PDA

View Full Version : GM or whatever answer pls

Mordillo
16-05-04, 22:12
Is possible to move a char from a server (pluto) to another one with all his stuff?
and if yes how i can do it?

i want a answer from GM if possible

HatchetRyda
16-05-04, 22:13
Nope, you can't.

J. Folsom
16-05-04, 22:14
It's probably possible, but won't ever be done.

You could try some inter-server trade with people, to at least get some supplies.

Gotterdammerung
16-05-04, 22:36
No

(actually the 2 replies above cover it well)

Shadow Dancer
16-05-04, 22:41
That's too bad. :(

I should cancel my account till doy then, obviously the population won't get any better and i'm sick and tired of searching the "world" for people to fight on pluto.

J. Folsom
16-05-04, 22:49
I'd offer to set you up on Saturn, but considering I barely have enough money for myself...

I could probably give you 100k or something, and some free blueprints to start you off.

retr0n
16-05-04, 23:17
No

(actually the 2 replies above cover it well)

I know for a fact that your statement is semi-incorrect.
One of my friends account got bugged somehow and couldnt be reactivated
so KK moved his char and all his stuff onto another account he made. This
was all on pluto though but there should be no difference at all in moving it
onto another server.

Rith
16-05-04, 23:17
There's plenty of people on Saturn, therefore more chance of people helping you out (in theory).

Give me a shout - or ask another member of our clan - The Phoenix Mercs - we've been helping a few new recruits to Saturn recently.

J. Folsom
16-05-04, 23:20
I know for a fact that your statement is semi-incorrect.
One of my friends account got bugged somehow and couldnt be reactivated
so KK moved his char and all his stuff onto another account he made. This
was all on pluto though but there should be no difference at all in moving it
onto another server.Those were pretty exceptional circumstances though, not just someone wanting to move to another server.

So, as I said it's possible, but won't be done. I probably should have left out the ever, but since it was a direct reply to what Mordillo asked...

retr0n
16-05-04, 23:30
Those were pretty exceptional circumstances though, not just someone wanting to move to another server.

So, as I said it's possible, but won't be done. I probably should have left out the ever, but since it was a direct reply to what Mordillo asked...

It probably isnt ever going to be done, but it _is_ possible...

Nidhogg
16-05-04, 23:32
Not to swap servers it isn't.

N

MrChumble
16-05-04, 23:54
If you move to Saturn try to source some cash first. It was a real culture shock for me going from several mil on most chars to struggling for gr money. I forgot how biased NC is against noobies when it comes to money.
Stamina also becomes a major issue when you can't afford to stock 300 boosters in your gogo...whoever decided NC needed a stamina stat needs taken out and shot. Repeatedly.

I really hate being a noob again ;)

Shadow Dancer
16-05-04, 23:56
Not to swap servers it isn't.

N

Can't KK recreate an exact duplicate of your char on a new server, then delete the one on your home server?

Benjie
16-05-04, 23:59
Being a noob is fun! I rerolled my private eye to make a Tank. I'm rank 45/45** at the moment. Noob tanks are the best, cuz you can solo stuff at an early level. :p

]v[ortice
17-05-04, 00:10
A solution for all pluto guys should be made and not just for one.

If anyone from pluto wanted to come to Uranus i'm sure everyone there would try and get u started at least.

My advice is to jump servers... but how you would get inter-server trade is beyond me.

bounty
17-05-04, 00:14
I know of a lot of people that jumped from pluto to saturn. Sure it sucked, but its a hell of a lot better than playing with yourself ;0

VetteroX
17-05-04, 03:37
[ edited ]

Shadow Dancer
17-05-04, 04:19
I know of a lot of people that jumped from pluto to saturn. Sure it sucked, but its a hell of a lot better than playing with yourself ;0

I'd be 200000000x more inspired if my fellow clannies(silent or pimp) went along with me.

manderf
17-05-04, 04:21
hey i tried shad but i was just a lonely chinaman is a new cruel world

Tostino
17-05-04, 05:40
The prob is that ppl are quiting pluto for a server with more ppl. so if evryone just went back to pluto then there would aloways be ppl to fight and no more 10 person op wars. dont leave just because there isent anyone to fight its only making the prob worse.

Psychoninja
17-05-04, 05:52
Time waiting for a server xfer option is time wasted.
Just start a character, something simple like a PE or a tank to set a foundation for the rest of your chars.

Theres nothign appealing about pluto anymore because people aren't coming into the game. It's just the same 30 - 40 every night. Why would people want to go 60 person server at peak when the one above it has 260? Don't get me wrong, I love pluto, but at the moment it has nothing going for it. You can blame the player base for not logging on pluto, but they're just the small part of the problem.

Nvidia
17-05-04, 06:12
I'm a die-hard Plutonian, I refuse to leave and contribute even further to the population problem we have. I can't say the same for the other 120-130 people that packed their bags and moved to Saturn though. :mad:

VetteroX
17-05-04, 07:12
[ edited ]

Everyone who plays pluto, stop constantly complaining about there being no people to play with. KK WONT do anything about it, and asking people to "come back to Pluto" Isnt going to work... I started on pluto the hour it went up... it was great for a long time but I realised months ago, like september, there were just too few people, so I went to saturn. Its just plain better on saturn, Ive been on both... 4 Chars > 1 Char, High pop > Low Pop... all there is to it.

1) Go to Saturn. Too lazy? thats YOUR problem, nobody elses.

2) Quit till DoY comes out... theres lots of awesome games out there

3) Play on pluto with 50 people at peek times, and accept it, instead of constantly complaing about it, when you have clear alternatives.

SynC_187
17-05-04, 11:26
[ edited ]

Everyone who plays pluto, stop constantly complaining about there being no people to play with. KK WONT do anything about it, and asking people to "come back to Pluto" Isnt going to work... I started on pluto the hour it went up... it was great for a long time but I realised months ago, like september, there were just too few people, so I went to saturn. Its just plain better on saturn, Ive been on both... 4 Chars > 1 Char, High pop > Low Pop... all there is to it.

1) Go to Saturn. Too lazy? thats YOUR problem, nobody elses.

2) Quit till DoY comes out... theres lots of awesome games out there

3) Play on pluto with 50 people at peek times, and accept it, instead of constantly complaing about it, when you have clear alternatives.
Blunt but right.

There is no point in going down with the ship, and it is going down.

Keep your chars there and if things improve with DoY you can go back and carry on.

What is more depressing/boring?

Being poor but with people to fight and a chance to get richer, or having everything you need, but no-one to use it on?

switchback
17-05-04, 11:35
after spending a year and a half getting to where i am now on pluto, i cant see myself leaving servers. sure i have some mid levels chars on other servers, but pluto is my home, and my clans home. LONG LIVE TEH PLUTO

Candaman
17-05-04, 11:43
cough jupi cough

Gohei
17-05-04, 13:41
Nope you can't.

You should 'ave pulled yer dick out months ago :lol:

A friend of mine made some wild cross server trades last week, from Pluto to Saturn and i ended up with a herc. (thanks you Spoek :D )

Mordillo
17-05-04, 14:35
i tryed to play on jupi with my clannies (silent) but very too boring to read only german

and btw my problem is that i have few time to play... usually when i came on pluto i did only some pvp
i dont have time to lvl again from 0 (i m not one of those that cap a char in 2 days=no rl) i havent that much time so i would to move a char to other server to log in some mins kill some ppl and log off thats all ;O
nc is only pvp for me

Granite
17-05-04, 19:13
I'll give a un-official official answer on this...

KK's database is not able to take an entire account and duplicate characters on another server.

Ghanima
17-05-04, 19:22
One good thing about having a server with noone on it is you can pull your LE out and level without being PKed by random players.

Gotterdammerung
17-05-04, 19:23
Once when I was a kid I sold lemonade, but i don't go around now preaching how the lemonade industry should be run and trying to relive those past glory days or nickels & dimes.

I think you've gone on long enough with this "un-official neocron storyline dude" posturing and frankly you've damaged your reputation enough in the past to lack any credibility at all.

thanks and have a nice day

Granite
17-05-04, 19:24
Quite bold of you Mr. Mod. I have done nothing wrong but post what I know. Which I am confident is alot more than you.

Got more to say tough guy!?

Granite
17-05-04, 19:27
oh one more thing....I was an employee of KK, which is alot more than you can say with volunteering.

I'm not riding this as my glory days, I am stating fact. And who are you to spout at the mouth when you know nothing about my current dealings with KK whether it be official or non official?

Doc Holliday
17-05-04, 19:29
well look at this. more trouble brews...... i only checked the thread to see what granite was posting this time and the mods responses.

Mumblyfish
17-05-04, 19:29
The thing is - even if they could - why would the GMs assist you in ruining two servers? Guh...

PS: And so Granite and Gottleerommydoo put their differences aside, deleted their posts, and the world was allowed to forget about what Granite said before it cause a shitstorm of collossal proportions.

The end.

Gotterdammerung
17-05-04, 19:31
Any kind of professional wouldn't be returning here every so often to deride reakktor as you do.

Regardless, forum moderation isn't open to discussion. Please stay on topic and try to contribute constructively. Lets put aside the "here's my un-official former storyline for like a week dude" opinions

Granite
17-05-04, 19:33
The thing is - even if they could - why would the GMs assist you in ruining two servers? Guh...

PS: And so Granite and Gottleerommydoo put their differences aside, deleted their posts, and the world was allowed to forget about what Granite said before it cause a shitstorm of collossal proportions.

The end.

The reason it would case that is because there are people who don't follow the flock and actually like what I did for KK. However that is behind, and if you don't like me because I speak the truth and don't sprinkle pretty little things on the top then look away.

You either like me or hate me.

Granite
17-05-04, 19:34
Any kind of professional wouldn't be returning here every so often to deride reakktor as you do.

Regardless, forum moderation isn't open to discussion. Please stay on topic and try to contribute constructively. Lets put aside the "here's my un-official former storyline for like a week dude" opinions

Apologize for your off topic and bold attack on my character.

Your the mod, you should be the professional.

Mumblyfish
17-05-04, 19:37
Lets put aside the "here's my un-official former storyline for like a week dude" opinions.
I know you asked nicely, Gotterdammerung (I actually copy/pasted your name this time :lol: ) but one last thing - then I'll shut up.

Granite, I DID like what you did as storyline guy, believe me. The Larent event is still one of the game's highest points in my mind, but that doesn't give you the right to come in here and start causing a ruckus among an already troubled community. I don't like you or hate you, I just don't want you to cause a huge argument on the forums regarding ReaKKtor's fallacies and inadequecies.

Please?

Nuski
17-05-04, 19:55
With respect Gotterdammerung i didnt take Granites reply about the database not being able to transfer chars and equip over to another server in a bad way. I didnt personally think it was an attack on the integrity of kk or on the wonderful game we call neocron.
To be completely honest the complete lack of "Official statements" with regards to customers questions and calls for help is pretty bad and i would value anybodies opinion/advice if they were once connected to kk in a strong way. They certainly know more than i do :)
No im not a fanboi of Granite and no im not slagging gotter just stating that the original post by Granite didnt seem to be a dig at KK in my opinion.

Last point i will make is to thank Granite for all he did whilst his time with KK the storyline was certainly interesting and made neocron fun.

Nuski

MrChumble
17-05-04, 19:58
I'm a die-hard Plutonian, I refuse to leave and contribute even further to the population problem we have. I can't say the same for the other 120-130 people that packed their bags and moved to Saturn though. :mad:

I stayed until it just plain wasn't viable to do so anymore. In an ideal world I'd be playing on a busy pluto; but that's not an option, so I'll use Saturn until DoY comes and Pluto numbers go back up.

Nidhogg
17-05-04, 23:11
To be completely honest the complete lack of "Official statements" with regards to customers questions and calls for help is pretty bad and i would value anybodies opinion/advice if they were once connected to kk in a strong way.
There are two clear, official statements on the first page of this thread stating that it isn't possible from people with current and daily access to the developers.

BTW, Granite, please don't double-post. Thanks.

N

MrChumble
17-05-04, 23:14
There are two clear, official statements on the first page of this thread stating that it isn't possible from people with current and daily access to the developers.

BTW, Granite, please don't double-post. Thanks.

N

True in this case, but it misses the more general issue of KKs customer service being, by and large, awful. They can make a good game, but they suck at admining it :wtf:

Celt
17-05-04, 23:33
Once when I was a kid I sold lemonade, but i don't go around now preaching how the lemonade industry should be run and trying to relive those past glory days or nickels & dimes.

I think you've gone on long enough with this "un-official neocron storyline dude" posturing and frankly you've damaged your reputation enough in the past to lack any credibility at all.

thanks and have a nice dayConsidering he was a KK employee, he would certainly know more about the database and what its capable of then either you or nidhogg.

Marx
17-05-04, 23:36
Considering he was a KK employee, he would certainly know more about the database and what its capable of then either you or nidhogg.Hmm... Microsoft hires janitors - I bet they all know alot about debugging software.

Your the mod, you should be the professional.
Will you just shut up and leave?

Nidhogg
17-05-04, 23:36
Considering he was a KK employee, he would certainly know more about the database and what its capable of then either you or nidhogg.
That is if you're foolish enough to believe that nothing's changed in the many months since he moved on (which things most assuredly have). In this case, however, we were all correct so all's well that ends well.

N

manderf
18-05-04, 00:18
That is if you're foolish enough to believe that nothing's changed in the many months since he moved on (which things most assuredly have). In this case, however, we were all correct so all's well that ends well.

N

ooo thats what i call a nidhogg/gotter double dragon beat down move.

Celt
18-05-04, 14:56

Nhaha, are you going to post the quote again, where MJS said they were moving to a new server DB "soon" over 18months ago?

[ edited ]

Marx
18-05-04, 16:01
Granite was right, Gotter doesnt like granite, and acted stupidly, and now you're defending gotter.Because Granite is a drama whore who just happens to be an ex-kk employee. I would defend Gotter too, he's done more for the community than a few half baked events that catered to the materialistic playerbase.