PDA

View Full Version : apumunk PPW vs APU

sir retail
19-05-04, 12:17
i know its been discussed more often. but im still not sure.
so here is the question.

what is more importand to put xp points on?
PPW or APU..

for example..

you got a capped munk - and you have some spells
if the min requiments are put on MST , APU and PSU..
you still have spare points.
Where should i put them on to get the max out of speed, damage and range.

phunqe
19-05-04, 12:19
i know its been discussed more often. but im still not sure.
so here is the question.

what is more importand to put xp points on?
PSU or APU..

for example..

you got a capped munk - and you have some spells
if the min requiments are put on MST , APU and PSU..
you still have spare points.
Where should i put them on to get the max out of speed, damage and range.

Do you mean PPW instead of PSU?

I generally put points in APU or PPU until the spells are capped in damage (given that the quality on the other stats isn't crappy of course. Generally the others are capped as well if you put all INT into PSU however). Then I put any extra points in PPW.

My INT goes all in PSU.

EDIT: If you have a DS and are wearing PA3, putting points in APU until you cap damage on a 120%dmg HL is a good guideline.

EDIT 2: In regards to the first edit, an APU of 175ish and the rest in MST and PPW (and of course all INT in PSU), will get your HL capped.

Moscow
19-05-04, 12:26
As far as I know, Psi-Use is just a "secondary" statistic, ie It's an important contribution to an ability, but not the be-all and end-all.

So I would say put those spare points in Aggressive Psi-Use until you've capped your current spell(s), then go from there.

Peace.

-Moscow

EDIT: Ah, just saw the edit.

In that case, I suggest sacrificing a little Aggressive Psi-Use to get a larger Psi pool. It's all very well doing a huge amount of damage, but if you can't sustain it then you'll be slain in no time.

sir retail
THANX just edited the message

enigma_b17
aye apus mana pool, most anyway are severly gimped as they need 90% of the points they get to go into apu. I have 180 apu on my apu, thats with pa3, and i still dont cap an artifact holy lightning, mainly cause im gimped with my 130 odd hack :p. So id go for apu, Im pretty sure u cant cap holy firestorm/thunderstorm without severly gimping ur psi pool, and I mean to the point where u can cast 1 hl before u ave to take a psi booster, so once ive capped fire apoc id stop putting points into apu and start filling up ppw

SjanTeN^
19-05-04, 12:28
Enough APU to cap your damage.
Enough MST to be able to cast your spell and not a single point more.
Rest in PPW as it influence your PSI pool greatly.
Atm. im thinking of going pure APU so all my int goes into PSU, perhaps ill loam some out later, but atm. i need just go for the gold, and hope for the best. =)

Clownst0pper
19-05-04, 12:37
My APU is pretty much 100% dependant on an PPU.

she has a major psi pool, but obviously looses out on her apu, she has 174 apu, and needs a psi 3 to cap her frequancy and dmg on HAB, but I make up for it when I can cast about 4 HL's after my HAB :rolleyes:

enigma_b17
19-05-04, 12:40
"My APU is pretty much 100% dependant on an APU."

ill do an edit for him

"My APU is pretty much 100% dependant on a PPU."

J. Folsom
19-05-04, 12:51
From a pure point efficiency point of view, you'd get the needed MST for the highest level spell (87, though don't forget to figure in implants you have, with just a psi core it's 82, and if you have a DS and psi core 77; you could also count on continual PPU support for getting just enough MST, but that is inadvisable as the PPU can not clearly see when his/her psi combat boost 3 has finished), 75 base PPW, and the rest of your points in APU.
But that does not take into account that APU also boosts range and rate of fire, while psi power only boosts damage, which is the easiest to cap anyway. You'll most likely go for less PPW in favour of more APU.

Total skill points available: 553 (78 at character start, 475 from levels)
MST 77 (106 skill points) (87, with DS + Psi core)
PPW 75 (100 skill points) (95, with DS + Psi core)
APU 134 (345 skill points) (159, with DS + Psi core + Attack chip 3)

Or

PPW 51 (52 skill points) (71, with DS + Psi core)
APU 144 (395 skill points) (169, with DS + Psi core + Attack chip 3)

Below 50, you start to sacrifice too much PPW in favour of APU in my opinion. But your mileage may vary.
Also, choice you make is also very much dependant on how much you want to rely on a PPU. For example, the PPU reliant might feel attracted to adding an an attack chip 2 for 10 more APU as well. As well as being able to rely on +20 APU from psi attack booster 3.

Clownst0pper
19-05-04, 13:09
"My APU is pretty much 100% dependant on an APU."

ill do an edit for him

"My APU is pretty much 100% dependant on a PPU."

yeah ta ;)

sir retail
19-05-04, 13:11
From a pure point efficiency point of view, you'd get the needed MST for the highest level spell (87, though don't forget to figure in implants you have, with just a psi core it's 82, and if you have a DS and psi core 77; you could also count on continual PPU support for getting just enough MST, but that is inadvisable as the PPU can not clearly see when his/her psi combat boost 3 has finished), 75 base PPW, and the rest of your points in APU.
But that does not take into account that APU also boosts range and rate of fire, while psi power only boosts damage, which is the easiest to cap anyway. You'll most likely go for less PPW in favour of more APU.

Total skill points available: 553 (78 at character start, 475 from levels)
PPW 75 (100 skill points) (95, with DS + Psi core)
APU 134 (345 skill points) (159, with DS + Psi core + Attack chip 3)

Or

PPW 51 (52 skill points) (71, with DS + Psi core)
APU 144 (395 skill points) (169, with DS + Psi core + Attack chip 3)

Below 50, you start to sacrifice too much PPW in favour of APU in my opinion. But your mileage may vary.
Also, choice you make is also very much dependant on how much you want to rely on a PPU. For example, the PPU reliant might feel attracted to adding an an attack chip 2 for 10 more APU as well. As well as being able to rely on +20 APU from psi attack booster 3.

thanx for the info.. thats what i needed to know.
cheers m8