PDA

View Full Version : Your Name

BombShell
19-05-04, 02:13
How did u ever come up with ur name.

BombShell-- i came up with her name because shes a girl with BombShells :rolleyes:

Gm's are left out we all know where their lack of imagination came from :)

Lafiel
19-05-04, 02:15
Crest of the Stars/Banner of the Stars

40$Poser
19-05-04, 02:16
friend who fits the definition of this term exactly said it about someone else... hence me using it

rob444
19-05-04, 02:18
My first nickname on the internet was Q, because the Q in Quake 1 was "cool". I later switched to another name, then Iceman from some movie, dont remember if it was topgun or that hacker movie (^^), later I switched to Ice man (with a space between), as everyone was calling me Ice more than Ice man, I switched to Ice. Ice was a very popular nick on Quakenet so I mainly named myself Ice_ most of the time and it has stuck there for a good time. I do have other "fakenicks" though but I dont bring them up :D

plague
19-05-04, 02:26
heh my first nick names where from me favorite movie hackers: nikom(lord nikon(the black dude)), plague(bad security admin) hehe, rest like gabriel(angel of death in bible) should be no questiong just looks kewl, my tank MOHCTP means monster in my home language......

jernau
19-05-04, 02:32
;) (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1857231465/ref=sr_aps_books_1_1/026-3854834-4614844)

Been using the same name for over 10 years now.

Other characters are from old games or just silly ideas I had when I rolled them.

Dajuda
19-05-04, 02:55
Dajuda = Hybrid drum rudiment.

Moscow
19-05-04, 03:12
I've always had a thing for the History of Russia, as well as Communism and all that it entails, so I swiped the name of their capital city for my Phantasy Star Online avatar (As you can probably guess).

Needless to say, the name stuck with me over the years and I use it in almost everything I can these days.

Peace.

-Moscow

VetteroX
19-05-04, 03:13
was playing Total Annihilation/Mech Commander. I was really good in both, and in the top 10 of cases ladder and Mplayer ladder in Total Annihilation. I needed a new name, so people whould stop bugging me for ladder matches and I could just chill and play 2vs2 games with freinds. So I sat back and thought of a name.."Hmm.... lets see... Im a Veteran of these games, ok.. lets use that word... Vet... or, lets add on to it... *tries different stuff* Vettero... and eh, X's are cool. VetteroX. Been using it since early 1998 or so.

Omnituens
19-05-04, 03:19
sprechen Sie Latin?

SorkZmok
19-05-04, 03:54
Kid Stardust - Its from a Charles Bukowski book. All my other char names are shit. Well apart from Kid Kapow, i like that one.

SorkZmok
19-05-04, 03:56
was playing Total Annihilation/Mech Commander. I was really good in both, and in the top 10 of cases ladder and Mplayer ladder in Total Annihilation. I needed a new name, so people whould stop bugging me for ladder matches and I could just chill and play 2vs2 games with freinds. So I sat back and thought of a name.."Hmm.... lets see... Im a Veteran of these games, ok.. lets use that word... Vet... or, lets add on to it... *tries different stuff* Vettero... and eh, X's are cool. VetteroX. Been using it since early 1998 or so.
Can you say anything without "I R SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU" in it?

Just curious. o_O

naimex
19-05-04, 03:57
just popped into my mind ^^

insanity is a bliss.

doesn´t mean anything, for anyone but me that is.

Hippieman
19-05-04, 03:59
Well first I was fan of Protoman (aka Blues) but that sounded to plain so I just though of making a hippieized version of Protoman. Thats how Hippieman was born. Afterwards it started to feel like something was missing. Thats when I added the Sir. Still had something missing like a last name so I added Weed. Thats how Sir. Hippieman Weed came to be.

sanityislost
19-05-04, 04:06
Well some people aka rabbits seem to think im insane (i dont know why tho) so after a long debate with a few voices in my head i came up with "Im The Lil Bunny U Hate" but i made a small tpyo and got sanityislost kept it ever since

SiL

Techi
19-05-04, 04:27
Techi - total lack of creativity and being burned out after working on a stupid windows 2000 stop error for about 16 hours straight, followed by a half hour of TFC, where I played an engineer.

Issib/Nafai/Kokor/Chveya/Meb - extracts from Orson Scott Card's Homecoming series. Good books...interesting societal structure.

Zhut - got bored one day and threw together two phonetics from different languages. the Zh is supposed to be pronounced in the Chinese fashion, and the ut as oot.

factiongimp/factionwhore/deadpe/campme/killme - various faction sympathy characters made and deleted after about 45 minutes of use.

Jaili - Just popped into mind when I was roling it.

Omni - The end all, be all tradeskiller that did everything well. ie: lack of a better idea for a name.

Can't recall any of the others at the moment....I had a couple that I roled on Saturn in my early days.

Trillian
19-05-04, 04:32
Trillian/Tricia McMillian(yes i know its spelled wrong)/ Random Dent

All taken from The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.

Drake6k
19-05-04, 04:53
Jack - My real life name.
Drake - I got from Magic the Gathering years ago. Usually a name for a small dragon.

Naruto - Ninja anime.

oracle
19-05-04, 04:57
Me and a mate were designing and programming (well starting to program anyway) loads of online type web games. Since the main world we were working on was a fantasy based system we decided to think up fantasy sounding names that fitted what we did. I was the one who thought up the worlds are their details and so I called myself 'The Oracle'. I very shortly afterwards started playing neocron and I kept the name.

viscious666
19-05-04, 05:04
Vicious - got it from cowboy bebops vicious.
And Im Bored - made an apu one night out of boredum, capped it a year later....
Avalon deckerd - one of my friends aim names, i like the way it sounds.

shrubbery
19-05-04, 05:19
Okies

Knight of Ni - Monty Python and The Quest for The Holy Grail, if you've never heard of such, may you die instantly.

The Muffin Man - Shrek, mentioned by The Gingerbread Man who is speaking to Lord Farquaad.

Garg [RogueNET]
19-05-04, 07:43
Garg - My beta name was "Gargamel" from the smurfs but it was already taken in retail so i just sliced it in 2 and voila.

Covent - A small idea from Halo's Covenant. prolly why everyone keep saying (CONVENT) to me...

Larkin - Gaunt's Ghosts (WH40k Novel) Mad Larkin, the planet Taniths best sniper.

Devar - no origin just thought of it.

VetteroX
19-05-04, 07:55
Can you say anything without "I R SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU" in it?

Just curious. o_O

He asked how I got my name... thats the story... only way I know how to tell it. What the hell do you want? I WAS in the top 10, and I needed a name to chill and play 2vs2 with my freinds instead of being msged every 5 mins for a ladder match... If it makes you feel any better I get my ass kicked all the time in C&C Zero Hour.

Tupac
19-05-04, 08:00
Ummm Guess

enigma_b17
19-05-04, 08:03
NoNo - a qwerky little red robot from Ulysees :D

ResurgencE
19-05-04, 08:26
NoNo - a qwerky little red robot from Ulysees

So THATS what it means.

I reckoned it was just the response you get from every gal you hit on. :D

Its been nearly a week and you havent been on. What gives? :mad:

olavski
19-05-04, 08:34
I'm a Russian.

Or Norwegian.

Oh bah, i forgot. :(

Original monk
19-05-04, 09:04
original, like the word says ... like unconventional, new, not the same

but also a small link to my not so proper past (original gangster)

btw i didnt came up with it, a very good friend of me did :)

also there was a guy on saturn calling emself "original gangster" ... this was not an alt of me no (wooped he's ass several times, he's a nib) ... same as "original prankster" ... not an alt of me :)

and there's a guy called "original ette" also ... this isnt me ... but he's 7/11 or sumthing :) a "real" newbie :P

but anyway, it was either original or minkus/minkoez (they also call me that ... derrived from mike ... who is me ffcourse) but then i prefer original :)

they also have less nice nicknames fo me ffcourse :/ mostly made up by the parents of my former girlfriends :) starting with bhaal and ending with things to grose to say here :)

have fun people

original is the name, murder is the game

phunqe
19-05-04, 09:10
I think I started to use my name around.. hmmm... late 80's I think.
Used it as login on BBS:es mainly.

It came from a morph of "funkadelic, phunkagenic, funky" etc and similar. So I just shortened it up :p

I'm pretty pleased with it. If you do a google search all matches are about me :p

SilentEye
19-05-04, 09:14
Hey,

My main nickname is actually 'Nova'.
I came up with this by a game called Anarchy-Online, I was called Critical when I found I wanted a new nickname.

There was a weapon called the 'Novaflow' and I took Nova from that.

SilentEye is just a nickname I use for Neocron, because I once picked this name out of the blue, and now it's stuck on me :)

ZoomZoom
19-05-04, 09:21
i played sof2 as a sniper so i called myself blind :p then i needed a alts name so i called myself evilblind then zoomzoom i was watching tv and u all seen the car advert :D

zoomzoom zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

next alt might be called brumbrum

brruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum :rolleyes:

SilentEye
19-05-04, 09:30
I'll be vroomvroom ^..^

Mumblyfish
19-05-04, 09:30
Scrivener - It's an olde term for a copyist, or scribe. I thought it would be a cool name for a sniper spy. Well, barter/repair bitch now. Still cool, though.

I liek to watch - Noobie character made just for watching German op fights. I thought it was funny. I suck.

Stabby McFace - Melee tank. Swords. Stab. Face. I thought it was funny. It was a better name than Fenix's melee tank. I WON THAT ROUND!!

Starsky - Comie Hol (omg SEX!) and I made Starsky and Hutch, pistoleros that drove around in their sexy red car while yelling things like "LET'S GO BUST SOME HOODLUMS" in zone chat. The idea's long dead, but it was well worth buying another account for.

Mumblyfish - Named after a comic character I made when I was about seven. The Mumblyfish was a fish with big lips that couldn't communicate all that well. All he can really manage is "blumblumblum blum blum blum mrmrrrmrrrmrrr" or some crap like that. Anyway, in the comics he did stupid things like put celery up Gardener Craddock's anus (yes, I WAS seven years old at the time) in order to save the carrots from getting eaten, and getting what he things is a girlfriend ("Quimfish"), but she's actually a whore exploiting him for his money. South Park took my ideas and RUINED THEM. Anyway, the last laugh was on Mumbly, because he gave her syphilis. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAA! It's been my online tag for around eight years now.

Well, perhaps I rambled too much, but there's the story behind my names.

J. Folsom
19-05-04, 09:32
J. Folsom, or James Folsom, known better as Jimmy Doughnut.
A horse doctor, but generally also contacted for normal diseases as he always needs to make sure his patients survive, after all a good horse can be worth a few thousand dollars. And the kind of people who own horses are generally unhealthy to displease.

Most easily findable in the novel Feet of Clay, by Terry Pratchett. If you haven't, read all his other books as well.

---

As for the other character names I use, that's just a variation on the whole J. Folsom theme. I've used around 20 different first names for my characters by now. ;)

More obscure is the name I played under on Pluto, which is Raynar Urthop. Not sure where that ever came from, but it did result in some amusing confusion as people started addresing me in various Nordic languages.

darknessfairy
19-05-04, 09:45
DarknessFairy... Mainly cos i lub fairies, but teh ebil ones are sexier :D
Most of my alts are based around that main one...

Simple really

hinch
19-05-04, 09:52
first 5 letters of my surname

Jeros82
19-05-04, 09:56
Jeros -> Play Lufia 2 (also looks alot like my RL name)
Jeros82 -> Same as above followed by my birthyear
Gilmi -> LOTR
James '007' Bond -> James Bond = SPY
Bumpersticker -> Because PPU are always on someone's ass (bumper) for support and they never let go (sticker)
Pistole Paultje -> Dutch name for someone who likes to shoot alot.
Jeros Con -> No idea's left

ou7blaze
19-05-04, 09:57
<- ou7blaze , friend told me about outblaze.com or .net email service and I thought the name was cool so I nicked it :)

<- mr.phiz orriginally but saw a cs player called mphiz and i said to myself ... why not :D

SynC_187
19-05-04, 10:01
I DJ, so sync records. It sounded better than beatmatch although I guess thats not too bad either.

The 187 came when people started nicking it in other games. It was also an old clan I was in.

enigma_b17
19-05-04, 10:02
"So THATS what it means.

I reckoned it was just the response you get from every gal you hit on.

Its been nearly a week and you havent been on. What gives? "

rofl res, but no, usually I dont even get a 2nd no, just the first :(

aint been on cause of exams :P

-FN-
19-05-04, 10:03
FN, for those who haven't caught on by now on Pluto, stands for FuckNut.

About 8 years ago in highschool *sigh* my best friend called me a "fucknut" at the ol' lunch table. People thought it was funny and it stuck. You can't very well walk around saying "fuck" all the time tho so it was summarized into "FN". When I went to college I thought I would've been leaving the vulgar nickname behind, but once my highschool friends came to visit and my college friends caught wind of it... sure enough, walking to class I'd hear someone yelling "Yoooo FuckNut!" from 20 yards behind me... So I went with it there too using "FN" as my callsign in most games I played (Tribes, Unreal). Now I've graduated and still it sticks with me. My rents from time to time call me FN and just about every friend I have in every walk of life now calls me that. It's still kinda embarrasing to have to tell people what it means tho due to the vulgarity :p And despite Freaky's best efforts, it does not stand for FatNuts.

The dashes (-FN-) just come out of the fact most forums and such dont like 2 character names :( And I instinctively sign most everything with that as well, even work things... which I have to go back and correct, heh.

Siygess
19-05-04, 10:26
My name, Siygess, is borrowed from the character "Cheule Siygess" in the outstanding Amiga game "Hired Guns (http://www.efd.lth.se/~f98ani/amiga/hiredguns/)". It came with a short novel (which used to happen quite a lot back then) that described each characters history and detailed the events that lead up to the game, and there was something about Cheule's dark and mysterious background that appealed to me - the fact that Cheule carried the awesome Naomi Institure Assault Rifle and Naomi Institute 40mm Grenade Launcher had nothing to do with it :D

I've been using that name on the Internet ever since, and FYI, some of you may remember Cheule Siygess here on the NC Forums - she got her name from the same source :)

I also game the name of UniT-02 in UT2004 (Unskilled Noob In Training)

Lethys
19-05-04, 10:34
Lethys/Khazar - characters from Black & White
Andrik Blake - Used Neverwinter Nights name generator

Not too imaginative as you can see :p

Ryuben
19-05-04, 11:00
Ryuben - given by a jap friend
Warrior - Friends acount i bought ages ago and cba to change name
Magneto - X-men :P

core
19-05-04, 11:09
My name "Core" is a derivation of the latin word "COR" which means "heart". I shose this word because i am a sensible one :D

greets, Core

Wellard
19-05-04, 11:14
J. Folsom, or James Folsom, known better as Jimmy Doughnut.Most easily findable in the novel Feet of Clay, by Terry Pratchett. If you haven't, read all his other books as well.

Nordic languages.

Damn! I recognised that name from somewhere - ages since I read Feet of Clay - got everything he has done

Lu Tze - Apu (Pluto) - Also a character from Terry Pratchett, a Monk who can control/looks after time.

Lee Enfield - Rifle PE (Saturn) - the name of a rl rifle - used to use the .22 and .303 in Air Cadets 14 years ago or so (I'm an old fart)

Wellard - Tank (saturn) - cos I thought he was gonna be well 'ard - but I got bored of leveling him well b4 I capped him - also the name of a dog in Eastenders (for those who don't know) which was why I used a pic of him as my avatar for a while

Varaem
19-05-04, 11:23
heh my first nick names where from me favorite movie hackers: nikom(lord nikon(the black dude)), plague(bad security admin) hehe, rest like gabriel(angel of death in bible) should be no questiong just looks kewl, my tank MOHCTP means monster in my home language......

I just wanna point out that Gabriel isn't the angel of death, but an archangel instead, making him just one step below god. Oh, and I think he was the one that told the shepards, mary and joseph about Jesus' birth. *shrug*

My name I made up using a random name generator and changing a few letters around from a perticularly strange name I got. The end result is a name no one pronounces correctly... if there is a correct pronounciation.

Mumblyfish
19-05-04, 11:25
The end result is a name no one pronounces correctly... if there is a correct pronounciation.
Vah-raym?

Vah-rAIm?

Vah-rai-um?

phunqe
19-05-04, 11:29
Vah-raym?

Vah-rAIm?

Vah-rai-um?

I would say Vareem?

as in daemon - deemon (dhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/emacr.gifmhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/schwa.gifn)

Oath
19-05-04, 11:29
Been said before.

ezza
19-05-04, 11:31
Ezza was simply my nick name from school which has stuck with me over the years, so i use it for most things, and was my monks name for a long time untill i deleted him.

Diabolus Decor(now called Ezza) simply means in latin Devils Grace, the tank was melee when i started him(and is melee once again)

Consecro Animus, means cursed soul in latin

Ceres Blademaster(my old deleted melee tank)well there was a sword called blade of ceres, i was pretty good with teh old melee so he was named a blademaster

Black Ninja, umm well she wears black and used to be able to ninja hack :D

Lookoutbelow!!! silly name for my droner

Shinto, umm was trying to think of name trying to think of a religious name for a crahn monk, and well Shinto popped into my head, which is name of a japaneses religion

nib PE called Zanshin, roughly means Warrior Spirit, can also be remaining spirit, or can be used in contect of Leaving your spirit focused on you opponent

got other chars just they not got interesting names(i.e. Ezza. -=Ezza=- etc)

sir retail
19-05-04, 11:32
okey.
for some years i was called "lech" from the polish Lech Walenca". Someone called me that when he tried to hurt me..(but did not work)

but when i started Planetside i was in the company of a friend from work.
so i filled in Retailmanager. Just for fun i thought i gonne change it later.
becouse thats my occupation.

but like in almost all the MMo games you cant change names.
So after playing Planetside for some time and finding nice friends on the game ppl do know me with this name.

Then we all swapped to Neocron.
and i keeped using the name.
little shorter as RetailNL. (the dutch part in it)

and when i created more charrs. Mr Retail and Sir Retail where born.

long story and not verry interresting but here it is.

n3m
19-05-04, 11:43
n3m - This was my first char when I got into neocron (pe). he was a little of everything. pistol, rifle, research, poke, barter, apu, ppu hc, mc and a pretty good constructor for a while. I remember when I used loms whenever I saw them, never read the description, always thought the extra 5 points would come in handy :lol:
Used to have the nickname nemesis (never could be arsed with capitals :p). That's when I first started playing online games. I think you all know what an original name that is ;) So I sliced the name in half; nem. looked weird so I put in the 3 instead of the e. (originally pronounced as nem, but everyone seems to say n-three-m :p).

Grimal - My tank, was thinking of a name that somehow made it a bit clear I'm a tank. Not sure how I got to it, just thought of this I think :<

Keyes - My monkey, who doesnt know Captain Keyes? :D Played Halo a lot, both MP aswell as SP. (xbox, never got it on pc)

Alphazel - My Spy. My m8 used to have this name, he died in a car accident

J. Folsom
19-05-04, 11:48
Damn! I recognised that name from somewhere - ages since I read Feet of Clay - got everything he has doneI like using obscure names. ;)
Besides, don't be ashamed, it's only ever mentioned once in Feet of Clay. He's normally always referred to as Jimmy Doughnut. :p

Vah-raym?

Vah-rAIm?

Vah-rai-um?Personally, I think it's Vahr-Aym. Which would be a perfect obscure rifle spy name.

winnoc
19-05-04, 11:50
I started out playin america's army as my first online game.
Over there is was "a complete idiot"

Was so much fun, since you get local messages saying who got shot by who.
People thought it was funny when they saw "Masterblaster was shot by a complete idiot" :-)

For neocron i decide to stop being a complete idiot (or so i think at least) hehehe

phunqe
19-05-04, 11:50
Well, the phonetically correct pronunciation of Varaem should be Vareem... If not, omg what is this world coming to :p

Clownst0pper
19-05-04, 12:07
Koro - Taken from Koro D'hat famous english poet

Kreole - Taken from the language used during slavery, by the slaves, actually "creole"

Ikari - Evangelion

Isa - A character from a short film

Freaky Fryd
19-05-04, 12:53
Years ago, when thinking of a name for Diablo, I came up with the name "Fryd" (pronounced 'Fried')
I hadn't seen it before, it had the 'uber' spelling, so I used it often in games...although, it is also a suitable description for some of my various thought processes.

In real life...well, I'm strange, obsessive and crazy...so I was often called a "Freak" (including by one of my managers)

I didn't want just plain old "Freaky" in my DJ name, so I went with "Phreaky-Zee" for DJing.

When it came to Neocron, I decided to use something different, so I combined Freaky and Fryd.

For some reason though, a large portion of the NC population just can't read the Y...and see it as an E. Fred is not my name...come on, people...it's not like mistaking an I and an L...it's an E and a Y!!
:mad:

P.S. It's all lies with FN...it stands for FatNuts and he knows it...you think the bowlegs are from riding horses? No...it's from fuzzy cantolopes of fun, which swell with the tides. ;)
(but I still lub j00 anyway :p)

Gohei
19-05-04, 12:56
Wud it be against any rules to name a character to "Nibhogg" ?

|R@zor|
19-05-04, 13:06
I've been using R@zor since back in Quake 3

Palmer came spur of the moment when i was thinking of a name to call my PE while at the character creation screen, Brood i think came from the Neuromancer book by William Gibson, and Josey Wales is from The Outlaw: Josey Wales, one of my favourite Clint Eastwood films, but funnily enough he is'nt an outlaw, but a poking rifle spy in Protofarm.

[TgR]HusK
19-05-04, 13:14
mine hmm, well its quite obviouse that husk comes from husky, which is my favorite type dog, chose dog type cause I used to bark at people for fun as a kid and yawn like a wherewolf :p

name runs back to the days of 1994, have used other names in some games but those where just to play a bit anonymously.

Dookie
19-05-04, 13:31
I took nickname Dookie long time ago, in 1994 when Greenday's album "Dookie" realesed.
I was the real fanatic of greenday that times.
Dyku my main char apu actualy reads like Dookie in russian, y - double o, u - ie ^^
-
HeartBeat my spys nick just sounds cool imho.
-
Sanzen my ppu is song of not very popular US band Dreng, it should mean something in jananies but i didnt find the rite meaning anywhere ( i asked Kasumi in private massege but she didnt answer ;( )
-
Bom Shankar - god of peace and love in forgotten religion.
-
And my tank nick is a realy funny story. In June 2003 i just started to play neocron on Uranus with my friends ( it was about 15 ppl ), but for some reason we diceded to move to Saturn. But that week i was very busy and asked one of my friends to make char on saturn for me and name him somehow. And when i returned home i was realy pissed off with nick of my tank - Muzzle. I'm still thinking about renaming him ^^

Jeros82
19-05-04, 13:37
Wud it be against any rules to name a character to "Nibhogg" ?

heheheh pwned :D

Sigma
19-05-04, 14:30
Phobos - one of the sons of Mars (god of war), means "fear", the other one is Deimos meaing "terror". got it from Q3 :O

DangerKlaus - needed a nick for my APU, friend called his ActionKurt so DK was born :O

Omega - last letter in the latin alphabet, sounds cool

The incredible Horst - needed a name for my pistolPE, sounds teh win (he's melee now btw :D )

RuButt
19-05-04, 14:37
RuButt... dont ask

Edrahgor.. just came up with it
Pape.. same as ed
toke.. character from "Röde Orm"

Callash
19-05-04, 14:43
Before I lift the curtain, I'm just curious: does anyone know where my nick comes from? NO GOOGLEING! (doesn't bring much up anyway)

Patso
19-05-04, 14:47
My name, Siygess, is borrowed from the character "Cheule Siygess" in the outstanding Amiga game "Hired Guns (http://www.efd.lth.se/~f98ani/amiga/hiredguns/)".

Now that was an amazing game, I remember having 3 players around one screen.... ** remembers the past :cool: **

My ingame name Kolesar is a surname from an ice hockey player a few years back (still plays i think), just sounded right for a name, but most people shorten it to 'Kole' which I could use to..

My forum name is my nickname from school and use that for most other games Quake, UT, etc. but didn't sound right for a sci-fi game :D

naimex
19-05-04, 14:51
Before I lift the curtain, I'm just curious: does anyone know where my nick comes from? NO GOOGLEING! (doesn't bring much up anyway)

Sorry to say, no..

but plz, enligthen us ignorant runners.

Gohei
19-05-04, 14:55
Daisuki - a character from Silver Fang series from 1980 something.
Gohei - Same here.
FUBI - Mt.Fubi from Breath of Fire II to SNES
Lenin. - The communist dude

naimex
19-05-04, 14:56
Silver Fang

???

Is that something else than "Silver" the cartoon series ?

in 4 episodes...

cuz that´s just called Silver.. in Denmark anyways.. ^^

MasTequila
19-05-04, 14:57
Well MasTequila came from playing Half Life multiplayer when it first came out. My first tag was KahluaShooter and a friend of mine was MasterKiller. When my brother started playing as KahluaShooter when I wasn't and when MasterKiller moved on to bigger and better things I decided to keep the booze theme and the almost pronunciation of MasterKiller, hence MasTequila. Also I am a college student and therefore drink alot.

Original monk
19-05-04, 14:57

is callash a king ?

edit: @ daisuki: youre fubi ?? LOL, good to know :P i seen you in action when ya entered mc5 for the first time in youre life :) pretty funny :)

Siygess
19-05-04, 15:00
*snaps fingers* Damn I knew I'd head the name before, though this might not be the same reference. King Callash was in an old Micropose game for the PC, but I dont remember the name of it.

naimex
19-05-04, 15:01
*snaps fingers* Damn I knew I'd head the name before, though this might not be the same reference. King Callash was in an old Micropose game for the PC, but I dont remember the name of it.

Empire Earth ? :/

EDIT :

no not empire earth,

Dragon Sphere

Gohei
19-05-04, 15:02
???

Is that something else than "Silver" the cartoon series ?

in 4 episodes...

cuz that´s just called Silver.. in Denmark anyways.. ^^

It's the same series but the danish publisher decided to make the covers really ugly for some reason. I've seen the danish case covers of the serie, and those look nothing like the original. I hope the film is the same tho :lol:

Siygess
19-05-04, 15:03
*lol* No, I mean old old :D

Back in the days of the 386 / 486's :)

switchback
19-05-04, 15:03
i have no idea where switchback came from, just thought it sounded good. been using it for bout 7 years now so cant see myself changing it

DodgyBastard wsa just made coz my clan needed a spy and all the other new spys my rfriends made in the clan were bastards (rottenbastard, smellybastard, evilbastard and i hear soon possibly a fatbastard or dirtybastard)

Gohei
19-05-04, 15:04
is callash a king ?

edit: @ daisuki: youre fubi ?? LOL, good to know :P i seen you in action when ya entered mc5 for the first time in youre life :) pretty funny :)

hahaha.. yeah... My first and last time there untill i made the tank :lol:

naimex
19-05-04, 15:04
okok, I cheated..

I googled..

but this doesn´t really sound like a King to me :

In einer Ecke tummeln sich ein paar Callash Dämonen, in einer anderen eine Horde Harpyien und an der Bar versucht gerade ein Vampir eine Riesen Eufra abzuschleppen. An einem Tisch auf der anderen Seite, entdecken sie Paul, der gerade mit vier Dämonen redet die Katzenpoker spielen. Sie gehen zu ihm rüber und als er sie bemerkt wird er nervös.

but then again, my german isn´t the best in the world ^^

The Quote is from Buffy ^^

J. Folsom
19-05-04, 15:09
The Quote is from Buffy ^^
I always knew Callash was a secret fan of Buffy! :p

switchback
19-05-04, 15:10
i think callash is a place in peru is it not, probs not where you got it fromthough

Callash
19-05-04, 15:12
True, the games name is Dragonsphere, and that's where my name comes from. Dragonsphere was the last Adventure game Microprose ever created (*sniff*), and I savoured every moment of playing through it. It was amazing, great atmospheric graphics and one of the coolest computer game storylines ever. The main character you played in it was King Callash of the Kingdom Gran Callahach.

I didn't know there are Callash Demons too, cool! :D

Btw, the idea to use this name as my nick actually indirectly originated from another GM. Anyone remember GM Shapeshifter? In Dragonsphere, a very important (and supressed) race was the race of the Shapeshifters. When I met GM Shapeshifter, I immediately had to think about Dragonsphere and thus decided that Callash would be a neat nickname.

ALL BOW BEFORE KING CALLASH!!!

EDIT: Siygess basically knew it though, he just couldn't remember the name of the game. *points at Siygess* A WINNAR IS YOU!

naimex
19-05-04, 15:14
True, the games name is Dragonsphere, and that's where my name comes from. Dragonsphere was the last Adventure game Microprose ever created (*sniff*), and I savoured every moment of playing through it. It was amazing, great atmospheric graphics and one of the coolest computer game storylines ever. The main character you played in it was King Callash of the Kingdom Gran Callahach.

I didn't know there are Callash Demons too, cool! :D

Btw, the idea to use this name as my nick actually indirectly originated from another GM. Anyone remember GM Shapeshifter? In Dragonsphere, a very important (and supressed) race was the race of the Shapeshifters. When I met GM Shapeshifter, I immediately had to think about Dragonsphere and thus decided that Callash would be a neat nickname.

ALL BOW BEFORE KING CALLASH!!!

Shapeshifter left ??? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

He used to run around via rossa sectors ages ago, always dressed up in all sorts of weird skins...

Callash
19-05-04, 15:15
Shapeshifter left ???
Umm yeah, over a year ago... 15 months exactly.

naimex
19-05-04, 15:17
Umm yeah, over a year ago... 15 months exactly.

well it´s been a while since i was last in via rossa..

NOOOOOOOOO, it´s my fault he left :( :(

no one went to see him there :( :( :( :(

RuButt
19-05-04, 15:17
i cant find Silver Fang in sweden..

a friend dloaded it and i watched EVERYTHING...

it really sucked... c'mon... anime dogs? ninja dogs? ... hahahaha =P

Siygess
19-05-04, 15:21
Siygess basically knew it though, he just couldn't remember the name of the game. *points at Siygess* A WINNAR IS YOU!

Yay me! I knew playing too many computer games would pay off sooner or later! :D

Original monk
19-05-04, 16:39
Yay me! I knew playing too many computer games would pay off sooner or later! :D

... confess that ya found out true my hint ... :D

common man gimme some credit :P

prozium
19-05-04, 16:46
prozium = the drug/medication from the movie Equallibrium

Herbitt
19-05-04, 16:49
mines just a random name i thought up on the spot, as i did with leaf man and Evil Weevil (proud of that one :P )

Jest
19-05-04, 16:52
I picked Jest mainly because it sounds cool as a handle. ;)

I got the name Trickster from mythology. (http://www.crystalinks.com/trickster.html)

Both are kind of similiar to each other. I picked them because though I'm not necessarily a funny person, I sure don't take anything too seriously, and if I seem like I am then I am probably faking it for arguments sake. :p

bi0
19-05-04, 17:02
bi0 means b i o standing for bang it on... not 100% where it came from, but it was something to do with smoking and playing games hard. when i started on saturn i started playnig as chops, my real life nickname :o

Glok
19-05-04, 17:21
Skronk (my deleted PE that I had since November 2002) comes from 'skronking', a slang some friends of mine from Canada used for sex. I first used it in UT, and have used it for forums and games since.

Glok is a name I was 'given' while on an extended psychotic episode. Glok is a caveman that has a computer integrated with his brain inside his skull and lives a 'loop' life, the same life over and over. O_o

Sinister Intent (my Pluto char) I just made a snap decision on that name when I found that 'Sinistar' was taken. I intended to be an uber hybrid... but it seems that is impossible. :(

Furion
19-05-04, 17:39
Viruz - my 1337 CS name (i just cant get rid of it :()
Furion Stormrage or just Furion - from Warcraft 3
Lemba - the crackers or cookies they eat in LOTR are called lembas :P
Ignis - means fire..... *drool* fire.....

MrBiggles
19-05-04, 17:53
Forum name MrBiggles, which I used to have a char of, is from Austin Powers cat, Mr Bigglesworth

Main char name, Bebblebrox, is from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Yes, yes I realize it's BEEBlebrox in the book, I actually sorta thought this sounded more evil.

Abbu is my APU, and that's cause I was watching Simpsons and changed it up a little.

cRazy2003
19-05-04, 17:55
my name originated because im a fucking mad loony bitch, who does stupid things

Omnituens
19-05-04, 17:58
Omnituens - All Seer, Hybrid Monk
Omniscire - All Knower, Sniper/Hacker Spy
Omniforma - All Making, Constructing/Pistol Spy

I have other characters, they just dont fit the Omni pattern.

Aziraphale
19-05-04, 18:02
Aziraphale (forum name) comes from Good Omens by Terry Pratchett.
Althalus (rifle spy - pluto) comes from The Redemption Of Althalus by David Eddings.
Dweia (melee tank - saturn) also comes from the redemption of Althalus
Vash.T.Stampede, from Trigun.
Catherine Blake, from a song by My Dying Bride (best doom metal everrrrr)

I'm not very imaginative :p

Dubhead
19-05-04, 18:16
Well I used the name Dub back in beta4, but by the time I got round to buying retail it was taken already so i went for the following:

Obfus - Implied obscurity, stealthiness, just appeals to me for some reason :) I could be all fancy and pretend I derived it from latin, but thats just bs.

Orz - My favourite race in my favourite game of all time. *Happy Campers* anyone?

A few others, all mythology based, but I won't be sharing them!

Latent Entropy
19-05-04, 18:35
My turn, well whilst sitting in a very boring Physics lesson, we started a new topic, "oh great" i was thinking... Anyways the topic was about the hidden disorder in engines or some crap (wasnt paying much attention). Then he said what hidden disorder was in Latin for some strange reason.... and it turned out to be Latent Entropy.

So here i am. :D

That was the only thing i remeber from my physics lessons :rolleyes:

Omnituens
19-05-04, 18:40
Another Latin name! Yarrrr.

ezza
19-05-04, 18:52
Another Latin name! Yarrrr.
someone might think were an educated lot........well maybe

Promethius
19-05-04, 18:58
I've like greek mythological names and well I remembered Promethius. (also remembered the cartoon Promethius & BoB, good times)

-Prom

BombShell
19-05-04, 19:06
I've like greek mythological names and well I remembered Promethius. (also remembered the cartoon Promethius & BoB, good times)

-Prom

that was a classic cartoon.

Alpha-Omega
19-05-04, 21:49
Alpha-Omega came from a 72-hour repeat attack upon Xan Kriegor in UT, i sorta started saying "i am the alpha and omega" to myself after the second day and alpha-omega just grew outa it.

Jinhai came from my E&B days when i randomly made a play on Jenquai (one o the races) and then found out that Jinhai was some oriental philosopher so was like "am i lucky or what?".

NONpk
19-05-04, 22:01
i chose nonpk

because i hate pking without reasons :rolleyes: :angel:

QuantumDelta
19-05-04, 22:16
QuantumDelta has already been explained;

Uzumaki Naruto - look it up if you don't already know.

Iasius - Biotek space life form that doubled as a ship in the night's dawn trilogy, had decent character to it. - Spy.

Gokou - heh, shouldn't even have to say, suitable name for a Tank though I think .....dumb.

Kenshin - Master Swordsmen/Samurai -- Master assassin.
Retired from that job became a wanderer, sacrificed of himself to help others.
Good name for a PPU I think.

My none Uranus names are not things I advertise :)

Omnituens
19-05-04, 22:17
i chose nonpk

because i hate pking without reasons :rolleyes: :angel:
PEEKAAAAAYYYYYYYY

greendonkeyuk
19-05-04, 22:33
name was taken from swamp donkey (as in big weed smoker) but given to me by a friend who i used to play gauntlet with, he was the red elf or something and the game would often go red elf needs food or green warrior needs food badly, so he decided it would be fun to amalgamate the names and my nickname came from that. the uk part is jus coz when i registered it woudldnt let me put greendonkey and i never thought to use a full stop.....

Ormy
19-05-04, 23:38
Ormy, short for my middle name, Ormston, which was my mothers surname before she got married.

I have a family tree of Ormstons that goes back to about 860 A.D, some of them have played semi-important parts in British history too. :D

MrChumble
20-05-04, 01:37
Solitaire...I use that nick because it sums up a lot about me :D

MrChumble I invented on the spot many many years ago when I needed a nick. It was inspired primarily from MrChafe of PC Gamer (UK). I thought it was a cool name and Chumble was the first nonsense word that came to mind. Again it's surprisingly appropriate to my RL :)

N1n3
20-05-04, 01:46
N1n3 = my first and last Jupiter Char. The Name consists of 4 letters of my RL Name.

Eric Cobalt = complete product of my fantasy.

Abner = He was something like a warlord (Informations bout him can be found in the bible, 2. Samuel 3:20 .p)

Erik Delany = name of a vampire from a german fantasy book.

Heavyporker
20-05-04, 06:32
My name comes from a transpostion and synoyms of the words made from that transposition of my surname.

And I want to say for the LAST TIME... no, it doesn't mean a "big fat cock" or "I'm a fat pig" or "Hot and sweaty humper"

Liebestoter
20-05-04, 07:53
Liebestoter - from the Megaherz song of the same name. www.megaherz.com

Erich, Hans, Wilheim, Leonna etc. Schneider - I've been playing under this name mainly since Q1, along with a few other aliases. The whole group of us started using the Schneider surname back in 2000 in Counterstrike, moved onto RtCW, BF1942, WW2 Online, WC3, and practically every other game we could grief in. :D

spongeb0b
20-05-04, 09:16
cos im a sponge.... O_o idk why, I like the cartoon tho and erm yeh thats it :rolleyes:

Morganth
20-05-04, 11:52
Morganth - Taken from the AD+D 2nd Edition Starter Set, was the name of a wizard. Used it in every MMORPG I have played as my wizzard-type character = PPU
Avoch - Taken from The Book of Shadows by Stan Nichols, cut down from Avoch-Dar = T-C Pistol PE
Khaine - God of Death/Murder from Warhammer
Mortiis - Derived from Mortis in Rigor Mortis (where your muscles stiffen when you die) = Droner
Necriis - Taken from Necro meaning death, used same ending from my droner = APU

Will have another 3 names at some point to fill my second account. BTW in most cases if you see Morganth or Avoch in other places it is most likely me.