PDA

View Full Version : The lack of content

Cytaur
17-05-04, 21:10
In fact, the game has lots of contents and almost unimaginable amount of areas to level at / to explore !

Look at the World of Warcraft for example, do you really believe it would have more content that Neocron presently has and will in near future ? It simply doesn't. What Blizzard do is simply limit the certain areas to a certain level. Newbies for example don't get to exploit the high-level cave monsters, and nobody powerlevels in medium-level dungeons. Thus they don't get to see the entire game in a day! It's the same as you buy Far Cry for example, get all the possible cheats/trainers for it, skip levels from first to last and then complain that Far Cry should have been longer. You're the most saddest and retarded person in the world for doing that. Same in Neocron, a newbie can get out in the wild and gets a chance to see the whole game in a day. All the "high-level" caves, the 120/120 mob leveling areas etc... Even power leveling in the chaos caves kills all the "exploration" fun.

If current caves were to subject of level capping, nobody would complain about lack of content, and being able to explore the whole game in no time. Just imagine your routine when you start a new character... Get out of MC5, go to Aggie cellars, go to Bunker, finish at Chaos Caves. Two days later you're fully capped character that complains how easy and boring the game is. What for example if you weren't allowed to leave the MC5 until you're rank x/5 or x/10, then you can't leave the city until you're x/15 or x/20. After that cap the high-end caves for ranks x/50 and x/60 (chaos / wormtunnel / graves) and some mid-level caves for ranks x/30 and x/40 (swamp caves / crystal caves / gaia).

Limiting what you can see, makes you think that there's more than you can imagine. But when you've seen all of it, you just want more of it. The world is small, and the world is not enough.

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 21:26
or it could just be there are only 5 or 6 places worth going to, the rest is empty? The fact that certain area's are heavily used to power level, is a damning enditment on the game itself, and the content levels of the game. You get to choose to level between only a handful of places, or for quick cap, a group in tunnels with apu's/barrels, and once you have reached cap, got your weapons, there is nothing to do except Op wars, exploring in NC usualy ends with:

a) being ganked by red runners
b) being ganked by mobs at border lines
c) being ganked by DOY Bots
d) wondering why your exploring when there is nothing to see.

zii
17-05-04, 23:01
Ive been playing this game for awhile and there are places I've never been to and places I've forgotten about. When I go back there I think, hey wow!

This game has places to see, whether in the city or in the outdoors.

J. Folsom
17-05-04, 23:06
To reply to the topic at hand, while I can agree, I do not think directly forcing level based restrictions should ever be done. Instead these barriers should be "natural", that is if you venture too far in the wastelands, the chances get slimmer and slimmer of getting through at low levels, as more and strongers mobs spawn once you get in deeper.

Currently NC is already attempting this, but it's not working as it should just yet.

Cytaur
18-05-04, 09:10
those "natural" barriers don't work... A 0/2 can kill a grim chaser any time...

Garg [RogueNET]
18-05-04, 09:12
To reply to the topic at hand, while I can agree, I do not think directly forcing level based restrictions should ever be done. Instead these barriers should be "natural", that is if you venture too far in the wastelands, the chances get slimmer and slimmer of getting through at low levels, as more and strongers mobs spawn once you get in deeper.

Currently NC is already attempting this, but it's not working as it should just yet.
Mainly cause there is not "deeper in NC" there are starting bases all around the wasteland so putting low lvl mobs then going higher is hard cause u will get to close to another base with nibs that need low lvl mobs.

yavimaya
18-05-04, 10:24
I agree strongly with Cytaur, I played since, I think the middle of Beta4... Yet I didnt really leave NC City at all during Beta, and then only Ventured out to meet the world when I was strong enough in Retail.

All in all I would have to say i missed nothing, and venturing to the few places I still havent really been to - gaya mines, red point for the first time a month or so ago - reminds me of better (beta) times. :)

{MD}GeistDamnit
18-05-04, 10:31
I am from beta 4 and I have long since seen all area's. But that's not the problem for me, my problem is lack of real people to interact with. I love to make online friends/enemys, it's a lot of fun. But the fact that a lot of area's are not populated with fun things to is what somewhat kills the game and pushes people to leave. All the people I play with just pk or have op wars for fun, until DoY that seems to be all there is. I honestly hope KK makes a lot of area's populated and gives them a reason for going there. But I trust they will, if they don't I'll worry about my own game ;)

Cytaur
18-05-04, 15:15
yeah, I remember my trip from NC to MB for the first time back in beta4... I was a x/30 PE. So with a buddy of mine we set to go - following the roads haha... So we go to H 06 and got zapped by a hoverstation... Hell those things were the real newbie threat "Don't go outside, big bad hoverbot is going to zap you". KK should really bring back massive hoverbot spawns again :(

Carinth
18-05-04, 19:24
Neocron is a lot like Morrowind, huge playground, but it feels empty. There are tons of places to go see and explore, but that only works once. I've explored all of Gaya Mines, even the abandoned one. I have no reason to go back there, unless a Tank wants me to help them kill the StormBot. Even then, all we do is run right to the "boss" to kill it, leave and repeat. I visited Regeant's Legacy a looong time ago, wandered around the castle front and left. I returned when they put in the new mutants there, but once again I looked around and left. All around Neocron there are places like this, interesting to see, but once you have there isn't any reason to come back. At most you can have some limited enjoyment out of showing these places to others. But ultimately you both will go back to your normal nc routine, which has nothing to do with the place you just visited.

Cruzbroker
18-05-04, 19:48
Many of the places and mobs have same maps/skins/models etc.. Not much to do when you make one and copy it to 4 other.. You don't go to see places twice in anywhere else too. Only if they have something important, but that's not anymore just seeing the place.

shenten
18-05-04, 19:53
Well , as said there is a lot of nice place to discover, but where there is no reason to come back once discovered :( or simply to have the boss loot that item again and again, and getting to the boss doesn't imply to kill its minions.

I would like to see more high level zones with lots of 120/120 and a big boss that is hard to kill. :)

plague
18-05-04, 20:14
it all comes down to this, if you new then there is million places to explore, items to get and all kindsa sht, I remember when i started evry day was exiting cuz i found out somthing new and kewl. But if u play since betta there is NOTHING left, if u fully caped got er guns sorted there is nothing else to do but farm teches and ganke ppl but since server pop is low now there is not too many ppl to gank so there is nothing to do .. I think its up to gm's and kk stuff make this game funn to play (making new patches and events)i don't remeber when was last event or patch lol dont even know why i still pay me 2 accaunts, prolly cuz i weasted toooooo much time on this game to cancel them...

BombShell
18-05-04, 20:14
wut thay need to do is add new maps with out telling the community :) so when u stumble across it ur like o damn wuts this. should i venture in or should i spam the chats so thay will come and get pked :) choices

Strych9
18-05-04, 20:43
Am I missing what KK SHOULD have in order to satisfy this?

What theoretically should they do?

I wanna hear some ideas. Can you at least point to another MMORPG that doesnt have this same exact situation?

I see people complaining that all there is to do is visit once, see it, kill whatever is there, and then come back to kill it again. Then I see people say
I would like to see more high level zones with lots of 120/120 and a big boss that is hard to kill.which wouldnt solve anything.

You can only sit back and wait on KK to force feed you events or whatever for so long.

You want to have fun in this game, take the initiative. Dont view Neocron as a show, where you pay a ticket then sit back and wait to be entertained. View it as a canvas. KK provides you with tools, and its up to you to use them.

Patches are coming. Changes are coming. New areas and new items are coming. But if you sit back and wait to be told to have fun, or instructed to have fun, you may be waiting for a while.

BombShell
18-05-04, 20:47

I wanna hear some ideas. Can you at least point to another MMORPG that doesnt have this same exact situation?

I see people complaining that all there is to do is visit once, see it, kill whatever is there, and then come back to kill it again. Then I see people saywhich wouldnt solve anything.

You can only sit back and wait on KK to force feed you events or whatever for so long.

You want to have fun in this game, take the initiative. Dont view Neocron as a show, where you pay a ticket then sit back and wait to be entertained. View it as a canvas. KK provides you with tools, and its up to you to use them.

Patches are coming. Changes are coming. New areas and new items are coming. But if you sit back and wait to be told to have fun, or instructed to have fun, you may be waiting for a while.

well your right. but wuts this mob thing. i didnt hear it was goin to be released in retail right now for the UG tunnals but to find the bugs. am taking about like new armor maybe some bug fixes thay completed something that keeps the game circulating.

Cytaur
18-05-04, 20:54

Correct. Neocron is like a sandbox. If you try to watch the sandbox to entertain you, you'll find yourself staring at nothing but yellow sand. It is up to YOU and YOU only to get in that sandbox and start building a sand castle to begin with.

Problem is that current ratio of watchers/builders is out of proportions. People need to realize the sandbox theory and start digging!

BombShell
18-05-04, 20:57
Correct. Neocron is like a sandbox. If you try to watch the sandbox to entertain you, you'll find yourself staring at nothing but yellow sand. It is up to YOU and YOU only to get in that sandbox and start building a sand castle to begin with.

Problem is that current ratio of watchers/builders is out of proportions. People need to realize the sandbox theory and start digging!

but u forget mommy needs to remove the cover so the water dont get into. and let us get into it.

plague
18-05-04, 20:59

I see people complaining that all there is to do is visit once, see it, kill whatever is there, and then come back to kill it again. Then I see people saywhich wouldnt solve anything.

I'll tell you exactly what we(i atleast expect from kk) when new patch released and there is bugs DO NOT wait till next patch to fix them, especially if it's sht like mc5, i was under impression that hotfixes r intended to fix bug caused by new patch quick not 3-4 months later, but what kk do, they close it am fully caped i got nothing else to do but pvp op fight and get mc5 imps. pop is low not too many op fight same with ganking not too much chalege left and on top of that mc5 is closed for so long. I don't want kk giveing us events evry day i don't even expect them evry week but when was last even .... i don't even remeber... I don't know why am posting this, I think it should be obvious but for some reason there is ppl who keep protecting kk and saing that they do terrific job :wtf: oh well honestly i don't even care when new patch coming out it's been so long that it dont matter anymore lol

BombShell
18-05-04, 21:02
hehe i would love to be on the event crew :). but i would need full access. so i doubt ill get itor even want it not to greif play but to make them worth whiled.

the events ill be doin would be invasions and such and rewards to the survivors :)

plague
18-05-04, 21:10
hehe, thats what they should do, have players come up with events and orgonize them(since main excuse for lack of event's patches etc is that they r sooo bussy with doy). Have runners do all job for them and just supervise/ assist event that not too much job for them is it, i mean there is lotsa ways to make this "slow times" more enjoyble for players who staed with nc for long period through good and bad times, and instead what do we get is"we working on it, be patient, it's coming" whell i don't reay care what they doing there i care about results and as of yet I have yet to c any..

BombShell
18-05-04, 21:20
hehe, thats what they should do, have players come up with events and orgonize them(since main excuse for lack of event's patches etc is that they r sooo bussy with doy). Have runners do all job for them and just supervise/ assist event that not too much job for them is it, i mean there is lotsa ways to make this "slow times" more enjoyble for players who staed with nc for long period through good and bad times, and instead what do we get is"we working on it, be patient, it's coming" whell i don't reay care what they doing there i care about results and as of yet I have yet to c any..

yah i agree with u. but u also of to take in content that kk thought thay would hav a bigger budget. or i asume and bigger budget means more peeps. more peeps more stuff gets done.... so far everything is volenteers dont get me wrong. theirs these peeps but u hardly see them. so much for helping just watse of space. now if we had mroe peeps like nidhogg, callash and lupus then maybe we will see a change :) but am not sure their getting paye dor not and am nto here to say if thay are or not.

but getting paye dor not their doin something :). i seen so many GM's and i hardly see them doin anything. trust me i seen GM's its scary when u see 10 gm's poping next to u.

plague
18-05-04, 21:30
yah i agree with u. but u also of to take in content that kk thought thay would hav a bigger budget. or i asume and bigger budget means more peeps. more peeps more stuff gets done.... so far everything is volenteers dont get me wrong. theirs these peeps but u hardly see them. so much for helping just watse of space. now if we had mroe peeps like nidhogg, callash and lupus then maybe we will see a change :) but am not sure their getting paye dor not and am nto here to say if thay are or not.

but getting paye dor not their doin something :). i seen so many GM's and i hardly see them doin anything. trust me i seen GM's its scary when u see 10 gm's poping next to u.
hehe, yes that what keeps me playing if it was big company i'd be gone long time ago, but I do realize that this is small company, budget is limited and so on. Anyway i just get desapointed cuz i been playing since betta and tryed to contrebute to this comunity best i could and am still here when most vets quit and now when we need them most there is nothing and when you try to speak up and disagree u get banned, i dunno maby nc experience is different for evrybody esle but from my point of view it's pretty shite right now...

Strych9
18-05-04, 21:35
I am just saying that all too often, people say "Whah, we need more content. I am tired of killing high level mobs" and then turn around and ask for more high level mobs to kill.

This is a game. There is only so much that KK can provide. They cant MAKE you do ANYTHING in this game. The beauty of Neocron and games like it is that its so open ended... with the freedom of action comes the responsibility of self-motivation. You cant have all the options in the world AND be forced to participate in events or parts of the game.

There cant be 24 hour events. There cant be an event running at all times of the day. They do have events, and of course not everyone knows about them or chooses to participate. We had a big one at Battledome just two days ago I believe.

Now the time in between patches, sure you can complain about that. Not sure what you judge it on. It was a LOT shorter back when they werent concerned with BDOY.

Players CAN organize events. There is NOTHING preventing you or anyone else from trying out whatever you want.

Dont view Neocron as a ride at an amusement park. Like Diablo II or something like that. Where it has a start, an ending, and you expect to be entertained along the way. Then if you like it, you can start it again and go on the exact same ride.

Instead, view Neocron as a canvas, or as a tool chest. KK provides you with the canvas and tons of paint and brushes. Its up to you what you paint. You can give the best paints in the world to someone, but if they dont have any imagination or drive, they wont ever paint anything.

Neocron is a canvas, not a slide show. Work within it, use it to do what you want, rather than sitting back and asking to speak to the manager because you arent being properly entertained.

(And this applies to all online games with a persistant universe really, not just Neocron)

Carinth
18-05-04, 22:08
Cytaur: To some extent that's true, but remember we're paying for this. I'm not paying KK so that I can create my own content. If I wanted to do that, I would hop onto IRC and find a rpg chatroom. There are tons of rpg's being played out in IRC, in which there really is no provided content. Almost the entire game is what you imagine/create/play. It's free too! If I'm going to be paying to play a game monthly then I expect some work on their part too. Player based events are great, but they should not be the main attraction. They should be in addition to what kk gives us.

Ok, as to how to improve the game. First, there is way too much repetition. Way back when I first started Neocron and I first wandered off the subway into Outzone, I was in the "Mall" which has all the rundown shops. I was excited at looking through a new place, I went and checked every single shop. What did I find? The same exact listings as at any other Yo's. The very first time I went to Viarossa I was in awe at how pretty the place looked and how much better it was then Plaza. Then I looked more closely and saw the same exact shops/resources as in Plaza. After that the only reason I went to Viarossa was for rp. It's nice to use the resturaunts as meeting places, since they look best in Via. Shops are just one example, everywhere you look there is repitition. Mobs look identical, even boss mobs. I remember being excited to see the Batcave Queen or the Chaos Queen, until I actualy saw them.

Everywhere you go, you see the same thing again. Why not spread things around more? Why can we buy almost everything within one or two zones in Neocron? A few items require a trip outside, but almost everything is in the city! Give me a reason why I should go to TH more often then just to get the Int Belts. Give me a reason to go to TG more often then just for plasma weapons/mods, same for MB and rockets. The only reason these places are visited otherwise is because of popular hunting grounds nearby.

Speaking of Mobs, loot is god awful. Being able to clone ammo is the only saving grace. If you can't clone then 95% of mob loot is trash. Even if you can clone, there's still lots of junk that won't work for cloning. If you fill a zone with mobs that don't give good exp/cash and don't drop anything worthwhile, then you're going to have a zone that people do not visit. When I killed a Y replicant commander for the first time, I was excited. The challenge was there to make the kill fun. But then we hacked it and got absolute crap. Some random pieces of armor, a few level 2 imps, and some misc junk. Therefore the only reason I have to ever kill a Y rep again is just for the challenge. Mob AI is not exactly top of the line, the only thing that makes it difficult is super range and super damage. The same mentality that exists in MC5 and DOY bots. DOY bots though at least have junk you can sell for some decent cash. That makes them worth killing, which gives me a reason to visit the desert. MC5 of course has the mc5 chips to draw people.

Beyond an interesting first look, the mobs nolonger have a reason to exist. They might aswell just get rid of the zone. Gaya Mines is a large dungeon sparsely populated with mobs. Most are fairly easy, only the two Boss Mobs are difficult. You can usualy outwit them by taking advantage of the environment. When their loot, the STORM Laser Cannon, was a decent weapon, I did runs through there all the time. Once that gun was rendered useless compared to other tank weapons, the reason to go to Gaya dried up.

A final example is Pepper Park. How often do you visit the Bump Asylum? Twister? Pussy Club? The Pepper Pub? The Maze? Probably at least of half the people here prolly havn't even heard of some of them. But they're not missing anything, which is exactly the problem. Other then a little atmosphere, these places have no purpose.

BombShell
18-05-04, 22:47
I am just saying that all too often, people say "Whah, we need more content. I am tired of killing high level mobs" and then turn around and ask for more high level mobs to kill.

This is a game. There is only so much that KK can provide. They cant MAKE you do ANYTHING in this game. The beauty of Neocron and games like it is that its so open ended... with the freedom of action comes the responsibility of self-motivation. You cant have all the options in the world AND be forced to participate in events or parts of the game.

There cant be 24 hour events. There cant be an event running at all times of the day. They do have events, and of course not everyone knows about them or chooses to participate. We had a big one at Battledome just two days ago I believe.

Now the time in between patches, sure you can complain about that. Not sure what you judge it on. It was a LOT shorter back when they werent concerned with BDOY.

Players CAN organize events. There is NOTHING preventing you or anyone else from trying out whatever you want.

Dont view Neocron as a ride at an amusement park. Like Diablo II or something like that. Where it has a start, an ending, and you expect to be entertained along the way. Then if you like it, you can start it again and go on the exact same ride.

Instead, view Neocron as a canvas, or as a tool chest. KK provides you with the canvas and tons of paint and brushes. Its up to you what you paint. You can give the best paints in the world to someone, but if they dont have any imagination or drive, they wont ever paint anything.

Neocron is a canvas, not a slide show. Work within it, use it to do what you want, rather than sitting back and asking to speak to the manager because you arent being properly entertained.

(And this applies to all online games with a persistant universe really, not just Neocron)

am not getting ur point wut event can the players do. all the same crap. turnysd to me is just goin into nf. and i dont see players able to spawn wbs. or rep's for evasions. so far all ur comments been the same. and contribute nothin so far. just trying to shoot down others.

am sorry but ur canvas cant do much with out more color. u can only look at blue for so long until u relize u want red.

and if thay suplyed all the colors then players wouldnt be asking for more colors. to me ur colors=content.

Strych9
18-05-04, 22:52
am not getting ur point wut event can the players do. all the same crap. turnysd to me is just goin into nf. and i dont see players able to spawn wbs. or rep's for evasions. so far all ur comments been the same. and contribute nothin so far. just trying to shoot down others.

am sorry but ur canvas cant do much with out more color. u can only look at blue for so long until u relize u want red.

and if thay suplyed all the colors then players wouldnt be asking for more colors. to me ur colors=content.And I am asking show me what other games have content where it isnt the same stuff over and over. Its unavoidable. I dont see what magic thing KK can add that WONT get old... its a persistant universe. Everything gets old.

KK can keep adding more colors, but if you sit back and wait for the painting to paint itself, it wont happen.

plague
18-05-04, 23:00
KK can keep adding more colors, but if you sit back and wait for the painting to paint itself, it wont happen.
yes indeed and kk should be the ones to paint it, don't you c the point we pay they provide us with content, we don't pay for software each month it was payed when we purchased the game. Monthly fees payd for support and content, so the point is we pay they provide us with prompt updates and events as simple as that, evry other mmorpg(not too many) maneges t do it well and keep their player base high .. So far they failed to do both, support is somewhat half diesent you may get help in few days, but still some times don't get reply to letters or after a week they reply to my 5th letter..

BombShell
18-05-04, 23:03
hehe i got one.

magic the gathering. 1 card game thats been around along time. and still produces new content as much as it can. because it trys. this game can go on forever if their was thousands of diffrent armors imps and such.

events always change do to story line. like the bats. duno about u but i never seen the bats and i went to outzone. or the doy invasion wasnt much of a invastion with out the people. u see we need a story behind it the people want to feel involved but if u just say it and produce it and not involve the player base. its just another thing over the sholder.

plague
18-05-04, 23:07
hehe i got one.

magic the gathering. 1 card game thats been around along time. and still produces new content as much as it can. because it trys. this game can go on forever if their was thousands of diffrent armors imps and such.

events always change do to story line. like the bats. duno about u but i never seen the bats and i went to outzone. or the doy invasion wasnt much of a invastion with out the people. u see we need a story behind it the people want to feel involved but if u just say it and produce it and not involve the player base. its just another thing over the sholder.
hehe omg i love that game best card game ever, heh and they did pretty good on online version to :D havn't been following it for a while now, that game been around fo sooooooo long.... :D

BombShell
18-05-04, 23:08
hehe omg i love that game best card game ever, heh and they did pretty good on online version to :D havn't been following it for a while now, that game been around fo sooooooo long.... :D

but was i lieing. isnt it a game that is still being played and the cards are still being purchased. he wanted 1 so i gave him one. now for another thats going to be harder :D

Maloch Octavia
19-05-04, 01:19
I agree on lots of the points mentioned, and disagree with many.

Here is how Reakktor can swiftly, easily and automatically improve the Wastelands content level:

Allow Player-run buildings.

Not Outposts, buildings.

There are already dozens of good locations, like the building in F-8. Introduce an in-game scheme, where Clans can purchase one of these buildings, for an astronomically high sum of money (Thus reducing the economical problems), give that building a rent charge every week of a sizeable sum, but give it more Cabinets than they'll ever need, GR, and all the trimmings. Hey, some defensive turret positions would be good too...

Then via an intermediary, some assigned Volunteer, Clans put in applications to buy a building at a certain location, and the winning Clan is the one that places the highest bid.

It now becomes theirs, to keep, until they can no longer pay for it.

A real, true, honest to god, functioning Clan headquarters.

Perfect.

Then the Wastelands will suddenly become active, with people living and working out there, truly, properly, with a functional home to go to.

Think about it, amazing...

If you want to do an Event of your own, contact an EEC, or your, or any Faction Counsellor, or Contact Snowcrash via the Forums, and give them clear and precise details of:

What you want to do
How you want to do it
What it will achieve
How you need their help

It will be done, if it is good enough. When I was Vice Editor of NeMa, I may have had a bit more access to the kind of people that could help, but I am sure some people here recall my NeMa sponsored assault on Regants Legacy, to recover a Datadisk which had been sneaked out by an inside source. What did I need for that Event? An EEC to spawn a hackable box, with a datadisc inside it, and to increase the mob spawn tenfold.

Who recalls the convoy of seven or eight vehicles moving along the road, and the true and utter chaos and destruction that ensued? Everyone had a great fucking time, at little effort, and a bit of imagination.

That's all it takes. (Although the Stealthers managed to almost destroy the event by stealthing past the mobs and hacking the disc out before we'd even got into the zone!! However, they were good guys and put it back, apologising.. Heh, lesson learned on my part..)

Plenty to do, some people need to pull their arse out of their fingers and do it.
Although Carinth has a point, that we shouldn't be expected to do it all ourselves. :)

plague
19-05-04, 01:27
yes there is alot of things kk could do to improve setuation right now, but they wont or they can't which doesn't matter, what matter that nothing is done about low pop about ppl complaining obut anything......

I like your idea tho of being able to purchase buildings and stuff that be very nice adition have er own hose in middle of wastes :D

BombShell
19-05-04, 01:33
If you want to do an Event of your own, contact an EEC, or your, or any Faction Counsellor, or Contact Snowcrash via the Forums, and give them clear and precise details of:

What you want to do
How you want to do it
What it will achieve
How you need their help

It will be done, if it is good enough. When I was Vice Editor of NeMa, I may have had a bit more access to the kind of people that could help, but I am sure some people here recall my NeMa sponsored assault on Regants Legacy, to recover a Datadisk which had been sneaked out by an inside source. What did I need for that Event? An EEC to spawn a hackable box, with a datadisc inside it, and to increase the mob spawn tenfold.

Who recalls the convoy of seven or eight vehicles moving along the road, and the true and utter chaos and destruction that ensued? Everyone had a great fucking time, at little effort, and a bit of imagination.

That's all it takes. (Although the Stealthers managed to almost destroy the event by stealthing past the mobs and hacking the disc out before we'd even got into the zone!! However, they were good guys and put it back, apologising.. Heh, lesson learned on my part..)

Plenty to do, some people need to pull their arse out of their fingers and do it.
Although Carinth has a point, that we shouldn't be expected to do it all ourselves. :)

ok ill look into that if u said FC i would had said when was the last time u seen one of those :) do u think if i was to come up with something u think thay would let me kill peeps and introduce in gm's fighting bak??. just events of rewards and greatness :). if u give me time i can probly think of something good not great but good. and how long should these events be. am tired of these turny events. problem is will thay give items for free is the answer. thats y u hav peeps die so those who win earn this item.

plague
19-05-04, 01:41

hmm i cant realy imagine how can you pull ass out of the finger lol .....pull...... asrse........out of the...... finger...... thats some puzzle :lol: :D :eek:

G.0.D.
19-05-04, 02:16
So true carinth, The game is very pretty for the first few mounths but when you realise there is no more content its to late... they nabbed you becuase you made friends with the playerbase.

Neocron for me has become a 3d chat.

[TgR]HusK
19-05-04, 03:13
seen some good ideas here :)

I do think that its the little things that can keep the game intresting, for example:

What if you could design your own building outside the wastelands? Simply by buying walls and such, together with land, won't be to difficult to make and yet, you can spend days perfecting your own house, and then give it a reason to exist. Could even make an entrance with genrep to it so it can be used as primary appartment, with another genrep for the public or something.

their existing idea of furnature also adds to that.

Another thing, the way they made the hack game could be used to implement card games that you can play with fellow runners in a café or something.

Construction and researching, could make it work trough machines so you need to go some place to do your work, and then make it possible to help eachother, to speed up the process to a certain maximum amount. Even create a hack-like game which might improve quality outcome for example.

With PvP they could modify the local people view, make it possible to hide. For example, if I'm standing in a corridor below another, I shouldn't see the people in the corridor above me in the local list. This hiding would make many player created events possible.

And as for that, I've seen my share of player created events on pluto, they where quite good, efforts should be made to create more diverse options to let players create events. (simular to the race track for example)

Well I can go on making up hundreds of ideas about "little things" and what they can add to the overal game experience, I do think there on the right track already, but more little things are needed, as DoY will soon be the same shit all over again for most people, I gues within a week or 2... After a development of 1 to 2 years! that would be a shame wouldn't it?

msdong
19-05-04, 08:55
NC is big. and its true that all the big places are abused.

best example is the aggi celler. i love it when ** get in there to level their SL or just shot a mob and let a noob kill it. with the terms right in front oh jeh, its real hard to cap psi on every char other them PSI.

there are real cool locations out there but we all agree that there is nothing out there. its not that point red is famous as the only place to buy XY drugs or XZ ammo. same goes with any other location in the game.

there are a few examples how easy the game is made for high levels.
*ever bought a noob armor ? you should expect them to be buyable in Plaza. but there are only 3 highlevel armour shops.
*every ammo is sold everywhere
*midlevel spots are abused to get SL
*and even when you need something from TH or MB or MB you simply GR there.

i dont think that level based dungeons are a good idea but i shurly know that i would remove AGGI and Bigcavecrawler missions from terminal.

i still hope that i will be able to set up traders at locations in the WL

Moscow
19-05-04, 12:46
Just to throw a spanner into the proceedings; if always-evolving content is so deadly important, then could someone please explain the success of games like Phantasy Star Online?

There were no patches, no updates, very little PVP content (Even less that could be considered a "hit"....) and next to nothing that was effected by the playerbase, even when the Hunter's License (Monthly fee) was brought in.

Yet I know people that have played the game for years and years.

It's the same with EverQuest and Diablo. Very little to do other than kill bigger, meaner enemies yet people keep playing and playing and playing and playing and playing, even after so much time has passed since the games were released.

I'm not saying that Reakktor should abandon any and all attempts at fixing us up with "content", but I just felt this was worth saying.

Peace.

-Moscow

Carinth
19-05-04, 19:28
Moscow: That's most likely because the existing content allows for lots of replayability. It's the same as Op Fights in Neocron. There are a fixed number of ops, anyone who's been op fighting for long enough will have fought at every op at least once. Given the ability for large clans to dominate, you also end up fighting the same people over and over again. But did any of that make op fights less fun? Nope, it was more then enough to keep many of us here. Due to many different reasons though, people started leaving. Some left because they got tired of listening to kk's promises of how great DOY will be. Some got tired of waiting for bugs that have existed since beta to be fixed. Some disliked the changes KK made in the game, ruining pvp for them. There are many other reasons, but soon it became a self fufiling prophecy. For lots of us, all that kept us in Neocron was the community. Wether it's specificly our clan/circle of friends, or a larger community, when enough of them drop out we look around and realize how empty the game is. That's what triggers threads like this. Merging servers would boost the population of the resulting server and we'd have fun despite lack of content. On the other hand having kk boost the content would give us something to do despite the lack of players.

I really don't understand why so many on Pluto are actualy happy about the low population. As Strych9 said, there's nothing inherent in a small server pop that's not also true of a large server. Anything you can do on Pluto you can do on Saturn. Yea I despise 4char servers, but being all alone on Pluto is much worse. The only reason I'm still on Pluto is because I don't have the motivation to start over on a dif server. My saturn char was eaten by one of the many database problems they had. If your reasoning is that you don't want to be ganked while hunting rares or while leveling, then put an LE in. If I get ganked in my apartment, that's my fault for not being prepared. But it also gives me a reason to grab some friends and go hunt down the bastard. What exactly is appealing about playing a MMO RPG with less people then many multiplayer FPS have on a server?

Note: I don't particularly support a server merge or forcing people to move, I'm just curious why people keep saying small pop is a good thing.