PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Nerf

Lexxuk
21-05-04, 19:08
My Idea.

Increase the secondary output on underpowered weapons, whilst keeping primary damage the same, for instance, cursed soul, with heat mod, its energy would still be, for instance 100% of its original, whilst the head modification would increase say 5%, whilst weapons which have a high TL, but lower damage, has their secondary damage, increased to bring them in line with their TL/Class.

Cause of this, make resists have a much more improved action on damage prevention, if previously a cursed soul would do 50 damage, afterwards, the damage for the same person, would be for instance, 40, however, if they are sadly lacking in the secondary damage resists, it would now do 60 damage, so as to make every single point count, and make people have to balance out their resists/armour properly.

Make resists, and resists only, count towards DOT, the higher your resists, the less damage you take from DOT, and, the less time DOT lasts. If previously DOT lasted 5 seconds at 0% resist and did 100 dmg (20 per D) it would now last 10 seconds, and do a lot more damage, at someone with 0 in resists, however, someone with 50% of resist cap, could decrease the DOT to 3 seconds, and the damage to 60.

Make health also play a part in damage resists, the more health you have, the less damage you take, because naturally, to have high health, means your a healthy person so are more likely to be resistant to stuff. So DOT could be worked out at something like DOT = DOT/(resists*health/number) or some weird maths.

So, instead of making things less powerful, you make other stuff more powerful, whilst making peoples ability to protect themselves against them work a lot better, enhancing PVP, because they will last longer!

The only people who could complain about this, are APU monks, as they only have primary damage, but, cest la vie.

Shadow Dancer
21-05-04, 19:12
But CS is already fine. How is this anti-nerf? It just seems to bring about more imbalance.

Lexxuk
21-05-04, 19:14
But CS is already fine. How is this anti-nerf? It just seems to bring about more imbalance.

Read it again, and when you've understood the post, feel free to post again.

Dribble Joy
21-05-04, 19:14
I concur.

Don't fix what ain't broke.

Furion
21-05-04, 19:16
he said, "for instance, cursed soul" using it as an example, while he wants to do this to the underpowered weapons....

Shadow Dancer
21-05-04, 19:20
he said, "for instance, cursed soul" using it as an example, while he wants to do this to the underpowered weapons....

What underpowered weapons? Not only that, but the first part of his post makes it seem like it's only for underpowered weapons, but then the 2nd part makes it seem like it should be for all weapons. That's why I stated that CS is fine.

For example, his last line. Only apu monks would be against it. Why would only they be against it, if this is only for underpowered weapons? That makes no sense whatsoever.

And about more health meaning more defense. Defense/offense ratio of spy/apu/tank/pe is almost perfect. But now he wants to throw a wrench in that when it's not even broken? How is that even anti-nerf? was there some sort of issue with health or something?

No thanks to this idea.

Lexxuk
21-05-04, 19:54

Actually, I want all weapons 2ndry damage to be boosted, but also resists to them to have a much higher effect on protection, so that if you have 114 in resists, your protection from the damage will be huge, but if you only have say, 57, your protection is less than 50% of 114 protection, but yes, underpowered weapons would get a nicer 2ndry dmg boost, which will in turn increase their damage, and hopefully make more people use them.

The health thing is for people to try to strike a health/resist balance though, too little resists, and your higher health will mean nothing, too much resists, and not enough health, and same thing.

@ Dribble - resists *are* broken, well, not so much broken, but not working as intended.

Shadow Dancer
21-05-04, 19:59
The health thing is for people to try to strike a health/resist balance though, too little resists, and your higher health will mean nothing, too much resists, and not enough health, and same thing.

But it's already that way.

Lexxuk
21-05-04, 20:00
But it's already that way.

nope, damage is percentage based, it doesnt give a brass monkey how much health you have.

Cruzbroker
21-05-04, 20:02
REDEEMER!! boost it! "lol".. spam..

Shadow Dancer
21-05-04, 20:04
nope, damage is percentage based, it doesnt give a brass monkey how much health you have.

It's not completely percentage based the way you think.

If you don't think it's that way right now(referring to your statement above) then compare a tank with high health and excellent resists to a tank with high health and no resists. Obviously the one with no resists will take tons more damage.

Scikar
21-05-04, 20:04
*Bzzzt* Wrong.

Damage is not percentage based. There are two things which lead to that conclusion, but it's wrong. First, there is a rule that you cannot kill someone with full HP in one hit. However that only applies to people with very low max HP(i.e. 150 HP) or the SH. Second, as people's health decreases, the damage they take decreases. This isn't because damage is percentage based, but it's because the hitboxes aren't coded properly. If you hit someone in the head and chest enough, they don't take any more damage to those areas, and any damage taken is applied to legs instead, which is why people with low health seem to take low damage. To prove this, try shooting someone in the legs with HL. You see the reverse effect - damage is low initially, then when all leg HP is gone damage increases.

Dribble Joy
21-05-04, 20:13
@ Dribble - resists *are* broken, well, not so much broken, but not working as intended.
Intention being?

resists affect armour, armour affects dmg taken, the scales are not linear, but why should they be?

Lexxuk
21-05-04, 20:40
*Bzzzt* Wrong.

Damage is not percentage based. There are two things which lead to that conclusion, but it's wrong. First, there is a rule that you cannot kill someone with full HP in one hit.

That is because everyone has 33% base resists anyhow, so they naturally resist some of the damage, even a capped Pain Easer onto a /2, head shot, cant kill them in one hit, unless they have synaptic, in which case their base resists are reduced to a point where one hit kills can occur.

@ Dribble, I cant elaborate further, but get two chars, identicle, shot with the same weapon, by the same person, and you can get different results ;)

Obviously the one with no resists will take tons more damage.

Umm, well, yes, very obvious, increasing the resists will decrease the damage they take as a percentage, upto a maximum percentage (76%), but comparing two people with high health, one with, one without resists, its like comparing and apple to a pear.

Shadow Dancer
21-05-04, 20:54
but comparing two people with high health, one with, one without resists, its like comparing and apple to a pear.

You said "this idea is so people can strike a balance between resist/health. A char with high health, and too little resists mean nothing"

I was saying that it's already that way. So that's why I brought up the comparison of the 2 tanks.

j0rz
22-05-04, 00:54
i say un nerf me CS so i can pk all again easy

i have to work since the patch :( i dont like work