PDA

View Full Version : Teh PE H-C Playa's thread

___T-X____
19-05-04, 14:41
gonna need some help....

Well, a week or so ago I said I would be rolling a PE H-C. Well I have...and I have....and well, I do really like it :)

im 21/48, started as Biotech then ProtoPharma now moving to next to get all the relevent Epic Items.

My experience so far is that im not very far from Capping STR & CONS. Because im using the Combat Hovertec - that thing owns. I have about 125 H-C. Its a Repair Dex setup with T-C, INT is WL and PSI Use

Im finding that I do the same damage when I imp my Tank Kami in (+40 H-C) as without it - I was expecting more.

Im struggling though. PSI is taking ages to level and so is INT, caving is hard because the Combat rank is so low so you dont get team bonuses. How should I level to bring my other skills up ?

I got to say again its a great class to play in that setup, im enjoying it very much....

thx in adv

Clownst0pper
19-05-04, 15:10
Just team with some monks and your INT and PSI gain should rocket, PE's are so easy to cap, you can fully lom them and recap in an hour.

If your combat rank is low, just drug for a better gun, and ask for a <insert buff 3> and you should be ok

Original monk
19-05-04, 15:13
funny that (as ikari said) the lomming gonna take longer then the recapping will lol ... says enough

Kal
19-05-04, 15:39
yeah hc pes are great i can drop people on mine like i drop people on my pistol PE

naimex
19-05-04, 15:41
yeah hc pes are great i can drop people on mine like i drop people on my pistol PE

its so humiliating losing as a full cap hc tank to some small hc pe..

*curse you kal* :p :lol: :lol:

Kal
19-05-04, 15:45
and that was before i got a speedgat for him :rolleyes:

too bad more have popped up, its not the same when your not one of the only 2

Fafhrd
19-05-04, 16:00
... Because im using the Combat Hovertec - that thing owns. I have about 125 H-C. Its a Repair Dex setup with T-C, INT is WL and PSI Use

Im finding that I do the same damage when I imp my Tank Kami in (+40 H-C) as without it - I was expecting more.
thx in adv

You already cap the dmg on the Combat-Hovertec - maybe you want to move on to the 4x4 Chaincraft?

Kal
19-05-04, 16:04
tip no1: put 100% of str into HC

___T-X____
19-05-04, 18:00
Does a pure H-C pe cap the Trike ?

Heavyporker
19-05-04, 18:32
I imagine they would.

I, though, spec 50ish into both resist force and transport on my HC pe because he's a hunter and he's *very* exposed in the bikes and trike.

Kal
19-05-04, 19:02
belive me you dont need either

Heavyporker
19-05-04, 19:07
believe me, you do.

especially the TRA. I can't believe how much that helps.

Methinks you forget that even a vehicle driver HAS to get out of a vehicle eventually.

Kal
19-05-04, 19:11
i use all vehicles on mine, but primarily fight on foot i had 130 something transport capacity and almost capped resist force (about as good as a tank tl3buffed, with blessed it was A+) now dont tell me that you need more than that

Heavyporker
20-05-04, 06:14
yes, you want more carry capacity than that.

Damn vendors. They gotta live off the street, and even the street vendors aren't around when you need them.

Plus gogo aint big enough when you consider how much stuff DOESN"T STACK.

Drexel
20-05-04, 06:53
Best thread ever, 5 stars

Ive had a H-C PE for 5 months , best fun character i have {have about 12 different character types all over the place} (Driving & Gunning your own Rhino ROCKS).

Yes, my tip is level in a team, let the others help you level psi & int, all other classes only get team exp in their 2 main skills, however PE's get exp in 4 skills when teamed, so to all PE's, team to level.

Thanks for tip Kal, i didnt realise i could be affective in PvP, ive mostly been using her for WB killn in meh Rhino.

Kal, I just use a speed gun, is this the best PvP weapon you can recomend ? What do you use ? Im not too impressed with the TL 83 plasma cannon. ( i prefer TL 81 down, as im this TL with the marine in & i dont like to constatnly drug.)

___T-X____
20-05-04, 10:49
Well last night I did a couple of types of leveling. I have about 95 Base Fire, full INQ 3 no Fire Belt due to the Tank Kazi Chip.

I took the given advice to drug to uses a better weopon an decided on a Tech weopon - The TT Epic Laser.....and.....O...M....G!

I have about 170 H-C self buffed an its evil. I can out heal most fire mobs using just Def & Heal & Res 2 (because my PSI is 21 only).

But the RoF on this thing is great. Unfortuantely I couldnt get a good cave team (CRP LOCKED boo) but I still had a good time with the gun, its raise my combat rank to 40 from 21, so I was able to gain mid level XP from some cavers.

I used Viper King armour, however I did still get shafted (i do have o Poision Resist though). The Tank Kazi chip shouldnt have mattered as I believe these Mob do concentrated Poision damage ? (that right ?).

Any tips on improving my setup to be more self-sufficent in the caves, maybe a FH1 I guess....

Im also tempted to say that at a guess the TT epic laser would be better for pvp than TPC due to its stats.

any advice/ thoughts ?

evs
20-05-04, 10:58
I always fancied a H-C pe.

I had a PE who could drive rhinos in the old days, and used to love driving all over the place.
So a combo of both would be great (as i can gun woot)

Compared to a pc/rc pe in PvM (ooo the anagrams!) are they much cop? I know you can use a rhino - but im on about running around with a TSG/TPC - is it worth it?

I.e am i going to be there for 10 hours trying to kill one damn bird lol

___T-X____
20-05-04, 11:47
I can solo Grims on a Combat Hovertec - which is a mid level combat vehicle, using my mid-level Char.

Seriously, I played for a year and a half and hated the traditional PE class so didnt roll one.

Its is alot of fun, im lovin' it as this variation of the clan

Roll Uranus, i'll set up EvS, and share what ive learnt so far - Im from Manchester, and there a bunch of us that all play from everywhere up North mate - we'll let you play with us even if you do go to The Palace :)

eLcHi
20-05-04, 12:06
My HC/MC Hybrid PE got 128 HC and 80 Weaponlore - Capped Rhino dmg ...

But you might have guessed, i don`t use speedgat ... the only PvP i do with him is Duels and whacking some people in Pepper ... so i think it`s perfectly ok to use Beast & X-Strong for the Energy Soulblade

___T-X____
20-05-04, 12:28
I hoping for to maybe be able to hybrid using the +40 HC & + MC that the kazi chip gives, but I have no idea if a PE's defence is enough to counter the -200 Piercing & - 100 Energy that the chip gives. Time will tell

Kal
20-05-04, 12:33
either of the epic weapons, (TT laser or speedgat for pvp)

you need endurance for the speedgat tho, no matter how many stams you can fit in your QB, the upside is it is a far superior weapon

the TT laser is very easy to aim and use, i can hit 100% of the time on a good/semi reasonable day but the damage output isnt as good as the speedgat, you have to hit EVERY hit to be succesful with this gun as it has quite a nice borst bonus type thing

evs
20-05-04, 23:17
I can solo Grims on a Combat Hovertec - which is a mid level combat vehicle, using my mid-level Char.

Seriously, I played for a year and a half and hated the traditional PE class so didnt roll one.

Its is alot of fun, im lovin' it as this variation of the clan

Roll Uranus, i'll set up EvS, and share what ive learnt so far - Im from Manchester, and there a bunch of us that all play from everywhere up North mate - we'll let you play with us even if you do go to The Palace :)

lol? :)

oki doki mate - i'll take you up on that offer :)

___T-X____
20-05-04, 23:28
Ill be logged on as ODB for the next hour.

I suggest your Roll a Biotech for the Chip ^^ dM me

ODB

Doc Holliday
21-05-04, 01:11
lol fellas. bring on the hc pe hordes. what is funny is way back when i started my first born ( a pe ) he used a upc and a rocket launcher. i got laughed at so much by people when we would go levelling and i pulled out my rocket launcher to shoot warbots. i didnt no shit about set ups back then so i used to use a rifle and hc at the same time. i guess u would say i was one of the early hc pes. the T-800 if u please where as the new ones are the T1000 or even the T-X ;) ( Hold it down...... )