PDA

View Full Version : Brainport--weapon mods changes

Mirco
21-05-04, 17:12
How long has it been since you saw someone with a silenced weapon or a flashlight on their rifle? These mods are cool stuff, but spending a slot on one of that range of weapon mods is only preserved those who have a very high slotted weapon and then it is more for show than anything else. Now that mobs get different resist lvls slots are going to get even more precious.

So here is my suggestion. Silencers, scopes, flashlights and laser pointers should be installable on all weapons that have the possibility to do so regardless of slots and will not occupy any slot space when installed.

naimex
21-05-04, 17:17
How long has it been since you saw someone with a silenced weapon or a flashlight on their rifle? These mods are cool stuff, but spending a slot on one of that range of weapon mods is only preserved those who have a very high slotted weapon and then it is more for show than anything else. Now that mobs get different resist lvls slots are going to get even more precious.

So here is my suggestion. Silencers, scopes, flashlights and laser pointers should be installable on all weapons that have the possibility to do so regardless of slots and will not occupy any slot space when installed.

uhh, about 5 hours ago o.O

Flashlight : lets you see in the dark.. in a confined area, and "helps aim" some say.
Laserpointer : looks cool, "helps aim" some say.
Silencer : A must for all snipers, changes the output sound, "helps aim" some say.
Scope : Allows zoom.. helps aim for some.

And yes, I do agree, with a slight change tho.

I still think that EVERY weapon/spell in the game should be allowed to have any of those special mods attached.

ever seen nemesis 2 ?? shes got a knife with laserpointer, which you light at something, and then the knife flys really fast into the exact spot where the laserpointer was.

just let every weapon/spell get a mod.

AND PLEASE !!

We got 10 weaponmod slots, and only 4 weaponmods *hint* *hint*

Heavyporker
21-05-04, 17:37
If you make it so that weaponmods don't need slots, then you need to make it so that only one mod can be *installed* on the weapon at a time.

I mean, look, with slottage, at least you have the possibility of modding with multiple weaponmod effects, hell, even turning them all at the same time...

this means it'd be a bit fairer, no slots needed but only one at a time installable and in effect.

I'd LOVE spells modded with a flashlight...

Dribble Joy
21-05-04, 17:39
The mods, especially a laser on a rifle, can make a huge difference.

Benjie
21-05-04, 17:45
I think it would be better if the Gyro's and Weapon Barrels were removed, and those properties were transfered over to the cooler looking mods.

Scope: Adds scope and increases Range+Condition stats.

Laserpointer: Adds laserpointer and increases Damage+Condition stats.

Silencer: Adds Silencer and increases Recoil+Condition stats.

Flashlight: Adds Flashlight.

Trigger: Increases Frequency+Condition.

sanityislost
21-05-04, 17:50
yea i gotta agree would be better if we change the cooler mods to give the safe effects as the crappy ones.

SiL ..:..

slaughteruall
21-05-04, 18:08
I have a 3 slot libby with a silencer. I love it sounds cool.

Heavyporker
21-05-04, 18:08
addon mods shouldn't give +condition, and laserpointer wouldnt add to damage... I mean, wtf?!

No. keep the gyros and the barrels. They're more than plausible and they give quite decent bonuses.

steweygrrr
21-05-04, 18:37
uhh, about 5 hours ago o.O

Flashlight : lets you see in the dark.. in a confined area, and "helps aim" some say.
Laserpointer : looks cool, "helps aim" some say.
Silencer : A must for all snipers, changes the output sound, "helps aim" some say.
Scope : Allows zoom.. helps aim for some.

Yes I love my 5 slot silenced Commando, don't you? ^^

Oh and by the way, silencer reduces damage as well when enabled. Nice RP touch there seeing as the silencer reduces muzzle velocity.

But yeah, there should be some changes to the ways mods work or increase the variation in available mods.

Clownst0pper
21-05-04, 19:08
The mods should do what there supposed to.

Scope +10% range
Laser + 10% handling (close to aiming :p )
Flashlight should be an external attachment, which is free.

Shadow Dancer
21-05-04, 19:44
I like the idea of only ONE mod per gun that doesn't occupy slots.

I also think spells should get their own unique mods.

Cruzbroker
21-05-04, 19:50
I like the idea of one mod not using slots.

(Then I wouldn't need 5 slots for a laser, scope, silencer, xray/fire ultimated PE...)

Ozambabbaz
21-05-04, 20:45
i was thinking the other day (honest!) about this as well.

And i thought it might be ok with the las-pointer, flashlight, scope and silencer not use the slots, but instead let them take of 10 offa max durability when installed.

So brand new Pain Easer, spank on all 4 add-ons = 80/80

It make sense in a way, since new equipment on the weapon makes for more stuff to malfunction/break.

Whatta ya think?