PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Idea - Remove ServerCount #'s?

Heavyporker
18-05-04, 17:43
Just got this from a very eloquent post in a rather incendiary thread -

Why not just remove the servercount numbers from the logon screen?

Remove all this bitching about "my server's population is bigger than yours" and "ooh, one op battle I was in was like #% of your servercount, hawrr hawrr pwned" dicking around!

If that fails, how about we appeal to the mods to close every servercount thread that pops up because its just rehashing the old same shit, flame-baiting, and generally demoralizing because it does absolutely nothing but bash at the game and its players?

Shadow Dancer
18-05-04, 17:47
I vote no. Not every server thread turns into flame wars, and people entering a server deserve to know if it's a frikkin wasteland or not.

Btw, I don't get your third option. :confused:

prozium
18-05-04, 17:48
some mmorpgs like EQ did this a long time ago because they said it was pointless for others to see how many people are on the server and for privacy issues.. i voted yes

Heavyporker
18-05-04, 17:48
third option lets something like NLPro display servercounts for their users, it just wont be on the Neocron login screen.

El_MUERkO
18-05-04, 17:50
Ignorance is bliss?

Benjie
18-05-04, 19:10
I don't use Neolauncher pro.

I don't want to either.

Don't remove server count.

Cruzbroker
18-05-04, 19:15
Don't remove. I choose my server with it. (when uranus hit's 150+ I go there, else I go saturn)...

BUT, English and German "official language" should be removed.

kurai
18-05-04, 21:41
Why not just remove the servercount numbers from the logon screen?

Remove all this bitching about "my server's population is bigger than yours" and "ooh, one op battle I was in was like #% of your servercount, hawrr hawrr pwned" dicking around!Voted No.

Simply withholding useful information from the general population will not stop retards being retards.

If you go down that route you might as well arbitrarily ban any mention of any subject that has ever had a dickhead reply.

Or shut down the forums entirely - same effect.

Strych9
18-05-04, 21:44
Also, all we need is someone firing the game up for the first time when it happens to be the slow time of the day for Pluto, going on Pluto when it has 29 players on it, and then wondering why Neocron is called a MMORPG.

Opar
18-05-04, 22:25
I used to play a game called Legend Of Mir.

You used to DM 'who' and it would automaticcly reply with the server count.

Nifty.

Omnituens
18-05-04, 23:04
I don't use Neolauncher pro.

I don't want to either.

Don't remove server count.
Agreed.

Lethys
18-05-04, 23:05
I used to play a game called Legend Of Mir.

You used to DM 'who' and it would automaticcly reply with the server count.

Nifty.

Hahaha that was the first MMO i ever played.

It was awful.

naimex
19-05-04, 00:22
leave the server counts..

nothing more refreshing than waking up in the evening, watching a post containing :

"we´s has da bestest serva poplatjons wes pawn j000!!!!!1111oneoneoennoe"
"butts wes gots da 1337357 påplatjons, saow wes pawns j00s!"

it´s rather refreshing... even heard talk it´s healthy to start the day with laughing..

Alex Krom
19-05-04, 01:02
the forum should adapt to the game not the other way around...
if u can follow me ;)

VetteroX
19-05-04, 03:08
let me translate what heavy porker is saying: Remove server count numbers, so that some people might consider actually playing on my server (pluto)

No, keep it how it is.... hopefully all new/people comming back will join saturn, because its the only english server with decent numbers, so theres one big super server... the majority can be happy there, and you 45 people who like to roleplay and dont care about pvp or population can be on your server...

Rai Wong
19-05-04, 06:41
not when everyone else have their capped characters on uranus? starting on a new server without money or friends is difficult, imagine you trying to start all over again in uranus?

Blazer12
19-05-04, 07:10
not when everyone else have their capped characters on uranus? starting on a new server without money or friends is difficult, imagine you trying to start all over again in uranus?

All that is gonna happen here is Vet is gonna respond with soemthing along the lines of "OMG! I could cap a char on any server under any circumstance cause i r teh 1337ness!!! I mean its not hard to cap a char stop whining noone go to pluto it sucks cause noone plays!!!"

Or atleast something along those lines. But of course he is just gonna turn around and flame me because I gave away waht he was gonna say. :D

TheGreatMilenko
19-05-04, 07:50
all i can say is wtf? :wtf: who cares about server count every 1 knows its low
plus i dont think the #`s are true because u go to a server with 200+ people on it and u go to the whole map and only find like 30 people

VetteroX
19-05-04, 08:00
no... I might say I am the best... but not I R teh l337ness... or whatever... just because you like games doesnt mean you should abandon english and speak like a geek.

Freaky Fryd
19-05-04, 09:32
remove server counts...maybe it will fix the paradox if nothing else...

People compain about low server count on server (A), so join a different server (B)...but because they choose to join (B), the server count of (A) stays low...

Praetorian
20-05-04, 15:53
let me translate what heavy porker is saying: Remove server count numbers, so that some people might consider actually playing on my server (pluto)

No, keep it how it is.... hopefully all new/people comming back will join saturn, because its the only english server with decent numbers, so theres one big super server... the majority can be happy there, and you 45 people who like to roleplay and dont care about pvp or population can be on your server...

I swore not to get into these lame debates again, but let me correct that translation... It translates into: Remove population count so people can stop whining and crying about what server has what population coz its getting so old and lame.

Oh and Saturn is super? thats why people i havent seen for a year is returning to pluto coz they say Saturn has turned into crap... Think about that for awhile... :rolleyes:

Heavyporker
20-05-04, 15:55
Not to mention, it'd be a good thing for when BDoY comes - at that point, you REALLY don't want servers to be chosen just for population counts, think of what will happen if 2000 people simulatenously pile on Saturn.

MISS WHIP
20-05-04, 16:24
Not to mention, it'd be a good thing for when BDoY comes - at that point, you REALLY don't want servers to be chosen just for population counts, think of what will happen if 2000 people simulatenously pile on Saturn.

2000 PEOPLE ON SATURN DAMM WE CAN ONLY BUT PRAY FOR THAT :lol:

EDIT : minus the lag :D :D :D

J. Folsom
20-05-04, 16:25
Not to mention, it'd be a good thing for when BDoY comes - at that point, you REALLY don't want servers to be chosen just for population counts, think of what will happen if 2000 people simulatenously pile on Saturn.I think we'd get all the mods going insane merging the sheer amount of "FIX SATURN!" posts that'd appear ;)

That is assuming server stability at larger population numbers does not improve, of course.

---

I do like the idea in principle, but on the other hand, I don't.
The parts I like is that people would make less population based choices when it comes to picking servers, which would hopefully even out the amount of players.
What I dislike is that KK would specifically decide not to show these; I've always preferred more open policies.

Though the fansite driven counts could make up for that, I guess.