PDA

View Full Version : More noob leveling mobs in certain cellars.

Shujin
20-05-04, 16:14
1. Take out those damn flamer muties from the cellars they are in. That is a major pain in the ass always. The cellar is full of noob belts constantly. And wtf noob has enough resist to stand near one of them for more than 2 secs. And if you are able to get near enough to fight it, wtf are you doing down there you should be huntin firemobs.

2. The Beserk Beggars are excellant but they really should get harder the further into the cellar, not easier. I think they should add some new ones down there that will make people new to the game say "woah that looks so cool!" or somethin. Maybe a Beserk Techhead? A mob in the skin of a fallen angel faction npc weidling a fusion or plasma pistol that does little damage, maybe comparable to 3/4 an agg's damage and defense.

Geth
20-05-04, 16:37
I agree, the Flamer mutants are a real pain, and can give way more damage then any MoB of equal level. Mind you they do give some real surprise when wondering the outzone, most MoBs are weak enough that you can run to the next zone if you want to get away from them. The Flamer mutants can burn down a noob in a just few seconds. :eek:

Organics
20-05-04, 16:43
Yup the Flamer Mutants are lethal to even a relatively mid Runner if caught unawares in an unfamiliar place without decent fire resist/armour. I can't remember which OZ sector it is, but there's a ton of Mutants, with quite a few Mutant Gunmen scattered around, nasty business running from one to round a corner and walk into another.

They do such nasty damage very quickly as well, a LC hurts alot on one hit for a new char, but you can easily get out of the way of its second shot. But the Flamers, no way, and usually you end up getting legs broken and can't even run properly :lol:

More newb mutants would be good though, you get past killing the current ones pretty fast (bar Aggressor Captains which are quite good for a while). Just not more Flamer mutants :p

Drake6k
20-05-04, 18:44
Remove the flamer guys from the noob cellars yeah but not outzone. Outzone is a little used great leveling spot and a lot of fun. I like having some challenge as a noob and It's kinda fun dealing with the flamer guys. Better yet how about removing the cellars completely and forcing people to hunt in outzone and wastelands? Maybe add a great big nice noob cellar at the ruins near Jeriko? Give people a reason to leave the city.

bounty
21-05-04, 09:30
I gave this thread 5 stars. I agree 100%.

People NEVER level here.

The thing that I don't understand is they are a lower level sewer than the aggie sewers, yet death is much more common there. Even fairly low level runners can take a few hits from the aggies, or can avoid their damage by running around the corners.

The fire mutants are different, they have a longer range and attack on sight before the runner can pop off a shot. If they don't kill them before they get to the closed door, they won't get another shot in, without them shooting you first. Very frusterating. I'd rather see some pp1 level 3 style mobs there, anything but the level 4 mobs.

The real problem here is just that fast and inital damage. They hurt! Sure, they go down fairly fast, and don't have the hitpoints an aggie captain does, but due to the damage type, low runners go down even faster. They certainly aren't worth the money, and xp when you can go and have an easier chance of surviving against a level 7! aggie captain. Something definitely wrong here.

Cytaur
21-05-04, 09:36
You know what... go to SEWERS god damn cellar fools

Patso
21-05-04, 13:59
Visit the outzone for decent levelling. I went there with my spy (part of the NEXT epic) when the contact was in the outzone.

Took me ages getting there, past the mutants and butchees with only basic armour and a basic rifle. But was very enjoyable once I made it.

Don't change the Outzone or Ind zones (both have flamer mutants) but yeh the abandonded rooms are hard for a 5/11 melee tank when a flamer mutant spawns, the rest I could deal with!

Was down there last night with my APU, been to the storage halls that I have never levelled in and went to visit the new jailhouse (even though I cannot get into it!)