PDA

View Full Version : Risk Your Life

Garg [RogueNET]
18-05-04, 09:02
Anyone tried RYL out?

Started yesterday got my human warrior up to lvl 13 :)

Incase you dont know what it is: http://www.ryl.com.my/

It's open beta atm so you should atleast try it.

Cytaur
18-05-04, 09:08
I just don't have enough words to describe how much I hate those asian MMO's

INFERNO22
18-05-04, 10:27
Yeah i played it a bit but i didn't like it so im playing The Saga of ryzom
its graphics are far superior to ryl and the game play seems better, thats my veiw The Saga of Ryzom (http://www.ryzom.com) the graphics are very nice on it ,its worth a try =Phttp://ryzom.com/downloads/screenshots/800/screen_1_26-04-2004.jpg

jernau
18-05-04, 10:41
I really like Ryzom but I fear the devs are going to rush the release. It would be a real shame if they did as it's a great game but I just can't see any MMO surviving a botched release these days unless it has someone like Sony behind it.

Garg [RogueNET]
18-05-04, 11:41
"Downloading Ryzom" Fileplanet wuldnt open itself... down?

so im using a program dloading from another guy who has it... *10hrs later, still waiting*

SorkZmok
18-05-04, 13:31
I'm playing it.
But it isnt as much fun as you think. Not enough content. Level up safely, loot stuff, then hit the Arena and fight the other race. No tradeskills at all. Pretty much like Diablo with better graphics and less story. And more ppl. And less hackers. :lol:

Oh and be sure to play a human sorcerer (or whatever they're called), those level up so damn fast and can annihilate pretty much everything and anything. ;)

Cryton
18-05-04, 14:30
Can only say that Ryzom is way too SWGish for me. For some reason I still have to say that NC is the best out here (even im not playing anylonger). But I can only say that all the open betas I have tried the last month - they are all utter crap.

/Cryton

thebee
18-05-04, 15:05
i played ryzom, i liked the constructing and tradeskilling....and when i first started playing it it seemed ro have potential and endless possibilities. Now though, I see that its not really as robust as I thought. I agree that neocron is by far the most expansive MMO to date.

There is so much they can do here that its not even funny. We are only seeing a tip of the iceberg. I believe once KK jumps these first year or two we will see this game grow like a virus...yes the human speicies is a virus ;)

Kasumi
18-05-04, 15:51
I just don't have enough words to describe how much I hate those asian MMO's
May I ask why?

Mumblyfish
18-05-04, 16:03
Guild Wars > Risk Your Life.

Necromancer/Elementalist for life, yo.

Cytaur
18-05-04, 16:39
May I ask why?

One thing I can tell for sure is that 99% of them are based on anime... And the people that play them are 98% koreans... and I had a very bad experience with koreans in diablo2 (plus I played a bunch of asian mmo's in the past)

Opar
18-05-04, 17:14
Guild wars is the biggest pile of crap ever 8|

Mumblyfish
18-05-04, 17:16
Guild wars is the biggest pile of crap ever 8|
Lew-sar. For the three days Guild Wars was open, it rocked. The combat was fun, the missions were really new for the genre, and the instancing and downloaded content worked.

In summary, Babylon 5 is a big pile of shit!

Garg [RogueNET]
18-05-04, 17:29
can anyone else get in on Fileplanet?

I cant load it and i need to get in there to get my activation code for Ryzom :S

jernau
18-05-04, 18:23
']can anyone else get in on Fileplanet?

I cant load it and i need to get in there to get my activation code for Ryzom :S
I can get to the homepage. If you have a direct link I can check it.

@thebee - I know what you mean. There is something lacking and I can't see it having very long-term appeal. Given another 3-6 months of development it could be amazing but if it comes out next month as planned it'll be another NC/CDV-style screw up and I'm not paying to beta another game for 2 years while it gets finished. While it's free though and I can contribute to the testing without paying for the privelege it's fun and miles better than anything else out there except NC which, let's be honest, is fucked atm.

thebee
18-05-04, 18:33
@thebee - I know what you mean. There is something lacking and I can't see it having very long-term appeal. Given another 3-6 months of development it could be amazing but if it comes out next month as planned it'll be another NC/CDV-style screw up and I'm not paying to beta another game for 2 years while it gets finished. While it's free though and I can contribute to the testing without paying for the privelege it's fun and miles better than anything else out there except NC which, let's be honest, is fucked atm.

yah poor neocron is fubared at the moment. i have alot of faith in this new patch. i believe it will fix many of the "woahs" of being a runner, especially a tradeskiller. but its still got alot of potential and it will eventually see its potential and kk will bring it to its full. i have faith in that.

"Its the dream of every game designer, or artist for that fact, to create something that succeeds in one aspect or another. Its just how it comes to be that makes the masses nash thier teeth."

Flashlite
18-05-04, 19:13
I been beta testing Ryzom got a nice char 170 off magic/130def magic/30 self/ 35 melee with martis 30q long sword/ 51 crafing/ just started harvest level 23. this game has very good graphics. they beta started good then they patched it and it crashed alot then they patched again to fix it. never crashed once. the people in the game are nice. i dont like the ponit and click pvp. but its fun. the martis land graphics are so nice its better then all neocron's land put together.

thebee
18-05-04, 19:37
graphics-> why are they so important? i believe these "eyecandy" ppl are not TRUE deathmatch/FPS players.....i remeber tweaking my quake style games all to hell to see my enemies better....not so i could count the leaves on the tree that my foe was standing behind...my response to that is: "What tree? I dont see a tree. Just my target"

Aziraphale
18-05-04, 19:40
I've been playing RYL for the past few hours and I don't think much of it.
Leveling a newbie is just dull dull dull.
Maybe gets better at high levels?
But the equiptment system looks a bit pathetic, its just a level ladder. Reminds me of that awful 'Biosfear' game.
What was addictive about Diablo was the hunt for the next pointiest stick of shiniest hat. RYL doesn't seem to have this factor.

Garg [RogueNET]
18-05-04, 19:44
Can anyone go get an activation key for Ryzom for me?
Still cant get into fileplanet. 8|

jernau
18-05-04, 20:52
graphics-> why are they so important? i believe these "eyecandy" ppl are not TRUE deathmatch/FPS players.....i remeber tweaking my quake style games all to hell to see my enemies better....not so i could count the leaves on the tree that my foe was standing behind...my response to that is: "What tree? I dont see a tree. Just my target"
Well, if you are talking MMORPGs almost none of them are even close to FPS combat. NC is as near as you'll find and even that's not the same.

N1n3
20-05-04, 01:58
RYL looks like a bad Lineage 2 to me..

Disturbed021
20-05-04, 02:10
What was addictive about Diablo was the hunt for the next pointiest stick of shiniest hat. RYL doesn't seem to have this factor.
That's exactly what I thought when I tried it. Reminds me of D2 but w/o the story....not that I paid that much attention to the story but it was something else going on in the background while you were killing stuff *shrug* I know several ppl playing ryl and I honestly don't see why...

dL9
20-05-04, 06:22
Guild Wars > Risk Your Life.

Necromancer/Elementalist for life, yo.

Props to that