PDA

View Full Version : Remove Mission 3 of Biotech Epic

___T-X____
17-05-04, 11:44
Yes have a small assignment for you...just go to

Loba Village, J_13 and have a chat with Beckert.

Yea right, im 11/31 driving PE and theres no chance.

You gr to El Fayid, you get fcuking r4ped by doy.

You try to navigate inbetween the DoY units with out them seeing you. Impossible, they seem to move around on the top of hills.

Maybe if you go into the next zone you can bypass them - wrong, theyre on the zoneline.

Lets try from Telza, The TG guards with there infinate range and Fusion cannons that break your legs in one hit and never misss because the Fusion balls follow you. Or the Grims stand on hills burning you, then you still have to get past DoY's when you get north.

Try on a vehicle, you zone into to doys again and die, the vehicle doesnt go back the the depot so youve lost the vehicle for an undetermined amount of time.

Seriously, this is a Rank 30 mission, I wouldnt fancy this with a Capped Tank.

I seriously think to start as Biotech and get this 'small assignment' at rank 30 is a joke. Currently needs a rework badly.

Died 12 times so far and never got any closer.

Thoughts ?

SynC_187
17-05-04, 11:47
Haven't tried it myself, but from what I'm hearing I have to agree. They had a working epic and now its screwed.

Its great that the DoY units are moving around building the storyline, but the epic should have been taken into account when they did this.

Tara Hellfire
17-05-04, 12:08
I got this mission wit a hoovertech.
come from the south over the hills.
worked with my apu. but navigate slow. if the got u, drive for ur live and drive behind hills so that their shots didnt get u.

I hope this is helpfull for u

greetings

:angel:

ezza
17-05-04, 12:13
i scoped the area out yeterday, and its back to the population level that it was once at, you can either GR to escador, head south west and then you will bein the top part of loba village meaning you should avoid DOYs

or just run up to syncon then head 1 sector west

ive done it twice before on a midlevel char and a high level one, its not so bad,

MkVenner
17-05-04, 12:15
mebbe you could get a PPU to decoy if your really stuck/

SPIKE (pluto)
17-05-04, 12:27
I think it should stay since the doy bots have arrived in that sect, ive done the epic twice and made 15mill form selling the reward :)

Krush
17-05-04, 12:37
It's actually quite easy once you work it out

You drive to El farid with your hovertech.
At this point always stay as buffed as you can
Drive North a Zone
Keep driving East until.
Always stay at the bottom of the zone in case you need to change zones and back up (DOY bots)

With the Hovertech you should be fast enough to drive past if have to.
When u find a spare moment you heal and buff.

Once you are a zone above Loba drive just a little in and the South.

And basically there it is.

Then try and get home !!! :-)~

I hope this helped

___T-X____
17-05-04, 12:45
Seriously, guys, without Having Syncom or Escador this is severe. And you must be the luckiest sod alive to go from El Fayid and not get wasted. Never mind rezoning.

This isnt a Rank 30 task.

Maloch Octavia
17-05-04, 13:43
I have to agree, not because I've done the Epic, but because as about the same level, I've had to navigate from El Farid to the Graves.

It took me seven attempts, seven long attempts, and finally cost me eight Drones, as I had to launch them to lure DoY away from the area.

*Sighs*

Hire a PPU, it's the only way to do it, quickly.

CrazyMan
17-05-04, 14:09
Stop whining!
It can be done even by /30 lvl runner^^
I did the epic 4 times in past 2 weeks across 3 servers.
There is a way from south.
Hints: use hovertech, use drugs for health+resist bonus

Please don't moan. IF you can't do it. Leave it till you're a higher lvl, then you will definately be able to do it - with either stealth or hover.

Other ways - I doubt it. Well unless you'll bring a pile of antiCA peeps to kill the johnies and clear the path for ya^^ Or a PPU that will be rezzing you

:D

J. Folsom
17-05-04, 14:15
The Tangent Technologies /30 one is fun as well, nothing like forcing your way through a zone filled with Y. Reps to end up at a tower you have to climb which has a TG guard at the bottom.

Were it not for the fact that I had LOMed myself to be able to use stealth tools, I'd never have managed to do it, with my frail droner constitution.

Hmm...

*Goes browse Croncom's epic walkthroughs, to make a list of these things and suggested changes*

extract
17-05-04, 14:37
You drive to El farid with your hovertech.
At this point always stay as buffed as you can
Drive North a Zone
Keep driving East until.
Always stay at the bottom of the zone in case you need to change zones and back up (DOY bots)

rofl, drive north a zone-thats a death trap, been around tescom lately? Im not sure what its like on saturn, but i was just tryin to get to graves earlier, and i got to tescom, launched my trusty scout drone and i saw no less than 40-50 Doys around that OP and even more scattered thruout the rest of zone....so whatever u do...dont go this way lol

winnoc
17-05-04, 15:06
I have more of a problem finding the npc's then getting places.
Would be cool is someone added the npc locations to croncom :-)

]v[ortice
17-05-04, 15:10
Should have told me u were doing the epic yesterday mate.

I'll take you to Loba Village tonite matey.

I've taken 3 people there already and been myself once since the DoY bots spawned there. It's dead easy.

ezza
17-05-04, 15:16
rofl, drive north a zone-thats a death trap, been around tescom lately? Im not sure what its like on saturn, but i was just tryin to get to graves earlier, and i got to tescom, launched my trusty scout drone and i saw no less than 40-50 Doys around that OP and even more scattered thruout the rest of zone....so whatever u do...dont go this way lol
when was that, because when i was at tescom for op war the other day, there was only a few that i saw in the sector

40$Poser
17-05-04, 15:19
i scoped the area out yeterday, and its back to the population level that it was once at, you can either GR to escador, head south west and then you will bein the top part of loba village meaning you should avoid DOYs

or just run up to syncon then head 1 sector west

ive done it twice before on a midlevel char and a high level one, its not so bad,

you should see jupiter, tried getting there at least 10 times... me trying to sneak around (jupiter has like 10x the doys saturn has)... impossible to get there alone. Got a ppu to help me... run died, rezzed run die, rezz... ppu just eventually logged off on me.

Saturn is ok, but jupiter... good luck :/

DigestiveBiscui
17-05-04, 15:21
i did it with my tank when he was lvl 35 :)

Brammers
17-05-04, 15:28
It is very easy to complete part 3 - take a Rhino tank to Loba village.

Organics
17-05-04, 16:27
Assuming you have an oh so handy Rhino just laying around.

I think he's talking about doing it solo on foot/hovertec. Not with a bloody great tank strapped to him :p

ezza
17-05-04, 16:35
Assuming you have an oh so handy Rhino just laying around.

I think he's talking about doing it solo on foot/hovertec. Not with a bloody great tank strapped to him :p
he would be a bit of an easy target with a rhino on his back :D

Organics
17-05-04, 16:37
Yea true, one shot to the legs, legs break and SPLAT, one Runner pancake courtesy of Rhino :p

^^

Disturbed021
17-05-04, 16:59
I've done the epic 2 times last week on Pluto. Not that hard tbh.
The Storm bots have killed almost all the DoYs south of the zone where you actually have to go to Loba Village. Then you just have to scout out the area from the zone line to Loba *shrug*

Geth
17-05-04, 18:15
I've been trying to do the Biotech Epic mission 3 for the last week straight, and all I succeeded to do was spread my decimated corpse all over the desert.

I tried it in a hovertec
I tried it in a truck
I even went with stealth on
And all I got was f**ked

I've given up trying and have gone back to TS. Maybe I'll try again when I'm capped with an Oblitorator Stealth. :D

I've attached some pics of the DoY forces around and in zone J13, the density of bots is just too high. And I did eventually find Becker, but that was after I changed back to TS. *shrug*

Edit: Pics did not attach, I'll try again

CRAIG DIGGERS
17-05-04, 18:36
Saturn is ok, but jupiter... good luck :/
Uranus good luck aswell^.^
but its still possible :p

P4mp3rk3
17-05-04, 21:15
I did it on my tank, and I was driving a 4x4, it weren't THAT hard...
just be patient, and wait for the right time I guess :s

Cytaur
17-05-04, 21:17
imagine when KK removes doys from that zone, all the hackfest with the belts!

greendonkeyuk
17-05-04, 21:27
you shoulda jus phoned a friend.....

seriously though there was a thread about this a little while ago, it is a valid point. There are ways to get to the loba village of course, even for a rank 30 char but they are difficult and tbh for someone who is brandnew to the game (ie proper rank 30, not rank 30 on their 5th char or whatever) it could seem insurmountable. I think they should move the location that the npc spawns to somewhere a little less dangerous. Maybe the greycore outpost? i mean its a location and it rarely (Ever?) gets used for anything so why not move it there. Ok the story line would need to be rewritten a tad but it hardly makes for a groundbreaking difference workwise and its a helluva lot easier to finish the epic.

extract
17-05-04, 21:59
when was that, because when i was at tescom for op war the other day, there was only a few that i saw in the sector

like i said I didnt know the condition on saturn, but on uranus, just the other night there were a ton of them.....

Krush
18-05-04, 03:19
Using the method I described earlier I have done it like 8 times and only died twice

My mate did his three alts this week with no deaths.

Once you follow a system its dead easy.

We also do it pretty fast too.

On Saturn they are in big groups but the groups are spread out

SypH
18-05-04, 03:20
I wouldnt remove it. Just bump it up to a higher level mission.

Geth
18-05-04, 05:53
I agree if it is not changed, mission 3 should be the end of the Epic.

Here are the pics I ment to add before:
3 are showing the area around Lobo village, 1 of beckert just cause.
The last shows the crazy powers of a DoY bot, I found on crawling up a dead cliff. :wtf:

[CiX]Brad
18-05-04, 08:39
Haven't read the entire thread, but use a damn PPU

netster
18-05-04, 10:17
did the epic yesterday ..... smoothest way to get there :

gabanium => i_13, walk to the east border of the map, than north ...
on the NE is a building (sat uplink?), on the right side of the building, u
can climb up the hill behind it, walk up there north into J_13 and than u just
need to go up north (run) down the hill ... 2 units waiting 1/2 way infront of
the building the NPC waiting for u, u can walk arround em (on the right side)
without taking any damage and going directly into the building.
talk to the NPC, kill 5 mutants corps (perhaps wait till they respawn or shoot
the one's behind the building through the windows) and talk to him again ...

than u can easy walk same way back (the hill in the side u walked down,
theres also a way to get up) .... done!

(or u let a unit shoot u to GR fast home :) )

]v[ortice
18-05-04, 14:56
T-X has done the epic now :)

/closed :P