PDA

View Full Version : Droner idea thingy

sanityislost
19-05-04, 04:22
Ok i was kinda bored with ca n fa hunting me down so i kinda thought hmm gona play with some LR scout drones in plaza 1. So im racing the lil chap round this n over that when im like hrm wouldnt it be cool to have a LR drone that could stealth.(60sec - 2 min max) It cant be over power cause it cant attack it can be used for scouting outposts to check for the number hostails in a given area and it would also give spys another way to do what in my view where ment to do spy on the enemy and gain info for the rest of the team to make a strike at the people holding the area and that given time

SiL

CincyFire
19-05-04, 06:04
I love it! I would be a droner if I could get a hold on that.

sanityislost
19-05-04, 06:25
yup yup just give it high reqs wouldnt make it rare tho got enough in the rare pool

could even be used in safe zones to spy on meetings n_n

RayBob
19-05-04, 06:39
The hit box on drones is too small. Drones have got good speed, armor, and damage now. They also have a nasty habit of warping across the screen. Increase the hit box! I challenge a KK employee using pistols, rifles, HC, or vehicles to shoot down a drone that is further than 50 yards away and moving.

Garg [RogueNET]
19-05-04, 07:48
I'd vote if i had a droner... =)

Clownst0pper
19-05-04, 14:25
The hit box on drones is too small. Drones have got good speed, armor, and damage now. They also have a nasty habit of warping across the screen. Increase the hit box! I challenge a KK employee using pistols, rifles, HC, or vehicles to shoot down a drone that is further than 50 yards away and moving.

How can you ever miss hitting a mosquito or particle nemesis? The hit box is bloody huge, 2 huge if your an APU, you never miss!

As for this idea, yes it would be good :)

n3m
19-05-04, 15:32
How can you ever miss hitting a mosquito or particle nemesis? The hit box is bloody huge, 2 huge if your an APU, you never miss!

As for this idea, yes it would be good :)As an apu maybe yes, but with normal weapons that need aiming, the movement of the drone is just.. stupid. It flies in bursts, and when you're waiting for one to come thru the door, it flies thru the wall and shoots you in the back O_o

Clownst0pper
19-05-04, 16:08
As an apu maybe yes, but with normal weapons that need aiming, the movement of the drone is just.. stupid. It flies in bursts, and when you're waiting for one to come thru the door, it flies thru the wall and shoots you in the back O_o

Yeah its great, w00ps im the droner :lol:

N1n3
19-05-04, 17:22
ray rifles/pistols, ravagers, HL/FA, all of these spells/guns can hit mosquitos easily and pns too, coz drones hang very often in the air due to lag. sorz for my crappy english o_O

ps: Clownstopper sux 8|

/Abner

ou7blaze
19-05-04, 18:14
I think it's an OK idea but I don't like being killed my dron3rs :\

Damn hard to aim them unless ure an APU, just my 2 cents anywayZ :)))

naimex
19-05-04, 18:15
Guess i agree, just donīt think a lot of people would use it,

but well as you say it cant attack, so it cant abuse its stealth,

so its merely recon, and I canīt see how anyone can be against recon, so sure.

Clownst0pper
19-05-04, 18:25
ps: Clownstopper sux 8|

/Abner

Lies :o

Heavyporker
19-05-04, 18:29
This idea has been around a LONG time.

I suggested that all scout drones have no local list identifers so they can truly go out and scout.

Failing this, I also suggested that all scout drones have a secondary stealth capability, the stealth length according to the drone's level - 10, 25, and 45 seconds.

60 seconds stealth is far too high, though.