PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] The Clan Alternative for BDoY

]v[ortice
20-05-04, 15:27
Posted a nice poll for y'all.

I would like to see an alternative for clans in DoY...

Basically I want company keys to be set up for tradeskillers. Same drill... appartments, tags ranks etc. But I would then like your company name to be added to anything your tradeskillers make (maybe even a company logo?).

Have a Company-Admin Tab instead of a Clan Tab on the city coms with details of orders and stuff.

Think it would be cool when you have your company NPCs selling your company made items, having to pay duties to your faction etc.

Thoughts and suggestions below please.

Also pls rate and vote :)

Heavyporker
20-05-04, 15:46
Interesting... and it'd be very appropriate for the corporate factions (NExT, TT, Biotech, PP, DRE...)

slaughteruall
20-05-04, 15:51
I just can't wait untill they make venders for us. It would be nice for TT to have a APT that had traders in it that would sell our built items. Yeah i know it's coming with doy. But it would be sweet for it to come now.

Slaughter

Geth
20-05-04, 15:54
It is easy enough to make a clan into a corporation, its trivial if its still called a "clan" in the game GUI menus. Though I agree, it would be nice if clan name was added to well manufactured weapons, just like how constructor name appears sometimes.

slaughteruall
20-05-04, 15:59
Besides public owned stores. I would love to see trader cards (business cards basically). It would be nice to be able to hand out a business card with ever 4 or 5 slot weapon. People could pass them around to there freinds and give better service to some CST'ers or RESS'ers. It would good RP also. I dont care if it took "wood" or armour parts to create them. Would still be cool.

Slaughter

]v[ortice
20-05-04, 16:12
@Geth.

Yeah I thought they would sound similar. But having a 'Wars' Tab in your menu is not really useful for your new company.

I was hoping for different tabs with information about company workers(trades and skill levells), services offered, orders already placed, times you can expect business to be trading etc.

It would fit nicely into the RP side of stuff like slaughter said.

Would be good to have permanent business deals with clans or your faction etc. Simple things like hiring a clan for protection in exchange for weapons.

You would also need suppliers for weapon parts and stuff. Loads of possibilities there :)

Geth
20-05-04, 16:22
Well if the Corporation is not to be in Clan wars, then it is unlikely that they could hold OPs, the very topic of most wars. The only alternative I see that a Corporation could use an OP held by an allied clan, but not claim new OPs for themselves. The Clan and Corp would have to work out a specific deal (say in place of the Wars tab) but the Corp would gain full effiency at that OP, just like if they owned it themselves.

]v[ortice
20-05-04, 16:35
I see what your saying mate... but I would point out that to do business, OPs are completely unnecesary in the current climate.

So would having more than the faction bonus on OPs make any real difference?

One would argue that is your faction has the best equipment (and plenty of runners ^^) they would be doing well in the OP stakes anyway.

But yeah... why not change the Wars tab to affiliations?

Scanner Darkly
20-05-04, 16:48
I don't see the need for clans to become companies - I am already a member of a corporation as it is within the Fallen Angels and see no need for that to change.

I love the idea of having the manufacturer's clan name on the item tho - really nice idea. Clan logos would be very hard to implement, unless there was a fully customisable logo engine built into the game or the logos will look as generic as player skins. Of course there is always the alternative of clientside uploadable content - which would totally rock, and also never happen in Neocron. Although if you want to see how that works check out a game called Second Life - www.secondlife.com. Here you can design and upload content into the game, build your own house, vehicles, fully customise your avatar, etc. But it does look F******G ugly.

Anyway sexy idea,

SD

]v[ortice
20-05-04, 17:30
Scan...

Can I just point out... I don't want Clans to become Companies at all.

I would just like the option of creating or joining a Company as an alternative if you don't want all the clan fighting bullshit. I'm Just using the template for Clans as a way to demonstrate what I mean.

I like clans too... I just feel there's room for something else there also.

Maybe even purpose built appartments? *Cough* Shops *Cough, splutter*

Nothing too grand to start off... just the alternative :)

]v[ortice
21-05-04, 16:24
Thought about the logo idea and I think it could be really simple to implement.

Each faction has a standard background with faction logo on. Each faction also has their own faction font with which to add your company name or company tag on. Wouldn't have to be that big either but it would individualise things.

What you reckon?

Lareolan
27-05-04, 21:38
I have run and been a part of many many companies since I first joined this game. Yes, it would be DAMN cool if a company was actually a REAL in-game mechanic we could use! But somehow I doubt KK would spend the time to do this. They seem to regard this game as a possibly massive (not right now with all the people leaving) first person shooter. I'm glad with the newest patch and the little love (and hate) that tradeskillers finally got. (Love the new xp gains. Hate the fact that it's harder to make cash now due to the change to formulas).

But overall KK are far more concerned with PvP than storylines or RP. (How long has it been since they've done anything? Politics tab was introduced a long time ago and was never finished. They started working on it and just abandoned it). So I really don't think an RP thing like companies would be implemented any time soon (if ever).

Hate to be synical, but what I say is a safe bet looking at KK's past performance. (I mean, they think mass mob spawns and closing off shops so people can't use them are RP events. Talk about having the imagination of a badly built calculator). :p