PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Ninja Gaiden

Lethys
18-05-04, 20:30
Best console game so far this year by a long, long way. It's one of the hardest games i've ever played but also one of the most fun, and definitely the best looking.
These days it's not very often that a game manages to be hard without being a chore to play.
It's nice to see that developers are starting to make their games a little more challenging (Gunvalkyrie, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Ikaruga, Viewtiful Joe etc). I'd actually lost all hope after finishing Devil May Cry in one day without dying once.
I personally find it hilarious that FHM rated this game 0/5 because they couldn't get past the first boss :lol:

Anyway...........discuss.....or something.

phunqe
18-05-04, 20:47
Yeah, I am downl... errr I mean waiting for it to arrive from Amazon.
I've heard good things about it.

Clownst0pper
18-05-04, 21:06
Im just at the bit with the helicoptor, at the army base entrance.

So far ive found it very old school..

Its linear, highly repetative, lacks all stealth elements, has a terrible camera, and some awful level design.

But its so bloody addictive, and looks great :p

Odin
18-05-04, 21:08
Excellent game and I only found a couple times when the camera made things difficult. You just got to learn your moves better hehe.

/me hugs his flail

Organics
19-05-04, 01:20
Ninja Gaiden?

Wasn't that the old Speccy (maybe C64 or Amiga) game from years ago?

It was good, as I recall.

Clownst0pper
19-05-04, 01:23
Excellent game and I only found a couple times when the camera made things difficult. You just got to learn your moves better hehe.

/me hugs his flail

Odin, u upgraded ur wooden sword yet? For some reason u can upgrade it like 10 times, wonder what it turns into, and yes the flails are spanking!!!

Organics
19-05-04, 01:28
Btw, got a link for it koro?

Odin
19-05-04, 01:32
Odin, u upgraded ur wooden sword yet? For some reason u can upgrade it like 10 times, wonder what it turns into, and yes the flails are spanking!!!
Haven't gotten to it yet. I've heard 7 times and on that 7th it turns into the nastiest weapon in the game.

Beaten it on 1st difficulty and now working on hard I believe...and getting my butt kicked all over the place yet again.

Clownst0pper
19-05-04, 01:59
Btw, got a link for it koro?

Link for what! 8|

Beaten it on 1st difficulty and now working on hard I believe...and getting my butt kicked all over the place yet again.

Well, When you finish the game it opens up the multiplayer for Xbox Live, where you can compete in the ninja gaiden world tournament for big prize money,

hey, if ur job at KK goes tits up odin, be a professional game player, oh wait, u are sort of :rolleyes: :p

40$Poser
19-05-04, 02:09
definetly the win, one of the best xbox games about (next to halo of course)

speaking of redone classics, they are remaking that old late 80s/early 90s arcade game N.A.R.C. (if anyone remembers that game) tho it's gonna be running off a similiar engine to State of Emergency. Either way, retro games on next gen consoles = teh win.

Odin
19-05-04, 02:11
For Xbox I'm pretty much waiting on Full Spectrum Warrior, Fable and Conker Live & Reloaded.

Clownst0pper
19-05-04, 02:12
For Xbox I'm pretty much waiting on Full Spectrum Warrior, Fable and Conker Live & Reloaded.

I was disapointed with Xbox at this years E3, nothing really blew me away :(

Fable will be fucking amazing tho, ive read reports of what the game testers have been up to, and its well, breath taking what you can do :eek:

40$Poser
19-05-04, 02:15

for me, metal slug 3, narc, halo 2, any of the NHL games, full spectrum, The movies (game looks pretty bad assed)

Odin
19-05-04, 02:27
Oh and of course Madden on xbox live finally :)

Big NFL fan :)

rob444
19-05-04, 02:32
Hmm, maybe time to spend some money on xbox :)

BombShell
19-05-04, 02:35
Hmm, maybe time to spend some money on xbox :)

if u do get the #6 version fastest CD drive. dont get 4 its the worst.

Garg [RogueNET]
19-05-04, 08:02
For Xbox I'm pretty much waiting on Full Spectrum Warrior, """Fable""" and Conker Live & Reloaded.
also waiting on Fable.. sure looks nice, living ur life from age of 12 til ur and old man... like Clownstopper... :D

Lethys
19-05-04, 10:11
As far as xbox is concerned i'm looking forward to
Fable, Halo 2, Full Spectrum Warrior, Sudeki, Advent Rising, Mechassault 2, Rallisport Challenge 2, Pro Evo Soccer, Doom 3 (cos my PC probably won't run it), BC and True Fantasy Online.

And now that Microsoft and EA have stopped arguing like little girls, Timesplitters 3, Burnout 3, Fifa 2005 and Battlefield on Xbox live :D

P.S. If anyone has Xbox Live, my gamertag is Kupo, starting to play Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell and Project Gotham 2 again.

Garg [RogueNET]
19-05-04, 10:42
Anyone completed any maps on "Legendary" on Halo?

Ive done 2 and almost done with my 3rd.

Lethys
19-05-04, 10:47
']Anyone completed any maps on "Legendary" on Halo?

Ive done 2 and almost done with my 3rd.

Finished it a year ago. Took a very long time though.

If you can do Truth and Reconciliation then the rest should be easy.

Moscow
19-05-04, 11:49
Which one is Ninja Gaiden? Is it the "sequel" to Shinobi (Where you play as the female warrior/ninja)? Or is it that weird little game where you play as the tiny Ninja with the bloated head?

I've seen both games running, but, funnily enough, I didn't have a clue what they were called.

Peace.

-Moscow

Kasumi
19-05-04, 15:00
Ninja Gaidan is an Xbox game that is no fun becauses it on the Xbox.. ^^

MasTequila
19-05-04, 15:04
I played Ninja Gaiden and it was a very well put together game but the gameplay seemed almost a clone of the gameplay of Prince of Persia and I liked the time effects and the way the story was for that better. It was a good game but didn't exactly ring my bell.

MasTequila
19-05-04, 15:06
Finished it a year ago. Took a very long time though.

If you can do Truth and Reconciliation then the rest should be easy.

Yeah I finished Legendary on XBox a while ago and just finished it on PC a few months ago. Truth and Reconciliation is a very hard mission, the first room after the grav lift can be killer.