PDA

View Full Version : hc spy w00t

plague
21-05-04, 01:39
Am about to start driving spy with hc so he can drive trikes and gliders when they come out, so my question is how int and dex lvls using vehicles is fast, slow, utterly slow. Was gonna go with pe but after looking at new veh reqs desided not to sine he wouldn't be able to use gliders...Any imput is appreciated. ty

enigma_b17
21-05-04, 03:16
if u want to use gliders then ur not going to be able to use rifles or pistols or drones as i think atm the max veh u need is 101 for the carrier glider, but that aint on the ts anymroe so i cant say for certain

plague
22-05-04, 00:19
if u want to use gliders then ur not going to be able to use rifles or pistols or drones as i think atm the max veh u need is 101 for the carrier glider, but that aint on the ts anymroe so i cant say for certain
yea i am not going t have any combat skill only veh and hc, rep.. So can i lvl int dex using vehicles or no?

enigma_b17
22-05-04, 00:40
u prob can, but it would be slow as hell, ur best bet as a spy is to drone until ur capped, then lom to vehicle use.

Maloch Octavia
22-05-04, 01:17
No, you can't.

Skills do not level whilst driving.

plague
22-05-04, 01:23
No, you can't.

Skills do not level whilst driving.
driving and gunning? str and const does..

CincyFire
22-05-04, 01:23
ick ick ick is all I can muster :wtf:

Scanner Darkly
22-05-04, 03:43
I have a HC spy on saturn -> 50 base STR and most points now in HC ...you can level using a reveller/4x4 chain (best bet once you cap str i reckon as beast gets you in the turret painlessly) or combat hover/assault bike or heavy scorp trike. The problem is that you dont level int and dex very fast, for lack of mobs rather than anything else. If you were to go with a ppu to kill high level mobs hoverever ( Y reps if youre very very brave and a bit of a mentalist, or fire mobs if youre sane) this could be ok. Ive so far only leveled on decayed mobs (decent xp), launchers (was ok when i was lower level) and some hoverbots and such. Its a fun way to level if you have a PPU or a good con setup (I can wear heavy fire belt with my setup).

Just dont expect to level with anything else other than vehicles, since all the cannons under around STR 50, even with hc3 are totally awful against anything harder than an aggie.

Right now my spy is DEX 57 base and still leveling ok, but it is not a breeze up the levels like you get in Chaos (or other) caves. I only skilled that way so I could repair and get enough dex on my pure tradeskilling resser/repper to use a rep glove and have a bit of fun fataling and zoning around the wastes to boot...

[edit] you level con and str while gunning...very nicely too - also whenever you take any damage you level con and a little str (force damage is good for leveling str)

amfest
22-05-04, 03:52
I have a HC spy using heavy assult scorpion trike. I typically hunt all the firemobs. The XP isn't bad at all .. it's just the finding the next mob thing rather than caving and having them handed to you. That character is LE'd with both construction and research abilites. 0 weaponlore. I forogt my exact HC I think it's about 118. Transport isn't that important since it doesn't matter on a vehicle. Just pull into the racetrack right up to the gogu. Even the vendors. You can also loot from the trike without having to get out. I wear all the INQ 1 armor and the trike protects me enough to take down a grim chaser without having to run. Just don't get too close so it doesn't spawn. Just close enough to where the reticle begins to close and if it advances backup .. no problems .. 30 seconds or so later that chaser will be dead :) Carry an Unlabeled laser cannon if you use the scorpion trike so you can draw mobs to you off of cliffs or in heavy mob packs. Reycle is good to recycle your vehicle ammo which weighs a ton.

Jesterthegreat
22-05-04, 04:02
I have a HC spy on saturn -> 50 base STR and most points now in HC ...you can level using a reveller/4x4 chain (best bet once you cap str i reckon as beast gets you in the turret painlessly) or combat hover/assault bike or heavy scorp trike. The problem is that you dont level int and dex very fast, for lack of mobs rather than anything else. If you were to go with a ppu to kill high level mobs hoverever ( Y reps if youre very very brave and a bit of a mentalist, or fire mobs if youre sane) this could be ok. Ive so far only leveled on decayed mobs (decent xp), launchers (was ok when i was lower level) and some hoverbots and such. Its a fun way to level if you have a PPU or a good con setup (I can wear heavy fire belt with my setup).

Just dont expect to level with anything else other than vehicles, since all the cannons under around STR 50, even with hc3 are totally awful against anything harder than an aggie.

Right now my spy is DEX 57 base and still leveling ok, but it is not a breeze up the levels like you get in Chaos (or other) caves. I only skilled that way so I could repair and get enough dex on my pure tradeskilling resser/repper to use a rep glove and have a bit of fun fataling and zoning around the wastes to boot...

[edit] you level con and str while gunning...very nicely too - also whenever you take any damage you level con and a little str (force damage is good for leveling str)

50 base str is very impressive for a spy...

impossible some would say since the cap is infact 40...

amfest
22-05-04, 06:37
50 base str is very impressive for a spy...

impossible some would say since the cap is infact 40...
I think they said that wrong. They most likely implied with all their imps, str cappedthey were 50 str. Maybe they were thinking without drugs. heh. Cause my str is 50 also with all my implants.

Jesterthegreat
22-05-04, 16:18
I think they said that wrong. They most likely implied with all their imps, str cappedthey were 50 str. Maybe they were thinking without drugs. heh. Cause my str is 50 also with all my implants.

ah the 50 being 40 + 3 (zerk 2) +1 (zerk 1) + 3 (str booster 2) + 3 (MOVEON)?

fair enough :)

anyways... i havent seen the glider req's tbh, but if i was making a driver / gunner it would definatly be PE (if at all possible).

PE's can get any stat up to 80-90 (except Psi) with the right setup. i was looking into a PE resser a while back, i cant remember exactly but it was 100+ int on a PE. unless its a class:spy req, it should be possible with a PE

Heavyporker
22-05-04, 18:07
You level STR and CON fastest gunning a vec. Dex rises fairly well, about 40-60% of the STR exp, and INT levels at around the same speed.

You remember though, that the INT and DEX cap on a spy is HIGH, so it'll take almost forever to raise them purely through vec gunning.

Easier to cap a PE through vec gunning... WAY easier.

plague
24-05-04, 07:15
ah the 50 being 40 + 3 (zerk 2) +1 (zerk 1) + 3 (str booster 2) + 3 (MOVEON)?

fair enough :)

anyways... i havent seen the glider req's tbh, but if i was making a driver / gunner it would definatly be PE (if at all possible).

PE's can get any stat up to 80-90 (except Psi) with the right setup. i was looking into a PE resser a while back, i cant remember exactly but it was 100+ int on a PE. unless its a class:spy req, it should be possible with a PE
i had guning pe but i lomed him when i found out that to drive glider u need about 80 int heh bummer......