PDA

View Full Version : Gaining faction symth. problems killing runners.

zii
17-05-04, 23:07
Hi all,

One of my chars has -99 in almost everything bar TG and Crahn. TG is -38.

So in order to get back into the good books I got a CA runner to let me kill her. I made sure that she has negative SL so I didn't get a bad SL hit and then proceeded to kill her approx 25 times.

We did this in her apartment.

I gained zero faction sym in TG or Crahn during that period. My FS stayed the same. Bit strange, especially as it was a waste of money - I had to pay her you know!

Does anyone know why that didn't work? I don't know any other way of gain faction sym other than killing runners or NPC, but you get SL hits from killing NPCs, so its not viable.

Regards,
Zii.

J. Folsom
17-05-04, 23:10
Actually, it get's non-viable to keep good sympathies once you've ever started killing runners or NPCs of even one faction for the pure purpose of changing your faction sympathy.
I'm not 100% certain, but I think faction sympathy does always regenerate back to 10; however, this takes so long once you get below -30 sympathy, it's not really viable.

Anyway, what is your faction? As killing BD is reasonable for getting back as many sympathies as you want due to the fact they have the largest amount of enemies.

zii
17-05-04, 23:13
My faction is BD. I just want to gain faction symth in Crahn and/or TG. I don't care about the rest.

Epsilon 5
17-05-04, 23:13
faction sympathies don't move when it comes to killing negative SL runners.

zii
17-05-04, 23:14
bugger. that screws things up a bit.

J. Folsom
17-05-04, 23:15
Ok, if you're BD you should be able to kill positive soullight CA runners for sympathies in Crahn and TG. You never get soullight hits from killing enemy runners, and conveniently enough CA are your enemy.

MrChumble
17-05-04, 23:17
If you have a spare PC you can create a trial account and use that. Or find someone with a spare char slot who owes you a favour :p

extract
18-05-04, 01:51
you didnt get any symp solely cause the CA runner had neg SL

I killed a crahn monk earlier today who killed my noob PP pistol spy....so i logged my hi lvl PP droner/ he had yellow SL, owned him in about 3 secs with a mosquito, didnt get any SL or faction symphit...u need to kill positive SL enemies to gain faction sympathy

naimex
18-05-04, 03:16
^^

I thought doing exactly that was against the rules ^^

extract
18-05-04, 04:24
^^

I thought doing exactly that was against the rules ^^

I dont see how, afaik, the only exploitable way to get FS, is to kill faction NPCs with LE.....

afterall it is still pk, just voluntary...and if thats illegal then theres a whole load of people in PP on saturn today who should get a fat ban, as i dont know anyone who involuntarily goes to PP to fight and dies in PP :lol:

Houston
19-05-04, 18:02
If your BD wich i am also go kill Ca npc's u wont get SL hit sense your faction enemies with CA i had -99 tg symp on my PE went to CA HQ killed NPC's for a bit and had +50.