PDA

View Full Version : Handling on PSI Spells

40$Poser
17-05-04, 19:28
Alright, if anyone official could answer this, that'd be great. Or someone who knows for sure. I've heard a few ideas about what handling does for PSI spells, such as helps run cast... how fast the quality goes down on the spell... but, for the record, what exactly does handling on psi spells effect/do?

Jest
17-05-04, 19:41
Handling = nothing. :(

40$Poser
17-05-04, 19:48
Handling = nothing. :(

:( indeed as I originally though.

MrBiggles
17-05-04, 20:39
hold it hold it....so i can totally lom handling and see NO CHANGE in my monk?

Riley
17-05-04, 20:44
You can't LoM handling. (not sure if you were being sarcastic or not)

P4mp3rk3
17-05-04, 20:46
I thought it had to do with the change of your spell 'fizzling'?

are you for sure it does nothing at all? I never knew then....

Biznatchy
17-05-04, 20:47
hold it hold it....so i can totally lom handling and see NO CHANGE in my monk?

hmm what ok /sarcasim tag was omitted.

No really just last night we were testing this with holy heal. I made a 4 slot holy heal and we wanted to do some testing on how to mod it. It turned out from the one slotters we made that freq had the biggest impact on run cast. The logic to it was if indeed the run cast was some function related to the distance traveled from start to end of the cast time then with faster cast time produced better run cast. With all things neocronish it was very hard to produce good scientific results but the conclusion was freq was the only thing on the spell that helped run cast. It seems that massive psi use (under int) is the major run cast varible. More psi use better run cast.

Handling does nothing from the test we did last night.

Strych9
17-05-04, 21:03
hmm what ok /sarcasim tag was omitted.

No really just last night we were testing this with holy heal. I made a 4 slot holy heal and we wanted to do some testing on how to mod it. It turned out from the one slotters we made that freq had the biggest impact on run cast. The logic to it was if indeed the run cast was some function related to the distance traveled from start to end of the cast time then with faster cast time produced better run cast. With all things neocronish it was very hard to produce good scientific results but the conclusion was freq was the only thing on the spell that helped run cast. It seems that massive psi use (under int) is the major run cast varible. More psi use better run cast.

Handling does nothing from the test we did last night.Were you testing it on low level monks? I think that may help your quest, if you try it on monks with low level stats- or at least a monk without much Psi Use. May make the changes in runcast more evident...

J. Folsom
17-05-04, 21:25
WRT run cast, this is how I assume it works. Keep in mind that this is unconfirmed information, and it is all purely theoretical and based on observations.

Basically, the damage % defines the distance you can move while casting; this distance is a fixed value only determined by damage percent, nothing else.
That's also why if you get higher frequency you seem to be able to better at runcasting; that is actually because you need less time to cast a spell, so it becomes less likely you move outside of the distance you're allowed to move.

Shadow Dancer
17-05-04, 21:29
Handling does nothing.

Strych9
17-05-04, 21:46
Let me ask this then- what affects cast success? I.e. when I got to cast it, it casts and it works, rather than fizzling. While standing still.

Biznatchy
17-05-04, 22:01
Let me ask this then- what affects cast success? I.e. when I got to cast it, it casts and it works, rather than fizzling. While standing still.

not sure where your going on this. If your in range and have target under ret then you should get 100% cast success. Im i missing somthing. I do notice that my apu misses some cast but it seems to be a range or aim issue, at least I think.

Shadow Dancer
17-05-04, 22:03

eh?

I've never ever had a spell fail while I was standing completely still. Assuming I had a viable target.

J. Folsom
17-05-04, 22:08
Let me ask this then- what affects cast success? I.e. when I got to cast it, it casts and it works, rather than fizzling. While standing still.If I had to guess, I think that's a side-effect of latency. Does it happen when you've been standing still for a while, or mostly after you've just stopped moving?

Because I rarely have these problems myself, but I consider my connection to the NC servers bad if it averages at a ping of 100.

Kal
17-05-04, 22:10
handling is for setting the value of a high slotted spell,

the more handling mods you put in, the less its worth

jiga
17-05-04, 22:21
Basically, the damage % defines the distance you can move while casting; this distance is a fixed value only determined by damage percent, nothing else.
Whether or not the spell cast succeds is based on whether the distance at any time exeeds the distance allowed from the start of the cast for the spell to work. That is my theory and it may not be entirely true.

Saza
17-05-04, 22:22
eh?

I've never ever had a spell fail while I was standing completely still. Assuming I had a viable target.

Actually its very rare, but it happens. Very rare. I would say a monk is likely to have it once every few million spell casts. A tank/spy would have it a bit more often. A monk would hardly notice anyway, seeing as most of his spells fire so fast that its difficult to know what actually happened....

MrBiggles
17-05-04, 22:33
You can't LoM handling. (not sure if you were being sarcastic or not)

lol wasn't being sarcastic, just at work and got it confused with MST ;-)

i was wondering last night was mental steadiness did, as i was leveling up my first monk.

n3m
18-05-04, 09:11
MST is like TC, you need it but it doesn't do anything else. (its a req)

CrazyMan
18-05-04, 09:38
Yeah agree with all chaps here,

Handling in PSI spells = no effect.
Tested, tested and tested over time on my all monks (both APU+PPU) :D

SynC_187
18-05-04, 12:06

The amount of lag when you cast :)

]v[ortice
18-05-04, 13:23
Handling controls how much personal movement affects your spells.

Best example is Ressurection. Cause the spell takes so long to cast, if you get shoved about a bit the spell will stop cooking. Having lots of handling on your spell will reduce this happening.

Personally I mod my rez spells and buffs/combat spells with freq first then handling. So If i cap frequency and i have a slot or 2 spare I pop in handling.

Simply because the damage and range stats do not really affect the spell. Damage especially does nothing and there is generally enough range on the spell anyway for you to save modding it.

As for run-casting spells I recommend plenty of PSI use, ferquency first on your mods and then handling.

Obviously with some spells you have to prioritise your mods differntly like with heals and shields... damage first then freq then handling... normally plenty of range already.

Of course you have to have the skills also.

slaughteruall
18-05-04, 14:37
v[ortice']Handling controls how much personal movement affects your spells.

Best example is Ressurection. Cause the spell takes so long to cast, if you get shoved about a bit the spell will stop cooking. Having lots of handling on your spell will reduce this happening.

Personally I mod my rez spells and buffs/combat spells with freq first then handling. So If i cap frequency and i have a slot or 2 spare I pop in handling.

Simply because the damage and range stats do not really affect the spell. Damage especially does nothing and there is generally enough range on the spell anyway for you to save modding it.

As for run-casting spells I recommend plenty of PSI use, ferquency first on your mods and then handling.

Obviously with some spells you have to prioritise your mods differntly like with heals and shields... damage first then freq then handling... normally plenty of range already.

Of course you have to have the skills also.

You must also have some common sense. Dont need range on a rezz rubish. Nothing like a sniper rezz from the other side of the OP where no enemy can see the person you are targeting. Handly does not effect how much you can move around while casting. Pure range/frq on rezz's. Everything else (besides prims) dmg/frq/range in that order. Prim's frq/range in that order. Nothing i hate seeing more then hacking a belt and seeing a 5 slot spell and seeing it was modded for handling. Just a waste if you ask me.

Slaughter

]v[ortice
18-05-04, 15:39
Dont need range on a rezz rubish.

In my experience, and I am experienced, If someone see's my Rez disco ball going... they don't look to see who i'm rezzing... they start shooting me... trying to knock the rez off.

Please man I've played a PPU for fucking long enough and modded more spells than you've had hot dinners.

My Holy Rez is not range modded and I can still be 60 metres off my target and get em up no problem.

No fucking good if someone knocks me off the rez tho is it?

slaughteruall
18-05-04, 15:46
v[ortice']In my experience, and I am experienced, If someone see's my Rez disco ball going... they don't look to see who i'm rezzing... they start shooting me... trying to knock the rez off.

Please man I've played a PPU for fucking long enough and modded more spells than you've had hot dinners.

My Holy Rez is not range modded and I can still be 60 metres off my target and get em up no problem.

No fucking good if someone knocks me off the rez tho is it?

What ever man. I've played with and against some of the best PPU's in this game. I've been sniper rezz from the other side of OP's. Been fully buffed and killing people way before they even know what happened. You can ask Eled about that one. But each is own. If your stupid enough to waste a slot on a handling mod by all means go for it. If you would rather be 60 meters form someone compared to 115 meters then by all means do it. It's your waste of a slot.

slaughter

greendonkeyuk
18-05-04, 17:01
ive found range to be better for rez spells than handling as handling never seems to do fuck all for spells, ive heard it affects aiming on guns (but thats off topic and not proven). I can comfortably take a step or 2 at most on my ppu while rezzing but id much rather have the freq/range to be safely out of the way while im rezzing my mates.

and yeah ive played a ppu for a long assed time as well.

Shadow Dancer
18-05-04, 17:52
Damage percent affects your movement "circle" when casting spells. The more damage percent, the bigger the "area" that you can move around and not fizzle.

slaughteruall
18-05-04, 18:08
Damage percent affects your movement "circle" when casting spells. The more damage percent, the bigger the "area" that you can move around and not fizzle.

SHHHH It does no good to tell the truth or even say something other then it's handling. Some people will never listen to others about it. They have there own views on what handling does. Then there is the rest of us that know the truth.

Slaughter

greendonkeyuk
18-05-04, 18:11
SHHHH It does no good to tell the truth or even say something other then it's handling. Some people will never listen to others about it. They have there own views on what handling does. Then there is the rest of us that know the truth.

Slaughter

sssshh no we cant have discussions in this forum, where people CLARIFY their understanding, what we need is for people to make snide comments at eachother and write notes about each other and pass em around via pm when the mods arent looking.... :rolleyes:

Techi
18-05-04, 18:14
handling deals in direct relation to how far you can move in a straight line before you miscast. it's independent of rate of fire, however the greater your rate of fire, the worse your handling can be and still get away with casting while moving. Really high handling/dmg on something like a rez enables PPUs to dodge while they're rezzing within a reasonable amount of space, rather than just crouching down and hoping they don't get pushed. In this sense, handling is important, but since handling and damage are always the same on psi modules, in other ways, it's quite redundant.

I'm of the opinion that rate of fire and handling should be depending on PSU, and psi pool should be PPW and overall psi, rather than PPW and PSU. This would also limit PEs in that they'd have to pop boosters if they set up for psi shield or resist 3.

slaughteruall
18-05-04, 18:24
handling deals in direct relation to how far you can move in a straight line before you miscast. it's independent of rate of fire, however the greater your rate of fire, the worse your handling can be and still get away with casting while moving. Really high handling/dmg on something like a rez enables PPUs to dodge while they're rezzing within a reasonable amount of space, rather than just crouching down and hoping they don't get pushed. In this sense, handling is important, but since handling and damage are always the same on psi modules, in other ways, it's quite redundant.

I'm of the opinion that rate of fire and handling should be depending on PSU, and psi pool should be PPW and overall psi, rather than PPW and PSU. This would also limit PEs in that they'd have to pop boosters if they set up for psi shield or resist 3.

I can move around and dodge on my PPU and i have never modded a rezz spell with handling or dmg (unless it's the frq power mod).

Slaughter

Carinth
18-05-04, 18:26
Handling does nothing, it's just there to waste slots on.

Fizziling is decided by 4 things:

1) Target's distance from you, if range exceedes the spell's range you fizzle.
2) Your movement during cast, if it exceedes the max for that spell type you fizzle. APU spells are fairly easy to runcast, almost no PPU spells can be runcasted. Some can be walkcasted though.
3) Geometry of the ground you're standing on, if the slope is too steep then you can not cast any spell. You will fizzle.
4) Lag/Luck/Angry Gods will also cause you problems now and then. Predictibly this is usualy at the worst possible moment, like when you've got two apus debuffing you and a swarm of angry tanks/pes/spies on your tail. Even if you're the best ppu ever, you won't be able to recast that damn shelter ; )

Techi
18-05-04, 18:29
I can move around and dodge on my PPU and i have never modded a rezz spell with handling or dmg (unless it's the frq power mod).

Slaughter
I bet you still get better than 200% on it....
rezzes have an extraordinarily large roaming radius.

slaughteruall
18-05-04, 18:44
I bet you still get better than 200% on it....
rezzes have an extraordinarily large roaming radius.

I might not sure. I have not capped my PPU yet and i still have to drug PA3 on. I have 1 to many MST points and my pool is a little on the large size. As you can tell by that he is slightly gimped in certain area's. And i really dont care to much to LOM him currectly yet either. One of these days i will finish my DS for him and i will have to LOM then. Which is really all i'm waiting on.

Slaughter

]v[ortice
18-05-04, 19:45
Handling does nothing, it's just there to waste slots on.

^ Now bear that in mind while you read the next quote...

almost no PPU spells can be runcasted.

Wonder why? Try some handling mate... sort u out no end :)

slaughteruall
18-05-04, 19:56
Screw it when i get home from work i will test this out. I have some 2 slot holy rezz's i can waste trying this out.

Slaughter

greendonkeyuk
18-05-04, 21:13
with a ppu runcasting isnt in the true sense of the word though mortice m8. its jus that your rof is so high that you only stagger the run, ie stop for a brief split second and then carry on running. ive not got any spells that i can cast on the run as a ppu. (when i say run i mean run without stopping and casting at exactly the same time). however my heal/shelter and deflector can all be cast on a staggered run. if this is what people define as runcasting then yeah i agree but to me its not runcasting as an apu would describe it. im still not convinced handling does anything.

Carinth
18-05-04, 21:20
v[ortice']^ Now bear that in mind while you read the next quote...

Wonder why? Try some handling mate... sort u out no end :)

How do you think I arrived at the conclusion that handling is useless? I have done it before, I wasted lots of shelters and heals testing to see if handling improves runcasting. It doesn't. I can't runcast with a poor store bought noslot Holy shelter nor can I with a 3slotter with both handling mods in. I saw ppu's that seemed to runcast, which is why I did all of this testing. What I found out was that they're not runcasting. They've got it timed so they slow down to a walk for just enough time to cast the spell, then they're running again. I do it with my holy heal all the time, it's a great trick when you're being chased.

Edit: greendonkeyuk beat me too it : ) Some you can walk cast, others you need to come to a full stop. But either way you can time it so you pick up running again asap without fizzling the spell. PPU's can not runcast, period. To runcast is to be able to target and cast while still running, which is what APU's do.

slaughteruall
18-05-04, 21:23
What I found out was that they're not runcasting. They've got it timed so they slow down to a walk for just enough time to cast the spell, then they're running again. I do it with my holy heal all the time, it's a great trick when you're being chased.

Yeah i dont play my PPU enough to get the times down right. I usually just crouch for a sec or so. Then i'm off running like a mad man again.

Techi
18-05-04, 21:54
either that or a quick sidestep or two....accomplishes the same thing, and sidestepping can help with dodge.

shenten
18-05-04, 23:45
Usually when you reach the 500% damage on a ppu spell you can walkcast it. As previously said, you cant "runcast" APU style, you can cast while running in circle when you reach the 576% damage.

Runcasting like apu is not something PPU really need to, just run, start to walk, cast, when done, run again. If you got plenty AGL/ATL (aka combat ppu not tradeskill/driver/repper/recycler ppu) you run as fast and sometimes faster than the people you try to buff, so you a bit ahead then walk, cast, and rerun.

It seems that ppu sometimes runcast their spells but it's not true, it's lag :D
:)

Epsilon 5
19-05-04, 00:55
handling is for setting the value of a high slotted spell,

the more handling mods you put in, the less its worth

ROFL .. siggy :)

plague
19-05-04, 01:02
Usually when you reach the 500% damage on a ppu spell you can walkcast it. As previously said, you cant "runcast" APU style, you can cast while running in circle when you reach the 576% damage.

mmmmy apu with out pa got about 500 on hl and i runcast it runing straihgt no prob, but i got over 200 psi use so that might be the factor too. It varies from apu setup u can have near caped spell and not being able to runcast or have a little over 500% and runcast it just fine ....

Glok
19-05-04, 01:09
My hyb can runcast an energy beam at 491% damage and 87 freq (192 psu with imps). But sometime I fizzle for no apparent reason. So I think I am on the knife's edge as far as runcasting.

]v[ortice
19-05-04, 02:34
Ok to explain myself.

To cast my shelt, heal and deflect...

I simply just stop running for split second, click and run again and they on me... or whoever I'm targetting, and I am talking the minimum of disruption... simply let go of W, click, press W again to keep moving. That is down to my spell and my skills.

That by definition (as I know it) is run-casting. Before anyone flames me to fuck... I define sprint-casting as the correct term for casting on the run and it sticking.

Now my spells aren't fantastic. In fact my holy heal is proly my best spell atm for reasons I will keep to myself.

But I deem this to be an unfair test because as my good friend GDUK points out the frequency of the spell makes all the difference. In previous replies to this thread I stated that I always mod freq first where necessary.

In the case of Rez... that is a whole different ball game. Even use HCS or APS too as examples. They have the longest cast-times for PPUs. IMHO those spells require the handling mods incase you get knocked off the burn while your casting in a stupid place.

If a Dev comes here and say's... "handling does fuck all" I'll hold my hands up high. But I don't belive it is a useless attribute sorry.

@Slaughter

Sniper-Rezzing: lol man u come up with some funny shit... u got a scope on your spell dude? I've got a valid reason where range on your rez comes in handy and a bit of advice for you.

Valid reason... When your team-levelling and a mob is in danger of killing you while you rez your subject... range is great... especially in caves (my rez has never let me down for range).

Advice... While you're 'sniper-rezzing' in an OP... you could have 'realistically' buffed and healed 3 other guys and maybe won the fight with that advantage. Waste of resources mate.

Eledhbrant
19-05-04, 02:49
Mortice you are a moron.

Handling does nothing.

When will people learn this? TG PLEASE STOP MODDING SPELLS FOR HANDLING WE LIKE NICE THINGS IN BELTS.

Carinth
19-05-04, 03:25
v[ortice']Ok to explain myself.

To cast my shelt, heal and deflect...

I simply just stop running for split second, click and run again and they on me... or whoever I'm targetting, and I am talking the minimum of disruption... simply let go of W, click, press W again to keep moving. That is down to my spell and my skills.

That by definition (as I know it) is run-casting. Before anyone flames me to fuck... I define sprint-casting as the correct term for casting on the run and it sticking.

Yea and we're saying that's *not* runcasting. What do you think runcasting is? Casting while running is what most people understand it to mean. If you're slowing down to walk when you cast, then you're not runcasting.. Try playing an APU sometime and you'll find out what runcasting is. While running, APU's can cast their HL. They don't stop, they don't slow down, they run while casting.

Sniper-Rezzing: lol man u come up with some funny shit... u got a scope on your spell dude? I've got a valid reason where range on your rez comes in handy and a bit of advice for you.

Valid reason... When your team-levelling and a mob is in danger of killing you while you rez your subject... range is great... especially in caves (my rez has never let me down for range).

Advice... While you're 'sniper-rezzing' in an OP... you could have 'realistically' buffed and healed 3 other guys and maybe won the fight with that advantage. Waste of resources mate.

I'm not sure were you learned to be a ppu, have you really done much hunting or op fighting as a ppu? Sniper rez refers to the ability to ressurect a body thats quite a ways away from the ppu. Often this is done while you're inside the op protected. Yes the rez ball makes it obvious were you are, but if you're surrounded by your team you're safe. A good ppu would only do it if everyone on his team was currently safe. It's only a waste if the ppu makes a bad call and tries to rez instead of support his team. Long distance rezzes are also very useful while hunting. Position yourself out of range of the mob and happily rez away. The key here is that, not only are you keeping your body safe, but you're not making it blatantly obvious you're rezzing a person. When someone sees the ball they know a rez is happening, but they don't know for sure who is being rezzed. I've been in plenty of fights were a friendly has fallen right outside the op, I target, cast, sidestep once or twice and crouch down to rez. A friendly ppu notices I'm occupied and will step up to heal/buff the team. If he's not too busy, you can both buff up the target at the same time. One casts heal and the other casts shelter, this twarts most attempts at killing the recently rezzed.

Not every ppu likes to run right into the middle of a hostile crowd and start rezzing : )

Eledhbrant
19-05-04, 11:59
Not every ppu likes to run right into the middle of a hostile crowd and start rezzing : )

I do though :D

]v[ortice
19-05-04, 13:53
@Eldebrandt

Mortice you are a moron.

You got nothing better to do than to flame me?

Handling does nothing.

On what do you base this assumption?

@Carinth

Yea and we're saying that's *not* runcasting. What do you think runcasting is? Casting while running is what most people understand it to mean. If you're slowing down to walk when you cast, then you're not runcasting.. Try playing an APU sometime and you'll find out what runcasting is. While running, APU's can cast their HL. They don't stop, they don't slow down, they run while casting.

That's what I said? Did you not read it? I simply defined it differently. I term what APUs do as Sprint-casting. Walk-Casting is when you turn your auto-run off and cast. Run-cast is sprinting with a stutter. Pls don't quote me and then tell me I'm wrong when I've blatantly said what your saying to disagree with me ffs.

I'm not sure were you learned to be a ppu, have you really done much hunting or op fighting as a ppu?

Is that some sort of dig? You don't know my PPU... STFU.

Sniper rez refers to the ability to ressurect a body thats quite a ways away from the ppu. Often this is done while you're inside the op protected. Yes the rez ball makes it obvious were you are, but if you're surrounded by your team you're safe. A good ppu would only do it if everyone on his team was currently safe. It's only a waste if the ppu makes a bad call and tries to rez instead of support his team. Long distance rezzes are also very useful while hunting. Position yourself out of range of the mob and happily rez away. The key here is that, not only are you keeping your body safe, but you're not making it blatantly obvious you're rezzing a person. When someone sees the ball they know a rez is happening, but they don't know for sure who is being rezzed. I've been in plenty of fights were a friendly has fallen right outside the op, I target, cast, sidestep once or twice and crouch down to rez. A friendly ppu notices I'm occupied and will step up to heal/buff the team. If he's not too busy, you can both buff up the target at the same time. One casts heal and the other casts shelter, this twarts most attempts at killing the recently rezzed.

When I'm OP fighting with my PPU, my duty is to protect the people I'm assigned to. I'm not gonna stop... find somewhere safe get my teammates to gather round me and try and click on a hitbox from 100 metres away in order to get a runner off the deck. Sure you make the proviso "if your teammates are safe". If there are still enemy in the vicinity they are not safe. If there is no enemy left you might as well stand next to them to Rez.

Dude when you've fought the fights I have you don't have time to consider gettin people up. You don't have the right to pile unnecesary pressure on any other PPUs on your side to cover your arse while your fucking around with your range modded "I AM HERE SIGN" with flashing lights.

Then you went off telling me how useful Range on your Rez spell is during hunting. Did I not fucking say that too?

Homie Please.

Original monk
19-05-04, 14:24
i dont care about handling, if my weapon isnt 120/120 in all stats then i sell it to yo's anyway :)

slaughteruall
19-05-04, 15:23
v[ortice']That's what I said? Did you not read it? I simply defined it differently. I term what APUs do as Sprint-casting. Walk-Casting is when you turn your auto-run off and cast. Run-cast is sprinting with a stutter. Pls don't quote me and then tell me I'm wrong when I've blatantly said what your saying to disagree with me ffs.

True run casting has no stutter of any kind. You dont walk you dont crouch. You RUN at full speed and eat stamina boosters because you DON'T stop running. There are 2 speeds in this game not 3. You either run or you walk. There is no third setting for "sprint"

Is that some sort of dig? You don't know my PPU... STFU.
Enlighten us who is your PPU?

When I'm OP fighting with my PPU, my duty is to protect the people I'm assigned to. I'm not gonna stop... find somewhere safe get my teammates to gather round me and try and click on a hitbox from 100 metres away in order to get a runner off the deck. Sure you make the proviso "if your teammates are safe". If there are still enemy in the vicinity they are not safe. If there is no enemy left you might as well stand next to them to Rez.

Dude when you've fought the fights I have you don't have time to consider gettin people up. You don't have the right to pile unnecesary pressure on any other PPUs on your side to cover your arse while your fucking around with your range modded "I AM HERE SIGN" with flashing lights.

Have you ever been a PPU around Eled or Gestra. Or are you on some unskilled server? You dont need to find somewhere safe to rezz. I'm getting tired of beating a dead horse with a stick here.

Slaughter

]v[ortice
19-05-04, 16:32
I'm Entity from Uranus... and for your information, I don't play on the under-eleven's server (Saturn).

I thought there were too many childish responses on this thread O_o

slaughteruall
19-05-04, 17:24
v[ortice']I'm Entity from Uranus... and for your information, I don't play on the under-eleven's server (Saturn).

I thought there were too many childish responses on this thread O_o

Yes there alot of kids on saturn. Does that stop them from having good chars? Nope. Does that mean that everyone is a kid. Far from it. I'm 25. And i'm not even the oldest in my clan we have/had alot of people from 28 to mid 30's. You just have to pick and choose your clans. I tried another more active clan for awhile but it did have that kid quality to it. So i left a few days. I've played pluto which was nice. But not enough of a population for me to play there. That and seeing how they play 2 good people from saturn would own that server. Never tried uranus but i do have 1 char there to reserve my name incase i ever to start there.

Not childish responses as much as not reading what other said. Including you.

Slaughter

]v[ortice
19-05-04, 17:44
Well I was pissed last nite to be fair.

I'm just arguing the toss now :)

Gonna experiment tonite tho... see what I can come up with. Will post if I find some new information.

Carinth
19-05-04, 18:56
I didn't mean to insult ya, Mortice. I just wasn't sure if you've had much experience or not. Some people play a PPU for a month or even two and think they know everything.

My experience of op wars is totaly different then yours. There are quite often moments when my team is doing fine on their own and I'm free to rez someone. Even if I'm the only ppu supporting my team, there are breaks. Part of being a ppu is self management, deciding what you can do at any given moment to benefit your team the most. Like telling the Tank shutup about HC3 and go fight, you're busy rebuffing someone else. PPU's have a ridiculous amount of jobs/responsibilities during a fight, we simply can't do everything. So you've got to pick what will help out most. Rezzing a spy may not be the smartest of ideas when your APU's are running for their lives unbuffed. I learned most of this while hunting mobs with some friends. Keeping them alive against the toughest mobs in the game gives you experience for pvp. The main difference is that pvp is much faster, so your actions are that much more important.

One of my favorite fights was against Pete on Pluto, I believe he was with GEF at the time. That was the most strategic fight I've ever been in, it really felt like I was playing Mortal Kombat Chess or somthing. Pete and I were the Kings sending off all the other pieces. This was when you could combat rez, so that is what we were doing most of the time. Pete would rez and APU, who would charge after me debuffing, and I'd rez a Tank to take out the APU. Then I'd rez an APU to send after him and he'd rez a Tank. In the mix we'd send PE's off to stealth and add extra firepower. Our teams were small enough that each of us could effectively cover most of the team, with combat rezzing the fight really had no end. Our goal was to wear out the other PPU, so they get tired and make a mistake. The amount of strain was incredible, each move mattered because it would mean giving or taking ground. Rezzing the right person at the right time, healing the right person, rebuffing, etc. If you make a mistake, the other ppu has some extra time to make your life even harder. In this fight, I managed to win, though I have to admit it was due to some turrets we had placed before the fight. The stun traps let us take out a few of their key damage dealers early on. Which is where sniper rezzes are so handy : ) Pete was able to rez and rebuff two Tanks while he was still safely out of the op. The Tanks could then use aoe to kill the stun traps. It's all about the stretegy.

Promethius
19-05-04, 19:06
I've had many discussions on this exact topic and done many testing and what I've come up with is handling = nothing.

-Prom

QuantumDelta
19-05-04, 19:10
Sorry Mortice but they're right...heh

Shadow Dancer
19-05-04, 19:10
Yes there alot of kids on saturn. Does that stop them from having good chars? Nope. Does that mean that everyone is a kid. Far from it. I'm 25. And i'm not even the oldest in my clan we have/had alot of people from 28 to mid 30's. You just have to pick and choose your clans. I tried another more active clan for awhile but it did have that kid quality to it. So i left a few days. I've played pluto which was nice. But not enough of a population for me to play there. That and seeing how they play 2 good people from saturn would own that server. Never tried uranus but i do have 1 char there to reserve my name incase i ever to start there.

Not childish responses as much as not reading what other said. Including you.

Slaughter

Does your clan talk shit or act immature during or after pvp? This isn't a dig, it's a sincere question. What's their name too?

Thanx.

slaughteruall
19-05-04, 20:10
Does your clan talk shit or act immature during or after pvp? This isn't a dig, it's a sincere question. What's their name too?

Thanx.

Not usually. You will get the "sex" to a dead body that is laying around after a fight to rub it in. Or to a dead PPU. No talking crap over trade or OOC or that crap. Were a very inactive clan ATM so not much OP fighting. I will go ganking in certain area's with my PE and my tank. So will others.

You would get some shit talking after fighting off and beating a zerg.

Slaughter
Order of the knights templar

EDIT I moved everyone not active in the clan to rank 1 and will be booting them in a week if they have not said anything by then. So i will go from a clan with 98 people to probally around 30.

baracoder
13-03-14, 13:22
*ping*

did this change some time ago?
Yesterday I stuffed some points in PSU (Psi Use) and it looks like I get much better damage and aiming now.
Now in this thread http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?136817-Weapon-Discussion-Weapon-Behavior-Influence-Factors
PSU influences handling only. Is that up to date?

William Antrim
15-03-14, 11:16
wow. ten year old thread resurrection.

This changed with NC2 and 2.2.

Greendonkey and Mortice... what great guys. :)

Castr0
18-03-14, 15:05
Yeah lol, I didn't notice the oldness of this thread until I saw "Eledhbrant" posting something ...
I'm used to mod my spell with handling when I can but all the other stats comes usually first