners should get pa, every other class gets pa cause their "physical" bodies engage in combat, even snipers get hit. But i do agree that droners should get something new, maybe a glove of sorts (Droning Interface) which gives bonus's to droning skills :D

Judge
23-05-04, 00:39
and PE's, the supposed JoaT's should have none... jack of all trades should not have class specific armour / items

PEs are not Joats. Don't make me bitch slap you.

Jesterthegreat
23-05-04, 01:21
PEs are not Joats. Don't make me bitch slap you.

supposed being in bold was still not noticed?

no... PE's are not JoaT's. that is not what i was saying. they could be if you set one up to be... however they are more effective as the cookie cutter non-JoaT's

:edit: @everyone else... you are saying things i said and claiming to use that as an arguement against me...

i said they use spy PA's, i also said if there was a drone helmet / glove put in they would use the helmet / glove AND PA, thus overpowering them IMO (unless the helmet / glove was purely +RCL / WLP and no resists / stat boost)

Judge
23-05-04, 01:24
Ah sorry. I thought that you were saying they were. My bad.

Clownst0pper
23-05-04, 01:30
The drone "pa" for want of a better word should be made up of two items.

A helmet which by choice takes you off local, only when stationary

And a glove, which gives you remote control and will power.

Just what I would like..

enigma_b17
23-05-04, 01:37
"A helmet which by choice takes you off local, only when stationary

And a glove, which gives you remote control and will power."

hell yea to the glove but no to the pa which takes u off local. Its the droners responsiblity to find somewhere safe to hide, if they leave them selves out in the open wher ppl can find them then they deserve to die :P

Spikadelia
23-05-04, 01:46
The drone "pa" for want of a better word should be made up of two items.

A helmet which by choice takes you off local, only when stationary

And a glove, which gives you remote control and will power.

Just what I would like..

:D :D :D :D :D

Keep talking....keep talking. I love it when you talk dirty.

Now as for Callash he broke my heart with all his fancy words..... all those empty promises.

I hope you droner guys will have the patience to wait for me trying to sort you out. A retail patch is imminent though, so for now, I just had to decide somehow. If my plans work, you will get your PA. Hell, if my plans work, most people will be screaming "BOOYA", trust me on that one. But right now, I am asking for a bit more patience. I know you're upset and disappointed now. Give me a chance to make it up for you.

Sweet talking son of a b#*$h. Promised he'd call. That was fifteen months ago.

o_O o_O o_O

Clownst0pper
23-05-04, 01:50
"A helmet which by choice takes you off local, only when stationary

And a glove, which gives you remote control and will power."

hell yea to the glove but no to the pa which takes u off local. Its the droners responsiblity to find somewhere safe to hide, if they leave them selves out in the open wher ppl can find them then they deserve to die :P

Most droners dont have the ability to stealth, as it isnt a luxury we can afford (unless you have an Mc5, and even then its only stealth one)

Taking us off local will give us some ability to hide greater, as atm, the best hiding places are only available if we use a hover tech, and that imho, is pretty lame :rolleyes:

even tho im a bitch for it

enigma_b17
23-05-04, 12:46
i have a droner myself m8, i like it, but as much as i would like to be invisible it just isnt fair to others. its hard enough to find a droner as it is, in an op war anyway. The whole disadvantage of droning is that u leave ur body completely exposed to attack, so u need to find somewhere safe to hide.

VetteroX
23-05-04, 13:23
Im sick of the droner whining... you got more powerful drones, thats all you should get, now stfu... I have fought with droners who pked with me at MB and I watched drones absolutely ******** capped tanks/monks and I have fought against drones, and had to find cover... just because you cant kill a capped tank with your damn satalite in orbit thats untargetable and never misses before he runs 15 ft to the zoneline does mean your under powered.

Try to think of the people on the ground who cant target the drone, and cant dodge the fire, no matter how fast they run or how much they zig zag, often while trying to fight other people.

Darth Slayer
23-05-04, 14:06
Im sick of the droner whining... you got more powerful drones, thats all you should get, now stfu... I have fought with droners who pked with me at MB and I watched drones absolutely ******** capped tanks/monks and I have fought against drones, and had to find cover... just because you cant kill a capped tank with your damn satalite in orbit thats untargetable and never misses before he runs 15 ft to the zoneline does mean your under powered.

Try to think of the people on the ground who cant target the drone, and cant dodge the fire, no matter how fast they run or how much they zig zag, often while trying to fight other people.
I take it you don't like drones....... :D
Most ppl I fight can target drones so maybe u need to learn some anti drone fighting skills. (Notice I never said anything about your PVP skills which I'm told are quite good ).

Anyways How do u hide when your always on local. A helmet to remove u from local would be cool.
Btw I stealth and I tradeskill and I never have a problem killing my targets.
Mind u I reckon they should just remove local full stop.

Scorpius.

Clownst0pper
23-05-04, 14:12

Vet, admitadly drones are very potent, however, while to you it may seem that we "r a p e" there are so many problems offensivly and defensivly with drones, the main is that almost all classes have a long distance weapon, Tanks is ravager, APU is Holy Lighting, PE is rifles. The only two exceptions is melee tank, and low tech pistol PE.

When a drone gets hit vet, not only does you go blind with an insane flash (you cannot see anything) but this flash lasts 3 seconds, during this time, if you are hit again, the flash lasts 3 more seconds (Continually for this 6 seconds you cannot see ANYTHING) and it continues until your drone is destroyed, or you get lucky, and the APU/Ravager tank misses your drone.

If our drone does get destroyed, we have the flight time to get back there, and then the SI to wait. And if a PPU is present, well, you might not even bother.

As for power armour, yes we need it, were the only class in the game which cannot afford to spec anything but our primary skill, as unlike yourself with your artefact weaponry, we have to put up with 89% quality BP made drones, which take hours to research and construct. And of course I havnt even mentioned the bugs yet.

So yes, we need power armour to give us the ability to spec something more than willpower and remote control. And has been said, if we are never off local, how can we ever be proporly hidden?

Sorry vet, but play a droner, then come back to this thread.

Jesterthegreat
24-05-04, 00:20

"drones have the power to kill people... they should get no more new things"

?

i believe there have also been new pistols / rifles / heavy weapons / spells. there are also new MC weapons awaiting introduction.

Whats the problem...

Spikadelia
24-05-04, 00:53

Ah Droners.......... one of your pet hates eh Vet?
I check in on the drone threads out of interest and the one common denominator over the months is you ranting about the rants, whining about the whines.

It's almost pathological.

Like a wee child that got hit on the noggin by a wee paper plane in it's childhood and the scars have never healed?

Fear of flying o_O ?

Furion
24-05-04, 00:54
hehe, nice one spikadelia...

anyway, we shouldnt let this topic die out, we want droner PA!!

LiL T
24-05-04, 01:03
Droning is for people who want to kill without having to actually fight today at MB there was this PN blasting the crap out of people it was way in the sky untargetable. I scanned the whole zone for the droner I could not find him he must have been in a place I could not get too maybe the cliff? anyway its total crap another one of these stupid things in the game. If a drone is after you your DEAD simple theres no way to survive or hide no way to destroy it as its often way up there and it never misses total crap :mad:

I mean if you wanted to you could have 4 droners one in each corner of the zone at MB and camp the place nobody would be able to leave or enter the base.

extract
24-05-04, 03:03
first off when any class has to have over 210 RC/PC/HC/MC and then have over 190 in either WPL/PSU to cap ONLY dmg on their highest weapon, then you come talk in this thread about droners not needing PA.....

rifle spies, pistol spies, can use obliterator, drive hovertech, decent agility, hack at least 120 with SF and SA.....and can cap DMG on disruptor/slasher

droner spy.....can use stealth 1, drive hovertech, NO AGILITY...some hack at a drastic cost to dmg on ur drone dmg....I personally have 100 base....oh and i get 122% dmg on my TL 120 drone.....yep you are right we are fine as we are...the only class that actually has to specilize...and go pure just to cap a weapon....

piss off you haters

even with the slight increase on the SRI...its still not enough to get aywhere close to capping the drones.....and were talking about player built drones here. of course it would be alot easier to cap rare built drones....

but anyone who is a droner and OP wars knows that using rare drones in most situations is worthless....just today at 3 op wars, I lost roughly 6 raptors, 5 mosquitos, 2 particle nems, and at least 20 revenges.......(dont even want to count the ones lost due to stupid bugs....ie getting stuck in OP walls, anttenaes etc etc).....the constant static flash when getting hit, then boom its gone....4% SI....oh shit im found, 4% SI and just barely enuf TC to use stealth 1 when no SI....ffs, you people have no fucking clue, no fucking clue at all, you thing just cause we arent in ur face that were untouchable.....i die more to being found than i do just running across an enemy....

and come on lets face it, there are only SO MANY places a droner will go to hide, most of our good drones, IE mosquito have fuck all for range, so we gotta be close.....give me a fucking break

so all these excuses here by you people here can kiss my arse

Droning is for people who want to kill without having to actually fight today at MB there was this PN blasting the crap out of people it was way in the sky untargetable.

this is bullshit too, the PN has a awesome range as far as flight from droner, but the range between drone and target is shite....there is no way it was untargetable, and still doing dmg to someone, so quit tryin to sugarcoat the hating going on in here

LiL T
24-05-04, 05:22
haha mate have you ever tryed to fight a damn drone with a pistol FFS its just about impossible plus the drone warps through walls and stuff. I don't think drones need any more power if your drones are being lost then learn to fly them.

extract
24-05-04, 06:29
haha mate have you ever tryed to fight a damn drone with a pistol FFS its just about impossible plus the drone warps through walls and stuff. I don't think drones need any more power if your drones are being lost then learn to fly them.

right on, and if your having a problem with drones shooting you, learn how to kill em

Darth Slayer
24-05-04, 10:09
Drones warping throu walls, well fuck me I want that bug........ :lol:
All my drones get stuck on walls and antannae etc etc.
Most drones that get 'lost' LiL T are lost due to bugs, think on this how would you like it if 4 times out of 10 your gun would dissappear, to reappear at your feet a minute later or refuse to fire ? Or that you ran up to a wall and got stuck like a fly on fly paper h'mmmm ?
Those are only some of the bugs.

Scorpius.

VetteroX
24-05-04, 17:00
I do have a droner... I have all classes and have fought all classes. I know what its like... My scread does not go fuzzy for 3 seconds when hit. look at your watch, and count that out loud. its 2 seconds... and yes in a fight a second makes a difference. if the dot is anywhere near your target, you always hit dead on... so aiming as a droner takes no skill. People cant ever dodge the shots by zig zagging. When a drone is at max height, it is impossible to hit unless you are a monk... even then its hard as hell. Often you CAN'T find them, and people use exploits to hide in places they shouldn't be able to. (lol, tell me nc has no exploits)

What it comes down to is, if you want pa, if you want better quility drones, if you want to hide on local list, then you need to make sacrafices. You must get a recticle... omg, think about that... you will have AIM, and people who dodge might actually be able to dodge some shots! Your drone will have more power, so it will need a bigger hit box, so I can actually fight back! And they need to fix the exploits in hiding, a few of which I can name, but that isn't allowed on this forum.

I HAVE a droner... why dont you droners go attack MB or TG, as a tank/pe/monk/spy (preferably a char who cant stealth) and see how much you like it with a drone bombing you from orbit while you try to fight other people.

LiL T
24-05-04, 17:23
Drones warping throu walls, well fuck me I want that bug........ :lol:
All my drones get stuck on walls and antannae etc etc.
Most drones that get 'lost' LiL T are lost due to bugs, think on this how would you like it if 4 times out of 10 your gun would dissappear, to reappear at your feet a minute later or refuse to fire ? Or that you ran up to a wall and got stuck like a fly on fly paper h'mmmm ?
Those are only some of the bugs.

Scorpius.

Yeah like today I was just at an op war the PN I could get about 4 or 5 hits on it with my libby then I chased it as it seemed to warp through walls fences you name it. It even went inside a fucking tree how lovely untargetable If i had a way to record it to show you with out lowering my FPS I would. I don't lie never do it is probly lag but since I live in england quite close to germany with a nice ADSL connection and its only the drones that warp through the walls. Well it must be a problem for many people go and try hit a drone with a pistol a cannon or whatever then come back and tell me how easy it is to kill a drone O_o

LiL T
24-05-04, 17:25
I have played a droner I know the bugs you are on about and yes they should be fixed but you are asking for a droner PA to make you more powerfull get back to the topic eh :rolleyes:

Disturbed021
24-05-04, 18:28
[QUOTE=VetteroX]
What it comes down to is, if you want pa, if you want better quility drones, if you want to hide on local list, then you need to make sacrafices. You must get a recticle... omg, think about that... you will have AIM, and people who dodge might actually be able to dodge some shots! Your drone will have more power, so it will need a bigger hit box, so I can actually fight back! And they need to fix the exploits in hiding, a few of which I can name, but that isn't allowed on this forum.
[QUOTE]

Fine with me, as long as APU monkeys have to get a recticle too. :D

extract
24-05-04, 19:39
I do have a droner... I have all classes and have fought all classes. I know what its like... My scread does not go fuzzy for 3 seconds when hit. look at your watch, and count that out loud. its 2 seconds... and yes in a fight a second makes a difference. if the dot is anywhere near your target, you always hit dead on... so aiming as a droner takes no skill. People cant ever dodge the shots by zig zagging. When a drone is at max height, it is impossible to hit unless you are a monk... even then its hard as hell. Often you CAN'T find them, and people use exploits to hide in places they shouldn't be able to. (lol, tell me nc has no exploits)

2 seconds 3 seconds, no difference imo, mainly because either way you cant see shit, and in an OP war id rather not just keep shooting when im all fuzzy, Ive accidentally tossed a few raptor hits on my own teamates when that has happened, and no its not having no skill, its called cant see shit and in an OP war where everyone is everywhere its not hard to hit ur own team when u cant see shit, so your arguement here is one of total BS....and aiming as droner takes no skill? rofl, same goes for APUs and melee then buddy....at least on an apu or melee tank when u let go of the forward key u stop dead still, on a drone you have to stop by countering the direction you are going....I hit with more accuracy on an apu than i do my droner....beleive that....on drones ur not just going forward backward left right, like on apu melee, your also going up and down, so dont give me that shit either......and as far as flying at max hieght....you come here when you can honestly tell me a drone that will be able to hit anything on the ground when at max hieght with that so called kind of accuracy, unless ur really worried about those red laser shooting drones....didnt think so....

and hiding where people cant find them....gee i thought that was the whole point....here we go with the drop trow in middle of op fight and launch drone and hope meatsack doesnt get slaughtered mentality....but let me guess vet, this would be more honorable, I wouldnt be a coward if i did this right?

puhlease.....

I HAVE a droner... why dont you droners go attack MB or TG, as a tank/pe/monk/spy (preferably a char who cant stealth) and see how much you like it with a drone bombing you from orbit while you try to fight other people.

I have, on a low tech pistol PE no less, at gabanium, he kept slamming me with a PN...i outhealed it, and killed it, cause we all know a PN cant fly high enough to hit people and not be targetable, nor mosquito/raptor....so he got his little AOE rocket that was flying real high i went in OP stood next to YOs guy, he killed at least 3 of them....it was funny, he stopped coming after me after that....garuntee u he wasnt in plaza that day, call that lame, but i combated something i couldnt see or shoot, problem solved, cant blame me I was smart enough to find cover and concealment instead of dying running around like some hardcore "im no carebear" mentality..

but on the droner side of things....itll be even more fun when PEs lose their stealth....I cant wait....ill surmount a tasty amount of belts on that fine day.....

Clownst0pper
24-05-04, 19:51
Vet you really have no clue.

You do have to target players, just like an APU has to.

You cant just click in there vacinity and it will hit them, if you hadnt realised all bullets and lasers, and spells track players once youve targeted there box and fire, why should mosquito be any different?

And when ur high high in the sky, ur turning arch, to face down and shoot is incredibly small, less than 45 degrees, it makes it a pain in the ass to shoot people.

And honestly vet, is it not a droners job to launch out, and pic off runners in the waist lands who have strayed from there PPU support, just get into cover, thats not to say it will save your life, but its a bloody better option.