PDA

View Full Version : Any 1 else having this "feature" or what

tiikeri
21-05-04, 21:47
Almost everytime i hunt techs @ BD.. i'll be encountered with these annoying SPIDERBOTS!.. and as for being melee tank, i charge them, give a couple whacks and suddenly they are still taking hit, but the "life-bar" stays put. once i chased one bitch for 5min and it still shooting me, and all i can see are the bloody damagenumers rising up from it.

Same thing applyes sometimes Mad Copbots.

So is this melee bug/feature, or is it just me? (i watched my ping and bw all the time.. and they were alright)

Jest
21-05-04, 21:49
It happens even in PvP sometimes. I think its just the way player/mob locations are calculated. I'm not sure when it will be fixed or even if it will, it seems like theyd have to rework a lot of code.

plague
21-05-04, 21:51
hehe, yes i notised same thing with me melee tankor, their life bar freezes for some time, there was one time when i was whaking that thing with dg for about whole 2 minutes i could kill 4 wb's in that time. heh yes and its not a bug it a feature, i love this game it got so many dfferent features lol

tiikeri
21-05-04, 21:52
Oh yea.. :) have noticed this one in pvp too like u said.. and have had many weird things too when killing s 1. like spy running high up in air and couldnt hit him (took a nice screenshot of it tho its on my home comp [work atm]).

I have encountered this "flying-guy" thing couple times too.

Clownst0pper
21-05-04, 21:52
Have it all the time - Run ahead of them, and turn round, and swipe at them even tho your target box isnt on them, it will damage them

jiga
22-05-04, 00:02
I just died from this bug

J. Folsom
22-05-04, 00:07
That's a pretty old bug with melee.

Basically, the problem is caused by the fact that there is usually a slight difference between information as displayed on your client, and as it is on the server. Which is pretty normal in any online environment.

Either way, this causes the infamous bug with your hits not registering, what actually is the case that these small differences between server and client are enough to cause the server to not count your damage, as according to the server you're too far away to hit whatever you're attacking.

I've seen this happen with other weapons as well, but it's most noticable with melee. Though AoE weaponry shows a variation of it pretty well too, as damage shown usually does not equal damage dealt.

RayBob
22-05-04, 00:15
Yep...if they are moving they take no damage. Features! Features! Features!

DonnyJepp
22-05-04, 00:20
spiderbots and sentrys make melee tanks cry from frustration.

It is one of the most infuriating bugs in the game.

Epsilon 5
22-05-04, 02:08
holster and un-holster your weapon again. usually solves it.

yavimaya
22-05-04, 03:19
on my melee PE, the other day i tried to kill a mad copbot, i had him! he hda done almost no dmg to me and i had almost killed him, i needed like 1 more hit.....
Then he starts running away, i stay on the mother fuckers arse... i keeping hitting time after time, but to no avail! long story short, i had to heal twice, my buffs ran out before he died, and i almost died before the copbot.... who needed 1 more hit while i was on full health.....
And its not a feature, its a bug! any mods dare to challenge me!??!

Marx
22-05-04, 04:02
holster and un-holster your weapon again. usually solves it.
No, it really doesn't.

tiikeri
22-05-04, 04:26
nope, it doesn't. i've tried to lower my wpn, give em the stunner and even threw a few fists :)

The netcode sucks, and it should REALLY be checked seriously.

ResurgencE
22-05-04, 08:09
I stopped hunting WBs with my melee tank due to this bug, because the spider bots would just infuriate me. They cant kill me, obviously, but its way too annoying to endure.

The only way to kill them off is to run on the opposite side of the mob and stand in front of them while they walk into you, then hack away at them.

Capt. Rik
22-05-04, 21:53
a couple of weeks ago i lommed Capt. Rik to melee after obtaining some melee rares. 4 days later i lommed back to HC after spending ages attempting to hunt in the 'J' sectors.

It really did make me cry. Spiderbots are just stupid, the health bar bug is awful and the fect that you can't even hunt a WB or 2 in peace without 3 or 4 gate crashing.

Lost 5 STR levels in lomming to MC and back to HC. Not impressed :confused: