PDA

View Full Version : Genreprules

Original monk
18-05-04, 15:28
Hiya, yust for the info of it i would like to know who would like to see the genreprules completely removed ... ffcourse if this happens then outposts should get another form of security, like gates or special traps ... build in turrets ... or i dunno what all...

If you have a nice idea on how to improve/change the genrepsystem then feel free to post it ffcourse.

Have fun and enjoy postin

Cytaur
18-05-04, 15:29
I think GRs should be hackable to remove the restrictions for like 15 seconds or so

SorkZmok
18-05-04, 15:30
As soon as the desert racetrack genrep comes in (hopefully with the next patch), theres absolutely no problem with the genrep rules.
Theres enough free genreps, theres vehicles and theres still a chance to find one you can access. And how bout DMing a clan member asking him to open the genrep for just 2 minutes.

Works perfect for me.

Original monk
18-05-04, 15:35
can a GM please make a poll with the question: would you like to see the genreprules removed and a yes/no/i dont care option ?

whats that about you can only add a poll 5 minutes after ya start making a thread lol :)

anyway, it would be sweet if one of you could make a poll out of my question :)

winnoc
18-05-04, 15:45
Well, hackeable gr's (DOY) for spies that is :-)

Then with the dessert racetrack gr comming i also think it's fine as it is.

There has to be some point in taking and holding ops right? :-)

ezza
18-05-04, 15:56
i used to have to run everywhere to go to where i want cos BD never used to have any ops, now adays i have access to a few ops but still have to run a fair bit(or if on tank hovertec it :D )

annoying but i got used to it, now i have np with the GRs, if i need to go to the north west battledome and run a few sectors, NE escador or elfarid

midlands just go to crest, its not so bad imo

Original monk
18-05-04, 16:02
There has to be some point in taking and holding ops right? :-)

and the point is to make it harder for others to get to there huntingterritory's ? i think you can think of a more intresting use of OP's not ?

cool if its an enemy etc ... but every genrep is fully closed ...

and when we get a genrep at the racetrack then it would be easier ffcourse ... but until now i havent seen a racetrack genrep ... thats about 1,5 years waiting and lots of promises later yeah ...

venturewarps where meant to be a cheap alternative to genreps (said about 2 years ago ...) and onlything they do is warp you to a random place ... nice alternative if youre hunting somewhere and you die ...

thats the thing that buggers me ... after walking 8 zones to get to decent huntingspots (all in the NE corner yeah ... graves, mc5, chaoscaves) you can hunt and all mmkay ... but when ya die and dont have a ppu up youre ass you can walk those 8 zones again ... everytime ... yipie

now if this game was 100% completely bugfree then no prob ... but when ya die in synching and die of lag everytime it gets depressing yes

i knew the time when there where no genreprules ... people fought for OP's also back then ya know ... and everyone was happy that he could go where he wanted to go ... not be restricted by some retards that always happen to be from other factions ... genreprules are food for factionhoppers

Original monk
18-05-04, 18:21
dear GM reading this, i changed my mind :/ also due to the fact the amount of reaction is low in quantity (luckely not in quality) and because my wee mind allready figured out how 90% of this forum shall think about the removal of the GR rules ... in pure contrast with every possible impulse i get/got online ... you can remove my poll, or wanted to be poll, cause there's none yet :P

so with youre aproval lock this thread down if you like

thanx in advance and sorry for my doublepost :)

have fun playing and posting