PDA

View Full Version : Make CRP for a lvling zone !

ZoomZoom
20-05-04, 22:04
The main way to get to crp is by gr and most people cant gr because there is a op so the gr can be blocked etc. also most people go to crp to lvl, i think crp should be made into a lvling zone like el farid because ppl can pointless pk allied factions around crp without loseing sl or faction sym.

EDIT - erm i was gonna put in a pole but my Internet Exporler crashed and this is here for somehow :wtf:

VetteroX
20-05-04, 22:14
LOL what a carebear.... No, dont make crp a leveling zone, its fun to pk people there. In addition, make the caves an anarchy zone, not a hunting zone, so you can pk people in there without penalty.

ZoomZoom
20-05-04, 22:29
:lol: but theres no point in pking if u cant lvl ur player so you can pk

msdong
20-05-04, 23:33
the free GR @ DRT is on the TS. you just have to wait a week or so

hmm, i use to much shortcuts ... :)

tiikeri
20-05-04, 23:39
Lol.. Carebear... what ever..

If u think Zoom is carebear - i'll say ur a feekin nibkiller, and thats atleast as LOW as being a carebear - and i know zoom is far from carebear.

u wanna pk?`then go to pking places, i think lvling places should be considered as HUNTING ground, b'cause thats what ppl do there - hunt mobs. Or do u need a PLAYER KILLING zone to be pleased?

Edit: IMO, CRP should be open GR for all, but then again having OP GR in the same zone and quite close too........

-=Bl@de=-
20-05-04, 23:43
Zoomzoom is a carebear :)
CRP is awarded the clan that owns the op, its fair you have to fight for the op to use it.

We've had this conversation many times, we need more grs elsewhere :)

tiikeri
20-05-04, 23:47
Yea, but couldn't they remove the CRP gr, and let the OP have the only one in teh zone..

And i love fighting there, had my best op fight there and it lasted like couple hours =) (some might think thats nothing, i dont care, i had really much fun there - thnx to my mates + opponent)

Moscow
20-05-04, 23:57
LOL what a carebear.... No, dont make crp a leveling zone, its fun to pk people there. In addition, make the caves an anarchy zone, not a hunting zone, so you can pk people in there without penalty.

Doesn't wanting little to no repercussion from Player Killing (Not Player Vs. Player; I've seen enough to judge you in that regard), as well as an easy time while doing said Player Killing, make *you* a Carebear?

i.e. Wanting it all with little, if any, of the risk(s)?

Anyway, to answer the thread itself:

I agree with the ideals, but not the implementation. Move the Outpost itself to another area, and declaring Cycrow Reloading Point a "free" zone, or putting a similar area near the city of Neocron would be a better way to go in my opinion. Either way, it'll give a bit more freedom when it comes to levelling choices.

Peace.

-Moscow

Biznatchy
21-05-04, 00:00

Didnt you post a leaving tread?

CRP is fine the way it is there are two other caves one with a queen.

40$Poser
21-05-04, 00:03
Didnt you post a leaving tread?

CRP is fine the way it is there are two other caves one with a queen.

crp is fine as is, I don't know what some people are thinking before they post. They must forget about the desert racetrack gr that should be getting added in the next retail patch.. wait you might have to drive to crp or walk, oh the horror... the horror!

Clownst0pper
21-05-04, 00:04
With the inclusion of a player genrep at the desert race track, due on next retail patch, there is no need for CRP to be "free" - it is after all, owned by <insert clan here> and they decided on who can come through, and who cannot

Jest
21-05-04, 00:06
When I was TG we took offense at enemy players hunting there and pretty much killed em every chance we got. Man those were good times.

And btw, you do get SL hits from killing even enemy factions in the cave as far as I know, unless it was changed.

Clyde
21-05-04, 00:09
Im feelin zoom on this one. I always that it was bullshit that CRP was in the same zone as a OP. When even have a CRP if theres a OP right around the way. Either CRP should be moved to another zone, or remove CRP period.

Maarten
21-05-04, 00:11
CRP, DRT, all fine. What we need is another decent leveling spot that is not surrounded with TG guards. With decent I mean a cave with (mostly) ground based mobs that spawn smaller mobs where AoE can be used effectively (sp?). I won't mind if they do a lot of damage because it still needs to be a challange.

Moscow
21-05-04, 00:15
CRP, DRT, all fine. What we need is another decent leveling spot that is not surrounded with TG guards. With decent I mean a cave with (mostly) ground based mobs that spawn smaller mobs where AoE can be used effectively (sp?). I won't mind if they do a lot of damage because it still needs to be a challange.

This is what I was getting at a little earlier.

It's just plain silly that the Twilight Guardian members have such easy access to one of the best, if not THE best, levelling spot in the game. It's a mere stone throw away from their Headquarters, and nothing's stopping them from taking advantage of the levelling spots within the city of Neocron AND at the Military Base.

*Breathes*

I seriously doubt anyone is going to cap themselves on Warbots anytime soon, and the Aggressor cellars only go so far.

Peace.

-Moscow

Clownst0pper
21-05-04, 01:09
Why are TG guards even at cycrow?

They should make it so if City admin take over, the gaurds are replaced from TG ones to City Admin ones, etc etc for the appropriate gaurd/faction

Mumblyfish
21-05-04, 01:13
Better yet - they should just remove the bastards.

I remember when Pluto had a TG guard actually standing above the cave entrance. That guard was there for a few days then he disappeared. Oh, the fun we had...

"LET'S GO LEVE-" BLAM! *thunk*
"I'LL GET A PP-" BLAM! *thunk*
"OH TI-" BLAM! *thunk*

QuantumDelta
21-05-04, 01:18
/me watches moscow come out of no where and start pwning everyone.

I'm impressed, my question;
Who in the smeg O.o

But yea;
Though the person who presented the point did it extremely badly.
I do believe there should be still more, GR access that isn't controlled by clans throughout the Neocron World.
Makin CRP a Non-Op controlled GR will help this a little.

ezza
21-05-04, 02:26
you would think CRP is the be all and end all of leveling, all im seeing a someone wanting a easy time to level.

i aint leveled there since i was in cartel, and i only leveled there cos my clan was about and enemies came to pk there often(which was fun) but its not like its a necesity to go there to level.

i say leave it as it is, you wanna go there, you run or drive.

GR to TG its only down the road, and if you cant cos your enemy, then you really are in the wrong part of the world

KimmyG
21-05-04, 04:05
Why not just limit pvp to neofrag and have it only active once a layer gets hacked at an outpost. Then we can have anice pussy o cron just wait for face of mankind I think its a nice no pvp game with a futuristic setting maybe that is for you.

Anyway the caves are a nib safe for the pussies thats all you need if your gonna hunt fire mobs there are so many other zones out there full of fire mobs and nice and safe.

VetteroX
21-05-04, 04:35
This game is MADE for people who like PvP... thats its purpose, the whole games built around it. When It gets advertising, the people who like pvp hopefully will join, and you care bears can just play a carebear game and have your hand holding sing along sessions. Stop with the damn posts trying to carebear this game up... good mob hunting zones are there so pkers have a place to pk people...

MORE penalties for killing people? wtf are you smoking? Im a carebear because I want unrestricted pvp? yeah... ok....

Yes I posted a leaving thread and I said in it I may be back... I took a LONG break, and I said I was only stopping because there were no people to kill... well, hopefully the new DoY tunnels will bring all my victoms to one place... Ive been playing a bit to get back into practice, and when thes tunnels come, I sware that every minute im on, there will be NO PvM, only merciless killing of thoes trying to hunt mobs.

naimex
21-05-04, 04:41
I do believe there should be still more, GR access that isn't controlled by clans throughout the Neocron World.
Makin CRP a Non-Op controlled GR will help this a little.

You must be joking... right ??

Theres a GR in practically half the "world"

If anything, let GRs, GoGus, Shops, whatever be city and faction HQ only..

personally I wouldn´t like to be the guy standing in an OP 24/7/365 getting shot at once in a while, just to go back to work a few minutes later.

And with GRs and whatnot gone..

Vehicles would be worth using, the new DoY planes would be worth using, for more than just to try them.

and I believe my point on CRP getting a lvling zone with own free gr and whatnot has been revealed in my above mentioned statements.

trigger hurt
21-05-04, 04:47
Why are TG guards even at cycrow?

They should make it so if City admin take over, the gaurds are replaced from TG ones to City Admin ones, etc etc for the appropriate gaurd/faction
I remember a certain black dragon clan made this suggestion a while back...if I remember correctly, you were strongly against it...i'll see if I can find the post...but if it was you I am thinking of...how hypocritcal.

VetteroX
21-05-04, 04:54
Unless KK makes some vehicles with no reqs, you need more GR's.. not less. Vehicles are no problem for tanks, a slight speed reduction to monks (agil sacrafice) but a MAJOR blow to pes/spies... I had my pe low tech and 25 vech at one time, and trust me,YES not having thoes 25 points in either pc or agil is very noticeable... my slasher using spy absolutely cannot lose even 1 agil point, and losing 5 pc for 25 vech is not an option... slasher would fire like shit. even 12 points of vech is too much, and the chain bike sucks.

naimex
21-05-04, 04:57
Unless KK makes some vehicles with no reqs, you need more GR's.. not less. Vehicles are no problem for tanks, a slight speed reduction to monks (agil sacrafice) but a MAJOR blow to pes/spies... I had my pe low tech and 25 vech at one time, and trust me,YES not having thoes 25 points in either pc or agil is very noticeable... my slasher using spy absolutely cannot lose even 1 agil point, and losing 5 pc for 25 vech is not an option... slasher would fire like shit. even 12 points of vech is too much, and the chain bike sucks.

no one said you had to drive..

You just had to run from a city of faction HQ.. or get someone to drive you or drive yourself.

As it is now, vehicles are next to useless...
And I fear DoY planes will be just as useless, and people only wanting them, to try them.

To most atm, vehicles are just a source of income, go ress a lot, build a lot, make a lot of money, thats it.

A person on a vehicle in NC is a rare sight.

VetteroX
21-05-04, 05:04
if there were less GR's, you basically would HAVE to drive to not be pulling your hair out... and its not a balnced system for something everyone would need to have. Bombers and Gliders and tanks should have reqs, motorcycles and regular cars should not.... it takes NO skill to drive a vehicle 30 mph over a field or desert, as is most the driving in NC.

Shadow Dancer
21-05-04, 05:06
El Farid is a hunting zone?

I rarely go there. I think CRP should be an anarchy zone. But definitely not a hunting zone. THe idea of zones where you lose SL for killing faction enemies is a bit silly. o_O

Lanigav
21-05-04, 05:07
I don't see anything wrong with wanting a place that's high level to level up with a modicum of safety. Caves and such should remain hunting zones and carry a very stiff penalty for pk'ing.

CRP, however, is outside and as a result shouldn't be included in that. There needs to be equally benefical leveling sites in NC friendly areas to balance it out though.

bounty
21-05-04, 06:07
There should be no such things as hunting zones in this game. Like shadow said, you should be able to kill red NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE. I think half the problem with this game is the lack of people spread out amongst the zones. Maybe if they made it scarier and more of a bad idea to level in the obvious areas, then people would actually get off their ass and level in other sectors and explore a bit. I'm getting really sick of Millitary base and CRP being the only real areas you're ever gonna see another person. BORING, and bad for pvp.

Even in low level areas like the aggies. If there are capped players in there shooting red newbs, then get some other near capped players to go in there and kill off the newb characters. Adds a little tension and need for pvp IMO. And I think its great when i see /20's going at it in the aggies and getting all pissed off at one another, who says pvp should be for capped players only?

KimmyG
21-05-04, 06:42
=Even in low level areas like the aggies. If there are capped players in there shooting red newbs, then get some other near capped players to go in there and kill off the newb characters. Adds a little tension and need for pvp IMO. And I think its great when i see /20's going at it in the aggies and getting all pissed off at one another, who says pvp should be for capped players only?

Eh most are to dum or lazy to go explore and find one of the many many other zones that are better than the most popular areas and far safer or were safer seeing as it carebear SL no

Jeros82
21-05-04, 07:50
CRP Warzone, don't care about that. But F_12 is FAFAIK the only sector that has 2 GR's in it. Cycrow GR should be from the clan that has the OP, but the CRP one should be open for all. Why should the clan that holds Cycrow lab have access to both the GR's ????

msdong
21-05-04, 10:02
...It's just plain silly that the Twilight Guardian members have such easy access to one of the best, if not THE best, levelling spot in the game....[/i]

shure. everyone is afraid of TG guards @ CRT ..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
hmm u better explain how my xx/12 Next spy manage to get the CRP genrep. and went streight to Tezla.

even catlock is not that hard for near cap players.

btw- dont forget that you dont start as a high level player. starting @ TG sucks because u need to trevel to TH or NC....

Why should the clan that holds Cycrow lab have access to both the GR's ????

why not ? i dont think its an advantage.

LiL T
21-05-04, 10:26
The SL system needs to go unless you kill allied runners you should never lose SL getting attacked in the aggies by a CA losing SL cos I killed him is stupid :mad:

Kuya
21-05-04, 10:43
At least i think they should.

L3m0n
21-05-04, 10:48
suck up to the clan that owns it, take it for youeself or if you love the caves so much go TG and level in their one.
There are loads of leveling zones most are better than CRP caves its just that everyone "whos anyone" wants to go there. O_o I mostly go there now to get into a fight, cos its allmost 100% that if you go there you can get into a fight. ;)