PDA

View Full Version : Download the Tecktonics Template engine demo here! (Tecktonics=Neocron Engine)

Benjie
20-05-04, 09:26
The Genesis 3D Tech Demo (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/genesis3d/setupgdemo.exe?download)

This is the engine reakktor used as a template for what is now known as the tecktonics engine. They hacked into it several times and merged it with there own engine (that you can check out here) (http://www.reakktor.com/Products/products.html) to create Tecktonics.

It's impressive to watch when you take into consideration how crappy it all looks. It will be interesting when reakktor finally unveil the updated DX9 screenshots/trailer. I'm curious to see how far they can take it. Despite what the whiners say about kk, they have a real talent for updating engines.

;)

FBI
20-05-04, 10:03
I'd think of the Genesis3D engine as a "foundation". They only use this engine
for indoors (neocron city, tech heaven etc) the wastelands use their own
home based engine (tecktonics).

honestly, you can't just say KK took that engine and added this and that, they
totally rewrote the engine for increased computer hardware support, netcoding,
and the other hundreds of tasks that come with the creation of a mmorpg.

Think of genesis3d as a starter engine that they could use to make a better one,
themselves, they got a nice headstart by using this engine rather than "re-creating"
the wheel of starting from scratch.

John Carmack used previous quake engines as a foundation to build the next
version for example. It's a waste of time to recreate the "same code" and math.

I want to play Lost in the Bermuda Triangle :)

Parad0x -FBI

Benjie
20-05-04, 10:18
I'd think of the Genesis3D engine as a "foundation". They only use this engine
for indoors (neocron city, tech heaven etc) the wastelands use their own
home based engine (tecktonics).

honestly, you can't just say KK took that engine and added this and that, they
totally rewrote the engine for increased computer hardware support, netcoding,
and the other hundreds of tasks that come with the creation of a mmorpg.

Think of genesis3d as a starter engine that they could use to make a better one,
themselves, they got a nice headstart by using this engine rather than "re-creating"
the wheel of starting from scratch.

Yes I know that. It would make a terrible thread starter though if I posted it all. ;)
I want to play Lost in the Bermuda Triangle
They have abandoned support for it, lets download an Abandonware version!

@ KK you should put that game up for download. It's not as if it's making you any cash, and I really want to play it. You could add loads of Subliminal NC>SW:G messages into it or something, and use it as part of your advertisement campaign. :p

phunqe
20-05-04, 11:57
Yes I know that. It would make a terrible thread starter though if I posted it all. ;)
They have abandoned support for it, lets download an Abandonware version!

@ KK you should put that game up for download. It's not as if it's making you any cash, and I really want to play it. You could add loads of Subliminal NC>SW:G messages into it or something, and use it as part of your advertisement campaign. :p

Yes and while you're playing it, it will secretly download NC:BDOY in the background. One day, the game will replace itself automatically with the NC:BDOY tutorial and trailer.
The gamers would of course at this stage be very impressed and they will not be able to resist the dialog "Would you like to play this MMORPG online?"

:D