PDA

View Full Version : Revolute the current system

naimex
18-05-04, 16:12
Been thinking about this for some time now, and have decided that now is the time. :

My Proposal :

-Remove Soul Light
-Add NCPD Sympathy
-Add Trader Union as Faction
-Add Anarchy Breed as Faction

Why ??

Because, soullight atm, is broken.

Logic for removal of SL and adding of NCPD symp :
-There are no copbots nearby, so they cannot see that you have committed a "crime".
-Soullight doesnīt work on context, it works on action. (which is wrong, (for instance the killing in defense))

I believe that making a NCPD Sympathy instead of Soullight, will make this work.. and then make city sectors NCPD Zones. (Like Anarchy is now) and make all non-city zones Warzones.

Logic for Trader Union :
-No matter what, then there will always be someone with the ability to stay neutral. which would be this faction. A faction dedicated to the traders.

Logic for Anarchy Breed :
-No matter what, then there will always be someone opposing all forms of control, and system. Which would be a faction dedicated to those that wish to live a "nomad" life, with no affiliations whatsoever.

Marx
18-05-04, 16:13
Sure, why not.

Strych9
18-05-04, 16:17
Just make all faction guards only react to FS. KOS to neg FS on sight. Warnings to low FS. Remove SL.

Make copbots and stormbots react to "pro-city" FS, and DOY bots and whatever the copbot/stormbot equiv is in DOY react to "anti-city" FS.

Then you can have actual neutrals, actual tradeskill RP, etc.

The game would make sense.

ezza
18-05-04, 16:19
the problem is, remove the SL thingy, and people will have a field day killing allies etc, not saying thats a bad thing just pointing out.

naimex
18-05-04, 16:20
the problem is, remove the SL thingy, and people will have a field day killing allies etc, not saying thats a bad thing just pointing out.

and they will lose faction symphaty for it, but they wont lose SL for it, unless it is in a city zone, and even then it wont be SL then it will be NCPD symphaty

Dribble Joy
18-05-04, 16:20
Just make all faction guards only react to FS. KOS to neg FS on sight. Warnings to low FS. Remove SL.

Make copbots and stormbots react to "pro-city" FS, and DOY bots and whatever the copbot/stormbot equiv is in DOY react to "anti-city" FS.

Then you can have actual neutrals, actual tradeskill RP, etc.

The game would make sense.
Exactly.

I have said this sooo many times before.
It would make the game make far more sense and give fac symp something other than a means to swap factions.

ezza
18-05-04, 16:22
and they will lose faction symphaty for it, but they wont lose SL for it, unless it is in a city zone, and even then it wont be SL then it will be NCPD symphaty
but who really cares about FS anyway, i have -99 in all but BD and CS i wouldnt bother me if the guards kos'd me for having that

naimex
18-05-04, 16:24
but who really cares about FS anyway, i have -99 in all but BD and CS i wouldnt bother me if the guards kos'd me for having that

everyone will, if they dont get a warning, before the guards shoot them at -16 FS or lower.

Strych9
18-05-04, 16:26
but who really cares about FS anyway, i have -99 in all but BD and CS i wouldnt bother me if the guards kos'd me for having thatThats why I say to make ALL faction guards react to FS.

You kill CA runners, and get neg CA FS, you had better not come around any CA factional guards. You want to kill your OWN kind? Better be able to survive away from your own factional area.

Makes sense.

naimex
18-05-04, 16:28
Oh, and of course, make factional standings dynamic.

you have -16 or lower FS in a faction then you are hostile
you have -15 to +15 FS in a faction then you are neutral
you have +16 or higher in a faction then you are allied

Lafiel
18-05-04, 16:33
i like it.

ezza
18-05-04, 16:34
Oh, and of course, make factional standings dynamic.

you have -16 or lower FS in a faction then you are hostile
you have -15 to +15 FS in a faction then you are neutral
you have +16 or higher in a faction then you are allied
sry i might be being a bit slow here, so would this work from a person to person basic.

so say if i was BD, i killed a lot of TT and got -99 so would they then be red to me or whatever? or how would it work on a clan base?

would it talk all the chars factions symps and work from that or...?

i think this idea is good, im just trying to work it out

naimex
18-05-04, 16:37
yes that was my idea

person to person,

each person have individual factionate standings.

Strych9
18-05-04, 16:37
sry i might be being a bit slow here, so would this work from a person to person basic.

so say if i was BD, i killed a lot of TT and got -99 so would they then be red to me or whatever? or how would it work on a clan base?

would it talk all the chars factions symps and work from that or...?

i think this idea is good, im just trying to work it outIn my mind, this has nothing to do with a clan.

If YOU kill a lot of TT runners, and get -99, then all TT factional guards will KOS you immediately.

I am personally not sure what role, if ANY, copbots should play. I dont see a need for them if we make faction guards respond to FS.

naimex
18-05-04, 16:39
In my mind, this has nothing to do with a clan.

If YOU kill a lot of TT runners, and get -99, then all TT factional guards will KOS you immediately.

I am personally not sure what role, if ANY, copbots should play. I dont see a need for them if we make faction guards respond to FS.

they would be keeping the peace..

if a person kills another person in a city zone (NCPD zone)

he would lose NCPD symphathy

and would become a "wanted man" as soon as his NCPD symphathy goes below -16

Original monk
18-05-04, 16:40
i like it.

same here, i like it alot, its not particualry fun when you did 2 million missions and get to 100 SL yust to see it pop down to -5 when you accidentally hit an allied faction with 1 hit when afterwords this guy gets killed by someone else ...

sucky system

ezza
18-05-04, 16:40
ok i think it should take in to account clan standing or somthing but i still like the idea and would back this up as a change from the dumb SL system.

this would good or bad re introduce some of the old time pkers im sure.

L3m0n
18-05-04, 16:42
From what ive read, DOY will solve all if not most of these problems, tbh i dont think KK are going to take people (they only have a handfull) of DOY to change/sort out the SL problem.
Yes its a problem but at the ned of the day its been around longer than most of the current players so will they do anything about it now?

But yeh its a good idea, been said before but still a good idea.

Cytaur
18-05-04, 16:44
There should be jails too... Instead of for example banning someone for 7 days, give them 7 real days jail time without being able to direct msg / custom / clan / buddy chat... only local hah

With jails then there could be more serious punishments for lesser crimes, rather than just getting killed by GM or sent to synch (or darkmetal). For example someone dicking during an event - bang, jailed. Someone griefing? Jailed! One talks against Reeza in public and not OOC chat - jailed!

Marx
18-05-04, 16:44
this would good or bad re introduce some of the old time pkers im sure.
The game has been lacking notable pkers, sure there are little asshats who're like "hur rhurrr, i killed a noob at mb!"... But none of the good old fashioned "I wiped out everyone who was leveling in those sewers over there".

naimex
18-05-04, 16:45
From what ive read, DOY will solve all if not most of these problems, tbh i dont think KK are going to take people (they only have a handfull) of DOY to change/sort out the SL problem.
Yes its a problem but at the ned of the day its been around longer than most of the current players so will they do anything about it now?

But yeh its a good idea, been said before but still a good idea.

I hope to get these things discussed in place, so we can get to a clear definitive solution, that will be easy to implement, and will not screw over everyone, and at the same time would be an amazing thing for the game.

the more "artifact" we can make this idea, the higher the possibility of it getting ingame will be.

Kasumi
18-05-04, 16:46
The game has been lacking notable pkers, sure there are little asshats who're like "hur rhurrr, i killed a noob at mb!"... But none of the good old fashioned "I wiped out everyone who was leveling in those sewers over there".
I would say this is a very good thing.. No one wants Pkers.. ^^

Original monk
18-05-04, 16:47
There should be jails too... Instead of for example banning someone for 7 days, give them 7 real days jail time without being able to direct msg / custom / clan / buddy chat... only local hah

With jails then there could be more serious punishments for lesser crimes, rather than just getting killed by GM or sent to synch (or darkmetal). For example someone dicking during an event - bang, jailed. Someone griefing? Jailed! One talks against Reeza in public and not OOC chat - jailed!

sounds to fomklike not ?

btw i wouldnt wonna be put it jail cause some 7/11 melleetankNIB runs into my barrel at the chaoscaves :/

edit:

From what ive read, DOY will solve all if not most of these problems.

from what i read, DoY will solve everything ... but those high expectations wont do anyone any good ...

naimex
18-05-04, 16:47
I would say this is a very good thing.. No one wants Pkers.. ^^

tbh, I would rather have 24/7 war than I would have "Wonderland"

ezza
18-05-04, 16:48
ya true true

kasumi, a lot of people want pkers

Kasumi
18-05-04, 16:49
tbh, I would rather have 24/7 war than I would have "Wonderland"Games that punish PKers are alot more succesful than games that dont..Neocron will never grow unless PKing is fixed somehow.. That is why I agree with your idea.. It will help with it..

If you need example.. ^^

Final fantasy XI.. Has PvP but it is restricted in ltos of ways.. It has a very big community more than NEocron has ever reached..

greendonkeyuk
18-05-04, 16:51
any suggestion to improve current standings sounds good in my book. the only thing i can see that might be bad is having members of a clan having different sympathies (and then different political stances ie neutral enemy etc) to their own clan mates. For example if im black dragon and one of my clan has killed loads of biotechs then he might be red to them but im not. While i can see this is good on a personal level (only one guy has beef with biotech) i do feel for the clan leaders trying to control their clans.

Anarchy breed should most definately be added. without a doubt.

naimex
18-05-04, 16:53
any suggestion to improve current standings sounds good in my book. the only thing i can see that might be bad is having members of a clan having different sympathies (and then different political stances ie neutral enemy etc) to their own clan mates. For example if im black dragon and one of my clan has killed loads of biotechs then he might be red to them but im not. While i can see this is good on a personal level (only one guy has beef with biotech) i do feel for the clan leaders trying to control their clans.

Anarchy breed should most definately be added. without a doubt.

I have no doubt seeing your point with the clan thing, however I fail to see a reason for it to change..

If in real life (just to compare to something), you piss off some dude, then he wonīt be your best buddy just because you become part of a group.

Biznatchy
18-05-04, 16:55
ya true true

kasumi, a lot of people want pkers

Yes but we want PKers that make sense. Just random killing of allies just doesnt make sense. There is an F6 list for a reason if we do away with that and each clan/runner has his own personal F6 then it would be a larger mass confusion. You could kill a guy tha was red to you but your faction wasnt red to him as your two F6 list dont match up,...,,,... wtf does any of that make sense.

So where are we going with this topic.

n3m
18-05-04, 16:59
This Idea I like, together with the clan wars thingy fixed this could change neocron into something new.. :D

naimex
18-05-04, 17:00
Yes but we want PKers that make sense. Just random killing of allies just doesnt make sense. There is an F6 list for a reason if we do away with that and each clan/runner has his own personal F6 then it would be a larger mass confusion. You could kill a guy tha was red to you but your faction wasnt red to him as your two F6 list dont match up,...,,,... wtf does any of that make sense.

So where are we going with this topic.

Just because his faction is green to you doesnīt mean that that person if a "good guy".

So if he is not a friend of your faction, then why should he care, what your relation to his faction is ?

Itīs post apocalyptic, itīs not a happily ever after wonderland story.

ezza
18-05-04, 17:02

So where are we going with this topic.except the f6 in this idea wouldnt be like f6 now, your F6 with this idea would be effected by your symps so for me i could go around slaughtering all but crahn and BD(cos i like bd :D )

J. Folsom
18-05-04, 17:05
Should be some warning of a person's standing with your faction though. For example, by colouring their name much like soullight does now. This makes sense too, as your faction most likely keeps a database of people who are known to attack employees.

Plus make sympathy gain/loss also related to the person you kill; basically, any factions which would normally lose sympathy by killing, would not lose sympathy if the runner you kill has bad relationship with those factions.
(For example, a BT runner could kill a CA runner without any serious consequences if that CA runner had really low BT sympathy)

naimex
18-05-04, 17:06
Should be some warning of a person's standing with your faction though. For example, by colouring their name much like soullight does now. This makes sense too, as your faction most likely keeps a database of people who are known to attack employees.

Plus make sympathy gain/loss also related to the person you kill; basically, any factions which would normally lose sympathy by killing, would not lose sympathy if the runner you kill has bad relationship with those factions.
(For example, a BT runner could kill a CA runner without any serious consequences if that CA runner had really low BT sympathy)

Interesting, however I have a problem understanding it completely, would you mind explain it in a different way ?

Strych9
18-05-04, 17:06
except the f6 in this idea wouldnt be like f6 now, your F6 with this idea would be effected by your symps so for me i could go around slaughtering all but crahn and BD(cos i like bd :D )Sure you could, but you then couldnt travel ANYWHERE inside of Neocron (and BDOY after it comes out) except for the BD only areas, and the Crahn only areas. Everywhere else, faction guards and copbots would shoot you on sight.

So as long as you would stay out of the City save PP2/PP3 and outzone, then you would be okay.

naimex
18-05-04, 17:08
Sure you could, but you then couldnt travel ANYWHERE inside of Neocron (and BDOY after it comes out) except for the BD only areas, and the Crahn only areas. Everywhere else, faction guards and copbots would shoot you on sight.

So as long as you would stay out of the City save PP2/PP3 and outzone, then you would be okay.

it would be the same in DoY

where the DSF (DoY Security Force) would control their areas. in much the same way as NCPD does for NC.

ezza
18-05-04, 17:11
ok im really down with this idea, but they shouldnt reset the symps, took me long time to get them this low :D

Strych9
18-05-04, 17:19
ok im really down with this idea, but they shouldnt reset the symps, took me long time to get them this low :DMy peaceful NEXT constructor should be able to go anywhere on the map and not be attacked by guards, including TG.

My Crahn PvP tank, with -99 FS in like the top half of the factional listing, shouldnt be allowed to freely walk around the city in front of guards in factions that he has -99 FS with.

Sign me up.

Oh, and for the whole ally/neutral/enemy standing-

1. You can get 100 FS max in allied factions, 30 FS max in Neutral factions, and 0 FS Max in enemy factions.

2. Guards dont KOS you until you are at -15 or lower.

3. Kills are scaled by your faction/enemy faction standings. You are CA, and you kill a TG runner with high TG FS, you get a huge TG FS hit. You are CA, and you kill a TG runner with poor TG FS, you get a smaller TG FS hit.

4. No one kill can spike you from 100FS to -15.

More ideas.

Carinth
18-05-04, 18:15
I've spent a long time trying to figure out how NCPD is so omniscient that they can report a murder the instant it happens anywhere in the wastelands. And if they're so good, how is it that DOY does anything in secret?

J. Folsom
18-05-04, 18:20
I've spent a long time trying to figure out how NCPD is so omniscient that they can report a murder the instant it happens anywhere in the wastelands.I'd guess that just like the Law Enforcer everyone get's put in their head CityAdmin probably also installs another, more covert implant.

This would monitor the production of various hormones throughout a person's body, and send through this information to NCPD periodically, as well as sending through information displayed by the RPOS.

Than by monitoring adrenaline production along with the aforesaid RPOS activities an effective link could be made between a runner dieing and the person who killed him.

@Naimex: I'll make a more detailed explanation in about an hour, don't have time now.

Strych9
18-05-04, 18:20
I've spent a long time trying to figure out how NCPD is so omniscient that they can report a murder the instant it happens anywhere in the wastelands. And if they're so good, how is it that DOY does anything in secret?I have often thought that the NCPD should NOT be affected by anything in the wastelands.

But

Factions will know where their runners are killed. And I guess the NCPD could have access to murder report listings in factional mainframes. I dont think that is too far of a stretch.

Now the DOY aspect- yeah, that doesnt hold any water as to how DOY could do anything in secret. :)