PDA

View Full Version : Something that caught my attention...

ElFunkyArab
21-05-04, 17:08
If you look in your neocron folder, then terminal there there's a folder named GMTools (Game Master tools?)
with files like;
pak_support_editworld.tsc
pak_warp_2world.tsc
pak_gmloadfile.tsc
pak_dialog_edit.tsc

as i said, it just caught my attention when i was copying some files, and then i figured that maybe the GM's use just the same client, and that all the gm tool are allready in every client, just that no account without GM rights can use them... You'll probably go like: ooh.. ya i knew this ages ago.. but still i just wanted to make myself clear at this point... ;)

naimex
21-05-04, 17:12
If you look in your neocron folder, then terminal there there's a folder named GMTools (Game Master tools?)
with files like;
pak_support_editworld.tsc
pak_warp_2world.tsc
pak_gmloadfile.tsc
pak_dialog_edit.tsc

as i said, it just caught my attention when i was copying some files, and then i figured that maybe the GM's use just the same client, and that all the gm tool are allready in every client, just that no account without GM rights can use them... You'll probably go like: ooh.. ya i knew this ages ago.. but still i just wanted to make myself clear at this point... ;)

no shit sherlock.

I do believe that when you become a GM you get a few extra files, that activates the GM Tools, which would then allow them to do stuff.

(Which still requires them to know what to do, I experienced on test server :p)

but yes, it is the Game Master tools, it´s a KK written "program" whatever you will call it, that reads the game files, and makes a list, of things and all that, and then they can spawn what they want, of items, persons, objects such things.

But I´m not totally sure on that, but I believe that that is what it is. and how it works.

Lexxuk
21-05-04, 17:22
Beginning of Retail, some enterprising cheats, figured out how to use the GM tools, so you had them warping themselves all over the place and stuff. Naturally, they got banned, and it was fixed :p

Moscow
21-05-04, 18:22
As far as I know, Game Master abilities are activated account-wise rather than through the client. If that makes sense, I mean.

Peace.

-Moscow

Saito Hajime
22-05-04, 05:23
Beginning of Retail, some enterprising cheats, figured out how to use the GM tools, so you had them warping themselves all over the place and stuff. Naturally, they got banned, and it was fixed :p

I so hate cheaters, particularly in games where people are paying to play. Its one thing to cheat on your single player console games. But I have never and will never understand why people think its cool to cheat at a game that everyone pays the same to play.

Its a general concept I live by in my life. I hate people who think they are special. Cheaters, Ego maniacs, those assholes who think that the unstated rules of common courtesy on the road do not apply to them, especially those motherflubbers that wanna cram in at the last second at construction.... EAT ORANGE BARRELL, BITCH! I got plenty of insurance and a beater car I wouldnt mind replacing so just TRY ME!

in the immortal words of Tyler Durden;

"You are not a unique and beautiful snowflake, you are the same decaying organic matter as the rest of us."

Pond scum and the shit I wipe off my shoe > cheaters.

naimex
22-05-04, 05:27

"You are not a unique and beautiful snowflake, you are the same decaying organic matter as the rest of us."

Tyler Durden....

thats fight club right ?

Saito Hajime
22-05-04, 05:29
Yea, I love that flick and the line seemed appropriate. So much so I made it my sig for now.

VetteroX
22-05-04, 05:33
maybe the first thing we can agree on.. I DESPISE cheaters/game hackers. Mostly because I hate the fact that I know Im better, but they will wn because they cheat and ruin the game... I dont get them either... who cares if you win because you cheated? I like knowing I won because I was better... not because I hack.

Saito Hajime
22-05-04, 06:17
Well stranger things have happend than me agreeing with Vett. Not many, maybe, but its true. Regardless of your style of play, Cheating is for Teh Limp.

jernau
22-05-04, 06:37
makes a list, of things and all that, and then they can spawn what they want, of items, persons, objects such things.
I don't think they need any special files, just a GM logon and they don't get a spawn-item list in-game. They have to enter numbers from memory or the back of a beer-mat or something into the msg box (eg /gimme item#26262 - I made that up btw ;)).

Other than that though you're pretty much right AFAIK.

/edit - Also, most GMs can't spawn anything.

Ormy
22-05-04, 14:14
I so hate cheaters, particularly in games where people are paying to play. Its one thing to cheat on your single player console games. But I have never and will never understand why people think its cool to cheat at a game that everyone pays the same to play.

Its a general concept I live by in my life. I hate people who think they are special. Cheaters, Ego maniacs, those assholes who think that the unstated rules of common courtesy on the road do not apply to them, especially those motherflubbers that wanna cram in at the last second at construction.... EAT ORANGE BARRELL, BITCH! I got plenty of insurance and a beater car I wouldnt mind replacing so just TRY ME!

Pond scum and the shit I wipe off my shoe > cheaters.

As somebody on this forum said "Cheating in an online game is like faking an orgasm while masturbating". :lol:

Agent L
22-05-04, 14:46
Haha, all differences between GM and normal player is that GM *knows* more commands.

Just kidding ofcoz.