PDA

View Full Version : Question to pluto players(and I guess Uranus too)

VetteroX
17-05-04, 11:50
Everybody wants a server whith a good population, I think we can all agree on that. As we all know, Neocrons pop constantly goes down... despite KK's propoganda. So, to thoes of you who are still intent on playing neocron no matter what, Why do you stay on a server with so few people? I just dont get it...

I started on pluto the first hour it went up, and many times during the first week, I was the highest level player on the server, until capping. I learned my pvp skills on pluto, joined my first retail clan on pluto, met many of my NC freinds on pluto, got one of the first mc5 chips there, and then had sole possesion (not a clan, just me) or more mc5 chips then anyone to my knowlege... I remeber people going nuts at "how unfiar" it was that I had 3 mc5 chips in my head in the days of no reqs. Anyway, The point is I had a lot of history on pluto, had a great time there, and it was my home server, but, as the propaganda voice in BFV says: "Its a very good idea to leave a sinking ship"

In my view, Pluto was a sinking ship 8 months ago... now its sunk. I felt I had no option but to leave when it had 250 people at peek times, so I dont see how anyone can stay with the super low pop it is now. I moved to saturn, and sure, I hated the first few weeks... but then I capped a PE, got a SF, lib, etc, and had a great time pking ACTIVE people.. then I went and capped a tank, totaly capped, an apu, capped but 88 int, capped spy, 2nd capped pe, high level repair/driving/implanting pe, and high level constructor. I did this long ago, I havnt played more then 5 mins at a time in months.

So my question is to the people on Pluto, and Uranus, whats keeping you there? Theres so few people to play with, even at peek times. Why dont you want to play on a server with high population? Sure you gotta start fresh and have a rough time for a few weeks, but soon you would be capped and rich again. If everyone would just come to saturn, we could have a nice big populated server, and maybe even people who had stopped playing (like me) would come back and play, because they would have people to play with...

Not only more people, but if all the people were on one server, all the GM's would be on one server, meaning more events, faster problem fixing, etc.

And Im gonna answer the question before its asked: "why Saturn? Why dont YOU all come to Pluto/Uranus?" Because saturns already got the most people by a long way... if pluto had the most, or uranus had the most, the small servers should go there.. but its not like that.

Face it.. KK isnt gonna merge the servers, and they arent going to move your chars... its up to you. Help make one giant, fun server, or stay on your little world of 20 - 100 people and keep posting about how bored you are on your server and cant ever get a poke.

Heavyporker
17-05-04, 11:54
wow.. what bullshit.

I don't play on a server because of the population size. It's such an idiotic idea to choose a server merely because of size. What the hell are you thinking, trying to proseltyize us merely because of population size? That's all? Shit.

Sigma
17-05-04, 11:55
[...]Why do you stay on a server with so few people? I just dont get it...[...]
because the server would explode if everyone switched to saturn :rolleyes:

yavimaya
17-05-04, 11:58
Amen!
even though this is coming from someone who's only ever played on Saturn.... even in Beta4.

ezza
17-05-04, 11:58
wow.. what bullshit.

I don't play on a server because of the population size. It's such an idiotic idea to choose a server merely because of size. What the hell are you thinking, trying to proseltyize us merely because of population size? That's all? Shit.
so you actually like the piss poor population number of pluto?

Ozambabbaz
17-05-04, 11:59
'cuz i got spite and a filled prostate

Heavyporker
17-05-04, 11:59
*hands ezza pre-school book on how to read*

Where did I say that population factors into my enjoyment of a server?

VetteroX
17-05-04, 12:02
ok, then what exactly do you do all day? Stare at the PP bar wishing there were bar stools? Sorry, but the majority of us like a server with a high pop... and I made this thread cause I see so many threads complaining about not being able to get a poke on pluto, or being bored... well the answers right infront of you. Move.

Ozambabbaz
17-05-04, 12:05
the pre-ceeding question inclines the answer to why Pluto is as low. because people move over. i'm staying, it won't matter much as a whole, but i'm doing my own lil sit-down strike :p

ezza
17-05-04, 12:07
*hands ezza pre-school book on how to read*

Where did I say that population factors into my enjoyment of a server?
whatever

enjoy your server with noone on

Original monk
17-05-04, 12:10
i tought this thread was gonna be intresting but i yust read about how uber vetterox was with all he's mc5 chips and all ...

what a waste of time

let them people play where they wonna play man

who cares

"PKing active people" what a nonsense

phunqe
17-05-04, 12:11
Yay, another thread.

It's fairly easy to see a trend on which "side" actually starts these arguments...

Just leave us pluto players alone and we'll leave you alone in return (which we tend to to anyway on a non pro-active basis).

Case closed.

VetteroX
17-05-04, 12:12
The "pluto is so low on pop because people are leaving, I dont want to add to the problem" would make sense to me if neocron had like lots of total players, and saturn was 600 and uranus was 500 and pluto was 50... but, the reason people are moving is because even combined neocron has a super low population... even if everyone currently playing on uranus and pluto went to saturn, it would rarely pass 650 at peek times.... theres so few players, people are (well, most people) looking to band togeather on one server, because the population is so small.

Ozambabbaz
17-05-04, 12:15
oh, i should add, i have friends 8| on pluto, it's insane, i like them and they like me, it's almost naked men and leather time :( :confused: 8| and i know alot of the old plutonians at least, which is cool...it's, onoz.. a community :eek:

ezza
17-05-04, 12:17
oh, i should add, i have friends 8| on pluto, it's insane, i like them and they like me, it's almost naked men and leather time :( :confused: 8| and i know alot of the old plutonians at least, which is cool...it's, onoz.. a community :eek:
cept lot of plutonians are on saturn now

deac
17-05-04, 12:19
I have to agree with vet on this one.. pluto is a pos atm :(

I moved to venus and saturn...dont like those servers really but its fun to have some one to fight...

pluto was a the best server, but you cant play it atm.. I just log on now and then to take back cycrow and so on..

Kinda hard to hold ops on 3 servers ;)

Ozambabbaz
17-05-04, 12:23
I have to agree with vet on this one.. pluto is a pos atm :(

I moved to venus and saturn...dont like those servers really but its fun to have some one to fight...

pluto was a the best server, but you cant play it atm.. I just log on now and then to take back cycrow and so on..

Kinda hard to hold ops on 3 servers ;)

so we have to take Cycrow to see your throbbing, mal-shaped, ehm, dignity on Plute?

SPIKE (pluto)
17-05-04, 12:24
Why do we play on pluto?

same reason people play on any server, we want to

its not a dead server, player count is the same as always, all the ppl who are constantly afk have left for saturn, everyone left is active and 9 times out of 10, veteran players

ezza
17-05-04, 12:36
Why do we play on pluto?

same reason people play on any server, we want to

its not a dead server, player count is the same as always, all the ppl who are constantly afk have left for saturn, everyone left is active and 9 times out of 10, veteran players
lol same as always O_o the server goes from 300+ to about 50 and its the same, man thats a lot of people who were afk

solling
17-05-04, 12:47
well i stay on pluto cuz one day it wil be big again
i do play on saturn but in my opinion i like the pluto attitude better and the saturn attitude its shit basicly so if i could i would play pluto i think its what peops still play on pluto feels many tried saturn but thought what a bunch of ass***** and well decided not to

]v[ortice
17-05-04, 13:26
Uranus has less peeps than Saturn and sometimes Jupiter, but even at off-peak times you can still go play there and there are runners about.

Yes the population is not as it used to be but Uranus is not in the same bota as pluto and shouldn't be put in the same light.

Zaq
17-05-04, 13:47
Uranus is fine, we had monumental OP fights all weekend.

I've played on Uranus forever and I'm not wasting my time levelling my characters on another server.

Maloch Octavia
17-05-04, 14:10
Going to enter into the fray before this gets violent.

I was on Pluto from very near the begining, and I loved it. The atmosphere, the community (Far superior to Saturn, which I am now on), the Roleplay, (Far superior to Saturn), the basic enjoyment.

However, the population went down, and I left for a while. Having now returned, and looking at the server populations, it was an obvious choice.

" I am paying money for an MMO game.. I want it to be MMO, not just MAH (Me and him). So I'm going to Saturn.."

Yes, Saturn community is shit, full of kids, and Vet, :) but, and this is where I say 'but', the people are there, and so, the opportunities are there. Pluto is not what it once was, and I don't believe it will ever get back to what it once was. So why aren't Pluto people joining Saturn? Okay, say what you want, but if you say the Community is crap, then bring along the Pluto Community and improve Saturn overall! I see great opportunities for a Pluto clan on Saturn, and whup some Saturn ass. :)

However, if people want to stay on a 50 person server, then so be it, it is their choice. I only ask a few questions:

1: Has the 50 people server now become 100% Roleplay orienated, and is this why you stay? Does everyone now Roleplay to the highest extent? That's the only reason I'd stay on 50 population.

2: Did you really just want to play a Singleplayer game, and enjoy running about this vast world by yourself? I'd recommend a different game then.

3: Having seen the possibilities of what awaits from joining Saturn, why, oh, why, and I would appreciate a clear cut, direct, no pissing around, answer, why do you stay?

You can bring your friends with you.
You can recover all your items in quick enough order with enough of you working at it.
Are you really that hooked up on your Level or Rare weapon collection?
You can regain, in a short order, the settings on Pluto, by getting your Clans rebuilt, reordering things, and bringing in new flesh from Saturn for these old Pluto clans.

Anything you argue against losing, can be regained. Even the atmosphere, because you bring it with you, intergrate it, or create some Pluto clans on Saturn and keep it in them, create a whole new segment of the Server, that would be interesting.... Serious competition then.

I was a purebreed Plutonian, and I loved it, but Dido, White Flag, is playing right now, and the lines.. " I will go down with this ship, I will not surrender, there will be no white flag above my door..."

Aye, very good hen, but, for a bit of effort, you could be on that liferaft, heading off to that small island with the coconut trees and suggestive monkeys.

I know what I'd rather.

So guys, from one Plutonian to another, why not embrace the challenge of the change? It'd be great to see you all again, and fight against these Saturn tosspots.

(NB: Vet, I have no respect for you, I've never hid it, or really voiced it. However, I agree with your basic points, but please, leave the boasting out of it, it simply works against a valid post)

P.S - On another brief note, I'm bringing my flavour of Roleplay to Saturn, with Deckets Drone Emporium, and I'm getting there, but I could really use some of that veteran Pluto RP expertise. *Prods Brammers and the like*

Falen
17-05-04, 14:12
Ive thought long and hard about moving finally from pluto.... looked at the servers looked at what i made up over the time ive played on those servers *next to shit all* and then checked msn and crap and asked around what servers were better..... after being told people would set me up with more shit then i have even on pluto i was like hrmmm..... maybe this could work doesnt hurt to try.

Well i tried and it sucked ass first thing i did just to see if i do something wrong on pluto was go and ask from some help money/weapons on saturn now this wasnt needed as i waited a about 10 minutes longer for a friend to come on and pass me some shit but after asking this question on trade/faction/local i got a whole lotta angry responses varying from me being told to go shove razor blades up my ass, how pathetic i was, and comments about my mother 0_o. Now atleast on pluto someone asks for that i personaly give them what i can afford to give whether it be 150-2mil or lowbie - rare weapons.

But hey everyone started somewhere you dont need free shit it just makes it easier but you dont need to cut people down for trying.... now the people with 2 mil on their char already fine fuck em around but when u look and someone actually has 200 nc and you make atc's for shit to do 100k doesnt hurt you. So we could say saturn has looked like a bunch of assholes to alota people i know thats not true as i do know alota good people on there but shit like that doesnt help anyone to move.

Then there is jupiter ive been tempted to move there cause i hate multichar servers but only problem is i cant speak a word of german and would feel like i would again have to use my friends as a crutch.

But the main reason above all others why i think there is still people on pluto is cause to most of those people PVP is not the end all of everything in NC ive always gone to saturn when i really wanted to pvp and have always used it as my 'Fuck around server' most of the people on pluto like the community and asking us to leave is just pointless as i would rather give my account away and go outside and attend social activities then move to another server *shudders at the ideas*. so ya hope this helps you understand a lil bit why there is still some people on pluto THE COMMUNITY and maybe even some just like to solo alot =P

Sorontar
17-05-04, 14:13
Quality over quantity.

I won't leave Pluto simply because it has historically been the best server for me to play on and will be again.

And funnily enough , being a RPer I don't need 200 newbs on a server so I can hunt them and shoot them in the back , I don't live for PvP....... I haven't power-levelled my character and hence he still hasn't capped, there is still plenty in the game as it stands for me to do.

Advertise Pluto at the re-launch as THE RP server and I'll be there waiting.

Maester Seymour
17-05-04, 14:15
The low population can get pretty depressing at times i think, but i remain on Uranus simply because my clan is there.

I've played on the same server ever since i started playing so i don't see myself moving. I sometimes play a character over on Pluto from time to time but no where as near as much as i play on Uranus for the same reason above :)

Kasumi
17-05-04, 14:15
Edit: Nevermind I dont care.. :o

extract
17-05-04, 14:47
I play and have chars on all 3 english servers, uranus and saturn i have capped chars....I like it because i have an option....I would however play pluto more, but since Ive rerolled I havent been able to play more than 5 mins without getting pkd.....even allies seem to be attacking, they dont care they just see "omg someones on, id better shoot while i got someone in local, oh shit its a clanmate, oh well pew pew pew pew" :lol:

seriously its bad there, the random senseless pking on pluto atm, is far worse than Ive ever seen on saturn/uranus, and tbh thats sad quite frankly.....

was in pp on saturn yesterday, a low lvl TS monk without LE in walks through a BD infested PP.....one shot, oh shit sorry didnt see ur rank, go away lil noob so u dont get killed accidentally.....heal noob and off they go......

on pluto the same day, I got killed, lol.....not 2 mins after i logged in, no joke....by a nuetral faction, I poke so hey no big deal, but i did ask him why he killed me, since i am still like xx/20...hes like oh im sorry was just bored, have a nice day.... :lol:

but yea i like pluto still, there are still some good people there, and id love to play if i could ever get some time to lvl proper lol

40$Poser
17-05-04, 15:22
so you actually like the piss poor population number of pluto?

what even further ruins trying to play there is when you can't find a single resser or constructor. That won't help the population one bit.

evs
17-05-04, 15:45
If you give me ALL (and i mean ALL) my gear in equivalent on Saturn then yes id move.

It's like asking a millionaire to give up all his money and go live in the bins in another country.

Oh and dont give me the ego bullshit of 'well i got X in X time on X server' - unfortunatley stuff like that is right place right time right benefactor.

And i thought you'd quit?

ezza
17-05-04, 15:51
im not sure vet was doing the ego thing then, he was just stating that it can be done,

B.A-Baracus
17-05-04, 15:54
Yar, Pluto is dead for now but the Legacy of PLUTO LIVES! Many Plutorians have set sail to other severs like saturn and venus! There you will find the Pirates of Pluto wrecking havok and causing much Chaos among the worlds untill the day pluto comes alive once more.

FOR PILLAGEING! PLUDERING! AND THE GREAT GOD OF THE SEAS PLUTORIUS!
YAR HAR! A Pirates LIFE FOR ME!

B.A-Baracus, Clit Commander, Spank-Force, Wrecking fools on all severs

SirRah
17-05-04, 16:39
I play on uranus. Main reason is i just cant be arsed to cap another monk. I'm not a hardcore player who lvls 12 hrs a day. I hate lvling at all. And I have all things i need on uranus, i cant be arsed to get all these stuff on another server again.

Also uranus is not full of shit such like saturn (the uranus server aint either).

As i see it you just need more ppl to PK.

And are you sure saturn could handle all these new ppl? I mean wouldnt the lag increase even more?

Anyway, if it aint fun stop playing and go away.

MkVenner
17-05-04, 16:41
ive just started playing uranus and i prefer it....granted its annoying not having any money and having to lvl from nothing, so not everyones going offa uranus/pluto to saturn

Disturbed021
17-05-04, 16:49
whats the point of wasting all that time switching entire servers? If DoY doesn't get released properly NC is dead anyways. Yeah I want to waste the next 3 months leveling like a mofo just to see my stuff deleted :rolleyes:

prozium
17-05-04, 17:00
The reasons i PLAY on pluto:

1. RP enviroment that saturn will never offer
2. Less people = less smacktards and scammers and you get to know everyone
3. back to the whole pluto is better then saturn...when i played on saturn people wouldnt play the game how it was intended, they didnt play by the factions rules and did whatever they wanted...a few examples are the major BD clans killing their own faction and other allied faactions just because they "THINK" they might have a char in an opposing faction... i mean come on how lame can u get...
4. the economy isnt that bad...except for 2 people who screw it over... u know who i am talking about pluto players...

thats basicle it, i sure there are some more reason but i cant really think of them atm....let the flaming begin

SorkZmok
17-05-04, 17:08
Im still playing uranus. Tried saturn, tried jupiter, didnt realy like those. Saturn is full of idiots, jupiter is full of idiots too plus the economy is so extremely fucked, its unbelievable.
I also got all my mates on uranus, ppl know me on uranus, and theres more than enough enemies to fight. It doesnt even feel like its population is too low, its pretty much ok atm i think. Although some more peeps would be nice i guess.

ezza
17-05-04, 17:10
lol i love all these saturn is full of idiots posts.

ya like all the idiots do congregate on one server :rolleyes:

ive been on pluto and what that had a decent population that was full of fucktards as well

prozium
17-05-04, 17:15
well all the server have idiots ...its just saturn has a lot more

ezza
17-05-04, 17:22
hmm we also have the bigger of the populus to

naimex
17-05-04, 17:25
I play on uranus,

BECAUSE :

Itīs my home
Itīs where my chars are
Itīs where my stuff is
Itīs where my friends are
Itīs where I know people
Itīs a server I know how works
Itīs balanced
Itīs economically fair

So why should I go to another server ??

The day they close Uranus, is the day I will move to another server.

Falen
17-05-04, 17:35
FOR PILLAGEING! PLUDERING! AND THE GREAT GOD OF THE SEAS PLUTORIUS! YAR HAR! A Pirates LIFE FOR ME!

omg Baracus you are my new hero your post was the first in months to make me smile at these forums

Oh and to add about the whole saturn is full of assholes..... lets make up a number here and say 40% of the people on all servers are fucking pricks.....
ok now theres 50 people on pluto.... 200 on saturn making.... 20 assholes on pluto and 80 on saturn.... and then 3/4 the assholes are afk.... *cause those people are always afk... what kinda douche doesnt log out ;) * so thats why we all seem to think saturn is full of asshole though its not diff from any other server lol, and if that doesnt work for you lets just go with the whole saturn is loved for pvp and pluto all other servers are rp'ing carebears thats why crahn kill tg =P actually i like my first idea stick with it atleast this way you shouldnt get a twist in the brain

Marx
17-05-04, 18:03
All the servers have sinking populations, you'd be lying only to yourself if you really think that merging them all would solve anything. Great, you'd have 500 people at peak times... But it's still a good long while until DoY is released... It's still a good long time before one could imagine the ad campaign starting... That population would go down after the merge too. So I've no doubt that you'd see the total pops down to like 300 at peak times before DoY actually comes.

CRAIG DIGGERS
17-05-04, 18:22
So my question is to the people on Pluto, and Uranus, whats keeping you there? Theres so few people to play with, even at peek times. Why dont you want to play on a server with high population? Sure you gotta start fresh and have a rough time for a few weeks.

We love uranus ! Thats why we are there :p We hold the line until DoY :)
Oh and my brother used all my other char slots for his "experiments" O_o

Original monk
17-05-04, 18:28
ya like all the idiots do congregate on one server :rolleyes:

euh, to be honest: YES

LoL, with me on # 1 :P

and like naimex said (to be short): its my home :)

i would have the same feeling if pluto was filled and saturn was low on pop ...

and when Lvirus would of posted this thread then it would be closed like 8 hours ago ... this is yust server vs server trashtalk lol

and why ? not 1 server is better/worser then the other ya know ... they have there own climate and atmosphere ... when im tired of saturns attitude then im glad to move server for a while :) a small ingame vacation, altough i know most of my friends are on my homeserver ...

but the thing that really made me think was this, cause whatever we may t hink what will happen you will never know for sure and this quote made that terrifyingly real:

whats the point of wasting all that time switching entire servers? If DoY doesn't get released properly NC is dead anyways. Yeah I want to waste the next 3 months leveling like a mofo just to see my stuff deleted :rolleyes:

ciao

msdong
17-05-04, 18:36
if uranus would be shut down ill will move to pluto. even its a one char. thats no problem. but ill never move to saturn because of the pk friendly atmosphere with multiple chars. i personaly prefer one char servers but as long as uranus have around 200 ppl on it ill stay.

Jest
17-05-04, 18:37
Pluto is my home no matter what the population. Comparing servers with anything other than full objectively is pointless. To say one server has a bunch of twats but another doesn't will always be argued. Pluto has just as many ass holes as other servers I'm sure. Well, % wise anyways. ;)

I still enjoy Pluto. There is always something for me to do, some times too much to do. With my two chars being a PPU and a tradeskill spy life is never dull in NC. My main concern with Pluto population is that my clan mates often have nothing to do. Sure they might have something to do on Saturn, but I just cant justify a move.

How will Pluto ever regain population if every moves? Simple answer, it won't. I had a flame all written out at a select few "Pluto" players but its not worth posting. Anyway, by all means play Saturn, just stop asking me while I am still on Pluto. ;)

steweygrrr
17-05-04, 18:41
I play on uranus,

BECAUSE :

Itīs my home
Itīs where my chars are
Itīs where my stuff is
Itīs where my friends are
Itīs where I know people
Itīs a server I know how works
Itīs balanced
Itīs economically fair

So why should I go to another server ??

The day they close Uranus, is the day I will move to another server.

Ditto.

Carinth
17-05-04, 18:53
The only valid reason to stay on Pluto is that you don't want to put the time in to start over on another server. That's all there is to it.

Higher population means more jackasses, but it also means more good people. Higher pop does mean more rp! Just because you're happy playing with a small group on Pluto doesn't mean Saturn is worse for RP. Back when Pluto was going strong with 400-500 people, it was full of some of the worst NC scum ever. Their existance actualy helped the game. Many of Pluto's best got their start by banding together to fight the Bad Guys. A Community formed when the newer players went to us for help.

The same would happen on Saturn, if... and this is the real reason why Saturn has such a bad reputation.. the community still cared about NC. While there are definitly many that still have faith in kk and enjoy NC, there are many more of us that have lost it. It's sad to see how far some have fallen, but I don't blaim them. Venus took the brunt of a lot of their anger because in many ways Venus is what we want for our servers.

Doc Holliday
17-05-04, 19:40
i agree with the other uranus players who posted. totally agree. its a family thats left on uranus whether all the siblings get along or not. alot that are left that actually post on the forums are the " known players " on uranus. at least on this forum they are. if its nothing but reputation and knowing everyone around u then thats hard to give up to move to become a nobody till u get bigger. theres a pecking order some people wont give up to start a fresh which is what happens in most mmorpgs. lots wont give that up. not due to the items lost etc cos its not all about the items. its about status. thats another side to why people stay put. This talk of merge this server or close that server. i tried pluto and jupi. enjoyed both for diff reasons. but uranus is where i started and i know people there. plus theres more saturn refugees come to uranus than there is pluto i promise u that. it tells me something.............

Nuski
17-05-04, 20:11
Hate to say it but i did live on Saturn for about a year and i left it because of people like you vett, no im not giving your ego a boost quite the opposite. Saturn was as friendly as a rottweiler with his nuts in a vice :wtf: , i have found uranus (my current home) to be lacking in nastyness and even though the server numbers are low it makes for a nice relaxed atmosphere :cool: .

Theres my answer to your question. Completely agree with Naimex also :)

Nuski

ou7blaze
17-05-04, 20:58
coz ... Uranus is good at peak times .. it's fun ...

It's like pluto at times but peak time it's WAY better than Pluto... Pluto is like single player Uranus isn't wtf u on about it's got like 200 a moment ago or right now dunno didn't check and pluto has like 20 or 30 ...

ou7blaze
17-05-04, 21:03
ive just started playing uranus and i prefer it....granted its annoying not having any money and having to lvl from nothing, so not everyones going offa uranus/pluto to saturn

Ahhh so it really is you I saw someone with your name and wondered could it have been you but u didn't reply to me -_-

ou7blaze
17-05-04, 21:06
Oh um u might be wondering why I play on Uranus cos just like Naimex said ... all his points ditto that and also the fact i actually get around 100 ping higher on saturn and really it's not that stable at all... i already get 360 ping on uranus it's ok but could be better ... i live in Hong Kong.

Drake6k
17-05-04, 21:14
How will Pluto ever regain population if every moves? Simple answer, it won't.

Someone has to stay. Pluto was the first big server everyone played on. If everyone leaves it will only get worse. I'm going to do what I can by staying as long as possible. It's kinda funny when Mirrorshades are 1/3 the server at times. :D

How about everyone on Uranus comes to pluto? :)

sanityislost
17-05-04, 21:20
Yea pluto has lost alot of people, so have alot of other servers. when doy comes out or just before we will get more players. people have been slowly coming back to the server. im not gona leave cause i like the roleplay on pluto which is one of the reasons i play this game.

SiL ..:.. another pointless post..SQUEEEEEEEEE

Shadow Dancer
17-05-04, 21:25
It comes down to motivation. I simply can't do something if there's no motivation whatsoever.

I think leveling an apu is hellishly boring. Leveling the int, the dex, etc..

To start completely fresh is just too much. I simply can't do it again. I can do it in another mmorpg, because it's completely new and it's always fun the first time. But I CANNOT hunt mobs endlessly again. I just can't. I'm still at 99 psi on pluto, because everytime I try to go level I Just fucking can't stomach it anymore. I hate it, and it's completely boring. Maybe I could finish it, if I already had cash and rares. But to also have to hunt for rares especially because of the fucked up economy. UGH............... To go through the whole boring routine of getting 34028374032748 amount of X spell built just to get slots, just to level faster till I can use Z spell.

There's just no motivation whatsoever. Maybe if my clan moved with me to saturn, I'd be much more motivated. If it was like a fun team effort(hey guys let's all go level here) and we crack jokes and shit while leveling and have fun. That's the only way I can really see myself moving to saturn.

I'm also afraid of Saturn having pluto's problem in the future. It wasn't my fault Pluto's population went down the tubes. I think it's unfair that people are forced to move servers because the can't keep it's servers populated. I've played several mmorpgs, and this is the first where I actually had to do that. If I was to start again on sat, and do all that boring ass shit again, and then the same problem happens in the future, i'll go nuts.

I love this game's pvp. I really do. It's the best so far, despite it's glaring imbalances.

I also think expecting people to stay on pluto and blaming them for population drop if they leave, is incredibly silly. "omfg, that's why the pop so low ALL U GUYS R LEAVING LOLOLO". :rolleyes:

EDIT: Pirates of Pluto ba? LoL. That actually sounds like it would make a good clan name. All pluto players in the Pirates of Pluto clan. :D

greendonkeyuk
17-05-04, 21:41
dont want to move off uranus for the same reasons i posted last time Vett took it upon himself to "promote" saturns attractive qualities. Cant Be Bothered to go thru the hell of levelling all over again.

-FN-
17-05-04, 22:42
Why? I tried playing on Saturn for awhile. I can't stand even being around the hoards of pre-pubescent children that are the majority of that server. I can't stand the countless alts that people simply use to "fuck off" with. Few to none care about identity as they have 4 characters, all of which can be completely unique name-wise. Pluto was my home since day one and still is. Even if my house is empty, it's still my home. I would rather quit Neocron all together than move to another server. I've put too much time into my characters and stash on Pluto that I do not care to repeat on another server. What if I have to with DoY? Fine, but then I'm at least getting something new content-wise out of it.

Everyone has "hometown pride", especially those who have taken a liking to the "RP" portion of the game and developed somewhat of an identity. And in my opinion, after dabbling in a few other MMORPGs lately, the population count on servers just needs to be fucking removed. The numbers seem to be 50% of the decision making process when you log into Neocron. If you didn't know how many people were on a server, you'd just log in and see what was going on rather than assume nothing because the count on Pluto is 50 and Saturn was 150.

VetteroX
17-05-04, 22:50
Theres differences from bragging and srtating facts... I simply stated what I accomplished on pluto, to make you understand what I left, to go to a server where I had nothing. So you move and miss your freinds... well, you may find some old freinds on saturn who had left pluto (like I did) and you make new freinds... I made many new freinds on saturn, even people I wasnt on good terms with before.

Yes, I have pretty much left the game, but im still interested and post on the forums... and, like I said, IF saturn got a nice high population, id want to come back, and id assume others would too... having one big server might even over flow back into pluto and uranus again. I tyhink many people left not because of no new content, but because of too few people to play with

For me, pking never got boring... I could go pk all day, the problem was, that the pops got so low, there was nobody to pk, nobody to duel with, nobody to fight. Then when I heard sept 1 DoY, I knew there wouldnt be people for a long, long time. Im looking for solutions, and one big server seems to be the only one for the majority of people to have fun.

KimmyG
17-05-04, 23:05
Eh I think the only reason is not wanting to start a new char.

The we love are server and such is bullshit I mean 50-90 people most of whom are probably in plaza or in an ap. Who would like that its hard to find something on saturn with 200 people online. 50 people online that is almost like playing a single player game.

Celt
17-05-04, 23:08
So why play an MMO game?
[ edited ]

Mumblyfish
17-05-04, 23:12
So why play an MMO game?

I wouldn't leave the Pluto community for the world - regardless of how much of it's left, I love it. And most of the people who really matter have stayed. So...

Also, even with 50-100 people online, I am somehow never alone, and can always find something to do. Maybe you're just not trying hard enough, or find yourself with your face pressed up against a wall with the people and chat bars minimised all the time.

shend
17-05-04, 23:18
seems odd that i have to justify myself for playing on pluto :wtf:
u don't like pluto (anymore) ? then leave. u wanna go all philosophic? thats plato, not pluto for u m8 :p

Shadow Dancer
17-05-04, 23:22
thats plato, not pluto for u m8 :p

lmfao

Good one. :lol:

Techi
17-05-04, 23:27
When the game gets excessively boring because nobody is around, do you know what I do?

I try funky new things that nobody does because they're just stupid and outrageous.

A while back, I roled a rezzing combat PE. It was fun. I got a kick out of it. Later, I lomed him around, and he became the second of the current 5 PEs on Pluto that used a slasher with some effectiveness.

I then roled a tradeskilling spy that did EVERYTHING but hack. Not only that, but capped stats on all nonrare builds, sold APCs at 121k each, poked 115, and IDed tech parts with a relatively low fail rate. Not to mention driving APCs and repairing them on the spot, recycling anything that can be recycled, and having enough points left over to be extremely fast and use a lightsword.

I helped a friend with a blacksun tank setup that seems to go fairly well in combat....he still doesn't have an SA yet.

I dabbled with blessed hybrids and TL25 shelter hybrids.

I made a droning tank, FFS.

You know what I found when I got done doing all these things? People had gotten sick of Saturn and started to come back to Pluto. I participated in opwars with a good 20-30 people present. I held events at Nemesis Lab, and will be holding them at Gravis from this point out. I took teams of people to places they've never seen before because they were too busy getting hunted by idiots that can't think of anything better to do than rant on trade or ooc about how slow it is and how few people there are to kill. I've taught clanmates things about this game that they may never have learned, and it's kept them interested. It's kept their attention. It's made it fun.

Now, you're asking us to drop our fun and go play on another server so that all the 14 year olds have sombody to chase after and GR camp with their 4 characters each. Sorry....that provides you entertainment, perhaps, but not me.

To VetteroX and his kind, no, I will not indulge your fantasies of camping me because I have no defenses, weapons or money. To all those complaining of low server populations and lack of services, try something different for a change. Get with a friend and grow some creativity. To everyone who doesn't complain or whine at all, and simply lives with what is available, I commend you, and I'd like to invite you to come along sometime on one of these odd little ventures some of SXR sometimes do. It keeps the game alive.....not just the server.

Mumblyfish
17-05-04, 23:40
The good stuff.
*Rapturous applause*

...*mansex*

Heavyporker
17-05-04, 23:47
Techi... your post said what my posts did not. My congratulations to you, good sir.

Dubhead
18-05-04, 00:21
Well said Techi.

The game is only as good as you decide to make it. Limit it to just PvP and damn right it is gonna get boring.

edit - Oh and I guess I should say my part about Pluto. Our clan are very active so we never get bored there...we've just recently branched out into trying to fight for OPs and it is a good laugh, and for a dead server we've not exactly been short of people to skirmish with.

ezza
18-05-04, 12:15
i was in a fight with enough people to match plutos entire population, nuff said, more people more fun

[TgR]HusK
18-05-04, 13:02
hmm gues I'll say something to then.

Been a plutonian from the start, left a few months ago, and well I'm back now. And with me Killer will return aswell, with us who knows? maybe more will return?

But whatever happends, the reason for me being on pluto has nothing to do with server population, it has to do with roleplay, in the 12 months of playing neocron the one thing I did most was roleplay, never was much into PvP or PvM for that matter.

If all of pluto would suddenly decide to go mad and move I'd join em offcourse, but as it stands right now, thats never gonna happen and thus I'm happy where I am :p

Although its not such a bad idea to merge servers, I also don't like the idea of being able to have 4 characters on a server... even though most people on pluto now have more than one account. 2 would be the limit for me.

How about we ask KK to merge them servers into a completely new one when btdoy arrives, give people the choice which characters to move to a new 2 character server?

Ch1n Th3 M4g
18-05-04, 13:17
ive played uranus since beta
i have loved every min of if
i have every thing i need there
im in a phat clan (NCAT)
i pwn j00

so with all this why leave?
o_O

shend
18-05-04, 13:44
i was in a fight with enough people to match plutos entire population, nuff said, more people more fun

:wtf:
what has that got to do with people playing on pluto
you enjoy saturn,i enjoy pluto
saturn mensura est? hardly...

ezza
18-05-04, 13:55
:wtf:
what has that got to do with people playing on pluto
you enjoy saturn,i enjoy pluto
saturn mensura est? hardly...whats it got to do with it, well you got fuck all people on your server while we can have a fight between two factions that beats your server count

greendonkeyuk
18-05-04, 14:34
whats it got to do with it, well you got fuck all people on your server while we can have a fight between two factions that beats your server count

my server is bigger than yours.... guys do you really think bragging about shit like this is gonna make people wanna move to your server? if people wanted to move theyd move. some have, and are happy, some havent, and dont want to. why not jus leave it out with all these threads about how we should all come to saturn as those 200 or 250 people who play regularly on pluto/uranus are obviously quite happy where we are. you guys flaming people who play on the "forgotten" servers isnt gonna make em want to come join your server now is it........... this thread seems to be turning into saturn peeps wanting more people to pk and all of us non saturn peeps sayin no thanks kids.

shend
18-05-04, 14:58
my server is bigger than yours.... guys do you really think bragging about shit like this is gonna make people wanna move to your server? if people wanted to move theyd move. some have, and are happy, some havent, and dont want to. why not jus leave it out with all these threads about how we should all come to saturn as those 200 or 250 people who play regularly on pluto/uranus are obviously quite happy where we are. you guys flaming people who play on the "forgotten" servers isnt gonna make em want to come join your server now is it........... this thread seems to be turning into saturn peeps wanting more people to pk and all of us non saturn peeps sayin no thanks kids.

damn right m8
if saturn is so walhalla then why do u need us to join u in the first place?
cos basically, thats what it is.
i'm not asking anyone to come to pluto and i don't ask anyone to justify why they play on whatever server
the fact that people in spite of all the beauty of saturn or jupiter decide to stay on the low pop servers means they have a valid reason to do so.
so far, no one was able to convince me to switch server and this thread hasn't either :p

Original monk
18-05-04, 15:19
damn right m8
i'm not asking anyone to come to pluto and i don't ask anyone to justify why they play on whatever server
the fact that people in spite of all the beauty of saturn or jupiter decide to stay on the low pop servers means they have a valid reason to do so.
so far, no one was able to convince me to switch server and this thread hasn't either :p

yust so you know: VETTEROX ISNT A REPRESENTATIVE FROM SATURN !

i dunno who is, but its certainly not vetterox, he doesnt even play if i recall corectly ...

coolest thing you could do btw is to establish a decent playerbase on youre own servers :) so atleast when it gets to grose on saturn again, we can come to other servers to escape our cruel little world ...

i hope KK realises that they hurt emselves alot by taking sooo incredibaly long with patches, updates and ffcourse doy ...

in the 2 weeks i tested project entropia they had about 3 or 4 updates ... new mobs, new weapons, weaponGFX changed, new genreps, new hilevelcontent (landgrab), new clothes/armours etc etc ... in 2 weeks yeah ...

2 weeks 8|

ezza
18-05-04, 15:49
damn right m8
so we have more people to kill, why else o_O certainly not for your personalities, i mean you might ruin the kiddy atmosphere on saturn :rolleyes:

prozium
18-05-04, 17:37
Why? I tried playing on Saturn for awhile. I can't stand even being around the hoards of pre-pubescent children that are the majority of that server. I can't stand the countless alts that people simply use to "fuck off" with. Few to none care about identity as they have 4 characters, all of which can be completely unique name-wise. Pluto was my home since day one and still is. Even if my house is empty, it's still my home. I would rather quit Neocron all together than move to another server. I've put too much time into my characters and stash on Pluto that I do not care to repeat on another server. What if I have to with DoY? Fine, but then I'm at least getting something new content-wise out of it.

Everyone has "hometown pride", especially those who have taken a liking to the "RP" portion of the game and developed somewhat of an identity. And in my opinion, after dabbling in a few other MMORPGs lately, the population count on servers just needs to be fucking removed. The numbers seem to be 50% of the decision making process when you log into Neocron. If you didn't know how many people were on a server, you'd just log in and see what was going on rather than assume nothing because the count on Pluto is 50 and Saturn was 150.

i agree with you 100% all the way
B.E.A.Utiful

steweygrrr
18-05-04, 19:03
so we have more people to kill, why else o_O certainly not for your personalities, i mean you might ruin the kiddy atmosphere on saturn :rolleyes:

If we wanted to play like that, we'd go play Quake or UT. Yes PvP is an element in Neocron but it's not everything. As techi says Neocron is what you make it and, by the sounds of it, you appear to have made Saturn not much fun at all for those interested in the main part's of an MMORPG.... the Massively Multiplayer and the Role Playing. Remember this is NOT an first or third person shooter, it's an RPG and YOU are not the only ones playing it. Maybe thats why Uranus and Pluto are 'better servers'....BECAUSE WE GIVE A FUCK!

Heavyporker
18-05-04, 20:24
Guys, I figured out how to end this.

Start Program "ThinkFFS";

variable MMO type Word;

If

accept definition: <MMO is defined as: People with different opinons.>;

Then Write: "Now sit down and STFU.";

End;

[TgR]HusK
18-05-04, 20:34
Guys, I figured out how to end this.

Start Program "ThinkFFS";

variable MMO type Word;

If

accept definition: <MMO is defined as: People with different opinons.>;

Then Write: "Now sit down and STFU.";

End;

LoL ! :lol:

Strych9
18-05-04, 20:34
Not to get into this, but..

Techi's post is great!

Just let me point out-

Everything Techi did on Pluto you can do on Saturn too. You dont have to have scarce server populations to try new stuff.

Just wanted to add that. Some of us experiment with things like that on Saturn while also having tons of other players on at the same time.

Doc Holliday
18-05-04, 21:30
Slightly OT but mkvenner if u read this mate and u need a little helping hand on uranus then give me a shout on trade/ooc or ask around for me or send me a pm. some one ought to shut the thread now too. its been done to death.

Shadow Dancer
18-05-04, 21:37
Is uranus population low too? I've never looked at it.

Techi
18-05-04, 21:45
Not to get into this, but..

Techi's post is great!

Just let me point out-

Everything Techi did on Pluto you can do on Saturn too. You dont have to have scarce server populations to try new stuff.

Just wanted to add that. Some of us experiment with things like that on Saturn while also having tons of other players on at the same time.

and I'm not saying you can't...it should be encouraged. It just seems to me so far that it's been far easier to do with nobody around breathing down your neck with a CS.

Strych9
18-05-04, 21:56
and I'm not saying you can't...it should be encouraged. It just seems to me so far that it's been far easier to do with nobody around breathing down your neck with a CS.I am sure it is. Its just as easy on Saturn with a LE in. Same thing, but the challenge of one less brain slot and the extra benefit of having more people around.

For a LOT of players, thats why they dont play on Pluto. The MM part of MMORPG is missing.

While it IS nice to try stuff without other players around- a lot of people want and expect other players to be around. :)

Furion
18-05-04, 22:11
whats it got to do with it, well you got fuck all people on your server while we can have a fight between two factions that beats your server count

[ edited ]read techis post, ur mentioned in there, can u figure out who u are?
we like pluto cuz of the people there (the few but nice people), [ edited ]

Kuya
18-05-04, 22:27
My ass is gonna stay on pluto, i dont wanna start over again :(

ezza
18-05-04, 22:47
[QUOTE=Furion][ edited ] read techis post, ur mentioned in there, can u figure out who u are?
we like pluto cuz of the people there (the few but nice people),[ edited ]QUOTE]
[ edited ]

Mumblyfish
18-05-04, 22:51
[ edited ]
[ edited ]

[/obscure reference]

[/well, shouldn't be obscure, but noone's got any fucking taste, so it is]

Techi
18-05-04, 22:54
[ edited ]

<sarcasm>

*cowers* oh no...I'm a wimp and a pussy...I like to play on a server that isn't crammed with asshats and won't migrate to their server when they wave their namecalling propaganda in my face...I should just curl up and die because I'm too much of a pussy...

</sarcasm>

ezza
18-05-04, 22:55
<sarcasm>

*cowers* oh no...I'm a wimp and a pussy...I like to play on a server that isn't crammed with asshats and won't migrate to their server when they wave their namecalling propaganda in my face...I should just curl up and die because I'm too much of a pussy...

</sarcasm>
[ edited ]

Mumblyfish
18-05-04, 22:57
[ edited ]

Neocron community. Love, don't hait.

Pluto and Saturn. Friends forever.

ezza
18-05-04, 22:58
[ edited ]

Pluto and Saturn. Friends forever.
i love you to mumbly :p

Shadow Dancer
18-05-04, 22:59
*Reads mumbly's post*

:(

That was disgusting.

ezza
18-05-04, 23:02
*Reads mumbly's post*

:(

That was disgusting.what can i say, i deserve it for my attitude, but i have a laugh so who cares :lol:

Mumblyfish
18-05-04, 23:06
i love you to mumbly :p
http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/images/smiles/winky.gif

plague
18-05-04, 23:14
http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/images/smiles/winky.gif
LOL thats funny, nice smily :D

Gotterdammerung
18-05-04, 23:27
1 and only warning, get yourselves under control (especially the last few posts) or else another thread locked due to the usual suspects.

Techi
19-05-04, 04:16
Well, anyway, with all available respect to the original poster, this topic has been revisited so many times, it's not entertaining anymore. People play where they play for whatever reasons they play, and nobody else has any say over that. If you don't like how things are going, work to change it, instead of complaining about it, and if you already are working to change it, you have plenty to do with your time anyway. For all intents and purposes, Vet came into this with partially the right idea....those who whine have no room to do so. He just did a fantastically good job of expressing it in a manner that appeared to be demeaning to the reasoning of other players. One way or the other, it's up to the players to make this a better environment, and it's going to take work from everyone. So stop asking why we play on a particular server...stop chewing people out just because you aren't getting what you want and don't want to go to another server...stop it all, and just play.

Cr33p3r
19-05-04, 04:31
Leave Pluto alone

SorkZmok
19-05-04, 05:11
I have to say im sorry about all those "saturn got all the assholes" posts. We got some new peeps on uranus, they already said theyre just around to pk. I still kinda like em.
Also i wasted some enemy tank in NF. Every time. Lost to the evil kami DJ though. :lol:
Senseless post, i'm drunk. Just wanted to say something. DJ > meh > "that evil tank", some other tank, that pe and dont to forget that other pe.

Sleep, now!

Drexel
19-05-04, 06:24
Ummm, Neocron is not Dying, im not sure where you get that from.

The game has not been sold to public for several months (cant really count online sales, really) in just 14 weeks its back on sale & population will increase, so why work our asses off to move ?

& yes, population will increase so no problem & you can close this thread for been such a non event.

** I actually prefer smaller population, I hope we never reach 1000 per server, just selfish i guess ***

phunqe
19-05-04, 09:21
Let's all just make up and

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-005.gif

We should all be above this bickering. We've laughed, cried and sworn over this game together. Can't we all just get along.

Mumblyfish
19-05-04, 09:33
We're all here because we like Neocron. So let's kiss and make up, and allow people to pick whichever server they prefer for their own reasons.

And don't spam "PLUTO IS DEAD" when there's an active community there who'll tell you otherwise.

Siygess
19-05-04, 10:02
Can't we all just get along.

*lol* Agreed... I've been saying that for two years ;)

Kuya
19-05-04, 10:02
Cant we do anything about the population??? I mean 70 ppl online when on uranus or saturn there are over 200 ppl online

Techi
19-05-04, 16:47
yes. Talk to your RL friends and get them interested in NC. Tell them to play on Pluto.

Cr33p3r
20-05-04, 13:51
why is it that you saturn/uranus/venus/jupiter peeps bother whit us pluto players you dont see us scream on the forums about you guys leave Pluto alone we dont bugg you guys

-=BlackBeard=-
20-05-04, 14:23
good kk dont merge servers if anything make pluto to neptune

slaughteruall
20-05-04, 14:38
why is it that you saturn/uranus/venus/jupiter peeps bother whit us pluto players you dont see us scream on the forums about you guys leave Pluto alone we dont bugg you guys

Oh yeah i've never seen anyone post pluto>better then all other servers. In other threads. Now that the shoe is on the other foot every pluto player is getting pissed. Deal with it like a man son.

Slaughter

Rai Wong
20-05-04, 17:27
hmhm vet its nothing sentimental, i'd love to pvp people like vet, and i'm sure I could find new friends on saturn, but its just that there is no motivation to leveling myself and collecting all that crap all again. Sure the first time you build HP is fun, then the second time seems so annoying. I can't imagine having to get my MC5 chips all over again...just can't...sorry its all about motivation, granted I don't play anymore.

I actually felt really sad when I played AO and there were people all around the world, and this is a game that is sub par to Neocron in many waysn and leveling in AO? you could level in 8 different places at 1 level. In neocron I just can't stand doing aggies, cyborgs, wbs and finally caves all over again. I can't imagine having to collect SA, SF, all my rares all over again.

Some of you might think its easy, but to me it took me as long as playing the game to achieve these things, and granted I do have slight a sentimental association with my first char rifle PE thats well known on uranus, and I just can't bear having to build him to that point all over again. All the items on uranus have a certain value to me, and to ask me to leave it and start all over again in somewhere else, is like asking me to leave home without anything get into a foreign country to start all over again.

Saito Hajime
21-05-04, 01:35
Vett, you ask why I stay? Because of the cool players that have stayed. See, to me, other players are more than targets for PK. Its called roleplaying. not that I expect any greifers out there to understand. There Really is more to the game than just gankin noobs. I've still been able to kill other players of opposing faction of similar rank. I suspect that the population will be better when DOY is released. Untill then its a refreshing break from normal life on the factionless server.

Moscow
21-05-04, 02:15
Everybody wants a server whith a good population, I think we can all agree on that. As we all know, Neocrons pop constantly goes down... despite KK's propoganda. So, to thoes of you who are still intent on playing neocron no matter what, Why do you stay on a server with so few people? I just dont get it...

Didn't you cancel your account a while ago? Seems a little odd to then turn around and ask why people keep playing "no matter what". o_O

But anyway, a smaller community, usually, leads to people getting along with, and knowing, each other a lot better than in an area where there are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people. It's all personal preference; just because *you* feel that a smaller population means a worse gaming experience, doesn't mean that others share the same viewpoint.

I started on pluto the first hour it went up, and many times during the first week, I was the highest level player on the server, until capping. I learned my pvp skills on pluto, joined my first retail clan on pluto, met many of my NC freinds on pluto, got one of the first mc5 chips there, and then had sole possesion (not a clan, just me) or more mc5 chips then anyone to my knowlege... I remeber people going nuts at "how unfiar" it was that I had 3 mc5 chips in my head in the days of no reqs. Anyway, The point is I had a lot of history on pluto, had a great time there, and it was my home server, but, as the propaganda voice in BFV says: "Its a very good idea to leave a sinking ship"

I fail to see the point of this section, other than another rant about how you're "number one" at everything.

Attitudes like yours on a server are hardly appealing, let alone attractive to potential players in my opinion.

In my view, Pluto was a sinking ship 8 months ago... now its sunk. I felt I had no option but to leave when it had 250 people at peek times, so I dont see how anyone can stay with the super low pop it is now. I moved to saturn, and sure, I hated the first few weeks... but then I capped a PE, got a SF, lib, etc, and had a great time pking ACTIVE people.. then I went and capped a tank, totaly capped, an apu, capped but 88 int, capped spy, 2nd capped pe, high level repair/driving/implanting pe, and high level constructor. I did this long ago, I havnt played more then 5 mins at a time in months.

Again this is just another "number one" section. Why bother to include it?

The amount of people you openly admit to "PK'ing" is irrelevant: There's been a sharp increase in the number of Law Enforcer users since a few weeks ago, and with the **/30 limitation placed on them, I can't see that number decreasing anytime soon.

It's no good having lots of people to Player Kill if half of them are outside your, rather selfish, influence.

So my question is to the people on Pluto, and Uranus, whats keeping you there? Theres so few people to play with, even at peek times. Why dont you want to play on a server with high population? Sure you gotta start fresh and have a rough time for a few weeks, but soon you would be capped and rich again. If everyone would just come to saturn, we could have a nice big populated server, and maybe even people who had stopped playing (like me) would come back and play, because they would have people to play with...

I've already offered my view on this bit, but I feel the need to ask, again, why you feel the need to lurk around despite having cancelled your account....?

Not only more people, but if all the people were on one server, all the GM's would be on one server, meaning more events, faster problem fixing, etc.

Not really.

More people in one place = More problems.

On a similar note, this is another thing Saturn isn't know for: Tolerance of events. In my experience, there's always, ALWAYS a group of people looking to destroy and ruin events, GM or otherwise, that happen.

If anything, everyone being on the same server will just lead to seregation amongst the players as GMs twig on who to exclude from events and the like.

And Im gonna answer the question before its asked: "why Saturn? Why dont YOU all come to Pluto/Uranus?" Because saturns already got the most people by a long way... if pluto had the most, or uranus had the most, the small servers should go there.. but its not like that.

More people doesn't equate to more fun.

Look at the whole Black Dragon mess a while ago. Nearly the entire bloody map was locked down to anyone outside of the faction, leading to a lot of outsiders "jumping ship" just so they could level up in relative peace.

Face it.. KK isnt gonna merge the servers, and they arent going to move your chars... its up to you. Help make one giant, fun server, or stay on your little world of 20 - 100 people and keep posting about how bored you are on your server and cant ever get a poke.

Let's turn that on it's head:

Help make a small, tight community or go to a large one where the more vocal elements make it their ambition to ruin others' play experience and demean their existence.

Peace.

-Moscow

ezza
21-05-04, 02:28
theres a diffrence between a small gamer comunity and the microscopic one we got here now

Moscow
21-05-04, 02:37
theres a diffrence between a small gamer comunity and the microscopic one we got here now

Considering most of the remaining playerbase is composed of those in beta and at the start of retail, it's hardly surprising.

If you expect a MMORPG to keep you constantly thrilled, amazed and content over the span of several years WITHOUT resorting to simply adding more mobs and weapons, then you're in the wrong genre. Given it's lack of advertising and the array of bugs (Even though not everyone suffers from them), I believe Neocron has done pretty well; especially seeing as the company shows no sign of letting up.

That's just my take on it though.

Peace.

-Moscow

ezza
21-05-04, 02:41
ya but i dont think Vets expecting 100,000s of people, i mean if we had servers of 600+ all time then that would be cool

thats still a small community, but big enough to keep Pkers going, still small enough to satisfy the small community people

BunkerBoy
21-05-04, 03:17
I'll just say this. Its not the population that matters, ITS THE COMMUNITY! =D :angel:

naimex
21-05-04, 04:31
If the servers werenīt so damn different, and there wouldnīt be all those char, item, OP, clan and what-not issues,

THEN

I might have been in favour of a full merge..

(simply for logicality, that there can only be 1 neocron, and all that shit, and atm, theres one on a lot of diffeent planets, which are only server names, whilst it all happens on earth.....)

But itīs not, and there are those issues, so my answer is still, no to a merge.

VetteroX
21-05-04, 04:48
moscow, try reading before responding... I never said I canceled my account, I said I still had many months left (doing a payment when I was lied to and made to belive DoY would be out late spring/early summer) I just wouldnt be playing and wouldnt pay again... I said id like to play if there were people, but their werent... recently ive been laying a little each day, after about 8 weeks at least of not playing, because things on saturn changed and theres now a lot of TG and FA to pk. The DoY tunnels made me start getting back in shape to pk, as it will draw a lot of victoms to one place.

Moscow
21-05-04, 12:38
moscow, try reading before responding... I never said I canceled my account, I said I still had many months left (doing a payment when I was lied to and made to belive DoY would be out late spring/early summer)

So did the announcement suddenly disable your ability to play?

If being "lied" to was enough to stop you playing, then you wouldn't have been around for much longer anyway. If you pay in advance for THAT many months, then the game can't be so bad, can it? A poor excuse, in my opinion.

Click. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=96900)

That entire thread gives out the image you hate Reakktor and pretty much everything they do. You openly admit to knowing they "lie" (A ridiculous claim; nothing was promised) and yet you STILL paid up until May and June.

Just seems a little odd to continue giving financial support to a company you despise.

Peace.

-Moscow

Weazle
21-05-04, 13:11
Everyone just kill this subject off as its getting rather pointless and tiresome.

Let everyone who is still playing the game enjoy it the way they want to.

If you have a problem about population ...... wait a month or 2 after the launch of BDoY.

The more people bitch about what's wrong and not offering solutions is not helping at all. Newcomers to this forum are just gonna cancel their accounts as soon as they see what kind of crap is here.

If they launch BDoY successfully, then we can be thankful that there will be a rise in population and then hopefully more investment into the support and development of game.

We all have to see what's gonna happen after September 1 ..... any speculation or opinions about the downfall or rise of Neocron before that are just rumours.

ezza
21-05-04, 13:35
So did the announcement suddenly disable your ability to play?

If being "lied" to was enough to stop you playing, then you wouldn't have been around for much longer anyway. If you pay in advance for THAT many months, then the game can't be so bad, can it? A poor excuse, in my opinion.

Click. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=96900)

That entire thread gives out the image you hate Reakktor and pretty much everything they do. You openly admit to knowing they "lie" (A ridiculous claim; nothing was promised) and yet you STILL paid up until May and June.

Just seems a little odd to continue giving financial support to a company you despise.

Peace.

-Moscow
you can hate the company and still like the product

Moscow
21-05-04, 13:37
you can hate the company and still like the product

.....but what if you don't use the product, but still pay the company?

That's my point in all this.

Peace.

-Moscow

ezza
21-05-04, 13:39
.....but what if you don't use the product, but still pay the company?

That's my point in all this.

Peace.

-Moscow
way i see it, he paid for the 6 month option while he still was enjoying killing people, KK fucked up, so he left for a bit, he had already paid, now hes semi back umm not sure where im going with this so i leave it at that, im sure Vet will have a responce for ya when he checks in

Jesterthegreat
22-05-04, 02:48
I've played Uranus sonce release and can't see me leaving. i know 90% of the people there (as enemies or friends) and more importantly they know me.

as long as NCAT is on Uranus ill be there.

I do have a char on pluto. i have 4 on Saturn too...

i am leveling on saturn, but when caped this will purely be to PK as many assholes as possible. from what i have seen Saturn people rely on capping and killing noobs and / or using massive numbers instead of skill.

For me Uranus has a lot of skilled PvPers, even if they dont come on here and brag like alot of the other server people do. the good people on Uranus know who they are. i am clanned with a fair few of them... and i fight a fair few of them. Recently i have been fighting SSC / Ronins / R2K / The Regulators / TJ. most of these clans have been around since retail launch and have some skilled PvPers in. of course all clans / servers have some assholes in too, but i think thats true no matter what game you play.

as long as my freinds play Uranus, ill be there

as long as i have people to fight beside, ill be there

as long as i have people to fight against ill be there

simple :)

NC Junkie