PDA

View Full Version : Saturn

MrChumble
19-05-04, 23:11
Well my 10th FRE of the last 4 hours has forced me out of game and onto the forums for my customary pre-sleep bitch-at-kk.

I've heard people say lots of times that Saturn is a bit laggy. Being a Plutonian until recently this didn't bother me much. But now I've moved to Saturn...

...and by god, how the fuck do you people put up with that shit O_o

You must have the patience of a saint, because after 4 days (today being by far the worst, but all worse than Pluto at it's worst) I'm about ready to do unspeakable violent things to anyone daft enough to stand still long enough to take the blame. :mad:

j0rz
19-05-04, 23:16
Look at my sig i got 8 chars all over rank 63 thats how i put up with saturn i cant be arsed startin new chars on another server lol

Techi
19-05-04, 23:19
I think he's referring to the fact that 3/4 of the time when you're shooting at somebody, they stop moving for about 8* seconds, then disappear completely, and about 2* seconds later, you're at 21* hp and can't move.

*-your mileage may vary by a couple of seconds and/or hitpoints

j0rz
19-05-04, 23:22
i dont often lag like that but i dont often play any more only started playin again since i lommed killem to hybird yesterday been busy with my gf ;)

plague
19-05-04, 23:27
i don't have any problemms, yes do get fattaled evry other hour or less but that no biggie restart the game and am back in bussiness...:D

Moscow
19-05-04, 23:32
Is now a good time to say that, personally I very rarely, if ever, FRE/crash? 8|

I play on both Saturn and Pluto, and only get a little lag on Saturn whereas Pluto is near perfect. Having said that, I'm fairly near the servers (South West of England), but I *am* on dial-up.

Hmm.

Peace.

-Moscow

ezza
20-05-04, 00:31
the servers been going crazy tonight, all my clan complaining of lag spikes, with pings hitting 1000+ at times.

nibbish game :mad:

Clownst0pper
20-05-04, 00:35
Oh I love saturn and its lag ;)

Geth
20-05-04, 02:35
Not that I play staturn much, but pluto has been extra laggy these last few weeks and I've been getting more FRE then ever before. My ping has been jumping from about 150-200 to over 1000 at times. O_o

BunkerBoy
21-05-04, 03:33
I have to admit Saturn is in need of a doctor's checkup =P . Its been rather lag spikish lately. pluto isnt as bad as it was but it isnt good either. But it sure as hell is alot better than Saturn atm lol. Hopefully it will be looked at. I'll try and see what i can do. :) *begins brainwashing GM friends to restart the servers* BWAHAHAH!

olavski
21-05-04, 08:11
About time they upgrade the Saturn server to a Pentium II :p

Magic Sausage
21-05-04, 11:40
oooohhh MMX technology

ZyproN
21-05-04, 11:55
Ye we all beg god the soon feed the hamster who is running the server ^^

Cruzbroker
21-05-04, 12:04
In about half hour (11:30?) o_O Noo wait, it was done hour ago?

ezza
21-05-04, 13:33
Ye we all beg god the soon feed the hamster who is running the server ^^
its about time the hamster was upgraded, hmm maybe a rabbit would be better

Morganth
21-05-04, 13:45
its about time the hamster was upgraded, hmm maybe a rabbit would be better

Doubt it, they would probably upgrade to a healthy hamster first.

ezza
21-05-04, 13:46
Doubt it, they would probably upgrade to a healthy hamster first.
i guess, one small step for a hamster one giant leap for KK

Sigma
21-05-04, 14:10
try opwaring on sunday...

ezza
23-05-04, 00:22
try opwaring on sunday...
been there done that, not doing it again

Shujin
23-05-04, 00:24
i quit saturn about 9 months ago

Jake Cutter
23-05-04, 09:22
Ah the weekly Saturn lag thread.

Has KK ever offered a public explanation as to the cause of Saturn's lag?

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Saito Hajime
23-05-04, 10:20
Sounds like we may have found one of the answers to Vetts earlier question about why some people have stayed on pluto.

Sorin
23-05-04, 10:20
I know what they did. Remember when Uranus used to lag to hell and back? Well KK went like this:

/set transfer_lag_to_saturn 1

Anyways, some sort of real explanation would be nice, other than the obligatory blaming of Level 3.

Saito Hajime
23-05-04, 10:29
Sorin, Ever work tech support?

Thats the golden parachute kid. "thanks for calling (insert ISP here). How can I help you tonight?"

(insert bitchy customer here)

(Tech waiting for opportunity... steady, steady, wait for it...)
(there!)

"You see Mr Shmuckatelly, your connection to (insert game server/bizzare llama sex site/gambling site here) is routed over many networks, and as this traceroute shows the server that is bottlenecking doesnt reside on our network, your best course of action will be to contact that provider and advise them that 85.302.482.31 is having issues." (knowing full well Mr Shmuckatelly will not.)

"Is there anything else I can help you with? Thank you for calling."

The golden parachute, a techsupport agents best friend, aside from the "mute" button on his phone.

Saito Hajime

MrChumble
23-05-04, 10:40
Sounds like we may have found one of the answers to Vetts earlier question about why some people have stayed on pluto.

It's hard to leave Pluto; you invest a LOT of time into one char, it's a real painful experience to leave them behind. The lag (and crazy economy) on Saturn don't really appeal much either, but for me anyway that wasn't the main reason I hesitated for months before moving over.

Saito Hajime
23-05-04, 10:45
Yea no doubt, I've got a char on saturn but he probably wont do much, starting over isnt all that fun and what with the lag, and the economy that is straight fucked up its ass... I'll stick with Pluto.

Original monk
23-05-04, 10:48
my hobby is mc5ing on saturn on sunday ... why ? because the lag makes it even more fun :)

no kidding, you have the full place for you alone cause they all die outta lag anyway :P

when ya play saturn since day one then ur used to it and you work around the lag :) ya allready know ya gotta be carefull when the pings glide to 1499 and such :)

with the chaoscaves its diffrent: how ca ya level fast when ya get stuck infront of 20 critters every 2 minutes :P but certainly sumthing ya have to go true to experience saturn to the fullest :P