PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport]Modification to SL System

Morganth
20-05-04, 17:23
Ok, having read the various SL threads I thought of an idea. And by the way this isn't a rip from J.Folsom's idea, its actually a rip from a MMORPG I used to play.

Basically, if someone who isn't hostile faction to you attacks you, they go "brown" and their name either changes colour or an icon appears to show said status. This means that anyone without their LE in can attack this character without the risk of losing SL. They will however lose the relative FS.

Example: Player A is leveling, and Player B from an allied faction decides to attack and kill Player A for whatever reason. Player B would then go "brown", meaning if Player A were to kill Player B out of defense, (s)he wouldn't lose SL. Player B could then come back and attack Player A, and the process would repeat.

The time for the "brown" status to go away would be about 45 secs, and this time would reset to 45 for each hit Player B directs at Player A. So if Player B thought it was a bad idea, he could run off. Then if Player A persists in attacking whilst Player B is "brown" he would either kill the player or go "brown" himself if Player B's status returned to normal.

This would solve the problem of killing allies/neutral faction runners for whatever reason, as the "brown" status would be seen as a breach of the peace treaty that exists between the two factions. The fact that anyone can attack the "brown" person without SL penalty would be a suitable punishment for anyone who thinks its clever to attack a non-hostile faction.

J. Folsom
20-05-04, 17:25
And by the way this isn't a rip from J.Folsom's ideaI wouldn't have cared even if it was, it's a good idea, so it should be spread around as much as possible.

Besides, we probably extrapolated it from the same sources, mine was based off of what Ultima Online has. ;)

Morganth
20-05-04, 17:25
I wouldn't have cared even if it was, it's a good idea, so it should be spread around as much as possible.

Besides, we probably extrapolated it from the same sources, mine was based off of what Ultima Online has. ;)

Well, mine was from Legend of Mir. Both good ideas.

Maarten
20-05-04, 17:51
Yeah, good idea. Maybe a small change in the "brown" status name. :)

Morganth
20-05-04, 19:39
Yeah, good idea. Maybe a small change in the "brown" status name. :)

Well, I only used that name ias it was the colour your character name would go when you attacked someone. Could quite easily be changed to a sign flashing "moron" above Player Bs head.

subsys
20-05-04, 19:43
yea, sweet :D

especially like the moron icon idea ;)

Morganth
21-05-04, 03:04
yea, sweet :D

especially like the moron icon idea ;)

Might get classed as spam if implemented on Saturn :lol:

Epsilon 5
21-05-04, 03:20
THIS IS EXACTLY HOW THE PVP SYSTEM IN LINEAGE II WORKS

lol.

however in lineage you are green normally, purple after you initiate an attack, then red if you kill that guy that didn't defend himself, until you rework your karma. The defender turns purple if he chooses to defend himself, and you don't turn purple or red for attacking a red player.

I would love this to be implemented.

KK, PLEASE ALLOW US TO DEFEND OURSELVES!

Morganth
21-05-04, 13:57
KK, PLEASE ALLOW US TO DEFEND OURSELVES!

They should implement a "Force Sync" spell which causes the enemy to crash.

Oh wait, that happens anyway!

Clownst0pper
21-05-04, 13:59
Yes please.

Xaru
21-05-04, 20:01
We definately need this.